View Last Post Viking Yachts Links
Last Post By: Viking44
Forum: Viking Yacht

Posted: April 17 2014 at: 06:32

View Last Post Amerosport 320
Last Post By: Jerry737
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: April 13 2014 at: 16:00

View Last Post Any Uniflite Owners near Berkeley CA???
Last Post By: concordian
Forum: Uniflite

Posted: March 08 2014 at: 02:27

View Last Post Inverter
Last Post By: eshover
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: February 03 2014 at: 11:32

]
] ]

Chris Craft
 BoatUS Boat Groups/Manufacturer Forums>>Chris Craft
Subject Topic: Catalina Owners Post ReplyPost New Topic
191 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »
] ] ]
]
Author
Message Prev Topic | Next Topic 
floater251
"Navigator"

Posted: April 18 2008 at 18:01 | IP Logged Quote floater251

Ok...Its going into lake wateree (south carolina, part of the catawba river) tomorrow morning for her trial, then hopefully i can spend sunday (My Birthday!) on the floater cruising around at $3.49 a gallon. wish me luck fellas....

boatman66
"Commander"

Posted: April 19 2008 at 08:17 | IP Logged Quote boatman66

floater251:have a ball!!! after I purchased my 294,I spent a lot of time refurbishing her also,and when we did the first "RUN" SHE MADE IT A QUARTER MILE AND ONE ENGINE SHUT DOWN,so limped home, well it took roughly ten runs to get her going and now I wouldn't trade all of that work for anything!she will be a real pleasure for you,and as I see it,a real disconnect from land and everything that goes with it gotta go,wiring up the searchlight today.pix to follow.looks really nice 251.

floater251
"Navigator"

Posted: April 19 2008 at 16:49 | IP Logged Quote floater251

OK!!! first run went what i think was to perfect! as a safety blanket, i did bring a buddies trolling motor. we used it to get from the ramp to the slip. didnt want to tie up the ramp to long trying to get her started. but, all went very well. i'll post some pix of "THE FLOATER" in her new home.

floater251
"Navigator"

Posted: April 19 2008 at 18:00 | IP Logged Quote floater251

suwanneered
"Deckhand"

Posted: April 20 2008 at 08:58 | IP Logged Quote suwanneered

Hi Floater 251: The Crissy looks great!!Hope you enjoy it.I was wondering what is the width of the 251 as I have a 280 and it looks wider than the 251.I have been working on it for a long time  as it was a total restoration andeverything had to be replaced.She is still on blocs in the yard and I hope to get it ready for some sea trials soon as I have had a slip rented for 6 months and haven't   ever used it. Guess that sounds dumb however I had a chance to get the slip in a good section of the marina last winter and went ahead and rented it knowing I wasn't ready for it.But for a covered slip with water and cable furnished on the Tenn river where I can go all the way to the gulf if I wanted to and slip was only 190.00 per month.
Only advise I can give aqny one don't buy a toatl unless you have lots and lots of free time to work on it. I have done all of the work myself or it would have cost a ton to hire people to do the work.
Back to Top Printable version View suwanneered's Profile Search for other posts by suwanneered

boatman66
"Commander"

Posted: April 20 2008 at 09:49 | IP Logged Quote boatman66

AHMEN SUWANNEERED (I take it you are on the suwannee river)I'm in the same boat as you,couldn't afford all that work by somebody else,it does give me a real sense of accomplishment when it goes right tho.does the 280 have twin engines?? my 294 does.In 1986,CC MADE THE FOLLOWING MODELS-253,255,282,291,292,293,294,315,332,338,350,380,381,3 82,410,422,426450,460480,482,500 THAT'S A HECK OF A LOT OF MODELS!!! 

boatman66
"Commander"

Posted: April 20 2008 at 09:50 | IP Logged Quote boatman66

Looks real good floater!!!!Have fun

boatman66
"Commander"

Posted: April 20 2008 at 09:52 | IP Logged Quote boatman66

boatman66
"Commander"

Posted: April 20 2008 at 09:58 | IP Logged Quote boatman66

Sorry guys forgot to add this to the pix,anyway,there sits the new location for the spotlight,now we will light the night!!!!!Whole job took about ten hours to complete,running the wire was the hardest part and as you can see,I elected to keep the wire external rather than tear apart the whole pulpit to hide the wire as the bow nav light had been done.Check out the RED wire wrap,pretty loud huh?that is the original JABSCO light.Allright time to launch and take a ride fair winds and calmseas boatman

floater251
"Navigator"

