View Last Post Viking Yachts Links
Last Post By: Viking44
Forum: Viking Yacht

Posted: April 17 2014 at: 06:32

View Last Post Amerosport 320
Last Post By: Jerry737
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: April 13 2014 at: 16:00

View Last Post Any Uniflite Owners near Berkeley CA???
Last Post By: concordian
Forum: Uniflite

Posted: March 08 2014 at: 02:27

View Last Post Inverter
Last Post By: eshover
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: February 03 2014 at: 11:32

]
] ]

Renken
 BoatUS Boat Groups/Manufacturer Forums>>Renken
Subject Topic: Any other Renken-ologists out there? Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
Author
Message Prev Topic | Next Topic 
Jeffn
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: August 18 2006 at 21:52 | IP Logged Quote Jeffn

OK, I'm the 1st to admit now owning a Renken. An oldie at that-79 21' cruddy cabin. Just sold the 30 Carver and 'right sized' for the boating we seem to do lately.

I will say the 2 Renkens I've been on, as flimsy as they are, have the BEST chop crushing hull design for the Great S. Bay-famous for afternood 18" chop. Larsons, SeaRAys, Centurys and even the Carver have ALL pounded into this chop while the little flyweght Renken take sit on a t full tilt withless than spine tingling results. So there.
Back to Top Printable version View Jeffn's Profile Search for other posts by Jeffn

Hudsoncruser
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: August 27 2006 at 12:48 | IP Logged Quote Hudsoncruser

Jeffn, Your not the only Renken owner in the world. I own a 1994 Renken 240 midcabin Classis cruiser. See my post in the forum.

Happy Boating!!!!!! 

Back to Top Printable version View Hudsoncruser's Profile Search for other posts by Hudsoncruser

Randy H
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: September 14 2006 at 22:43 | IP Logged Quote Randy H

Well, I guess there are at least 3 Renken owners.  I bought a 1991 2500 Classic in 1991.  I've not had any major problems with the boat but "attention to detail" was not stressed during construction.  Imagine my delight when I used the sink in the head only to find the drain was not installed nor drilled through the hull.  I was also happy to find the company installed the transom light but forgot to wire it.  Well, they did wire it but forgot to connect the wires to anything resembling an electrical terminal.  Did I mention the leaky windshield and side windows in the cabin?

But to be fair, the weather here in the Pacific Northwest can get a little nasty fast and I have to admit the Renken has got us back to port each time.  When the marine service drilled the hole in the side for the sink drain, he was impressed.  He saved the plug to show me and remarked that many boats don't have as much material in their bottoms as I do on my sides.  This from a man who didn't like any boat with a motor. 

MarcK
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: September 17 2006 at 15:07 | IP Logged Quote MarcK

Just acquired a 1997 Renken 24ft cuddy cabin walk around.  I am trying to locate some spec information on the boat.  Does anybody know who builds Renken boats (are they still being built), were they bought out, etc.  I am also looking at shipping it from the east coast to the west coast.  Any recommendations on haulers?
Back to Top Printable version View MarcK's Profile Search for other posts by MarcK

Randy H
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: September 18 2006 at 06:36 | IP Logged Quote Randy H

Marc K

I was told they went out of business in the late 90's.  If you check NADA.com for boats they show Renken 1996-1998.  They also show Renken Boat Mfg 1971-1994.  Good luck finding spec's.

finstalker
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: April 07 2007 at 17:30 | IP Logged Quote finstalker

hey there

i have a 1988 20' cuddy 2.5l merc. had it three years now. the boat is solid and the engine was replaced four years ago{jasper rebuilt} the outdrive is like new except this winter i went to change the bellows and found a worn leaking gimbal housing.

i just started pulling the engine out and am i am relacing the w/p, u-joints and anythingelse that dont look good. she rides smooth and i can fish, tube or just cruise the delaware riverother than that i love it

Back to Top Printable version View finstalker's Profile Search for other posts by finstalker

505mountainbula
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: February 14 2008 at 16:10 | IP Logged Quote 505mountainbula

I just purchassed a Renken 1994 200 Classic. Had it out in the water last weekend and it ran great, even in heavy chop.

