Toms Tips On Good Light
By Tom Neale, 1/5/2012
1. Never underestimate the importance of having good light when youre making a landfall or even entering a familiar harbor.
2. Good light is important for reading the water in places like the Bahamas and Caribbean.
3. Its also important for helping you to pick out aids to navigation against a back drop of lights ashore from cars, houses, buildings, traffic lights etc.
4. Good light also helps in staying clear of other maritime traffic. Even if you know and recognize the light configurations required by the Rules of the Road, in real life, its often difficult to figure out what that other boat is doing if its dark.
5. Reaching harbor in good light requires planning, a willingness to spend enough on fuel to get there in time, and, if youre a sailor, a willingness to keep that motor running so that youll have enough speed.
Go to www.tomneale.com for other information
Boating and water sports involve risk. Any comments herein should be followed at your own risk. You assume all responsibility for risk or injury to yourself or others. Any person or entity that uses this information in any way, as a condition of that use, agrees to waive and does waive and also hold authors harmless from any and all claims which may arise from or be related to that use.