View Last Post Viking Yachts Links
Last Post By: Viking44
Forum: Viking Yacht

Posted: April 17 2014 at: 06:32

View Last Post Amerosport 320
Last Post By: Jerry737
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: April 13 2014 at: 16:00

View Last Post Any Uniflite Owners near Berkeley CA???
Last Post By: concordian
Forum: Uniflite

Posted: March 08 2014 at: 02:27

View Last Post Inverter
Last Post By: eshover
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: February 03 2014 at: 11:32

]
] ]

Larson
 BoatUS Boat Groups/Manufacturer Forums>>Larson
Subject Topic: Larson Owners Post ReplyPost New Topic
2 Pages 1 2
] ] ]
]
Author
Message Prev Topic | Next Topic 
denebuff
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: July 22 2006 at 17:23 | IP Logged Quote denebuff

Hi

I have a 1984 Larson Delta Sport Cruiser 25' that I ordered new from the factory back at the NY boat show in Jan.1984 And she is beautful!! I have added a new extended swim platform this year, new graphics and redid all her canvas over yast year. Her home port is Lake Wallenpaupack Yacht Club in PA. www.lwyclub.com

I have taken great care of her and was wondering if there are any people out there in love with there Larson??

Edited by denebuff on July 22 2006 at 17:24

Back to Top Printable version View denebuff's Profile Search for other posts by denebuff

blouderback
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: August 04 2006 at 09:33 | IP Logged Quote blouderback

I love my Senza 206.

denebuff
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: August 04 2006 at 22:30 | IP Logged Quote denebuff

SENZA a very nice sport boat!!

Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee the look!!

Best of luck!!

Back to Top Printable version View denebuff's Profile Search for other posts by denebuff

Ron_M0rse
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: August 17 2006 at 17:40 | IP Logged Quote Ron_M0rse

My wife and I have a 1990 Delta Sport Cruiser 22' and love it. No one goes aboard with their shoes on. It still looks like new.

denebuff
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: August 17 2006 at 22:59 | IP Logged Quote denebuff

gotta Love the Delta Sport Cruiser!!

Here are a few pictures of my 1984 25' Larson, that I shot a few weeks ago on vacation on Beautiful Lake George NY.

Lets See More Pictures!!!!!!

Lady Love's new swim platform 24" from front to back, the original platform from the factory was only 16" what were they thinking!

Here is a picture of the OEM platform

Edited by denebuff on August 19 2006 at 12:23

Ron_M0rse
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: August 19 2006 at 10:11 | IP Logged Quote Ron_M0rse

Can't see the pics. It asks for pass word.

Ron_M0rse
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: August 19 2006 at 10:57 | IP Logged Quote Ron_M0rse

Heres a couple of pictures from a couple of weeks ago at Moosehead lake. Moosehead is a 117 sq. mile lake that can have some nasty weather as well as great conditions. Going back for a few days in a couple of weeks.

Tied up at the slip just before dark.

Wife and the boys still aboard after a 40 mile run ( GPS ).

The crappy stuff on the boat is reflections from the water.

denebuff
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: August 19 2006 at 11:35 | IP Logged Quote denebuff

Ron

Great Pictures!!

How did you go about posting them on this site??

Denny

denebuff
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: August 19 2006 at 12:05 | IP Logged Quote denebuff

I think I have the picture thing fixed!

Here is Lady Love lll, my 1984 25 ft. Larson Delta Sport Cruiser.

Denny

Ron_M0rse
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: August 19 2006 at 13:55 | IP Logged Quote Ron_M0rse

Denny,

Your boat looks great. You take excellent care of it. Its nice to see older boats like ours that are maintained and kept up. I would guess that yours, like mine, gets what ever it needs.

Edited by Ron_M0rse on August 20 2006 at 08:44

denebuff
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: August 19 2006 at 14:09 | IP Logged Quote denebuff

Ron

Your right she is my pride and joy!! everything and I mean everything on Lady Love lll works perfectly.

It is nice to see there other people out there that take care of there boats.

Being in the boat graphic business I get to see it all, 2006 boats that look terrible!!

I give her 2 coats of dupont teflon twice a year since 1984, and durning the season she is maintained with a quick wax.

Ron_M0rse
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: August 19 2006 at 14:22 | IP Logged Quote Ron_M0rse

Denny,

Iam not familiar with the Dupont teflon. Could you tell me more?

denebuff
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: August 19 2006 at 14:45 | IP Logged Quote denebuff

Ron You can get it from boat us, its a liquid and comes in a bottle It need to say TEFLON, But the trick is to apply it with a high speed polishing wheel I have a 2800 rpm, it's the heat that makes it stick.

Also be sure to chek out the Lake Wallenpaupack Yacht Club web site there is a live camera and all kinds of cool pictures, I'm the web master for the club.

www.lwyclub.com

I am also updating the site as we speak with pictures from last nights fish fry. Be sur to sign the guest book.

