View Last Post Viking Yachts Links
Last Post By: Viking44
Forum: Viking Yacht

Posted: April 17 2014 at: 06:32

View Last Post Amerosport 320
Last Post By: Jerry737
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: April 13 2014 at: 16:00

View Last Post Any Uniflite Owners near Berkeley CA???
Last Post By: concordian
Forum: Uniflite

Posted: March 08 2014 at: 02:27

View Last Post Inverter
Last Post By: eshover
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: February 03 2014 at: 11:32

]
] ]

Chris Craft
 BoatUS Boat Groups/Manufacturer Forums>>Chris Craft
Subject Topic: Catalina Owners Post ReplyPost New Topic
191 Pages « 185 186 187 188 189 190 191
] ] ]
]
Author
Message Prev Topic | Next Topic 
RickP
"Seaman"

Posted: March 26 2012 at 12:47 | IP Logged Quote RickP

I feel the pain...I have a lot of elbow grease/polishing to do
topside also. I guess it doesn't matter, I just have a lot to do
period, making progress though.

diveryates
"Lieutenant"

Posted: March 26 2012 at 19:55 | IP Logged Quote diveryates

Hi Dan,

I advocate leaving the bilge as is- no paint. I submit fibergless is a more robust material for abuse and cleanup than paint. All paint eventually gets stained, chips or wears thru from solvents, oils, gas, battery acid... God knows what. Then, you have to do it again: remove stuff....again, prep, prime and paint ....again. Bare fiberglass  never does that.  Also, I think your bilge looks fine! A bit of spit and polish and wa-la: clean bilge, clean boat. One thing I installed in our engineroom was 12vdc florecent lights- with an eye toward lighting for inspection. I installed a round florecent just by the shaft log:

Above- you can see all three lights- two on the engineroon bulkhead- one portside, the horizontal white cover is seen, starboard the verticle white. Note the round florecent by the shaft log portside inside the stringer. There have been many time these light have been very useful!  

Also note the original bilge/hull fiberglass's green color- same as yours.

I also suggest this would be a dandy time for checking the stringer cores (water intrusion etc)- Suggest starting with engine lag-bolt holes on the top of the stringers from the removed port engine. On Lorelei, these lag bolts are 7-8 inches long and penetrate deep onto the wood. Think of it as a silver lining by having the engine out. I think Mark and some of the guys have done this sort of thing. They may be able to advise.

Finely, my view is to hold off on actual engine installation until she's back in the water- shafts in, waiting for that port engine. This way, you can concentrate on other subsystems that are possibly simpiler and more fun to work on like the interior, the sole, decks, galley, electrical, plumbing and so on. All this may be easier to do with an engine out.  Also, when doing in the engines, you have a ready way to test everything in place, including cooling, startup and driveline alignment which should be done in the water anyway.    

boatman66
"Commander"

Posted: March 28 2012 at 08:10 | IP Logged Quote boatman66

GOT MY COPY OF BOAT US MAGAZINE AND MY OLD HOME PORT OF NARRAGANSETT BAY IS HIGHLIGHTED--GREAT ARTICLE FOR YOU GUYS TO READ IT IS ON HERE ALSO-- MY TOWN IS WICKFORD R.I. CHECK IT OUT AND SEE ALL OF THE WATER I GREW UP ON

Happy Hour III
"First Mate"

Posted: March 28 2012 at 13:09 | IP Logged Quote Happy Hour III

Hello All Had the HH III pulled out yesterday . Hope to have all done by Saturday morning . Getting bottom painted ,zincs, and buffed.  Need a transducer ??? cant find one ? Navman Depth 2100 any help Capt Heavy ??/

Back to Top Printable version View Happy Hour III's Profile Search for other posts by Happy Hour III

Fly Bridge
"Navigator"

Posted: March 28 2012 at 17:06 | IP Logged Quote Fly Bridge

Captains:

Bilge degreasing continues.  From the looks of things, I don't believe the Bilge has EVER BEEN CLEANED!!   Tried West Marine, Pure Oceans, Citrus Bilge Cleaner.  Not working fast enough for me. 

I brushed-on the degreaser onto the oil.   Tried Zep Industrial Purple, let set over-night, then used a borrowed a electric pressure sprayer.    Same thing, slow action, still not lifting ALL the oil spots embedded in the "Heavy Quilted" fiberglass.

