View Last Post Viking Yachts Links
Last Post By: Viking44
Forum: Viking Yacht

Posted: April 17 2014 at: 06:32

View Last Post Amerosport 320
Last Post By: Jerry737
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: April 13 2014 at: 16:00

View Last Post Any Uniflite Owners near Berkeley CA???
Last Post By: concordian
Forum: Uniflite

Posted: March 08 2014 at: 02:27

View Last Post Inverter
Last Post By: eshover
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: February 03 2014 at: 11:32

]
] ]

Chaparral
 BoatUS Boat Groups/Manufacturer Forums>>Chaparral
Subject Topic: Chaparral’s Owner Forum Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
Author
Message Prev Topic | Next Topic 
AfterMath
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: August 23 2006 at 13:12 | IP Logged Quote AfterMath

I am finding the Owner's Forum at ChaparralBoats.com to be a bit of a pain.  Every post is moderated so that it takes time, sometimes days (no posts over the weekends, holidays, or other odd blackouts), for a post to make it to the board.  this seems to work against the idea of owners being able to openly discuss and share. 

cgfromnc
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: August 27 2006 at 10:30 | IP Logged Quote cgfromnc

I agree.
Back to Top Printable version View cgfromnc's Profile Search for other posts by cgfromnc

AfterMath
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: August 29 2006 at 15:39 | IP Logged Quote AfterMath

The kicker is that I've tried to say such under the section for comments and recommendations at the Chap website and they reject my posts.  It seems that the moderation is so heavy they don't let certain negative comments through even when they are suggestions for improvement.

pgilbert
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: August 29 2006 at 19:26 | IP Logged Quote pgilbert

Maye some talented Chap owner should start our own owner's forum.  It would be easy enough to communicate thru sites such as this.  Any takers??
Back to Top Printable version View pgilbert's Profile Search for other posts by pgilbert

boaterbob
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: September 01 2006 at 23:33 | IP Logged Quote boaterbob

Someone already started one on MSN groups that seems to have gotten some traction. However, seems like this forum would be a good alternative to Chapparl sponsoring an open forum.
Back to Top Printable version View boaterbob's Profile Search for other posts by boaterbob

boaterbob
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: September 01 2006 at 23:34 | IP Logged Quote boaterbob

http://groups.msn.com/ChaparralBoats-OwnerForum
Back to Top Printable version View boaterbob's Profile Search for other posts by boaterbob

mgsmith
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: September 02 2006 at 15:16 | IP Logged Quote mgsmith

Agreed. Chaparral's forum is slow and doesn't  provide enough spec data on older models

JohnH
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: November 16 2006 at 14:51 | IP Logged Quote JohnH

Many, many suggestions for changes and improvements have been made on the Chaparral Owners Forum, but they seem to fall on deaf ears. It could really be a great site if it wasn't so tightly moderated. Well, now we have this site and another on an equally respected forum.

John H
2005 Chaparral Signature 290
Back to Top Printable version View JohnH's Profile Search for other posts by JohnH

Guy.
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: November 28 2006 at 23:59 | IP Logged Quote Guy.

I am glad to see I am not the only one that has been blocked from posting at Chaparralís forum.  I have had nothing but problems with Chaparral since buying my new 280.  Getting parts from them is like pulling teeth and they do not like any criticism about them on that sight. 

I have had my boat since April and still do not have all the items from my original hit list fixed.  Local dealer is good but canít do much without parts. 

Good to see an open platform here.

Edited by Guy. on November 29 2006 at 00:01
Back to Top Printable version View Guy.'s Profile Search for other posts by Guy.

AfterMath
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: November 29 2006 at 14:53 | IP Logged Quote AfterMath

Guy,
Chaparral has the most frustarting forum I have ever used.  The moderation is now so severe that any hint of negativity is blocked and the forum is not timely, days often go by before a message will post. 

I had a few initial problems with my boat.  Nothing major, just the what unfortunately seems common new boat stuff.  All should have been easily fixed by the dealer.  Initially the dealership fingerpointed Chaparral as slowing down the fix because of a holdup on parts.  When pressed, it appeared that not all the parts were actually ordered.  The dealership dragged its feet into the second season.  At this point my relationship soured with the dealership.   I tried Chaparral directly only to get referred back to the dealership - ugh. 