Thanks Denny :)

Edited by denebuff on August 19 2006 at 14:46

Pat
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: August 25 2006 at 08:44 | IP Logged Quote Pat

I have a 97 290 Cabrio which I bought used from a friend. We love it and have a terrific time with it on the Hudson. I am however, having trouble finding replacement parts for small items such as latches and lighting.

denebuff
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: August 25 2006 at 09:13 | IP Logged Quote denebuff

Pat

Have you tryed Ebay?

I just sold my OEM swim platform for 70 bucks also there are places on line not to mention Boat US I get alot of stuff from the web, local guys just don't have the room and most of then charge way to much.

Was thinking of doing a weekend on the Hudson around Newburg but one place wanted $150 for the night!!

Whats up with that?

Pat
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: August 25 2006 at 10:19 | IP Logged Quote Pat

Denny,

Do you belong to a yacht club? My club, New Hamburgh Yacht Club, will allow one night free stay to transients from other clubs. We are about 4-5 miles North of Newburgh.

denebuff
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: August 25 2006 at 10:38 | IP Logged Quote denebuff

Pat Yes, I belong to the Lake Wallenpaupack Yacht Club, I am also the web master. www.lwyclub.com

Does your club have a web site. and do thay have a ramp?

Denny

dbldam
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: August 29 2006 at 01:53 | IP Logged Quote dbldam

I am a new Larson owner and have a brother-in-law that bought one too. I have the 2001 23' LSI and has been a great buy and a joy for the month+ we have had her. Great pickup for both tubbing, wake boarding or just tooling about the lake. We are in Georgia but am home grown in Western NY near lake Ont. our biggest lake here is Lanier with lots of coves to pick for swimming. I'll have to submit some pictures when I can.

One question I would like to ask is on an alarm I seem to get and appears to be associated with oil pressure at an idle or wake but only brief maybe 6-8 secs. The only thing I see is oil pressure getting close to redline and have checked to oil level and looks like it is in the middle. Have any of you experienced this, cause if it may be something more serious I would rather head it off at the pass. I figure it could be idle speed is a little low or that maybe I need to put just a little bit more oil in it. What is your feelings on synthetic oils over conventional? I am not new to fixing car motors but new at boat motors.

PS - also new to the forum here and glad to meet some fellow Larson owners, we have certainly been happy with our purchase, plan on using it a lot, fishing when the kids say its too cold to swim and will use it all but 3 months out of the year.... doesn't get real cold here until about Dec. 

denebuff
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: August 31 2006 at 08:04 | IP Logged Quote denebuff

dbldam

First thing to check is the oil sending unit, you may have two, one for the oil gauge and one for the alarm. I had to replace mine a few years back.

As far as oil I only use Quick Silver.

Best of luck.

hawkshaw
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: September 14 2006 at 21:41 | IP Logged Quote hawkshaw

We really like our 1999 Larson 206.  It has a Volvo SX drive and a FI 4.3.  Top speed is 51 mph but we prefer about 25.  The boat has 500 hours on it but we store it in a heated basement so it has really held up well. 

Here is a photo (maybe)

Back to Top Printable version View hawkshaw's Profile Search for other posts by hawkshaw

denebuff
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: September 15 2006 at 07:19 | IP Logged Quote denebuff

Wow I wish I could keep my 25 footer in my garage if I had a garage.

Your Larson is in great shape not to mention a great picture, keeping in on the lake is a big help.

Best of luck

hawkshaw
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: September 22 2006 at 19:31 | IP Logged Quote hawkshaw

Thanks Denny. 

Hawk

Back to Top Printable version View hawkshaw's Profile Search for other posts by hawkshaw

hawkshaw
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: September 22 2006 at 19:35 | IP Logged Quote hawkshaw

I really like looking at these older boats.  I have enjoyed our larson.  After having a 1974 trihull that larson rides very nice.  We wash our boat after each use and you would be surprised what a difference that makes. 

I would like to see more larson boat photos on the site.

hawk

bushman
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: June 13 2007 at 11:02 | IP Logged Quote bushman

Love the pictures of your 1984 Larson 25 footer.  It makes my Larson 208 LXI look wimpy.  I just recently purchased a 2007 Larson 208 LXI 5.0 MPI with Bravo 3 drive.  I'm still in the "bonding" stage with my new boat as I only have about 1 hr. on it so far.  I think that I too will be a Larson Lover by the end of this summer.  Later I will take some pictures of my boat on our lake here in Northern Saskatchewan and send them to this web page.  In the meantime happy boating and keep polishing that beautiful 84 Larson of yours.
Back to Top Printable version View bushman's Profile Search for other posts by bushman

bushman
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: June 13 2007 at 11:29 | IP Logged Quote bushman

I hope synthetic is ok for my new Larson as I was planning on changing the oil to Mercruizer 25W/40 synthetic after my 20 hr. break-in period.  My manual listed it as a 1st choice, and 2nd choice it recommended Mercruisers 25W/40 (non synthetic.  My manual also says that I can just use reg. unleaded fuel so that is what I put in for my first tank.  I notice however that it has to crank for a few seconds before starting and being MPI  I was expecting it to start much quicker?  Should I be using a higher octane than 88 octane or is this normal???
Back to Top Printable version View bushman's Profile Search for other posts by bushman

Wkolbe
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: January 10 2008 at 19:07 | IP Logged Quote Wkolbe

Pattie and I have a 2004 Larson 270 LXi with a 375hp dual prop.  It is an open bowrider and we love it and have a blast on it on the Barnegat Bay.  We have had no issues with it other than minor things we call "boating stuff".

