Toms Tips About Seeing the ICW from Above
By Tom Neale, 11/3/2014
1. There are various places along the ICW where you can stop to see it from above.
2. Baldhead Island near Southport in North Carolina has a lighthouse which you can climb and see parts of the ICW, the Cape Fear River and its inlet.
3. Harbour Town on Hilton Head Island has a light house which gives you a view of some of the waterway including the Calibogue Sound.
4. if you stop at Camachee Cove Yacht Harbor at St. Augustine you can walk from the marina to the top of the Vilano Beach high rise bridge. From its peak you can see miles of waterway and part of the St. Augustine Inlet…not to mention the ocean.
5. The spot mentioned in this column was the Renaissance Marriott Hotel in downtown Portsmouth.
Boating and water sports involve risk. Any comments herein should be followed at your own risk. You assume all responsibility for risk or injury to yourself or others. Any person or entity that uses this information in any way, as a condition of that use, agrees to waive and does waive and also hold authors harmless from any and all claims which may arise from or be related to that use.