View Last Post Viking Yachts Links
Last Post By: Viking44
Forum: Viking Yacht

Posted: April 17 2014 at: 06:32

View Last Post Amerosport 320
Last Post By: Jerry737
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: April 13 2014 at: 16:00

View Last Post Any Uniflite Owners near Berkeley CA???
Last Post By: concordian
Forum: Uniflite

Posted: March 08 2014 at: 02:27

View Last Post Inverter
Last Post By: eshover
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: February 03 2014 at: 11:32

]
] ]

Chris Craft
 BoatUS Boat Groups/Manufacturer Forums>>Chris Craft
Subject Topic: Catalina Owners Post ReplyPost New Topic
191 Pages « 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »
] ] ]
]
Author
Message Prev Topic | Next Topic 
boatman66
"Commander"

Posted: December 06 2010 at 11:06 | IP Logged Quote boatman66

boatman66
"Commander"

Posted: December 06 2010 at 11:08 | IP Logged Quote boatman66

BOATMANS TREE ALL LIT UP COMMUNITY TREE MARCO ISLAND NEXT PICS INSIDE THE TREE AND ONE OF OUR SMALLEST FANS

boatman66
"Commander"

Posted: December 06 2010 at 11:19 | IP Logged Quote boatman66

THE HEART

boatman66
"Commander"

Posted: December 06 2010 at 11:23 | IP Logged Quote boatman66

INSIDE TREE 40 FT TALL

boatman66
"Commander"

Posted: December 06 2010 at 11:25 | IP Logged Quote boatman66

OUR FAVORITE FAN!!

ky gravy
"Deckhand"

Posted: December 06 2010 at 17:48 | IP Logged Quote ky gravy

It's a sad day.  Temps in the teens and snow all over the Sea-Dated.  I went and winterized the plumbing and drained the hot water heater on Saturday.  Today, I ran the motors for a 10 minutes then ran the pink anti-freeze through them.  We're still in the water and I am planning on a warm day sometime this month for a cruise to view the Christmas lights along the Ohio River.

I'll send some pictures when I do.

Back to Top Printable version View ky gravy's Profile Search for other posts by ky gravy

smile n wave
"Deckhand"

Posted: December 06 2010 at 18:29 | IP Logged Quote smile n wave

H3, great job on the boat lights. What powers all that underway?

CC, here is our transom shot.  If anyone has kids then you know the Madagascar movies and where the name came from.

Capt Mark, do you ice fish?  It's time. Still trying to find a buck with the muzzleloader.

Brad

Captain Mark
"First Mate"

Posted: December 06 2010 at 20:35 | IP Logged Quote Captain Mark

Thinking of getting the tip ups out this year.  It's been 6-7 years since I've been out.  One excuse after the other.   Just need to make time I guess.  The report is that there's 4" on the local lakes.  People have been fishing for a week.

Lake Superior
Wisconsin
http://www.superiordaycruises.com
Back to Top Printable version View Captain Mark's Profile Search for other posts by Captain Mark

Capt. Heavy
"First Mate"

Posted: December 06 2010 at 22:39 | IP Logged Quote Capt. Heavy

Hey, CC Gang. Jim HH how was the boat parade??

In the 30's next few days, in SE FLORIDA!!! Didn't move here to be cold! How bout it Boatman??? Chrismas tree looks great.

Dennis, I need to put name and port of call on boss's Donzi, going to try to use Boat U.S. graphics, your's looks great.

Stay warm, Capt. Heavy

Nauti Cat
"Commander"

Posted: December 07 2010 at 08:56 | IP Logged Quote Nauti Cat

Capt. H...gonna send you guys some fogging oil and pink non-toxic antifreeze to winterize those boats down there...sounds like you might need it!  brrrr.

