View Last Post Viking Yachts Links
Last Post By: Viking44
Forum: Viking Yacht

Posted: April 17 2014 at: 06:32

View Last Post Amerosport 320
Last Post By: Jerry737
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: April 13 2014 at: 16:00

View Last Post Any Uniflite Owners near Berkeley CA???
Last Post By: concordian
Forum: Uniflite

Posted: March 08 2014 at: 02:27

View Last Post Inverter
Last Post By: eshover
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: February 03 2014 at: 11:32

]
] ]

Chris Craft
 BoatUS Boat Groups/Manufacturer Forums>>Chris Craft
Subject Topic: Catalina Owners Post ReplyPost New Topic
191 Pages « 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
] ] ]
]
Author
Message Prev Topic | Next Topic 
suwanneered
"Deckhand"

Posted: November 17 2008 at 17:30 | IP Logged Quote suwanneered

HI Dewey: Thanks for the coments: The old gal was at Deale,MD in a marina Called Rockhold Creek Marina> Really nice are not any thing there but still nice. I will take a lots of work to get it back running again and some loot also however I do All the work my self. If I don't know how I go hunting some one who does.Ha The forums are really full of information.Boaters are a real good bunch of folks as they are always willing to help!I will need lots of it>>>> See Ya, Bill
Back to Top Printable version View suwanneered's Profile Search for other posts by suwanneered

floater251
"Navigator"

Posted: November 17 2008 at 20:30 | IP Logged Quote floater251

SwanneeBill, i see alot of good deals on  yachtworls and boattrader in deale md. that is probibly where i find "floater II" when time comes. plus its only about 8 hrs from here, all flatlands and no mountains to contain with.

floater

poppop
"Seaman"

Posted: November 18 2008 at 06:20 | IP Logged Quote poppop

Deale md. is were I found my 251 at. At the time I kept my other boat up in phila. area. I went down to sail the 251 up to phila. and fell in love with the ches. bay so I started calling marinas to find a slip in the upper bay. 
Back to Top Printable version View poppop's Profile Search for other posts by poppop

Capt. Heavy
"First Mate"

Posted: November 18 2008 at 07:23 | IP Logged Quote Capt. Heavy

Hey, gang. Pop Pop, did you ever Keep your boat in the Cheasapeake?? Where??? Heavy

suwanneered
"Deckhand"

Posted: November 18 2008 at 07:47 | IP Logged Quote suwanneered

HI All:  Tons of boats in Maryland and Deleware,Phillie area.If you don't want a boat stay away from the area as you will come home with one if you are not real careful. Ha The Marina tried to give me another boat when I got the CC 38 footer. Ha I already had more boat than I really needed.I do like to work on them and plan what to do here and there. Keeps the Old Man going!

Repower and appliances will be the biggest cost.I did located a couple of 427's at the marina where I keep the 28 footer they are in a OLder CC "Woodie" I haven't located the owner yet but did find out they were parting it out. Got to check that out  to see if I can deal there as they are still in one piece and I am sure they will need rebuild. I hate to start with a pile of parts as I am not a mechanic.Ha
Cold down South here this morning>BRrrrr! See Ya, Bill
Back to Top Printable version View suwanneered's Profile Search for other posts by suwanneered

Capt. Heavy
"First Mate"

Posted: November 18 2008 at 07:53 | IP Logged Quote Capt. Heavy

Hey, Bill. It's a bit nippy down here in south Florida, in the mid forties. Yeah, I know you guys up north think thats not cold, but after getting aclimated to 95 degree weather from may to october, it feels darn cold. Heavy

poppop
"Seaman"

Posted: November 18 2008 at 09:22 | IP Logged Quote poppop

Heavy
Like I said above when I was bring the boat up from deale I liked the area. There is much more to do down in the ches. bay then up in phila. so I keep the boat at McDaniel's yacht basin on the northeast river. The only thing I miss now is going up to penns landing and  hearing the bands play and the fireworks.

Back to Top Printable version View poppop's Profile Search for other posts by poppop

Capt. Heavy
"First Mate"

Posted: November 18 2008 at 11:07 | IP Logged Quote Capt. Heavy

Heay, Pop Pop, that's where I bought my 251 Chris. Kept it at 2 rivers yacht basin and  Bohemia Yacht Harbor. Wonderful cruising grounds. Heavy

poppop
"Seaman"

Posted: November 18 2008 at 11:41 | IP Logged Quote poppop

Heavy

Did you buy yours at deale or McDaniel's?

It's also good spring and fall striper fishing area. 

