View Last Post Viking Yachts Links
Last Post By: Viking44
Forum: Viking Yacht

Posted: April 17 2014 at: 06:32

View Last Post Amerosport 320
Last Post By: Jerry737
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: April 13 2014 at: 16:00

View Last Post Any Uniflite Owners near Berkeley CA???
Last Post By: concordian
Forum: Uniflite

Posted: March 08 2014 at: 02:27

View Last Post Inverter
Last Post By: eshover
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: February 03 2014 at: 11:32

]
] ]

Doral
 BoatUS Boat Groups/Manufacturer Forums>>Doral
Subject Topic: Why Doral? Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
Author
Message Prev Topic | Next Topic 
Ernesto
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: August 09 2006 at 08:58 | IP Logged Quote Ernesto

Given the many options out there in express cruisers, I thought I'd try to start a thread about why some of us chose a Doral, and what we like (and don't like about our boat). I own a 2004 Intrigue.

Here's what I like most:

1- I didn't want the boat that everyone has. Love getting all the attention.

2- Great ride in chop.

3- Great swim platform!

4- The large open one-level cockpit. My boat's cockpit feels like the boat is a 35' instead of a 31'. Love the sliding seat, and how the canvas fits in either position.

5- Safety: full deck nonskid... steps to and from swim platform... a sidedeck that's useable... large safe steps down to cabin... high bowrails and with a second security line...

6- The details: high quality finishes everywhere... The wood finishes throughout the cabin, the stainless steps from the swim platform... the lighted bow rails... etc

7- Fender holder and shower at stern.

8- All hookups for power/water etc. at stern compartment behind door - cleverly notched so cables can run in/out. All fill caps also at stern.

9- Good engine room access. Huge electrical access panel... and a second manual hatch that can either stay down for easy access from platform to cabin or be pulled up also to make the engine compartment wide open.

10- All the storage!

11 - For my wife, a neat freak, I'll say she appreciates how easy it is to clean everything (full fiberglass liner on cabin, lexan bolted 'cupholders' that don't 'collect' anything etc.

OK- some things that I think could be improved:

1- Swim platform ladder - does not feel solid, kind of hard to keep stable.

2- A nice high handrail at windshied access panel -  like some Cruisers have.

3- A cleat in the anchor rode compartment to tie the bitter end.

4- Sliding door, has been misaligned twice. Also during a heavy storm I've had water come through the two recessed areas in the deck under the windshield base (why are those there?), collect a bit over the cabin door and drip around the door into the cabin steps.

5- A hardtop as an option on every cruiser !

Edited by ruizsantana on August 28 2006 at 11:56
Back to Top Printable version View Ernesto's Profile Search for other posts by Ernesto

womsterr
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: September 01 2006 at 13:31 | IP Logged Quote womsterr

I boat on a lake so I didn't have to worry much about ride. I know that I looked at an army of SR 320s and 340s. When I saw the Doral 360 I was blown away by the fit and finish of the boat. The cherry interior was outrageous and very well done. The cockpit layout being all one level and the biggest teak inlaid swim platform i have ever seen in my life were all big factors for us because we have 4 kids including twin 1 year olds! Additionally - for the money there was nothing that compared to it as it was laid out with the premium package, FWC, gen, AC etc etc.

The parts I don't like. No separate shower - hate it. Poor placement of the control panel. Parts can be difficult as I don't have a local dealer.

elegante33
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: April 05 2007 at 19:23 | IP Logged Quote elegante33

Things we like about our 2005 Elegante:

Seperate aft cabin with a door. Great for a mid day nap or if someone decides to get up during the night. Leaves great entertaining space and seperates the sleeping space.

Large, open, one level cockpit. Great for entertaining and hanging out dockside or on the hook.

Lots of storage. Especially like the bin under the floor in the main cabin and the well under the seat on the port side.

Humungous engine compartment ( almost a waste of space ). Lots of room to check fluid levels, connections, etc.

Things that are not so great:

Seat cushions are bulky and somewhat difficult to remove for access to storage.

The shower would be better if it was seperate. Although, it is nice to have a seperate sink in the aft cabin so that someone else can shave, brush their teeth while someone else is in the head / shower.

Space between two tables in cockpit is narrow. Requires boat occupants to maintain runway model girth in order to pass through.

Cockpit fridge could be larger - it doesn't hold very much. 

Will update once we take delivery.

Back to Top Printable version View elegante33's Profile Search for other posts by elegante33

Doral Dude
"Seaman"

Posted: May 01 2007 at 21:18 | IP Logged Quote Doral Dude

My one complaint it that the nearest dealer is 115 miles away! SR, Montery, Chaparal, and Cruisers are only 15. Still I wouldn't trade. Would be nice if a hardtop were available on all models, also diesels.
Back to Top Printable version View Doral Dude's Profile Search for other posts by Doral Dude

TerryW
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: May 03 2007 at 08:04 | IP Logged Quote TerryW

Quote: Doral Dude
My one complaint it that the nearest dealer is 115 miles away! SR, Montery, Chaparal, and Cruisers are only 15. Still I wouldn't trade. Would be nice if a hardtop were available on all models, also diesels.

In the UK diesels are available on every model, and are the norm on all twin engine boats.

]
] ]

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
  ]
Printable version Printable version