"MY WAY"
Back to Top Printable version View Nauti Cat's Profile Search for other posts by Nauti Cat

Berg
"Deckhand"

Posted: December 07 2010 at 09:07 | IP Logged Quote Berg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1978-Chris-Craft-Catalina-28- Cabin-Cruiser-Boat-PA-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem53e509b125 QQitemZ360324903205QQptZPowerQ5fMotorboats

Not like I need anything else but I always check Ebay and Craigslist for classics for sale for a good deal. I Came across this 1978 Catalina 280 for the right price. It is in the middle of a repower with what seems like most of the hard stuff done providing what was done already is correct. I put it out there in case anyone like Floater 251 was looking to pick it up (hint, hint!) How have you guys been? It's been getting cold here in NY and I've been focusing on the fact that I moved into a house that was never insulated around the windows or garage wall. Been busy at work being short 2 people and all... They hired 2 per diem workers that don't seem to be doing much but i'm not complaining- I love overtime!  Over the winter I'm going to set aside some money for a new set of risers and exhaust deflectors, gaskets, and other related items I can find to replace my aging parts.

Eastern Suffolk County
Long Island, NY
Back to Top Printable version View Berg's Profile Search for other posts by Berg

Berg
"Deckhand"

Posted: December 07 2010 at 09:08 | IP Logged Quote Berg

Auction ends in 9 hours, It looks like this is going to be someone's boat for under a grand, maybe even around $500 if nobody else starts bidding on it!

Eastern Suffolk County
Long Island, NY
Back to Top Printable version View Berg's Profile Search for other posts by Berg

Nauti Cat
"Commander"

Posted: December 07 2010 at 09:16 | IP Logged Quote Nauti Cat

Just be careful...it's not finished for a reason...

Unless the buyer is totally motivated and has unlimited funds, would be more of a headache.  One thing I've learned with boats is to buy something that is at least functional and able to be used immediately.  I've been trying to restore cosmetic stuff and if I had to do functional items she'd probably still be on land after 3+ years.  The most expensive boat is one that cannot be used and enjoyed.

Yes Berg, got cold quickly up here this year.  My house too has minimal insulation in the walls, I bet if I threw water on some of them it would freeze instantly!  Got the wood stove crankin', trying to use as little oil as possible. 

"MY WAY"
Back to Top Printable version View Nauti Cat's Profile Search for other posts by Nauti Cat

Berg
"Deckhand"

Posted: December 07 2010 at 11:52 | IP Logged Quote Berg

Ohh man I'm jealous, I wish I had a wood burning stove set up. I'd be afraid to set it up on the floor of this house without doing some major work. The more I look at it, the more I can't wait to leave again. I found another possible move, really close by but up a little bit higher so I don't have to worry about flooding. I've had the water up to the driveway and had the trailer tires wet up to the bottom of the rims so far since I've been in this house. I'm worried about everything I own in the garage getting ruined. I have renters insurance but I'm not sure how far that would go towards the cleanup. I got my '83 251 with a lot out of place or just plain old missing. I looked at the boat at the end of April, took possession on may 10th, then had it transported to my shop shortly after. Got the trailer on June 11th and had it together by August 2nd of the same year. I was making about 20k a year more at the time though, this economy isn't being overly friendly to me either.
I like the idea of removing the headliner out of the shower and painting the fiberglass. I'm still looking into a point-of-use water heater to mount under the galley in the cabinet and replace the galley and head faucets, install a new water pump and hook up a shower head with sump pump for the head. I plan on using all pex tubing and hooking in a pressure regulator for dockside water. I'm going to  plumb in a valves to run off dockside water or tank water and to give me the ability to fill the tank from the same connection.

Eastern Suffolk County
Long Island, NY

ky gravy
"Deckhand"

Posted: December 07 2010 at 12:25 | IP Logged Quote ky gravy

Berg- Check out RV equipment for your water system. My RV has a hose hook-up system and a pump/tank system for boon docking or use while moving.  I have a brass pressure regulator that I attach to the hose bibb at the campsite. They come in various pressure levels. When I didn't use one, I would sometimes get some seepage or excessive drips because some of the campgrounds had very high pressure.  It remember it costing 15 or 17 dollars and solved the pressure problem.  The pump runs off the 12 volt side of the wiring and there is a fill valve between the two supplies so you can fill the tank from the hose connection without needng to actually go put the hose in the fill tube.  The only problem is my own Attention Deficit when filling up the tank- I usually walk away and get started on something else only to come back to a huge puddle all around the RV...  I guess it doesn't matter at the dock - unless it's your water meter.

