View Last Post Viking Yachts Links
Last Post By: Viking44
Forum: Viking Yacht

Posted: April 17 2014 at: 06:32

View Last Post Amerosport 320
Last Post By: Jerry737
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: April 13 2014 at: 16:00

View Last Post Any Uniflite Owners near Berkeley CA???
Last Post By: concordian
Forum: Uniflite

Posted: March 08 2014 at: 02:27

View Last Post Inverter
Last Post By: eshover
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: February 03 2014 at: 11:32

]
] ]

Doral
 BoatUS Boat Groups/Manufacturer Forums>>Doral
Subject Topic: Doral gauges Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
Author
Message Prev Topic | Next Topic 
Boat 28
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: August 22 2006 at 02:50 | IP Logged Quote Boat 28

My gauges never work right .I have a 2000 SE 30' .Does anyone else have this trouble?
Back to Top Printable version View Boat 28's Profile Search for other posts by Boat 28

Herk
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: August 22 2006 at 08:29 | IP Logged Quote Herk

I have a 2000 270sc, bought just a month ago.  I love the boat so far...already put about 20 hrs on her fishing and what not. 

It has only happened once, but my RPM gauge lost its mind on my once showing I was running about 1000RPM higher than I knew I was running.  Gave it a thunk with my finger and she dropped down to the correct  RPM just fine and has been fine since.

My Oil Pressure gauge shows 40psi at idle and 80 psi when running.  I know this can't be right.   If it goes to 0 - then there's a problem :) I suppose.  The engine runs perfectly, have checked all fluid levels and everything looks great.  Have put 10 hrs on it like this and no probs with performance or engine noise.

Learned that the trim indicator does not show the outdrive trim position unless you have the key on....it only shows the last position when the key was turned off.

Hope this helps

Herk

Back to Top Printable version View Herk's Profile Search for other posts by Herk

NHDoral
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: August 22 2006 at 14:10 | IP Logged Quote NHDoral

Faria gauges, nuff said. Welcome to the world of faria. I replace gauges in these boats more then I change my underwear. Its not Doral either. 

Back to Top Printable version View NHDoral's Profile Search for other posts by NHDoral

Boat 28
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: August 23 2006 at 02:10 | IP Logged Quote Boat 28

NHDoral    What brand of gauges are you using?
Back to Top Printable version View Boat 28's Profile Search for other posts by Boat 28

NHDoral
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: August 24 2006 at 10:51 | IP Logged Quote NHDoral

We are using Faria, theres nothing else that you can use. You just have to live with the problems unfortunately. 

Back to Top Printable version View NHDoral's Profile Search for other posts by NHDoral

Ernesto
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: August 24 2006 at 12:46 | IP Logged Quote Ernesto

Quote: NHDoral
I replace gauges in these boats more then I change my underwear. 

Will - I take this to mean that you replace a gauge at least once a day... hopefully...

Back to Top Printable version View Ernesto's Profile Search for other posts by Ernesto

Boat 28
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: August 25 2006 at 02:44 | IP Logged Quote Boat 28

Has anyone talked with Doral about the gauges?

NHDoral
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: August 25 2006 at 10:35 | IP Logged Quote NHDoral

Yes and it is being changed as we speak. The new sportboats are miles ahead of everything else and the cruisers are even better then before. 2007 should be a good year for DORAL

clsplus
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: August 25 2006 at 21:01 | IP Logged Quote clsplus

I have a 2003 Doral 186.  when leaving th dock the speedo works fine, however as soon as I hit some wake or rough water it drops to zero and stays there until I throttle back to idle.  The boat was purchased new and the dealer explains the problem as the pick-up unit at the transom.  Apparently a known issue which cannot be fixed without replacement of the pickup unit and guage.  Has anyone else experienced this problem and found a resolution to it?  Thanks John

womsterr
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: August 30 2006 at 16:58 | IP Logged Quote womsterr

My Syncho guage never really works right....

NHDoral
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: August 30 2006 at 19:03 | IP Logged Quote NHDoral

Tom,

Check to see if the synchro is a diesel sync. Lots of 360's and boca's came out with diesel syncs by accident. The part number can be checked with faria.

womsterr
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: August 31 2006 at 14:23 | IP Logged Quote womsterr

Ok Will - is it time for me to put you on speed dial? ;) Thanks man.  Unfortunately there isn't anyone around my area that knows anything about my baby...

Just finshed a couple little upgrades this week. GPS and just got my lakes chip, fuel meters, new batteries with larger house battery, and upgraded all the 6 inch speakers to 6.5 poly Bazookas. The stockers were paper!!!!

Edited by womsterr on August 31 2006 at 14:25

NHDoral
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: August 31 2006 at 16:10 | IP Logged Quote NHDoral

Aikes.... paper cones? As for the speed dial, sure anytime, 603-707-7546.

Cheers,
Will

Doral Dude
"Seaman"

Posted: September 01 2006 at 20:22 | IP Logged Quote Doral Dude

Had to replace the tach/hour meter on my 2005 Monticello. Damn thing would cut out, then come back on - had a mind of it's own. Also speedo sometimes doesn't work but I use the GPS as it's probably more accurate.

Back to Top Printable version View Doral Dude's Profile Search for other posts by Doral Dude

Jist Relaxn
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: September 11 2006 at 22:50 | IP Logged Quote Jist Relaxn

Yep, my port tack takes a good wrap once in a while to get it up!!

I hate that till my buddy who flew a Beach Bonanza told me he had to hit is altimeter gauge so much he broke the lens!!!!!!!!! NICE     

baycruiser
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: August 22 2007 at 19:41 | IP Logged Quote baycruiser

Just bought a 2005 leftover Intrigue this year. When the sync gauge was in the center, the tachs were 600 RPM difference. Faria tachs can be calibrated. I hooked up a small automotive Sun tach in parallel with each tach and the port tach was 600 RPM slow. There is an adjustment screw on the back of the tach on the starbord side looking at the front face. A quick turn of the allen screw brought the tach back into cal. Now both tachs read the same when the sync is in the center. 

baycruiser
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: September 16 2007 at 21:02 | IP Logged Quote baycruiser

My Synchro gauge appeared to be off, but it was one of the tachs. I hooked a small Sun minitach up in parallel with each tach and found the port tach to be about 600 RPM slow. Faria tachs have an allen screw in the back under a peelable label on the starbord side (when viewed from the helm). A quick turn of adjustment screw brought the tach into agreement with the Sun minitach. Now the synchro reads dead center when both engines are at the same RPM....Ureka!

Seabok
2005 Intrigue

]
] ]

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
  ]
Printable version Printable version