Posted: April 20 2008 at 10:50 | IP Logged Quote floater251

Swanneered, the floater has a 9'9" beam. i was very lucky, another 3" i would have had to go to a larger well at almost twice the price. good luck with the 280. i got very lucky when i purchased the 251, the only thing "needed" was cosmetic.

boatman66, the spotlight is awsome! i would like to add some tastefull driving style lamps somewhere on the front for nitetime cruising....any suggestions?

floater 251

boatman66
"Commander"

Posted: April 20 2008 at 11:21 | IP Logged Quote boatman66

Floater251:yes,check on line try marine lights and see what pops up,I've been thinking of adding two lights one on each side of the bow that would be recessed (means cutting holes)the newer boats have them and they look sweet--sometimes they are referred to as docking lights.I also would love to put a couple of led lights underwater at the rear.the led lights are fastly becoming the way to go as they draw very little voltage and come in many colors and styles they even have ones for underwater that bolt on with little or no major cutting involved   also they now have leds for the interior as well.also even navigation lights are available.So,let your fingers do the clicking and see what you can come up with. regards boatman66.remember whatever you do on your boat,it is entirely up to your imagination with the fun of it being the best reward.check out roy and lauries cabin conversion in earlier posts he did a real bang up job.

redbarontu
"Seaman"

Posted: April 20 2008 at 23:35 | IP Logged Quote redbarontu

Hello cat owners:  I have been following the post daily and enjoying them as always. A hardy welcome to the new guys, Floter 251 looks like you are off to a nice start on "fixing up the boat" best of luck and keep us posted. Did see that you were bringing the floater back to washington nc? if so maybe I'll get to see it since I get up to Washington pretty often. Boatman your spotlight looks good setting up front, good work as always. A spotlight up front is in my plans but I'm not there yet. The work that I was doing at my last post [prop shafts,cutlass bearings, stuffing boxes, exit hoses ect] are finished just the final engine alignments are left. I did have a surprise when I got back in the water. I started to clean a water straner for the A/C unit; when I attemmpted to close the thru hull valve, [located under the stairs] the handle broke off in my hand. Things got pretty hectic for a while. I managed to get the water stoped and replace the valve without pulling the boat. It was the only thru hull that I had not changed; now they are all new. The shaft where the handle attaches broke off inside the valve body. No visual damage was evident to alert me to the problem. check em out guys. soo if i'm lucky a boat ride is im my near future,probably a short one at $3.85 per gallon gas.

Red Baron Oriental N.C

Nauti Cat
"Commander"

Posted: April 21 2008 at 09:14 | IP Logged Quote Nauti Cat

Hi everyone,

I too have been very busy... commisioning my CC for spring...new batteries and battery boxes, repacked the rudder shaft, new belts, etc.  Expecting to fire up the engine today, in the water hopefully this coming weekend.  No new progress on the headliner but I will probably have it done professionally this way it takes a day instead of a week if I was to do it and it will look much better.  I also have to replace the 5 3/4" diameter by 1/2" thick lexan cover for the strainer on the inside of the hull as it is cracked.  I couldn't locate it online anywhere (emailed chrisparts.com but no reply just yet) but I may have a guy locally who can reproduce it.  Any experience with this component?

Boatman, the spotlight looks great!

Floater251, very nice CC...my uncle had a 1977 25' Catalina which is when I fell in love with these beauties.  I was looking for the 251 at first but once I saw the 280 (which sleeps 6 for my family of 5) I had to get it. 

Have a great day!

Tom

"MY WAY"
Back to Top Printable version View Nauti Cat's Profile Search for other posts by Nauti Cat

boatman66
"Commander"

Posted: April 21 2008 at 09:18 | IP Logged Quote boatman66

Red Baron:way to go buddy,not many guys know how to replace a thru hull in the water!!my a/c raw water valve is behind the fuel tank,and my two engine raw water valves are just ahead of the fuel tank,the commode thru hull is located starboard side just forward of the fuel tank and has a manual pump out handle aft of the fuel tank,it also has a pump out port topside starboard,midships.I had ALL of the thru hulls replaced two years ago along with new prop shafts and props and all new packing in the logs.other than the occasional drip from the logs haven't had any real problems.glad to hear you are finally getting underway.l

boatman66
"Commander"