Back to Top Printable version View ky gravy's Profile Search for other posts by ky gravy

CCRider
"Deckhand"

Posted: December 07 2010 at 14:08 | IP Logged Quote CCRider

Here's a zipper tip.  Had some work done recently on our canvas enclosure.  Had to have one zipper replaced.  The canvas guy said that the worst lubricant that can be used is WD40, which of course is what I had been using!  Says it acts like cutting oil and will destroy the zipper teeth.  He strongly recommends sewing machine oil, which I bought.  It's as thin as water!  Not too expensive but I had trouble finding it so bought it off the web.  3 in 1 oil seems thick in comparison!

Denis

Back to Top Printable version View CCRider's Profile Search for other posts by CCRider

Nauti Cat
"Commander"

Posted: December 07 2010 at 14:17 | IP Logged Quote Nauti Cat

I use Superlube on all my snaps and zippers...synthetic and non petroleum

"MY WAY"

ky gravy
"Deckhand"

Posted: December 07 2010 at 15:20 | IP Logged Quote ky gravy

In a pinch, I've rubbed a pencil on a zipper to make it move easily...

boatman66
"Commander"

Posted: December 07 2010 at 15:37 | IP Logged Quote boatman66

SOAP --YEP YOU HEARD RIGHT --GOOD OLD FASHIONED SOAP!!AND IT WASHES THE ZIPPER WHEN IT RAINS!!GOT SOAP ON THE BOAT "ALWAYS"       ON ANOTHER NOTE--COLD AS YOU KNOW WHAT HERE-42 THIS A.M. FROM 80 TO 40 IS A HUGE DROP IN ONE DAY FOR US "CRACKER BOYS"OR WHERE I WAS BORN-"SWAMP BOY"STAYIN WARM HEAVY? JUST A NOTE DON'T TRY AND PUT THE GRAPHICS ON UNLESS TEMP IS AT LEAST 70 OR YOU WILL HAVE TO USE A HEAT GUN (HAIR DRYER) ALSO WELCOME TO THE NEW GUYS AND YOU GUYS THAT DON'T GET ON HERE MUCH--NICE PICTURE NAUTI

Nauti Cat
"Commander"

Posted: December 07 2010 at 15:53 | IP Logged Quote Nauti Cat

I heard that in December of 2012 the planets will align and the Earth's axis wil change with this being the new North Pole:

HAHA Just kidding around 

Stay warm down there! 

Edited by Nauti Cat on December 07 2010 at 15:54

"MY WAY"

boatman66
"Commander"

Posted: December 08 2010 at 09:24 | IP Logged Quote boatman66

TEMP STILL IN THE LOW 40S-SUPPOSED TO WARM UP BY FRIDAY--HOPE SO GOT THE CHRISTMAS STREET PARADE SATURDAY NIGHT!DON'T NEED THE COLD FOR THAT! I HAVE A PIC SOMEWHERE OF ME AT THE "NEW NORTH POLE" MAYBE I CAN FIND IT---I FIGURE WHEN DEC 2012 ROLLS AROUND IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA TO BE ON THE BOAT ON THE WATER-THAT WAY IF IT ALL COMES TO AN END WE CAN BE KEVIN COSTNER AND PLAY WATER WORLD

diveryates
"Lieutenant"

Posted: December 08 2010 at 20:19 | IP Logged Quote diveryates

Hi Everyone,

I use cherry flavored lip balm on zippers. Unflavoreded's fine but the flavored ones leave a nice smell.

Nauti- I know that southern spot well! Been to the Dry Tortugas too. It's 'bout a 3 hour ride one way on a 15 knot ferry- was rough too. The skipper had a sense of humor- played films of a force 5 hurricane on the vioeo system...the whole way back. Fuuuuney!

A couple of ideas for the cabin ceiling: maybe use 2 two or three different color paint job for artistic affect or varous textile panels RTV'd or snapped to the ceiling.

Here's what I did in the cockpit- the two tone idea worked well- might be cool in the main cabin.

