View Last Post Viking Yachts Links
Last Post By: Viking44
Forum: Viking Yacht

Posted: April 17 2014 at: 06:32

View Last Post Amerosport 320
Last Post By: Jerry737
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: April 13 2014 at: 16:00

View Last Post Any Uniflite Owners near Berkeley CA???
Last Post By: concordian
Forum: Uniflite

Posted: March 08 2014 at: 02:27

View Last Post Inverter
Last Post By: eshover
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: February 03 2014 at: 11:32

]
] ]

Seaswirl
 BoatUS Boat Groups/Manufacturer Forums>>Seaswirl
Subject Topic: hope new form attracts Striper owners Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
Author
Message Prev Topic | Next Topic 
awstep18
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: July 20 2006 at 21:22 | IP Logged Quote awstep18

Hi fellow Striper owners,

I have a 2003 2101 WA OB with a hardtop.  It's powered by a Evinrude Ficht 200 HP.  I trailer it and typically boat with my fiance'e off the coast of Rhode Island,  Lake George in NY, Lake Ontario around Pulaski NY and in local lakes around Western Mass.   Its a great versatile boat.  It's named Fully Involved.  Sounds like a sappy name but I am a career firefighter and "fully involved" is a good thing, unless, of course, you own the structure that is "fully involved" in fire.

I did have a recent problem that haunted me for a few weeks this spring.  Everyday, about 10 minutes into a slow ride through the no-wake zone of Pt. Judith Pond the motor would sputter, run funny a minute and die and would not start again.  I found I could restart it by advancing the throttle to a high rpm setting locked in neutral.  Once it started and reved high, it would run fine for the whole rest of the day.  I went to a Evinnrude dealer on the pond a couple of times and even though the motor sputtered and died in front of him, he did not know what it was.  The diagnostics computer showed no codes.  I eventually ran the fuel line into a can of fresh gas and it ran fine.  reconnecting it to the boats fuel line and the motor died again in 10 minutes.  Long story short, I traced the problem to the anti-syphon check valve in the fuel line.  I removed the check ball in the fitting and the boat runs great again.  The check ball is in the fitting that the 3/8 inch rubber fuel line clamps onto.  the fitting screws into the gas pickup tube on top of the fuel tank that can be accessed through the deck plate in the middle of the deck. 

Who knows maybe this story will help one of you some day. 

I hope to see more Striper owners here.

Andy

Back to Top Printable version View awstep18's Profile Search for other posts by awstep18

Delta Rose
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: August 03 2006 at 20:08 | IP Logged Quote Delta Rose

Hey Andy,

I'll jump in here as well.  My wife and I bought our 2005 1851 WA last February.  It's our first boat and we are both fairly new to boating.  I read everything I can, and try to learn form others whenver possible.  One website that I have found that has been very helpful is the Striper Owners Club at www.seastriper.com.  They have a lot of experienced folks and some of the folks from the Seaswirl factory chime in now and again.  I have learned a lot of really useful information from these folks.

Back to Top Printable version View Delta Rose's Profile Search for other posts by Delta Rose

awstep18
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: August 05 2006 at 12:43 | IP Logged Quote awstep18

Hi Andrew,

Yea, I found the "seastriper site" through the link from this site.  I have been reading a lot of the posted treads.  There certainly is a lot of good info there and a lot of helpfull suggestions if you write them with a problem you are having.  Get lots of opinions.

I bought my first Striper in 1998.  It was a dual console 2100 with a Johnson outboard.  I liked the boat a lot.  I mentioned a lot of improvements that could help the boat.  When Seaswirl redesigned the boat in 2001, I believe, they imroved a lot of things I noted about the older model.  I was pretty impressed with Seaswirl.  Seems like they have continued improving their boats over the past recent years.  Of coarse, the price has crept up some but the improvements have been good.

I hope you have a lot of fun with your boat.  Don't worry if everything does not go easy.  Thats just boating.  Just remember it is supposed to be fun so try to laugh at all the small problems. 

It is good to see someone else on this site.  I only get a chance to get online a couple days a week so if you write me, I am not ignoring you, its just a timing thing.

Where abouts do you boat? 

Andy

Back to Top Printable version View awstep18's Profile Search for other posts by awstep18

Delta Rose
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: August 09 2006 at 16:11 | IP Logged Quote Delta Rose

Andy,

Glad you've been on the SOC site- what is your username over there?  You should jump in and post- there's quite a few folks from your neck 'o the woods on that site.

As you might guess from my boat name, we mainly boat in the California Delta- chasing stripers and cruising the sloughs.  We also fish around the Suisun Marsh, and we only live about 10 miles from Lake Berryessa, so we get up there every once in a while. 

We've been pretty happy with the boat- the only issues have been related to, shall we say, pilot error.  It took us quite a while to select our boat, I spent over a year contemplating the purchase and weighing all of the options.  So far, we've been very pleased.

Edited by Delta Rose on August 09 2006 at 16:12

Back to Top Printable version View Delta Rose's Profile Search for other posts by Delta Rose

awstep18
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: August 11 2006 at 21:35 | IP Logged Quote awstep18

Hi Andrew,

My user name on the SOC site is "fully Involved".  I see there is someone else with that name but it is "Fully Involved".  I don't know if he is a firefighter also.  I will be online a little Sunday.  Maybe I will spend a little time on that site.

Andy

KENNYJOY
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: September 15 2006 at 23:01 | IP Logged Quote KENNYJOY

Hi Striper Owners

I just put a deposit on a used 2002 Striper 2301 WA. It has a 200 HP Evinrude on it. Can anyone who owns a compatable boat tell me what they think of it and if they have had any problems with it. I live and boat on the south shore of Long Island NY. A loy of my boating will be in the ocean.

Back to Top Printable version View KENNYJOY's Profile Search for other posts by KENNYJOY

]
] ]

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
  ]
Printable version Printable version