Posted: April 21 2008 at 09:27 | IP Logged Quote boatman66

Nuaticat:I assume you are referring to the sea striner for the engine?If you are,and the cover is only cracked,try using fiberglass resin only (mixed really hot)and pour it into the crack and all over it.I had  a similar thing happen on another boat,and it worked fine until I could find the correct replacement. Yor 280 is lookin good

Capt. Heavy
"First Mate"

Posted: April 21 2008 at 10:32 | IP Logged Quote Capt. Heavy

O.K., guys. Does anyone out there know who manufactured the engine guages for chris craft back in 1977. I need a transmission oil pressure sender, 0-200 psi. I cant find one anywhere. Capt Heavy.

Nauti Cat
"Commander"

Posted: April 21 2008 at 11:02 | IP Logged Quote Nauti Cat

Thank you for the idea Boatman.

I just heard back from Chris Parts and they can get me a retrofit kit for the cover converting it from a flat cover to a stronger domed style and have it to me by the end of the week!  It includes the domed cover, longer bolt and a new gasket.  Aparrently the flat style cover (photo of mine below) had a high failure rate.

Tom

"MY WAY"
Back to Top Printable version View Nauti Cat's Profile Search for other posts by Nauti Cat

boatman66
"Commander"

Posted: April 21 2008 at 13:18 | IP Logged Quote boatman66

Way to go nauticat,I love it when a plan goes right!!!!glad you got cc parts to come through for you it has been said the guy that has that place worked for cc and when they closed he bought out the joint.I'm sure glad he did! Capt heavy:my manual lists my gages as QUICK SILVER "commodore" I believe they were Chevy. also don't forget earl the pearl  thread .

boatman66
"Commander"

Posted: April 21 2008 at 13:44 | IP Logged Quote boatman66

OK ALL HANDS ON DECK!!!HERE IS THE INFO ON EARL THE PEARL. WEB STORE SITE IS;"MARINE SALES AND REPAIR" there is also a E-BAY site. OR YOU CAN CALL THEM AT 586 468 0937 business--OR FAX THEM AT 586 468 1670. THEIR E-MAIL ADDRESS IS-parts01@wowway.com NOW WRITE THIS STUFF DOWN NOT EVERY MAKE OF BOAT HAS TWO PLACES TO GET OLD PARTS FROM WE ARE INDEED VERY LUCKY!!THAT'S WHY WE OWN CLASSICS 

diveryates
"Lieutenant"

Posted: April 21 2008 at 14:14 | IP Logged Quote diveryates

Quicksilver is the parts division for Mercruiser.  Quicksilver uses at least in part, Steurt Warner Guages.  Senders should be snap to find if you can ID the guage model #. Jot down the face diameter and the indicator ranges,..that will get you in the ballpark for a guage ID. I swapped out the S.W. RPM guage on my '83 280. It had an identical baxel and was a direct replacment out of the W.M. Catalog.

Same deal should apply for other guages and senders.

Have to say a transmission oil pressure guage setup sounds a bit obscure. If it's there, dimes to dollars it's a custom install.  Are you sure you're not talking about the in-series audible/lamp enunciator safety curcuit? This curcuit is an oil underpressure switch (as opposed to a sender) on the engine and an overtemp switch on the tranny. They look like senders, but are actually calibrated switches. These curcuits were hooked up to an automatic fire extinguisher switch and was an availible accessory from CC. 

S.W. Guage sets, including the harness were a CC factory specification when they ordered Mercruiser Engines for Catalinas in the '70-'80's.

Roy

Capt. Heavy
"First Mate"

Posted: April 21 2008 at 15:32 | IP Logged Quote Capt. Heavy

Thanks for the info, guys. Everylittle bit helps. Gauges on my boat are a standard cluster package, have seen the same set-up on other cc 331 corinthian models. gauge in question says "trans oil pressure". Not much doubt about that. 0-200 psi. Can't find any numbers or markings to indicat manufacturer. My trans has both sender AND alarm switch. Called Lauderdale Speedometer, experts in this field, and they say 0-200 is an oddball. 0-150, 0-300 and 0-400 are common. Just my luck. I'm calling it a day. talk to you guys tomorrow. Miller Time!

redbarontu
"Seaman"

Posted: April 21 2008 at 21:31 | IP Logged Quote redbarontu

Hello again cat owners:

Boatman, I want to clear up the thru hull that I  changed in the water; I changed the valve only not the actual thru the hull part. guess I was not really clear on that. I certanly agree that not many guys can change the complete assembly with the boat floating. Just doing the valve was scary enough. My next project is to build an Chain/rope locker. I am doing it almost like you did except smaller; thanks again for a good Idea.