We're back from Disneyland after a 5,  count-um 5 day visit! Went on California Adventure's totally-happening roller coaster in the driving rain. Something not to be missed- like jumping in a pool and being hit in the face with small needles. The Disney Railroad broke down in the Grand Canyon tunnel- we waited 30 minutes- ugg! It's possible the trainee engineer was on a steep learning curve. Lot of rail-car banging and jarring on the starts and stops. Speed was suspicially fast too. The soundtrack was out of sync- talking about dinosours when we were pulling into Main Street Station- hmmm. The three synced computers crashed on Space Mountain. We had to unload manually. was kind of fun! We're Disneyed-out. We now know where they hide the mops, and that the park is starting to look a bit long-in-the-tooth if one looks carefully- which we did. It was national Pharmistists week at the Anaheim Convention Center, so our intimate no-crowd visit turned out to be a mob scene and their families. Had a blast anyway! People watching is world class there and the food's much better these days if you know where to go. We've never had better service anywhere than at the Bleu Byou at New Orlenes Square- Top drawer all the way! Sorry guys, my spelling sucks when it comes the south.

Great Christmas photos- really in the spirit! Looks like it's going to be a long winter's nap. 

all the best! Diver

Happy Hour III
"First Mate"

Posted: December 08 2010 at 20:36 | IP Logged Quote Happy Hour III

Hello all. I just want to give everyone the good news . Happy Hour III came in 1st place in the Stuart Boat parade in class 25 to 40 . The parade was great what a good time . Did you see it capt Heavy ?. What  a great way to welcome in the Christmas season. Boat ran great. She ran for like 4.5 hours no  problems at all. I cant believe the 2000 Honda ran everything till it ran out of gas. lol everything went dark but I had the 3500 for back up . we were dark for less than 30 secounds. I keep the 2000 on the boat . That ran the boat and all the lights way to go Honda. Hope everyone is doing well.

Back to Top Printable version View Happy Hour III's Profile Search for other posts by Happy Hour III

Nauti Cat
"Commander"

Posted: December 08 2010 at 21:01 | IP Logged Quote Nauti Cat

Hey Roy, guess Mickey and Minnie went on vacation...you know what they say, when the mice are away, uh, yeah something like that!

Great Job Jim, congrats on 1st place! 

Roy, I know exactly how I want the ceiling to look in the cabin, just need to do it.  I picture this stuff in my mind for a while, refine all the details then go for it.  I did that with my fireplace/wood stove insert, thought about it for a few months then just pieced it together with no written/drawn plan:

I do not know if you seen it in any of the yachting magazines, but I want the ceiling to be similar to the one in the super mega yacht Nero:

Something like this but with white beadboard paneling surrounded by nice wood work:

Edited by Nauti Cat on December 08 2010 at 21:04

"MY WAY"

floater251
"Navigator"

Posted: December 08 2010 at 21:58 | IP Logged Quote floater251

That's not the Nero, that's the floater#3! can't you tell by
the woodwork!!! Lol! Nauti, the stove surround looks great!
Diver, never been to D-land but been to D-world several
times. Proposed to the mrs there and 3 yrs later went for
honeymoon. And for our tenth anniversary.... Yep D-world!
Havnt been since but plan on it again in the future.
Y'all have a good nite. 14 deg here so it'l be another cold'n
Floater.

boatman66
"Commander"

Posted: December 09 2010 at 08:21 | IP Logged Quote boatman66

DIVER DID DISNEY LAND ON THE WAY TO OKINAWA YEARS AGO--MY AUNT LIVED IN PASADENA ALSO NEWPORT BEACH FOR A FEW DAYS REAL CHUCKLE-- THEN WHEN MOVED TO FLA THE FIRST MATES MOTHER WORKED IN A KIOSK AT DISNEY WORLD GOT IN FOR FREE A BUNCH OF TIMES-AHH THOSE WERE THE DAYS---I THOUGHT THAT LOOKED LIKE THE "FLOATER 3" ALSO!!WAY TO GO HHH3 ALWAYS GOOD TO BE REWARDED FOR A JOB WELL DONEAND NAUTI THAT IS SOME KICK A## WORK ON THE FIREPLACE!!!I WAS THINKING (OH N0)OF MAYBE A MIRRORED CEILING IN THE MAIN CABIN??OR MIRRORS WITH WOOD TRIM??WITH EMBEDED LEDS-- DISCO ANYBODY??