I am trying to find the origianl decals for it, any sugesstions?

kriti78
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: September 02 2008 at 09:31 | IP Logged Quote kriti78

Well, it seems there are more than three Renken owners.  I have a '98 25.5 Mid Cabin that I acquired a couple of years ago.  Do weekend cruising and fishing in the Ocean City, Maryland area and store it at the Annapolis Naval Academy's Carr Creek Marina.

As I was cruising I discovered that the batteries were being drained of power!!  One of the batteries is new and both were charged last week.  I am looking for hints/advice as to what could be draining them.  No accessories, other than GPS were on.  Eight hours on the water, one would think they would charge to maximum.

Steve35
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: August 08 2010 at 12:51 | IP Logged Quote Steve35

I bought an 89 Renken 2200 Clasic new in 1990 and did all of my boating on the Ohio River. For a small boat and a tralerable beam it handled pretty good in the rough Ohio River on week-ends. I sold the boat about 6 years ago and while owning it I'll have to say it only gave me a problem when I first got it with the shifter . When I put it in reverse it it would go forward. Almost took out some gas pumps before I know what was happening. The dealer fixed it and was fine.It was a great boat and made very well. 

SteveF
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: December 12 2010 at 11:26 | IP Logged Quote SteveF

Hi, I guess I'm the new Renken guy, I just got a 1991 2500 classic. I'm looking for any info on this boat manuels ect. This boat is very very clean new uphlostry and full enclosure radar arch with lots of electronics.

HOWEVER,it appears to have a small leak in the fuel tank I am told . I haven't seen an actual leak, brought it with the understanding the tank would need replaceing. Anyone have info on this?

I'm really sure I'm going to really enjoy this boat it will be on the Boston Harbor, Quincy ,Hull area Harbor islands for pleasure and fishing.

Hope to hear fro you guys. Thanks SteveF

stormsailor
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: June 17 2011 at 22:35 | IP Logged Quote stormsailor

Hi, I guess I am the Newest Renken guy. bought an 85 250M with a 5.7 omc stringer. It needs a little TLC, but all in all it is a very stable boat, fast, and reliable on the Delaware.I haven't been able to find a manual for it, and I don't think i ever will. I am a Mechanic, so most of the stuff I need I can do. I found a good Parts place  for OMC, if you want the link email me. I am getting ready to replace the transom seal, GET THIS I found one at Amazon. I couldn't believe it myself
Lets keep this string alive and exchange parts and info.- Jeff

Lynn T
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: July 06 2011 at 10:15 | IP Logged Quote Lynn T

Wanted for my 1984 Renken 19 foot I/O Open Bow.
Left side window frame and glass.
My frame was damaged and glass shattered.
Any suggestions appreciated.
Thanks.

Edited by Lynn T on July 06 2011 at 10:23

eddieellio
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 23 2012 at 13:25 | IP Logged Quote eddieellio

Well guess I'm the newest now,
Have a 22ft renken cuddy cabin. Absolutely a great boat has a
crate motor 350 roller motor just put in, all new lower unit
innards, just a great boat on the lake and salts. been 20 miles
out with no problem and cuts through 5fters better then I
could hope for.
Just added two more seats, swimmers ladder, tower with p.a.
and lights.

nicolsaaa
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 29 2012 at 02:31 | IP Logged Quote nicolsaaa

I just purchassed a Renken 1994 200 Classic. Had it out in the water last weekend and it ran great, even in heavy chop.

I am trying to find the origianl decals for it, any sugesstions?

you should try new one

Back to Top Printable version View nicolsaaa's Profile Search for other posts by nicolsaaa

gemini0511
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: April 15 2012 at 00:24 | IP Logged Quote gemini0511

Looks like I'm the newest Renken owner. I recently acquired
a 1988 Renken Seamaster 2288. We need some help on the
following....gas cap has been missing for some time so there's
water in the tank - what's the best way to drain it and test it
for leaks? The steering is really tight (steering wheel barely
moves) - what are the best steps to get the dried grease out
and get the column working? What should we check first?
Any help would be amazing, and if anyone has an owner's
manual, a copy would be amazing!!!!!!

merch131
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: July 01 2012 at 08:52 | IP Logged Quote merch131

hey guy's n gals.

New to this site and am a renken owner.

2008 20' walk around out board.

Looking for boat manual.

no luck on the enternet.

any one have one or info where to get a copy?

jim

]
] ]

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
  ]
Printable version Printable version