I can't wait to trade it up for the new IPS propulsion from Larson.  We keep it at Key Harbour Marina in Waretown NJ  http://www.yachtworld.com/leaving_yw.cgi?url=http://keyharbo rmarina.com

Edited by Sonja Lowe on October 09 2013 at 10:41

wickedmouse383
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: January 12 2008 at 20:47 | IP Logged Quote wickedmouse383

Mr Kolbe..Nice Boat!!!
Back to Top Printable version View wickedmouse383's Profile Search for other posts by wickedmouse383

wildoats
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: April 25 2009 at 14:53 | IP Logged Quote wildoats

What happened to discussions? Any Larson forums elsewhere. I just bought a '98 Cabrio  254 and starving for info. Anyone out there? Looks like there hasn't been a post since Jan '08.

jojohan
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: April 25 2009 at 15:44 | IP Logged Quote jojohan

This is a very slow forum.  Someone in one of the posts suggested going to the Larson forums in iboats.com.  I tried it and definitely more active.  Thanks, and hope this helps. 
Back to Top Printable version View jojohan's Profile Search for other posts by jojohan

GDex
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: August 30 2009 at 21:47 | IP Logged Quote GDex

I'm the new owner of a Larson 1979 Commander Express Cruiser.  This boat is a major fixer upper.  I'll be spending the winter and spring getting the boat ready to use.  This boat hasn't been in the water in several years.

Edited by GDex on September 20 2009 at 22:08
Back to Top Printable version View GDex's Profile Search for other posts by GDex

travler1947
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: June 10 2010 at 22:05 | IP Logged Quote travler1947

Quote: wildoats
What happened to discussions? Any Larson forums elsewhere. I just bought a '98 Cabrio  254 and starving for info. Anyone out there? Looks like there hasn't been a post since Jan '08.
Back to Top Printable version View travler1947's Profile Search for other posts by travler1947

travler1947
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: June 10 2010 at 22:12 | IP Logged Quote travler1947

I just bought a 1996 larson.love the boat ,motor runs great but i been having trouble , when i give it full gas the motor speeds up ,but the boat dosent, someone said it could be a spun prop, has anyone had the same problem the motor is a 4.3x
Back to Top Printable version View travler1947's Profile Search for other posts by travler1947

phess
"Seaman"

Posted: June 13 2010 at 10:33 | IP Logged Quote phess

What drive do you have?

If the engine speeds up but the boat dosen't, something in your drive line is slipping.  The most likely causes are the prop hub is slipping, the coupler between the engine and drive is bad, or the prop is way out of pitch.

Back to Top Printable version View phess's Profile Search for other posts by phess

lou56
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: July 20 2010 at 02:37 | IP Logged Quote lou56

Yes guys what's happened have all of the Larson owners passed on? what has happened to the forum is there any one just willing to just brag about or can your boat.

I love my Larson and enjoyed looking at photos of you guys in the States enjoing your boats, but those photos and comments are old and its time to post new stuff and get this forum working again. come guys and girls show me your stuff you should have lots of pictures from the holidays.

Cheers from down under Lou

denebuff
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: July 20 2010 at 07:33 | IP Logged Quote denebuff

Hey Lou
Funny I often wondered the same thing, But I'm still here and I to love my 25' 1984 Larson, here is a shot of here that I took for the local yacht club.

lou56
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: July 20 2010 at 22:37 | IP Logged Quote lou56

Well she is a great looking boat you must give plenty love to her.

I named my boat MY MISTERESS, told the wife that I was going to spend lots of time and money on her, she loves having a great scrub down and has no problem me spending money on her.

Cheers Lou

denebuff
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: July 21 2010 at 08:20 | IP Logged Quote denebuff

Lou you are correct, she gets what ever she needs!
I would love to see a picture of your " MY MISTERESS"

lou56
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: July 21 2010 at 20:49 | IP Logged Quote lou56

Sounds a bit funny when a other male asked to see photo's of your Mistress. lol

But I get the message it's our boat you want to see, well I try my hardest as I'm not all that Computor savy. The photo is of my Larson at my back yard jetty were she lives and I'm the luckiest guy when I wake up next to my darling wife I can open the blinds and perv on my Mistress, I bet there is not to many guys that can do that and get away with it, Must convince my wife for a threesome this weekend it looks like it's going to be 20c on Saturday and Sunday which for the middle of Winter is not bad but we have cold nights down to 7c or 8c but it warms quickly once then sun gets over the horizon.

Cheers FROM DOWN UNDER Lou

denebuff
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: July 21 2010 at 21:52 | IP Logged Quote denebuff

Lou Very Nice! Can't tell 32 or 37?
Thanks For the picture.

lou56
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: July 21 2010 at 22:20 | IP Logged Quote lou56

She is a 370 Cabrio turbo diesel vovlo's lovely girl

]
] ]
2 Pages 1 2

Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
  ]
Printable version Printable version