How To Submit A Story To The Chartering Connection
BoatUS welcomes chartering stories from boaters with firsthand experience exploring interesting places by sailboat and powerboat. We like stories under 2,500 words. Please put the story on a CD, along with the following information and pictures, and send it all to Chartering Connection, BoatUS Internet Operations, 880 South Pickett Street, Alexandria VA 22304.
Here's what we need:
- Author's name
- Author's mailing address, email address and phone number (to be used for verification purposes)
- The approximate date of your charter. For example, "summer 2007" or "May 2005 to Sept 2007" (Sorry, we cannot accept stories that are about trips that concluded more than two years ago.)
- What kind of boat you were on (type, make, and length)
- Who was on the boat (names)
- The name and contact information of the company from whom you chartered the boat
- We'll also need plenty of digital photos of the place, and of you and your friends and family – whomever was onboard. These need to be in .jpg or .gif format, and not above 288px width.
- BoatUS will pay $50 for the first 10 submissions that we put on our website; payment includes photos. (Sorry, only one story per family.)
- BoatUS reserves the right to publish on our website, and pay for, only stories that we determine fit our requirements.