My boss at part-time canvas shop job , said he has brother who MAY lend me a high-pressure sprayer.  He says ..ALOT of things, but ...still waiting on all the OTHER stuff, he said he would do.  Worse case scenario, I ...CAN...get the bilge degreased, but figuring I dump 2 gallons of degreaser into each of the "compartments of the bilge. The Engine/Fuel tanks/Batteries, bilge has 5 compartments running  Forward to Transom.  LENGTH is 18 feet by 10 feet WIDE.  It will be slow-going with dumping 2  gallons of degreaser into each compartment of the the bilge.  This means 10 gallons total.   Then I will let set for a couple of days, spray a little water in the bilge, then scrub with a hand brush, then let set another day or two, then "hit the bilge with the electric pressure sprayer. 

I was a Engineer with Conrail, before I accepted the congressional Severance Pay Package.  Wish I could get my hands on some degreaser, I used from the Rail Road locomotive maintenance shops!!  However, that stuff ate my shoes off!!  Probably would melt the fiberglass, no doubt!!

Been reading you fellows's Posts, even though I have not replied.  Just know guys, I do enjoy the interesting Posts you all make!!

Capt'n  BOATMAN:     You started on removing your fuel tanks yet?

Capt'n  DIVER:   Appreciate your thoughts on not painting the bilge.  Thinking of painting HULL sides and Overhead, White.  And perhaps the Bilge Deck a Haze Gray.   Then lay a "footed" wood-walkway on it.  Another THOUGHT was epoxy resin, to GLUE a really TOUGH woodgrain Product of some sort, onto the Bilge Deck.  BUT that is just a thought right now. 

All for now.   Dan   (Fly Bridge). 

Edited by Fly Bridge on March 28 2012 at 17:47

floater251
"Navigator"

Posted: March 28 2012 at 17:18 | IP Logged Quote floater251

FB, best cleaner I have found to date is RedMax. Can get it
At lowes and not expensive at all. We use it here at the
Dealership on diesel engines. Just don't let it get on skin and
soak in, burns like hell.
Unbelievable service from wholesale marine, ordered bottom
paint Monday, with free shipping. On my front porch today.
Floater.

Fly Bridge
"Navigator"

Posted: March 28 2012 at 17:28 | IP Logged Quote Fly Bridge

Capt'n Floater:

THANKS!!  I'll try that degreaser!!    I have used the "Old type" degreasers, that LEFT, my hands feeling like I had GLOVES ON!!

All these ECO degreasers are not like the "Old" stuff, that's for sure.

I  went online, to the Lowes website, for RedMax degreaser.  Results showed 18 oz. spray can.  Will look in store for a 1 gallon container. 

Noticed you are doing a "Bottom" re-paint.  I would LIKE to take all the way down to the Gelcoat.  Since I am unsure of the type of Barrier paint (Not Alabative) I have been holding-off  on re-painting.  I probably won't put Alabative on the bottom, until She goes into the water. 

Dan    (Fly Bridge)

Edited by Fly Bridge on March 28 2012 at 17:45

Captain Mark
"First Mate"

Posted: March 28 2012 at 18:39 | IP Logged Quote Captain Mark

Dan, just a thought...you may not need as much concentrate de-greaser as you think.  That stuff goes a long way.  I've had real good luck with Mean Green.  You get it at Wal Mart.  It's in an orange and green spray bottle and they have it in gallon refills as well.  It's $2/quart.  Works good.  I use it on my machinery and boat.  If you can get your hands on a diesel fired steam cleaner you would have some real good success.  Maybe try a rental shop or ask you canvas laying buddy.

Lake Superior
Wisconsin
http://www.superiordaycruises.com
Back to Top Printable version View Captain Mark's Profile Search for other posts by Captain Mark

Capt. Heavy
"First Mate"

Posted: March 28 2012 at 22:46 | IP Logged Quote Capt. Heavy

Hey, Gang. JimHH, sorry, never heard of NavMan Depthfinder. Hope the show went well!! H.

Happy Hour III
"First Mate"

Posted: March 29 2012 at 12:19 | IP Logged Quote Happy Hour III

show was ok Capt Steve Thanks for asking.

HHIII is getting her bottom sanded today I am having most of the old paint removed. I did this in 2006 what a job. I also need to look into my grounding , zinc were GONE most of them . I will post before and after pictures soon . I should be back in the water Saturday or Monday we will see ????