Nauti Cat
"Commander"

Posted: December 09 2010 at 09:04 | IP Logged Quote Nauti Cat

Thanks guys, took me about 3 weeks (just the evenings and weekends) to complete.  It used to be a red brick fireplace, I had to re-lay all of the brick then cemented the granite tiles to it, then did all the framing around the newly installed granite then cut and installed all the solid oak, some nice stain an viola!  Because the flue was nto in great condition, we decided to go with the stove insert and full SS sleeve to the top of the chimeny, pretty much paid for itself in the first couple of winters.  When we have visitors to the house they ask which company I had do the work.  Hoping to repeat my success with the cabin ceiling.

Wow Floater...14 degrees in NC ?!?!  So glad I am up here in the warm Northeast!  Was 24 overnight. 

Edited by Nauti Cat on December 09 2010 at 09:06

"MY WAY"

ky gravy
"Deckhand"

Posted: December 10 2010 at 10:39 | IP Logged Quote ky gravy

Gentlemen:

I have been thinking about a project for my boat. I would like to add a hand shower to the open deck area- possibly with enough force to use as a deck wash down too.  Has anyone done this?

Looking forward to your input.

smile n wave
"Deckhand"

Posted: December 10 2010 at 11:11 | IP Logged Quote smile n wave

3" snow last night and forecast 12-13" tommorw!  Wood burner burning.  Only about 120 days until spring.............

Nauti Cat
"Commander"

Posted: December 10 2010 at 11:29 | IP Logged Quote Nauti Cat

Quote: ky gravy

Gentlemen:

I have been thinking about a project for my boat. I would like to add a hand shower to the open deck area- possibly with enough force to use as a deck wash down too.  Has anyone done this?

Looking forward to your input.

KY, check on the Westmarine website under West Advisor. 

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/WestAdvi sorView?langId=-1&storeId=11151&catalogId=10001& page=Fresh-water-Systems

I have not done this but sounds like a good idea..freshwater, salt, one of each?

Edited by Sonja Lowe on March 05 2014 at 11:37

"MY WAY"

Capt. Heavy
"First Mate"

Posted: December 11 2010 at 09:34 | IP Logged Quote Capt. Heavy

Hey, Gang. Nauti, don't send us fogging oil, send a bottle of scotch instead!!

Jim HH, congrats on winning 1st place. Didn't make the parade. Maybe next year.

KY, I added a freswater washdown hose to mystic diver, we use it for showering after swimming, washing off fish blood off the deck and rinsing off fish gear. I have a flo-jet pump for the freshwater system. The 25 foot hose is long enough to reach the bow to rinse off mud on the anchor. Very handy to have.

See, Ya, Heavy

Captain Mark
"First Mate"

Posted: December 11 2010 at 10:37 | IP Logged Quote Captain Mark

KY, I installed a raw water(lake water) wash down pump on the Rob Roy.  The pump is a high pressure(70-80 psi)at around 5-6 gallons /minute.  I was thinking about routing a house from the cooling system on the port motor to give me some hot water.  Lake Superior is clean so that isn't an issue. 

My concern was that I would be drawing too much water from the cooling system.  I already have a remote heater routed of that motor.  I'm not sure what the sea pumps are rated for.  I read some time back that the Delvcon system has a tremdous water output, more than the system could ever handle. 

The water holding tanks on our boats are fairly small.  I am contemplating increasing the size of the tank and running an auxillary outlet for a warm shower on the transom.

If you go with a raw water washdown, make sure you use a high quality through hull bass fitting.  No plastic fittings under the ater line.  I'll see if I can find a photo or two on my installation.

Lake Superior
Wisconsin
Back to Top Printable version View Captain Mark's Profile Search for other posts by Captain Mark

Captain Mark
"First Mate"

Posted: December 11 2010 at 11:16 | IP Logged Quote Captain Mark

Lake Superior
Wisconsin

Captain Mark
"First Mate"

Posted: December 11 2010 at 11:17 | IP Logged Quote Captain Mark

Lake Superior
Wisconsin

ky gravy
"Deckhand"

Posted: December 12 2010 at 12:15 | IP Logged Quote ky gravy

I started out thinking about a hand held shower with a long enough hose so people (mainly my wife) could rinse off and shower on the swim platform.  i know she could use the shower in the cabin but I thought I'd rather watch her shower... Totally self serving on this.  I plan to just extend the pex plumbing to a hand held shower.  They sell them for boats and RV's for around $60...