Putting the two together (Chaparral's handling of the dealership and of the Owner's Forum) leaves me feeling flat toward Chaparral.   The boat has served me well over the past few years with no problems.  She looks, and is often mistaken for new.  I wish I had the same pride in the company as I do in the boat.

Edited by AfterMath on November 29 2006 at 14:59

tvwebguy
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: December 08 2006 at 22:44 | IP Logged Quote tvwebguy

I can't agree with you guys more.  I'm a member of a lot of different message boards.  The Chaparral board is the worst I have ever seen.  Good info, just slow and cumbersome.

That's why I'm here!!!!

samj
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: February 03 2007 at 11:55 | IP Logged Quote samj

Looks like we all agree on boats and forums, Chaparral boats are great, Chaparral forum is terrible.

Bought new 2003 223 sunesta, had several minor "new boat" punch list stuff but also one major fiberglass molding issue.  The engine hatch did not properly fit, had to be removed and reworked, about 3 weeks on the local fiberglass shop.  I guess I was lucky, the dealer never hesitated to make it all right.  Then the second year had all kinds of trouble with the engine cutting out.  Several trips back to the dealer before finally replacing the computer control system.  Again, the dealer never hesitated to make it right.  Last 2 years the boat has been very satisfying.  A great boat for the family.

Back to Top Printable version View samj's Profile Search for other posts by samj

Fuzzy
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: February 06 2007 at 22:15 | IP Logged Quote Fuzzy

I have a 2000 Signature 270, bought it new.  The boat has been great except for a problem with the powder coating peeling off the windshield frame, taylor marine, the manufacturer of the windshield is wonderful to work with.  They sent me a new windshield after I submitted pictures of the problem.  The only ongong problem that I have is there is some kind of drain on the batteries.  I keep the boat in dry storage so i very rarely hook up to shore power.  If  I don't use the boat in about 3 weeks both batteries will be dead.  Checked everything, even disconneted the stereo.  Someone told me that Chaparral had some problems with the batter charger draining the system.  Anyone have or had a problem simular to this

Back to Top Printable version View Fuzzy's Profile Search for other posts by Fuzzy

AfterMath
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: February 08 2007 at 12:43 | IP Logged Quote AfterMath

Fuzzy,

Some thoughts for you: 

Is the age of the battery(ies) over a couple years?  They don't last long.

Are you using the battery selector switch correctly? 

Do you have a CO2 detector in that boat?  I know that some have pointed to these as pulling a lot of juice.  I wouldn't have thought so but its a thought. You could pop the cover and un-plug.

Draw from the refrigerator?

Stereo memory/clock drawing current?

Is this dry storage outside where rain could cause bilge pump to run?

If you have already drained the batteries to dead, their capacity has probably been weakened.

You may want to start/move your question into its own thread.

GL

Edited by AfterMath on February 08 2007 at 12:44

tgotch
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 08 2007 at 16:17 | IP Logged Quote tgotch

Here is a new site for chaparral owners feel free to have a look:

Chaparral Boats

Back to Top Printable version View tgotch's Profile Search for other posts by tgotch

AlmostThere
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 11 2007 at 13:45 | IP Logged Quote AlmostThere

Here is a pretty good Chap Forum http://www.boatered.com/forum/default.asp

mckaygmc
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 11 2007 at 22:01 | IP Logged Quote mckaygmc

i agree with all of you..i have quit posting on chap website. i get more aggravated each time i log on..

i have recently joined this web site with hopes of a better situation

rustybucket
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: May 30 2007 at 11:43 | IP Logged Quote rustybucket

Hey guys!!  Your wishes have been answered!!!

Chaparral
has launched a new OPEN Boating Forum!!

The new forum is Totally open and although moderated the posts are posted instantly and spam..etc is removed asap.

AND..... guess WHAT???  Chaparral has people participating in the forum!!!!

Check it out!!

oneboatnut
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: May 30 2007 at 11:56 | IP Logged Quote oneboatnut

ITS A MIRACLE!!!!!!!!!! 
Back to Top Printable version View oneboatnut's Profile Search for other posts by oneboatnut

]
] ]

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
  ]
Printable version Printable version