Back to Top Printable version View Happy Hour III's Profile Search for other posts by Happy Hour III

smile n wave
"Deckhand"

Posted: March 29 2012 at 12:30 | IP Logged Quote smile n wave

Boatman, it was good article.  Also a couple articles on CC propping and flushing the head wiht fresh water which was jsut discussed.

FB, I have had good luck with the castrol purple cleaner.  will spray on and let sit for few minutes then hose off.  I'll make repeated applicatiosn rather than let sit longer as not sure how the stuff affects fiberglass if left on too long.

Guys, new memebr on RickP CC forum with question on fixing the core in front of hatch.  Maybe one of you who has done this can help him out.

Brad

Capt. Heavy
"First Mate"

Posted: March 29 2012 at 23:18 | IP Logged Quote Capt. Heavy

Hey, Gang! JimHH, I hope you use an ablative paint, this will negate all the paint build up.

FB, I agree with Smile, the castrol purple cleaner does a great job. Wear gloves, it will really dry your skin out.  Benette auto supply sells  a purple cleaner, less $$$ but works just as well. Nite,All, H.

boatman66
"Commander"

Posted: March 30 2012 at 09:47 | IP Logged Quote boatman66

AND FOR CAPT FLYBRIDGE THIS GENTLE REMINDER--HAVE PROPPER VENTILATION WHEN USING CLEANERS IN THE BILGE AREA ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE IN THERE BREATHING THOSE FUMES EVEN IF YOU CAN'T SMELL THEM YOUR LUNGS CANUSE A FAN

RickP
"Seaman"

Posted: March 30 2012 at 12:45 | IP Logged Quote RickP

Well....been slow and steady on the Catalina. Have a crazy
question for you guys. The blue stripe on my boat, is now
primer. I pulled the name plate off, the rub rails, etc. She's
sanded and primed. does anyone know of a paint code for the
color blue my 1984 291 has for striping. I'd prefer to have the
original color, otherwhise I'll just try to get close. Thanks! Rick

diveryates
"Lieutenant"

Posted: March 30 2012 at 19:07 | IP Logged Quote diveryates

RickP,

Pretty sure what you're talking about is Petit #3237 "Electric Blue"

Best, Roy

RickP
"Seaman"

Posted: March 30 2012 at 21:58 | IP Logged Quote RickP

Thanks Roy! This is probably against my better judgement,
but I found a PPG color that is close, I'm going to do a base
and clear coat on the ole girl! At least now...I'm done taking
things apart and I'm going the "putting it back together"
direction now. I never thought I'd say this, but I really need
another 2 months of winter!

Happy Hour III
"First Mate"

Posted: March 30 2012 at 22:56 | IP Logged Quote Happy Hour III

Hello all , We got my HHIII back she was put back in the water today. I gave her a big wax and bottom job. I could not believe how amazing and fast she is now. After having my bottom stripped and a fresh coat and new 350's omg ! She got up to 4400 rpm she never did that before. I never ever run at that RPM but for a few secounds I did . I was amazed.  Here are some pictures

Happy Hour III
"First Mate"

Posted: March 30 2012 at 22:59 | IP Logged Quote Happy Hour III

Happy Hour III
"First Mate"

Posted: March 30 2012 at 23:05 | IP Logged Quote Happy Hour III

Hey Rick Hope all is going well with your boat. Would love to see some pictures. I was just looking at the ones after you waxed her up. I love the 291 . I wish I had that bridge

JimInFla
"Deckhand"

Posted: March 30 2012 at 23:26 | IP Logged Quote JimInFla

Jim HHIII

She looks great!

Jim

www.thehard6.com
Back to Top Printable version View JimInFla's Profile Search for other posts by JimInFla

floater251
"Navigator"

Posted: March 31 2012 at 06:28 | IP Logged Quote floater251

Great job HH! My bottom should be done today. A guy that
works at the boat store where I store the #2 is sanding and
painting for $100.00 labor! That's what the store pays his so
he said he would do the same for me. I just needed to
supply materials. I have seen his work, does a pretty good
job. I might get him to buff the hull and top sides too, just
need to save up more cash.
Floater

Happy Hour III
"First Mate"

Posted: March 31 2012 at 08:18 | IP Logged Quote Happy Hour III

Thank you guys. Have a great weekend

Captain Mark
"First Mate"

Posted: March 31 2012 at 09:26 | IP Logged Quote Captain Mark

Jim, HH standing tall. Looks great.  Steve send me your email, I have something I think you could appreciate!

mhazelquist@frontiernet.net

Lake Superior
Wisconsin
http://www.superiordaycruises.com
Back to Top Printable version View Captain Mark's Profile Search for other posts by Captain Mark

Capt. Heavy
"First Mate"

Posted: March 31 2012 at 22:43 | IP Logged Quote Capt. Heavy

Hey, Gang, Flybridge, Boatman is correct, use some good ventelation when in confined spaces.