I still have my heart set on a hardtop for the 294. Anyone know of anyone that builds an aftermarket one close to the original look. I'm thinking that the 28' 29 and 30 ft cats would be about the same. To have a custom one built is pretty expensive.

Red Baron Oriental NC

floater251
"Navigator"

Posted: April 22 2008 at 21:44 | IP Logged Quote floater251

Good evening all, I have to tell ya'll something....Boating expereiance...1984 searay 200 single i/o, boss's 29' proline w/twin i/o's. both handle and steer/menuver on a dime.....

first solo on the floater....

how the @#$$ do you back these single engine tubs into a slip without using your neighboring pontoons as bumpers? thank God no one was around to see this. I asked my buddy (the x coastguard mechanic and not to mention, his father owns a small marina in algonac mi about 1 mile from the origonal c/c plant) he must have laughed for 30 minutes. he promised me some lessons this weekend before the lake crowds show up. i might sneak from work early this week to go and practice. well, back to deadliest catch, commercial is over.

floater251 (w/o more practice i will be sinker251)

Nauti Cat
"Commander"

Posted: April 22 2008 at 22:07 | IP Logged Quote Nauti Cat

Hi Floater...

I too have a single screw (Cat 280) and I saved this from a post a while ago, perhaps by Boatman or one of the other experienced guys (I cannot recall who) but with a lot of practice (and a little liability insurance  ), it may help, good luck!  :

HANDLING TIPS 101

The key to learning how to handle your 25/28 is to learn to exploit its handling quirks to YOUR advantage.

First: Practice....Practice....Practice... The 25/28 has a right hand propeller. This means that when you shift into reverse the stern WILL swing to PORT. I've never been on any 251 that would back to starboard. You can force them to back reasonably straight by using the back & fill method, where you turn the rudder slightly to PORT and using short bursts of forward gear while backing up, to "bump" the stern back into line.

Second: Always remember the rudder has little to no effect in reverse. You steer these boats in reverse by using short bursts of forward gear with the rudder turned to port to "bump" the stern back into line.

When approaching a face dock, always try to approach with the dock on your PORT side. Since the stern swings to port when you shift to reverse, use the side thrust to YOUR advantage to both stop the boat and to pull the stern toward the dock.

To back into a slip... I always approach with the end of my slip on the port side, when I am approx. one slip away; I begin a hard turn to starboard, shift to neutral. As the momentum completes the turn, I cut the wheel all the way to port, give a hard burst of reverse to stop the turn and begin backing into the slip. With practice you will be able to time the turn and the burst of reverse to stop right in front of your slip. Once aligned with the slip, begin the back and fill method described above.

Now for when you really want to show off...

These boats can be made to turn around in ALMOST their own length. This maneuver comes in handy when in crowded marinas. Start by turning the wheel hard to starboard and leave it there. Just as the boat begins to turn, apply a short burst of reverse, this will accelerate the turn to starboard. Just before the boat begins to back-up, apply a short burst of forward gear, just enough to continue the turn without moving forward. Repeat as many times as necessary to turn the boat 180 degrees.

An excellent book to get is "Getting Started in Powerboating" by Bob Armstrong (ISBN 0-87742-267-2) published by International Marine. There is an excellent chapter on handling single screw inboards along with proper spring-line use to get you out of any situation.

Class Dismissed!!!!

"MY WAY"

boatman66
"Commander"

Posted: April 23 2008 at 09:04 | IP Logged Quote boatman66

Say it like it Is nauti cat!!I own a 20 ft. shamrock,same technique when backing,short bursts back and forth,and a lot of practice.the above piece says it all ,way to go cat!!and remember slow bumping against a dock is permissable.what you think the RUB RAIL is for????

boatman66
"Commander"

Posted: April 23 2008 at 09:13 | IP Logged Quote boatman66

hey Floater 251:the item about earl the pearl--his store is in HARRISON TWP. MI.is that anywhere near you???if so how about a check out by you and let us know whats goin on????I would love to go ther,but not inmy near future with the airline being so screwed up and all.by the way I do own ten acres in a place called TUSTIN on the wset side of Mich. haven't been there since I moved from Ohio.KInda miss it.  

