View Last Post Viking Yachts Links
Last Post By: Viking44
Forum: Viking Yacht

Posted: April 17 2014 at: 06:32

View Last Post Amerosport 320
Last Post By: Jerry737
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: April 13 2014 at: 16:00

View Last Post Any Uniflite Owners near Berkeley CA???
Last Post By: concordian
Forum: Uniflite

Posted: March 08 2014 at: 02:27

View Last Post Inverter
Last Post By: eshover
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: February 03 2014 at: 11:32

]
] ]

Bayliner
 BoatUS Boat Groups/Manufacturer Forums>>Bayliner
Subject Topic: BAYLINER Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
Author
Message Prev Topic | Next Topic 
BUD AND CHER
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: July 14 2006 at 16:46 | IP Logged Quote BUD AND CHER

JUST FOUND THIS SIGHT AFTER READING SEAWORTHY.OUR 2855 IS OUR FIRST BOAT. I HOPE TO LEARN A FEW THINGS FROM OTHER EXPERIENCED BOATERS. CHER

cuddycab
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: July 16 2006 at 11:07 | IP Logged Quote cuddycab

Welcome aboard Bud and Cher. We just moved up to a 1997 Ciera 2355 two years ago. We've only been in the Delaware river. Can't give you much help at this point, but wanted to say HELLO!  Betty & Lou

Back to Top Printable version View cuddycab's Profile Search for other posts by cuddycab

J4yDubs
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: July 17 2006 at 16:28 | IP Logged Quote J4yDubs

Quote: cuddycab

We've only been in the Delaware river. Can't give you much help at this point, but wanted to say HELLO!

cuddycab, do you trailer your boat?  I'm in the Delaware also.  Slipped at the Neshaminy State Marina.

John

Fred L.
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: July 18 2006 at 23:59 | IP Logged Quote Fred L.

I too just found the sight after looking through seaworthy.... I bought new a 2001 2455 ciera, also my first boat... 5 seasons later and I still appreciate the vessel.

Do all of my boating on lake erie... and she has handled great in both glassy conditions as well as 7 foot waves.  just wish the engine had a little more power to get on plain, but still no complaints.

Just thought I would welcome you to the bayliner family.  Where about's do you boat?

cuddycab
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: July 19 2006 at 22:55 | IP Logged Quote cuddycab

J4YDubs

We trailer the boat only twice a year, in the spring and in the fall. This is her third season berthed at D&S boat sales in Tullytown. Most boaters probably know the area as "the cove".

Back to Top Printable version View cuddycab's Profile Search for other posts by cuddycab

Ptstarfish
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: July 22 2006 at 18:41 | IP Logged Quote Ptstarfish

Hi everyone,

I am looking to make my first boat purchase!  I am looking at a 1997 23' 2355 Ciera Sunbridge.  I really REALLY like the boat.  I haven made an offer yet but I hope to soon.  Does anyone have any advice or opinions of th is boat?  Thanks in advance!

Back to Top Printable version View Ptstarfish's Profile Search for other posts by Ptstarfish

cuddycab
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: July 22 2006 at 23:15 | IP Logged Quote cuddycab

Hi Ptstarfish,

We purchased our 2355 early in 2004. It was a sizeable investment for us, and our first cruiser. We had looked around and found a couple of 2355's. Once my wife went aboard a cruiser, there was no more talk of a bow-rider or cuddy! Our only concern was inexperience in judging a good buy. We didn't want to purchase a boat that had problems that we would not recognize. We hired a Marine Surveyer to look her over. For under $400.00, he did what was called a pre-purchase/ insurance survey. He went thru the boat while it was up on blocks, and when the weather allowed, he and the seller and I took it out on the water, where he was all over the engine while the seller put it thru its paces. He gave us a formal report and peace of mind. This is someone WE hired, not known to the seller.  this is the best advise I can give you.    cuddycab

Ptstarfish
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: July 22 2006 at 23:37 | IP Logged Quote Ptstarfish

Thanks cuddycab,

I had to laugh as I read what you wrote because I am like your wife and I have fallen in love with the boat too..  ahahaha.  This will be our first boat too.  Everytime my husband mentions a pro of another boat I try and think of a con!  ahhaa.  I really want the 2355.  Did you do your suvey before you made your offer?

Thanks

Back to Top Printable version View Ptstarfish's Profile Search for other posts by Ptstarfish

cuddycab
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: July 23 2006 at 12:26 | IP Logged Quote cuddycab

Hi Ptstarfish,

No, we made our offer before hireing the surveyer, but was contingent based on the findings of the surveyer. The seller offered the name of his surveyer, but we declined, a little conflict of interest?

We would spend $25000.00 for everything; boat, paperwork, taxes and a new Load-rite galvanized trailer with a weight capacity based on what the we felt the boat would weigh fully loaded with fuel, water, clothing, beverages etc..

There were a few miner things we have had to repair/replace, but all things considered, we're very happy with the limited time we get to spend on her.

P.S. Her weight on a lumber-yard certified scale is 6850 lbs. (unhooked from tow vehicle), and 6600 lbs. with just trailer wheels on scale. This leaves 250 lbs tongue weight.

Ptstarfish
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: July 23 2006 at 15:56 | IP Logged Quote Ptstarfish

Cuddycab,

Thanks for all the info.  They are asking 18,900 for the boat we are looking at.  Thanks for letting me know your total cost.  We are trying to research what people have paid for this boat so we can figue out what we should offer.....

Ptstarfish
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: August 29 2006 at 22:45 | IP Logged Quote Ptstarfish

Hello,

Is your boat really hard to steer to the right? I drove the boat for the first time this weekend and it was really hard to turn to the right whereas it was easy to turn to the right...

tomorrowcame
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: September 11 2006 at 11:20 | IP Logged Quote tomorrowcame

To

FredL

If your boat takes awhile to plane, check the prop size and pitch. I have a 5.0L with a Alpha One and although great fuel mileage, a 14X19 took forever to plane. A 16X17 now works great all around.

Back to Top Printable version View tomorrowcame's Profile Search for other posts by tomorrowcame

Fred L.
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: September 11 2006 at 19:30 | IP Logged Quote Fred L.

I appreciate the info... I will have to give it a try.  Do you use your boat in the intercoastal or out in the ocean.  We are planning on moving to Jacksonville in the near future and I was wondering how the boats going to handle in the open waters?

tomorrowcame
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: September 11 2006 at 20:50 | IP Logged Quote tomorrowcame

To Fred L.

I use it in both; Intracoastal to Captiva and Cabbage Key, in the Gulf outside of Sanibel, towards Ft. Myers Beach to Lover's Key. Never really had more than 3-4' seas on a bad day and with the tabs down, it does pretty well when it's a little rough. Fuel mileage will suffer but it handles safer. Calm water, engine trimmed and bow up, it will cruise well 28-30mph. WOT about 35 @ 4100. That's the thing about props, my old one would be running almost 5000rpm @ 70% throttle & 28 mph. That's working the engine too much. The old one was a 16X14, the new one is a 16X17.

Back to Top Printable version View tomorrowcame's Profile Search for other posts by tomorrowcame

cuddycab
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: September 11 2006 at 22:41 | IP Logged Quote cuddycab

Hi Ptstarfish,

Are you talking about the 2355 ciera that you had your eye on? If so, and you purchased it, didn't you have a surveyor give it a sea trial befor you signed the dotted line?

Since were not sure what make and model boat you're refering to, I don't think I'll venture an answer to your question. How about more info.

Cuddycab

]
] ]

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
  ]
Printable version Printable version