Jim, Ol' HH3 looks like new.  May be out to the island sunday, may go fishing, depends on the wind.

Capt. Mark, E-mail adress on the way. Nite all, H.

Edited by Capt. Heavy on March 31 2012 at 22:45

Fly Bridge
"Navigator"

Posted: April 01 2012 at 19:10 | IP Logged Quote Fly Bridge

CAPTAINS:

Thanks guys for the degreaser info.  The RedMax degreaser was not being stocked by Lowes in my area.  Sales person, said not being ordered anymore.   I have  EMBEDDED grime/oil in the weave-holes in the green-painted fiberglass.  This ECO-Degreaser stuff doesn't seem to have any noxious fumes, just a little bit of burning, if on skin.

I truly believe, this bilge, has NEVER been cleaned!!  Even the Hull-sides have black scum on the green-painted fiberglass.  Pressure washer will NOT remove it, UNLESS I use ECO degreaser, then not all the black scum comes off.     I have to brush-on degreaser, then set, then spray, then repeat, etc.

My next door neighbor lent me his electric-powered washer, but NOT doing the job, even when I let the dgreaser set awhile, to dissolve the grimey-oil.   If the ECO-DEGREASER would be stronger to dissolve the grime/oil, then the borrowed washer would remove the grime-oil.  But it don't.  I really need a HIGH-PRESSURE washer.  Rental place has a power-washer with 150 degrees heater to heat the water.  The washer has 2,000 lbs pressure.  THAT would work!!  However, they want $101.00 per 24 hour Day rate.  Boss on my part-time job says, "My Brother has one, I'll have him let you use it",  but boss never produces what he says. 

I will continue using the ECO stuff, and the puny washer, then when I have some money, rent the heated power washer, to get what the electric-washer cannot lift-off. 

So far, all I have gotten clean is the Center Bilge.  I pulled the Drain Plug.  In order to keep water draining away from boat, water drains, into a Down-Spout gutter.  The kind that is used for a house roof to drain rain-water.   Don't want all that water UNDER the boat. 

Here are some photos of the "Clean", Center Bilge.   And 3 photos of my "Inspiration Hero", "Capt'n" Shelby, ("Git atta da way")  from History Channel, TV show, "Swamp Loggers".   I JUST HAD to post that!!  LOL!!

Edited by Fly Bridge on April 01 2012 at 19:40

Happy Hour III
"First Mate"

Posted: April 01 2012 at 21:26 | IP Logged Quote Happy Hour III

Hey Capt Dan she looks great ! Nice job really looks good.

Hey capt Steve took the boat out today went by the island. Every person who does not know how to run a boat was out today . So with my wife being preganant it did not work out so well. Hope your wife is doing well. Boat ran great . love the clean bottom.

Have a great week Caps !!!

JimInFla
"Deckhand"

Posted: April 01 2012 at 22:30 | IP Logged Quote JimInFla

Hi All!

Long time! The Hard Six is alive and well and taking good
care of her Captain!

Just added a TV on an arm and a soundbar to the cabin.
You can see photos on her blog at:

http://www.thehard6.com/2012/03/tv-project.html

Also, took her up to Fernandina Beach for an overnight last
weekend with a couple other boats. It was a long run
(about 80 miles round trip), but a great time! photos at:

http://www.thehard6.com/2012/04/fernandina-beach-
overnight.html

Hope all is well with each of you and your Chrissys!

Jim

www.thehard6.com
Back to Top Printable version View JimInFla's Profile Search for other posts by JimInFla

Berg
"Deckhand"

Posted: April 02 2012 at 11:01 | IP Logged Quote Berg

Hey guys looks like everyone's projects are coming together just fine! On the degreaser subject I'd just like to say that I got some killer stuff that can be cut with water in a 5 gallon bucket. It will eat anything if used full strength. Have you guys tried Marykate ON and Off? It is sold anywhere from $30-$50 a gallon if you shop around. I usually get it from West Marine for around $45 a gallon and save on shipping a hazardous material. 