Capt. Heavy
"First Mate"

Posted: April 23 2008 at 09:17 | IP Logged Quote Capt. Heavy

Hey, Floater! That was good advice from Nauticat. I've been running single screw boats all my life. once you get the hang og it, it will seem so simple. But like Nauticat says, it takes a lot of practice and a lot of patience. I started out with my family's 22 foot owens when I was about 14. Later on I bought a 25 foot Trojan, then a 251 cat. With my catalina, once I got a little sternway on, I could shift into neutral and then could use the rudder for a little steerage. Best advice I can give you is to take her out to open water and practice backing down. When I first moved to Florida 6 years ago, I ran several boats for c couple of water taxi companies. Some were 26 foot "Old Ports" single screws but handled pretty good due to a large rudder. However one boat was a 40 foot us navy utility boat with a single 671 detroit. What a beast! Trying to back tha thing into a 3 knot current with 39 passengers watching you was a white knuckle experience. Talk about pucker factor! Anyway, keep at it. Capt. Heavy

boatman66
"Commander"

Posted: April 23 2008 at 09:58 | IP Logged Quote boatman66

boatman66
"Commander"

Posted: April 23 2008 at 10:00 | IP Logged Quote boatman66

boatman66
"Commander"

Posted: April 23 2008 at 10:09 | IP Logged Quote boatman66

REDBARONTU:above are two catalog pix,one of the 282 with a hard top,the other of our 294's if they are two small for you let me know and I will e-mail you the bigger ones.these are from the 1986 catalog.the 282 top seems to be the style you want as the windshield appears to be the same one that is on ours,the 293 had one engine(220 hp) versus ours with two.on the top I would make at least a three inch space between it and the top of the windshield for air flow as mine has a convertible top and even with the wing vents open at idle speed it gets quite hot at the helm.I am also toying with a hard top,which is a really good idea,let me know how that goes,hmmmmm,wonder if earlthepearl has one??? 

redbarontu
"Seaman"

Posted: April 23 2008 at 11:14 | IP Logged Quote redbarontu

Boatman thanks for the pics. I have made many calls , one included "EARL" I also called several boat salvage Yards that I found on the internet. They all said that they almost never had a Hardtop. I have decided that you either have to build one or be very lucky to find one laying laying around somewhere. Guess we cant find everthing Hu.

Smile Day, Redbaron

Nauti Cat
"Commander"

Posted: April 23 2008 at 11:42 | IP Logged Quote Nauti Cat

I did a Yahoo search and found some alternatives....

http://www.boattowers.com/CustomHardTop.htm

http://customhardtops.com/index.html

http://www.marineretrofit.com/Hard_Tops.htm

These sites have some pix to get ideas, the 2nd one is in SW FL...

"MY WAY"

floater251
"Navigator"

Posted: April 23 2008 at 16:03 | IP Logged Quote floater251

Ok fellas. thanks for the words of confidence. this sunday im going to the far end og the lake with a full tank of gas and a copy of the instructions from nauti cat. i will not return to the marina until i master backing. i will tell my boss i may not be back to work until monday or tuesday. no, really, i am going sunday until i get it right. there have been alot of people checking out the floater telling me stories of their pasts with similar boats. i dont want them seeing me smash into the dock...

boatman66, its my friend whos from m.i. im down near charlotte n.c. i may be going with him in a  month or so to algonac to pick up a boat for his dad. i can check it out then.

floater.

redbarontu
"Seaman"

Posted: April 23 2008 at 22:26 | IP Logged Quote redbarontu

Nauti cat: thankd for the websights re hardtops. I looked at all of them. There are a couple of places locally that do very nice work and builds hardtops. My problen is parting with the $$.$$ they want to charge me. So my plan is to wait and keep looking for a while. Today I found another and more depressing thing to deal with. In the process my engine alinment i discovered that the lag bolts that hold the mounts to the stringers were loose and would not tighten down. this could be a an interesting problen to solve. Tomorrow I will remove one of the bolts al the way out and try to find out what's going on in there and how to fix it. Sometimes I think that boat is P*&*&# off at me and trying my patience. If anyone has had the same problen and can give me some magic solutions le me know.

Flotter 251 are you on Lake Norman? If so you lots of room to play, I had a place on Norman before coming dow here. Good luck with your backing, it really is easy when you get the hang of it.