Capt. Heavy
"First Mate"

Posted: November 18 2008 at 12:46 | IP Logged Quote Capt. Heavy

Mcdaniels, on the Northeast River. Kept Mystic Diver in Rock Hall Md. before I moved here. Loved striper fishing in the fall. If it wasn't so cold I'd still be there. H.

suwanneered
"Deckhand"

Posted: November 18 2008 at 13:44 | IP Logged Quote suwanneered

Hi Capt Heavy & PopPop:
Guess you guys have a common are of boating! Do you know where the Rockkhold Creek Marina is located? I saw another marina that they said had over 2000 boats in it and it was not far from Rockhold Marina. Lots of Sail Boats and some Big Power Boats.I did meet a high Ranking sailor while I was at Rockhold Creek. He was a 4 Star Admiral(Retired) Admiral Paul Reason. He was really nice and had a great boat at the Marina.LOts of BigMoney people around there. Ha I could live on the scraps I guess. O'well been shopping for upholstery material today and headed to the trim, shop for some upholstery work.Wish me Luck!! My friend owns the shop so he helps out when I get stuck. How nice!!See Ya, Bill

poppop
"Seaman"

Posted: November 18 2008 at 15:15 | IP Logged Quote poppop

Bill

There are alot of boats sitting with 4 sale signs on them in alot of marinas up my way. If you ever wanted to go bigger now is the time to buy.

suwanneered
"Deckhand"

Posted: November 18 2008 at 19:23 | IP Logged Quote suwanneered

HI PopPop: If I brought another Boat home I would be sleeping on it for sure. I still get some looks from the Admiral over the 38 I just got.Ha THe boat I bought was cheap for sure but I didn't get a lot either. All systems are old Frig,ac ,stove gone bath tore out,etc all bright work bad,etc.
Yes a lot of people are wanting to get rid of the ships and can't sell. I have 3 already so guess I better quit and try to get the 38 done before my time runs out.HaI plan on having it finished before my 75th Birthday and I am 73 now so guess I better burn the mid night Oil.. Old Saying!! See Ya, Bill

poppop
"Seaman"

Posted: November 18 2008 at 20:14 | IP Logged Quote poppop

Bill

I'm only 58 and I feel like the lamp I burn the mid night oil in is almost empty.

suwanneered
"Deckhand"

Posted: November 19 2008 at 19:11 | IP Logged Quote suwanneered

Hi Pop Pop: Yes! I can relate to that but that is the reason I keep working!I guess I am a work a holic.. Ha I have many health problems but I try to ignore them and stay at it. I am the happiest when I have a project like the 38 I am trying to work on now.My biggest problem is money,money..I guess if I had plenty I would have a bigger boat.HaJUst put a little more oil in and keep at it..See Ya Been working on the boat seats as it is cold outside..See Ya,Bill

floater251
"Navigator"

Posted: November 19 2008 at 19:23 | IP Logged Quote floater251

swanneeBill, yes, it is cold! we were at 21 deg this am!, I know yall up in the great lakes are VERY cold, but this is not normal for us this time of the year. last thanksgiving dinner we ate on the screen in porch. Bill, i found the issue of lakeland boating with a 42 foot comander that the coup;e did a 100% restore with 8.1 ltr repower, blue hull, second to none interior, even removed the cable railing and installed stainless. i cant find it on the internet but will keep trying. i think you would like what all they did. if i cant find it on the internet, i will just mail you the book! well, floater still in the lake, got an offer for 3g, might take it...we'll see.

floater

suwanneered
"Deckhand"

Posted: November 19 2008 at 20:08 | IP Logged Quote suwanneered

Hi Floater: Gee! I hate to see you sell however everything related to boats is really cheap now. I have been buying some stuff on E-bay and it is going low dollar . I soild a inverter that was NIB and lost 160.00 on it.Ha Stuff is just not selling right now. Maybe later!Guess you can take low and go so to speak.They will be getting a super deal for sure...Good Luck,  BIll

Nauti Cat
"Commander"

Posted: November 20 2008 at 19:22 | IP Logged Quote Nauti Cat

only 139 days till April 1st...

"MY WAY"
Back to Top Printable version View Nauti Cat's Profile Search for other posts by Nauti Cat

floater251
"Navigator"

Posted: November 20 2008 at 20:22 | IP Logged Quote floater251

Allright nauti, its time to get to work.....you "only" have 139 days till april 1st  

Floater!

Dewy
"Deckhand"

Posted: November 24 2008 at 18:25 | IP Logged Quote Dewy

Hey gang,

Been thinking of adding a 3500 watt inverter hard wireed into the elec, with a disconnect, for when I use shore power.It should power the heater,a.c. or stove  by elec at sea.Mainly interested in trying it for underwater lights and assessorys the smaller ones work great for me and some times I go 4 wheel to the point at NC. lights and extras were great for when we could stay all night.