Eastern Suffolk County
Long Island, NY
Back to Top Printable version View Berg's Profile Search for other posts by Berg

Berg
"Deckhand"

Posted: April 02 2012 at 11:06 | IP Logged Quote Berg

I forgot to mention that I have been trying to save money to get my CC in the water again this summer. So far it is looking like June by the time I'm in but I'm OK with that. I miss it. I'd love to do a flat screen mounted on the panel inside the cabin by the instrument panel. I'd like to do all the cushion material over in nice finished wood too but that would be much later on in its life. I'm struggling just to keep it. I got rid of cable but still have Netflix and Hulu. Together they are about $16 a month for the services but you do need an internet connection. It is nice to have cool neighbors with wifi who don't mind you bumming a signal for your Nintendo Wii. That thing provides hours of entertainment and I always thought about if it would work on the boat or not. I would have to get an internet signal of course but I see some places offer it now. 

Eastern Suffolk County
Long Island, NY
Back to Top Printable version View Berg's Profile Search for other posts by Berg

Happy Hour III
"First Mate"

Posted: April 02 2012 at 11:42 | IP Logged Quote Happy Hour III

Jim Nice pictures great trip . As a person who has been in the A/V biz for 20 years I think you did a great job on the TV install. Glad you are using the great boat of yours.

JimInFla
"Deckhand"

Posted: April 02 2012 at 12:24 | IP Logged Quote JimInFla

Hi Guys,

Berg - That little WDLive box works with both Netflix and Hulu.
Check it out at http://wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?
id=330 They are great little appliance for $50!

Jim (HHIII), thanks! I can only take partial credit. My buddy is
the brains on that one!

Next up - head and galley countertops, tile, and sinks!

Jim

www.thehard6.com

Berg
"Deckhand"

Posted: April 02 2012 at 13:33 | IP Logged Quote Berg

Thanks Jim, great info! very cool device!

Eastern Suffolk County
Long Island, NY

diveryates
"Lieutenant"

Posted: April 02 2012 at 21:06 | IP Logged Quote diveryates

Hi Ben,

Have to tell you, there is nothing, I mean nothing like a 'real' pressure washer. They are a bit addicting and that is the reason why I avoid them- they work too well. The old saw applies: there is nothing like using the right tool. For what you're doing, a proper pressure washer will make short work of all dirt...everywhere. The thing is to get a bit of practice with one first. These things are so powerful, whey can cut hole right thru the hull!  There are different nozzles, pressure settings and so on...read the instructions! The varous items used also vary with manufacturer, so a bit of practice is a good thing. The addicting part is that once you start, you will be temped to do the hull, decking, inside that old refrigerator, the outside walls of your house...wash you car on and on!

I am about to have the boat waxed. This is one time where I will allow the service company to use a pressure washer as they are going to seal and wax everything after- especially the decking. These things can strip the wax, let alone the jelcoat off. And there lies the risk- going too deep.

This is one time where I agree with Tim, The-tool-man: if it don't work, get a bigger tool!

I not sure if you got what I ment in my last post- the green tint of the bilge surfaces is the fiberglass hull, not paint. 

HH III- love the great work you're doing!

Berg- good to hear there is light at the end of the tunnel. 

best, Roy  

Berg
"Deckhand"

Posted: April 02 2012 at 21:41 | IP Logged Quote Berg

Yeah there is a light and I see the light, I'm just not sure if i should go towards the light or stay away from it! There is a good chance it could be a freight train at the rate I'm going. I'm short about a thousand dollars to kick off the season so far. Today on my way home from work a head gasket went in one of my trucks... another setback. I'm hoping it is just a head gasket but with 204k on the engine i'm not suprised. Its actually about time something happened to it

Eastern Suffolk County
Long Island, NY

Capt. Heavy
"First Mate"

Posted: April 02 2012 at 23:00 | IP Logged Quote Capt. Heavy

Hey, Gang. First off, Berg is correct, on and off is a great product, I use it often to clean the brown stain on the bow of Mytstic Diver. It is Oxalic Acid, and caution must be used. I dillute it 2 to 1 or more, depending on what needs to be cleaned. Ventilation is a must.

Fly Bridge, that green you are blasting away is most likely some gelcoat. My inner hull is green and it is not paint.

JimHH things are warming up! Water temp @ 77 Sunday. H.

