The BoatUS What's Cooking? site was created to encourage interest and awareness of onboard cooking and to offer members an opportunity to share their own recipes as well as to comment on and collect the recipes of others. The cooking site features Lori Ross, the acclaimed food-and-wine editor of PassageMaker Magazine, and one of the boating world’s most accomplished cooks, and her stories and recipes. This website is available to anyone, however, only BoatUS Members may post recipes and make comments.
In order to maintain a friendly and pleasant online environment, we have implemented some basic rules of conduct. We reserve the right to edit these rules from time to time without prior notice. The following are considered forum violations:
- Any posts which are profane, racist, sexist, discriminatory, sexually oriented, ethnocentric, threatening, flaming, vulgar, or mocking in nature.
- Personal attacks, victimization, retaliation, or hateful posts against anyone.
- Extensive topic deviation (includes political debates). Please keep comments and submissions related to recipes and cooking or your entries may be closed or even deleted.
- Nudity, pornographic, or macabre material.
- Advertising of products or services without BoatUS prior consent.
- Anything else deemed inappropriate by the BoatUS Administrators and Moderators.
We will remove, edit, or close any thread due to these violations. Please respect the decision of the administrators and moderators to maintain these forum rules.
If you feel a post violates any of these rules, please send an email to Blogger@BoatUS.com with a link to the page and a description of the violation.
BoatUS is not responsible for the content and/or accuracy of any recipes or comments. Users are solely responsible for the content of their messages, and agree to hold harmless this forum and its agents, with respect to any claim based upon any post made. We reserve the right to reveal user information, in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any messages posted by the user.
The Federal Trade Commission's Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA) requires that websites are to obtain parental consent before collecting, using, or disclosing personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are below 13 then you can NOT use this forum. Do NOT register if you are below the age of 13.
Failure to observe this forum’s policies may result in actions including but not limited to: negative moderation, editing or deletion of posts, or closing of accounts.
By registering and using this website, you agree to abide by all of the above rules and policies. If you agree, then click on the 'Accept' button at the bottom of the page and you will be taken to a page to register, if not click on the 'Cancel' button to exit the site.