Redbaron Oriental nc

diveryates
"Lieutenant"

Posted: April 24 2008 at 00:11 | IP Logged Quote diveryates

Hi Red,

Re those lag bolts: If they are the same as the ones on my 280, they are pretty long: 6-8 ". I am not sure what the stringer core material is. Anyone know?  

Question: without abusing them too much, are any of the others in the same condition? Back them out a bit and hand touque to get a feel.

Question: Can the lag bolt be removed without hitting something?

Quick way: Inspect stringer bore to see if there is any meat left in the stringer to take a larger lag bolt. Make sure the lag bolt is more or less in the middle of the stringer so as to have solid core material all around, not just the fiberglass which encoumapes the stringer. Drill larger hole in aluminum mount plate.  Install oversize lag bolt.

Invasive but effective:  Support the engine with timbers or something. Uncouple the shaft. Remove engine mount.

Determine what happened: cross threading, too much touque, rot, wet, broken bolt  etc. Determine if there are any voids beyond the stripped bore.  

Drill and Install oversize dowel secured with adhesive or apoxy (if any voids). Drill a counter bore in new dowel, install engine mount and new lag bolt...

Align shaft coupling(Recommend a pro do this! If you can (and you may not be able to!) Recommend replacing with a split coupling if there is a pressure type now- the pressure types always get stuck.

Sorry to hear of the trouble!...you will get through it...we all have!

good luck!!! Roy 

Capt. Heavy
"First Mate"

Posted: April 24 2008 at 07:54 | IP Logged Quote Capt. Heavy

Hey , Red. I had the same problem on my Corinthian. Core material was wood. No signs of rot so I just used a longer lag bolt. However, the stringers on my boat are huge, so I had plenty of extra room to do this. Capt. Heavy

redbarontu
"Seaman"

Posted: April 24 2008 at 22:09 | IP Logged Quote redbarontu

Diveryates and Capt Heavy:  Guys I really appreciate the comeback and the advice re my mtr. mounts. My situtation is gonna require something different. Today I removed the Inboard motor mounts and found out by probing that the stringer was  hollow for about 3-4 inches down. I decided to fill the area with west system epoxy. Now I have about 2 Quarts of epoxy I n each hole front and back. The epoxy filled them up and kicked. Now I have about 3-4 inches of solid epoxy. I just talked to a friend who is considered an expert with glass and epoxy, he encouraged me that I had done the proper thing and that I could drill and tap the epoxy; ending up with fix stronger than the original. According to him a drilled and taped hole 5/8 inches deep would be stronger than the 3/8 bolt. I have six more holes to fill I don't what condition i will find them in but it can't be much worse than the ones did today. talk about poreing money down a hole, well that's me.  A few weeks ago I made the statement that there couldn't much else to go wrong; well I take it back.

thanks again for the help guys let me know what you think about what I done.         & nbsp; Red baron working away in Oriental NC

Dewy
"Deckhand"

Posted: April 24 2008 at 22:52 | IP Logged Quote Dewy

Ahoy Mates,

Its been awhile siince I last posted here,been working on my chrissy.Got a New bimini top and full enclousure,installed 2 new starters batteries,ignition switches,new interior caperts,and repairing some crazing.Been out several times for sea trials and preformed great,caught some bad seas but she handle well in the rough.Trying to post a few pics hope this works.

Back to Top Printable version View Dewy's Profile Search for other posts by Dewy

Dewy
"Deckhand"

Posted: April 24 2008 at 22:59 | IP Logged Quote Dewy

finally ,i think I got a hang of this pic loading.Also been replacing my upper side panels  in the sunbridge with new starbord material and all new lower console cabinet with same,looks great.will try to get some interior pics post after I have some fun on the beach this weekend as a Hatteras tournment has arrived.Well got to pack up the Commander and get her rolling.

Back to Top Printable version View Dewy's Profile Search for other posts by Dewy

Capt. Heavy
"First Mate"

Posted: April 25 2008 at 08:18 | IP Logged Quote Capt. Heavy

Hey Red. Sounds good, but be sure to use 206 slow hardener or better yet, 209 tropical hardener. The slower epoxy ( and polyester ) hardens the stronger it becomes. Also adding some milled fiberglass AFTER you mix it will Greatly increase it's strength and help resist cracking. Cold beer and calm seas, Capt. Heavy

]
] ]
191 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »

Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
  ]
Printable version Printable version