Berg
"Deckhand"

Posted: April 03 2012 at 08:33 | IP Logged Quote Berg

you do have to be very very careful when power washing the gelcoat. I actually used soft scrub with warm water to do the initial cleaning on my boat. I used it in the bilge area where i could reach and used a stiff bristle nylon brush. I thought that it did a pretty good job and didn't spray water everywhere and it came out nice. I used the same method on my swim platform before i used the power washer on a very light setting. I took it to the hard to reach areas also to get the green/black stuff out of the corners. Once you get rid of all that gunk it is easy to maintain. 

Eastern Suffolk County
Long Island, NY

JimInFla
"Deckhand"

Posted: April 03 2012 at 10:14 | IP Logged Quote JimInFla

Re: Powerwashers

The water pressure at my slip is really not very good. So I
bought the lowest power (and cost) electric power washer I
could find at Lowes ($99). You pretty much do the opposite
that you would do when buying a good power washer. It's
small and fits in my dockbox. It gives me that extra
"reach" that the hose doesn't. I agree with Berg though.
Keep it moving, don't get too close, and don't use the
"pinpoint" nozzle on anything you don't want to have to
repair. My railings around my cockpit are Starboard. I hate
them with a passion and want to replace them since they
have black stains down *into* the material. Even sanding wouldn't get them out. The power washer (with the pinpoint
nozzle) will take chunks right out of the Starboard at close
range, so be careful if you do decide to use one!

Jim

www.thehard6.com

JimInFla
"Deckhand"

Posted: April 03 2012 at 14:30 | IP Logged Quote JimInFla

Quote: diveryates

Hi Ben,

Have to tell you, there is nothing, I mean nothing like a
'real' pressure washer. They are a bit addicting and that is
the reason why I avoid them- they work too well. The old
saw applies: there is nothing like using the right tool. For
what you're doing, a proper pressure washer will make
short work of all dirt...everywhere. The thing is to get a bit
of practice with one first. These things are so powerful,
whey can cut hole right thru the hull!  There are different
nozzles, pressure settings and so on...read the
instructions! The varous items used also vary with
manufacturer, so a bit of practice is a good thing. The
addicting part is that once you start, you will be temped to
do the hull, decking, inside that old refrigerator, the outside
walls of your house...wash you car on and on!

I am about to have the boat waxed. This is one time
where I will allow the service company to use a pressure
washer as they are going to seal and wax everything after-
especially the decking. These things can strip the wax, let
alone the jelcoat off. And there lies the risk- going too
deep.

This is one time where I agree with Tim, The-tool-man:
if it don't work, get a bigger tool!

I not sure if you got what I ment in my last post- the
green tint of the bilge surfaces is the fiberglass hull,
not paint. 

HH III- love the great work you're doing!

Berg- good to hear there is light at the end of the
tunnel. 

best, Roy  

Roy you freaking crack me up!

Don't forget the dock NEXT to the boat, lines, fenders,
small children that walk by, a fish or two.....

Jim (InFla)

www.thehard6.com

Berg
"Deckhand"

Posted: April 03 2012 at 15:39 | IP Logged Quote Berg

I had a guy give me a constant bath one day while he was power washing his boat. The spray goes everywhere. It does have its perks. Another problem I have personally seen is people lighting houses, garages and boats on fire with their power washers! A few years ago 3 beach houses burned down at Davis Park when someone was power washing a house and the power washer was up against the deck and lit it on fire

Eastern Suffolk County
Long Island, NY

Fly Bridge
"Navigator"

Posted: April 03 2012 at 16:50 | IP Logged Quote Fly Bridge

Capt'n DIVER and Capt'n Heavy:

Yes, I know about power washers.  Been using them since I was in the Navy.  Used a steam-washer often when in the Navy.  No problem, am experienced.

The "green" that I thought was paint, probably is gel coat!!  Never thought about that.  The "green" doesn't come-off, just the grimey-oil stuff.  Slow-going with this low-power washer!!n  It is an electric-powered pressure washer.  Not much pressure.

Whenever I get-ahold of a power-washer, I TOO, go a little nuts with it!!  LOVE to find things to clean!! 

I can't resist this.  Do NOT, use a power-washer to clean:  Biminis or Dock lines, nor Sisal  Rope Fenders!!  LOL!!!!

All for now, Dan    (Fly Bridge)

]
] ]
191 Pages « 185 186 187 188 189 190 191

Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
  ]
Printable version Printable version