Anyone else  use inverters? wattage? trouble?

Back to Top Printable version View Dewy's Profile Search for other posts by Dewy

Capt. Heavy
"First Mate"

Posted: November 25 2008 at 15:31 | IP Logged Quote Capt. Heavy

Hey, Gang. Dewey, I asked our electrician forman here at Hinckley about your inverter. He said 3500 watts was a lot to pull from a 12 volt system IF you were trying to use the max wattage. Said you would need about 200 amps of alternator output to keep from draining your batteries at max output. Since you have twins, then it would be 100 amps per engine. He said you could get away with less, but you would have to pay strict attention to battery management. Stay warm, Capt. Heavy

suwanneered
"Deckhand"

Posted: November 25 2008 at 20:32 | IP Logged Quote suwanneered

HI Guys: I sure hope each of you have a really Happy Thanksgiving and Don't eat to much Turkey!!Good Luck to All, Bill

Capt. Heavy
"First Mate"

Posted: November 26 2008 at 07:49 | IP Logged Quote Capt. Heavy

Hey, guys. Roger that, bill. Gotta save some room for beer and cocktails! Heavy

boatman66
"Commander"

Posted: November 26 2008 at 09:53 | IP Logged Quote boatman66

HAPPY THANKSGIVING GUYS I KNOW I AM ALWAYS THANKFUL FOR SALLY RETURNING TO THE DOCK!! AS WELL AS THIS GREAT COUNTRY OF OURS!!

floater251
"Navigator"

Posted: November 26 2008 at 10:15 | IP Logged Quote floater251

Amen!

floater

Capt. Heavy
"First Mate"

Posted: November 26 2008 at 15:22 | IP Logged Quote Capt. Heavy

O. K. gang, it's just about beer thirty. Even though the economy is in the head, we still have a lot mto be thankful about. We still live in the greatest country on earth. And I'm thankful my old Chris has brought me home safely for almost 20 years. Hopefully she'll keep on doing so, since I have a 4 day weekend, I plan to fish friday and sunday. Be safe out there and have a great holiday!!!!!!! Tight lines and cold beer, Capt Heavy

poppop
"Seaman"

Posted: November 26 2008 at 16:44 | IP Logged Quote poppop

Happy Thanksgiving to all you ccer's 

floater251
"Navigator"

Posted: November 30 2008 at 20:44 | IP Logged Quote floater251

Hello everyone, hope everyone had a great thanksgiving, i sure did! spent alot of time with family...priceless!

anyhow, looks like i might need to get my hands on a trailer, my buddies trailer is being hogged by his boss/friend and does not look like its going to be available till spring. looking to purchase a used up one, only have to haul her 50 miles on back roads, no highways. looking at and talking to the fellas at the 251 site, some of their cc's are on trailers but look like the same thing my uncles 21 ft searay is on. they hang off the backs 2 to 3 feet and looks like the engine is centered over the axles. so, does anyone have any suggestions?

swaneebill, any progress on the new project? i guess we are getting about the same weather, im about the same distance as you on the other side of the smokies. starting to get cold, but still workable.

nauticat, i know your cold. hows the windows coming along?

Ya'll have a good week! Floater

suwanneered
"Deckhand"

Posted: December 01 2008 at 08:50 | IP Logged Quote suwanneered

hey Floater and rest of group:
Had a great Thanksgiving!Cols and rainy here and I have a bad cold so not a lot going on on the boat. I did send 5 small pieces to the chrome shop,170.00 for them and I guess I will have around 100 pieces. Any body know where a old man can get employment?Ha Looks like I will need 2 jobs to get it done.I have been tearing out the old cable steering and am going to install hydraulic steering as the cables and pulleys etc on the old system was bad.
Floater: Did you sellout?
Heavy I hope that your warm down South as it is cold and rainy here.Better get busy at some thing,.See Ya, Bill

Capt. Heavy
"First Mate"

Posted: December 01 2008 at 10:08 | IP Logged Quote Capt. Heavy

Hey Gang, was nice thursday friday and saturday, but very windy and wet sunday. Went fishing friday with a hinckley employee that just trasfered to fl. from main. Saw his first dolphin, sea turtle, caught his first shark and more fish than he ever had in his life. Floater, When I had my 251 a friend and myself built a trailer for her. I bought a set of wheels, axels and springs from a mobil home, some scrap channel iron from a scrap yard. Took abour 3 weekends to build it. Friend was a welder by trade, did a nice job. Used center rollers and bunk boards for support. Rear of trailer was a dove-tail design to allow clearance for prop and shaft. Sold the trailer after I traded my 251 on my 33. Sold in 1 day. Heavy

Nauti Cat
"Commander"

Posted: December 01 2008 at 10:13 | IP Logged Quote Nauti Cat

Hey guys,

It's been pretty cold up here in NY, today is the first day in several weeks to be above 50 as a high temp.  Highs have been in the upper 30's and low 40's.  I still need to get all the summer stuff, batteries, etc. off the boat but the engine, fuel and plumbing are all winterized.

