Tomís Tips on Cruising with Snakes
1. The two legged snakes are far worse to cruise with than those with no legs at all.
2. While two legged snakes generally are not known to eat rats, they often emulate them.
3. Therefore, if you have a two legged snake aboard, it is generally preferable not to feed it rats.
4. Whether you cruise with snakes or not, have some familiarity with what you might encounter where you cruise. A good color picture identification book with some description helps.
5. Iíve been told many times that there are no poisonous snakes in the Bahamas. I still would never take that for granted.
6. There are definitely poisonous snakes along the waterways of the North American continent and in the Caribbean. Educate yourself for your cruising area.
Go to www.tomneale.com for other information
Boating and water sports involve risk. Any comments herein should be followed at your own risk. You assume all responsibility for risk or injury to yourself or others. Any person or entity that uses this information in any way, as a condition of that use, agrees to waive and does waive and also hold authors harmless from any and all claims which may arise from or be related to that use.
Copyright 2004-2010 Tom Neale