Posted by Terri Parrow - Viewed 3140 times
1 stick margerine or butter
1 quart oysters
Dash of salt
Dash of pepper
Blurp of Worchestershire Sauce
Generous amout (to taste) Old Bay Seasoning
1 quart half and half, and or milk
- Melt butter in large pan, slowly, so the margerine doesn't burn.
- Drain oysters, add to melted butter
- Add salt, pepper, Worchestershire sauce and Old Bay
- Watch carefully - when edges of the oysters curl, they are cooked
- Remove from heat
- In the meantime, in another large pan, heat the milk and/or the half and half slowly, so it doesn't curdle
- It must be watched - this can be done while you are doing the oysters
- When heated to the boiling point, pour it over the oysters
- Heat, watching and stirring gently
- Turn off and let it stand until supper.
- It can be heated up again.