But, I'd really like a higher pressure hose for washdown.  As mentioned in an earlier post, I had wondered about using the water intake line for the engines for supply if it didn't hurt the cooling capacity...  I probably would only use it with the engine turned off.  I like this idea because I hate adding holes in my hull.  Does anyone else have an opinion on this?

Fly Bridge
"Navigator"

Posted: December 12 2010 at 12:25 | IP Logged Quote Fly Bridge

Back home until Tuesday, got in last night.  Got PAID!!  Raining, now in Florida.  Resting, so not much I can do to boat, when leaving Tuesday, but will survey and discard unnecessary trash on boat in Salon area, for now.  I'll check bilge for rainwater.  Think I'll sit on deck, for a spell, and DREAM!!!!! 

been to Ft. Worth, thanksgiving in Harrisburg, Pa.,.  been to Houston, and 4 stops in Florida, from Jacksonville-Ocala-Orlando, and finished in Miami.  slept in Vero Beach truck stop, then dropped truck/trailer in Bartow, then grocery store and finally, HOME!!    More later.  Fly B.  (Dan) 

Nauti Cat
"Commander"

Posted: December 12 2010 at 12:54 | IP Logged Quote Nauti Cat

Quote: ky gravy

As mentioned in an earlier post, I had wondered about using the water intake line for the engines for supply if it didn't hurt the cooling capacity...  I probably would only use it with the engine turned off.  I like this idea because I hate adding holes in my hull.  Does anyone else have an opinion on this?

Ky, what about the raw water intake for the MSD/toilet?  My head has a raw water flush toilet but I use the handheld shower to rinse and flush, keeping that seacock closed.  You could tee off or reroute it the washdown.

"MY WAY"

Captain Mark
"First Mate"

Posted: December 12 2010 at 16:55 | IP Logged Quote Captain Mark

Dan,

That job you have is one of the most grueling, un appreciated, long hours, low paying, slave driving mind wrenching jobs that exist. 

Rest up brother............another day starts tomorrow.

KY, diverting the cooling water for a shower prior to the thermostat won't hurt the capicity for your shower.  The pump that you would use for such a shower wouldn't suffice as a wash done pump though.  You need to get high pressure with a high gpm.  

I would suggest using the warm water that has gone through the engine.  This way your wife would have a warm shower.  She would be prone to taking longer showers.  Thus it would truly be slef serving on your behalf.

I was hasitant to do that since I have already diverted water fromt he cooling system to a remote heater.  I don't know how much more water I could rob form the system before I would have issues of lack of coolant.

Lake Superior
Wisconsin

Capt. Heavy
"First Mate"

Posted: December 12 2010 at 18:30 | IP Logged Quote Capt. Heavy

Hey, Gang. Fly bridge Dan, If you were in Miami, and drove to Vero, you went right by my house, exit 101 I95. Less than 5 mins. from my shack.

Just a thought, but wouldn't taking a shower with raw water, rather than fresh, defeat the purpose???? I hold 45 gallons of fresh water, more than enough for a day trip, but a weekend away from the dock you might need more.

Stay warm, Capt. Heavy.

Fly Bridge
"Navigator"

Posted: December 12 2010 at 18:35 | IP Logged Quote Fly Bridge

To Cap'n Mark:  Yes it is tough, and unappreciated!!  But it's a job!! 

To the guys:  I posted a YOUTUBE video, of a "Tour" of my "Dirty Dog" CC.    Type in YouTube search box--My Chris Craft Boat Catalina 33 foot.  December 12, 2010.---  It should come-up on YouTube.  Quality is hit n miss!!  I used my notebook computer's webcam recorder, so it gets wobbly and sound skips from sync with video, for some reason.   Anyway, it will give a fair look at what's current with my boat.  Hope you all, can get through the video ok!!!  .  Fly B.  (Dan).

]
] ]
191 Pages « 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »

Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
  ]
Printable version Printable version