The marina left me some room on each side to get at the side windows from a ladder and I will get to work on this as soon as a reasonably warm weekend is available.  It would be great if I could get the windows sealed before the real cold sets in then install the new cabin headliner in the spring.  I am thinking of going with the Marideck flooring product.  It is a textured waterproof and very durable flexible vinyl. I hear the seems hide easily and will go around all the conturs of the cabin.  I am figuring about $700 in materials and a couple weekends of my labor...sure will beat $2k for a non waterproof material installed by someone else.

Tom

"MY WAY"
Back to Top Printable version View Nauti Cat's Profile Search for other posts by Nauti Cat

Nauti Cat
"Commander"

Posted: December 01 2008 at 10:17 | IP Logged Quote Nauti Cat

Neat idea Capt H about building a trailer...as Floater works with wood I am sure he could craft one heck of a fine piece of art to hold his boat !!!

congrats guys on the 100th page milestone!

"MY WAY"

Nauti Cat
"Commander"

Posted: December 03 2008 at 21:51 | IP Logged Quote Nauti Cat

Hey Floater...

I came across this listing on Craigslist for a trailer for 25' boat for $1500 in NJ.  May be worth a look if it will hold the Catalina???

<link removed>

Tom

Edited by Sonja Lowe on September 20 2013 at 16:11

"MY WAY"

Capt. Heavy
"First Mate"

Posted: December 08 2008 at 15:22 | IP Logged Quote Capt. Heavy

Hey gang. The fun never stops! Starboard engine starter is ready to give out. Starter wants to grind rather than engage. Was going to have it rebuilt but found I can get a nrw onr from Jerry's marine in ft. Lauderdale, about $200 my cost. Will have it tuesday. Removing old one tonight. ( old one Prestolite, new one Arco) At least I can acsess it from between the engines. Will let you know how it goes. Supposed to be direct replacement. See ya. Capt. H

poppop
"Seaman"

Posted: December 08 2008 at 22:21 | IP Logged Quote poppop

Heavy
I had the same problem a couple years back and fixed it with a new starter gear. It cost me $24.75 and my time to  repair it.

Capt. Heavy
"First Mate"

Posted: December 09 2008 at 07:46 | IP Logged Quote Capt. Heavy

Hey, Pop Pop. Removed the old starter last night without bustin' a knuckle. I think that's a first. starter gear is worn and has a chip out of a tooth. Starter was sounding tired too. Will install new one tonite. Capt. H.

poppop
"Seaman"

Posted: December 09 2008 at 09:58 | IP Logged Quote poppop

Heavy
My starter gear was so worn it was wearing down the fly wheel gear. I know you lived up in this area so I think you will get a kick out of where I found the new starter gear. In a little amish shop that rebuilts starter in intercourse outside of lancaster.

Capt. Heavy
"First Mate"

Posted: December 09 2008 at 10:16 | IP Logged Quote Capt. Heavy

Yeah, Pop Pop, I've been out that way, but you have to go through Blue Balls, Pa. to get there. (not making this up) H.

sdunlap20690
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: December 10 2008 at 11:31 | IP Logged Quote sdunlap20690

Hi,

My wife and I are the proud owners of Some Tuesday a 1986 Chris Craft 362 Catalina.  We curise around the lower Potomac and live in Tall Timbers.  We entered the Tall Timbers Marina lighted boat parade again this year and won third prize.  The photo shows the "brick" chimney that Santa is jumping down.  Sometime Saturday night the 6th or early Sunday the chimney and Santa were blown off the boat and landed on the lift next to us.  Fortunately I was able to save Santa.  The chimney is pretty shot.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

Steve and Pat
Some Tuesday
Tall Timbers MD

Tall Timbers MD
Back to Top Printable version View sdunlap20690's Profile Search for other posts by sdunlap20690

suwanneered
"Deckhand"

Posted: December 10 2008 at 13:14 | IP Logged Quote suwanneered

Hey: Nice photo and congratulations on winning with the Christmas scene!Keep up the good work!
Floater: Any bites on the ship?? Guess not as things are  dad here as far as boats are concerned.I hope all this slow down will pass by mid summer anyway.
Heavy: Don't catch to many fish!!Ha I guess Grouper season will be closed next time I am in the Sunshine State.  See Ya, Bil

]
] ]
191 Pages « 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »

Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
  ]
Printable version Printable version