"Catch of the Month"
Photo Contest Rules
What to Submit:
- Photos of you holding your Freshwater or Saltwater catch -
Digital color photos are preferred. Maximum image size is 2MB; high
resolution "jpg" or "tif" files are best. No replicas or mounted
to submit all digital photos and catch information - Maximum image size
Send CD’s or hard copy photos, 4" x 6" or larger, to this address:
BoatUS Catch of the Month Photo Contest, 880 S. Pickett St. Alexandria,
- Contact Info: BoatUS Member Number, Name, Address,City, State,
Zip Code, Phone Number, Email Address.
Not a Member yet? Join today for only $24 per year!
- Catch Info: Species Caught (please specify freshwater or saltwater);
Length, Weight; Tackle Used; Date Caught; Catch Location.
- Contest begins April 1, 2014, 12:00 am EST and ends October 31 , 2014,
11:59 pm EST. There will be a contest each month starting on the 1st
of the month and ending on the last day of the month. Winners will be
notified via email or phone call after the last day of the month.
Who Can Enter:
- BoatUS Members and non-Members may enter. Open to all legal US residents
18 and older.
NOTE: Prizes will be awarded to the angler in the photo, not to the
photographer. Prizes will be awarded in the name of the winners'
parents or legal guardian if winners are under the age of 18 on April
- Two prizes will be awarded each month - one (1) for
"Best Freshwater Catch"; one (1) for "Best Saltwater Catch". Each month's
winner will receive:
1. One-year BoatUS Membership with Basic Towing
2. $50 Visa Gift Card,
3. BoatUS Logo Items,
4. Fishing Gear Prize Pack
NOTE: Prizes will be awarded to the angler in the photo, not to
- Each winner will also receive a framed "Catch of the Month" Certificate
suitable for hanging, and their winning photo will be published in BoatUS
Magazine, on BoatUS.com, and in "Tacklebox"
monthly fishing newsletter.
- Grand Prize Package:
1. Upgrade of your BoatUS Membership to include Unlimited
On Water and On Road Towing
2. $50 Gift Certificate to BoatNameGear
3. A high-quality, fiberglass Fish Mount Replica of the winner's catch
One Grand Prize will be awarded in each category, (freshwater and saltwater),
in a drawing from all winning entries at the end of the contest period.
- Winning photos will be selected by most "Likes" on the
BoatUS Facebook page. (Delivery of fish mount replicas could take up to 1 year for delivery. BoatUS is not responsible for deliveries quoted by FishReplicas.com.) Photos from all monthly winners will
be placed on the BoatUS Facebook page and visitors will
be asked to "Like" their favorite photo in each category,
(i.e.one (1) freshwater and one (1) saltwater). The two images with
the most "Likes" will be selected as the Grand Prize winners.
- Winner is responsible for all taxes
- Submit up to two photos per month - only one catch per email or postal
envelope will be accepted.
Please Note: Photos of unsafe or irresponsible boating behavior
or poor fish handling practices will not be considered.
- Each person may only win a monthly contest once per contest cycle April through October. All monthly winners will automatically be entered in the Grand Prize voting.
- Entrants may only submit a specific photo once per contest year, (i.e.
we will not accept the same photo for different months).
- All catches must meet your state's minimum weight requirements.
- Photos will not be returned unless accompanied with a self-addressed,
stamped envelope with adequate postage.
- The photographer is responsible for obtaining model release forms
if necessary. By submitting a photo, the photographer assumes all responsibility
for securing the necessary permissions.
- Monthly winners will be notified via email after October 31,
2014 that their Catch of the Month winning photo will be posted on Facebook
for the Grand Prize voting period. Any winner who does not
wish to have their winning photo posted must contact BoatUS at
email@example.com, or by calling 866-906-0013, and inform BoatUS that they do not wish to participate in the Grand Prize drawing.
- By submitting a photo, you give BoatUS permission
to reprint the image as needed for all legitimate business purposes
including advertising and promotional activities without additional
compensation, unless prohibited by law. Your name may or may not be
included when used outside of this contest.
- Photos will be selected based on the size of the catch as well as
effectiveness of the image.
- The photographer will retain the rights to the photo(s) and may sell
or use the photos.
- BoatUS reserves the right to change the contest rules
without prior notification.
- * Grand Prize winners with catches over 60" will receive a replica
that is only 60" in length regardless of the actual size of their
- * Grand Prize winners with addresses outside the contiguous 48 states,
(i.e Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Canada), will be responsible for the
shipping costs of their replica.
- * Due to holiday scheduling for FishReplicas.com, fish mount replicas could take up to 1 year for delivery. BoatUS is not responsible for deliveries quoted by FishReplicas.com.
- The promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by,
or associated with Facebook. Facebook is completely released of all
liability by each entrant in this promotion.
- Sponsor is not responsible for any failure of the Page during the
Entry Period including any technical malfunction of any computer, on-line
systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure
of any e-mail or review to be received on account of traffic congestion
on the internet or on Facebook, or any combination thereof.
- Employees of BoatUS and their family members are not eligible for
- No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.
If you have any questions, please contact us at info@BoatUSAngler.com