View Last Post Viking Yachts Links
Last Post By: Viking44
Forum: Viking Yacht

Posted: April 17 2014 at: 06:32

View Last Post Amerosport 320
Last Post By: Jerry737
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: April 13 2014 at: 16:00

View Last Post Any Uniflite Owners near Berkeley CA???
Last Post By: concordian
Forum: Uniflite

Posted: March 08 2014 at: 02:27

View Last Post Inverter
Last Post By: eshover
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: February 03 2014 at: 11:32

]
] ]

Chris Craft
 BoatUS Boat Groups/Manufacturer Forums>>Chris Craft
Subject Topic: Catalina Owners Post ReplyPost New Topic
191 Pages « 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »
] ] ]
]
Author
Message Prev Topic | Next Topic 
diveryates
"Lieutenant"

Posted: September 04 2008 at 12:10 | IP Logged Quote diveryates

Heavy,

You're ready! All you need is a deck of cards...

We have a home in Merritt Island where our people tie their kids to a palm tree and watch their SUV sail by...

Serously guys, best of luck to you and yours in harms way!!!

Diver

suwanneered
"Deckhand"

Posted: September 04 2008 at 12:17 | IP Logged Quote suwanneered

Hi Roy: Looks like some major work for sure?Did you consider a long Block? Guess you did as everything you have is neat. At least the mechanic won't get his hands very dirty.Ha Neat clean engine for sure.GOOD LUCK,See ya,Bill
Back to Top Printable version View suwanneered's Profile Search for other posts by suwanneered

Capt. Heavy
"First Mate"

Posted: September 04 2008 at 13:28 | IP Logged Quote Capt. Heavy

Diver, 102.00 per hr. is obcene. don't know what hourly rates the mechanics actually make, but I think our guys make $20-25 an hour, just a wild guess. the company gets the rest. If you're an independent mechanic working on your own, you can make good money, but working for yourself can creat a lot of problems too. You need 1 million in liability insurance and workmans comp just to set foot in most of the big yards around here. Looks like a water leak problem for sure. 970 hours is really not a lot of hours for a well maintained engine. And with a single engine reliability is a must.Keep us informed of the progress and any problems you run into. (and you will, it's a boat) One of the engines in mystic diver is original, 1977, just a guess maybe 3000 hours and it still runs great. leaks a little oil but otherwise reliable, I baby both engines never run more than 3000rpm, cruise @28-2900. Use only castrol gtx 20-50w oil,fram filters. keep the pix comming. Capt. Heavy

Capt. Heavy
"First Mate"

Posted: September 04 2008 at 15:23 | IP Logged Quote Capt. Heavy

O.K. gang, it's 3:20 pm. and that means it's almost beerthirty. Got a vacation day friday. And hanna will be stoppin' by. Anyway if it's not too windy I may take mystic diver out and do a little fishin' and wishin'. They say fish bite is great just before a hurricane. We'll see. Y'all have a good weekend, you guys in nc and sc keep an eye on hanna. See ya monday, Capt. Heavy

boatman66
"Commander"

Posted: September 05 2008 at 10:11 | IP Logged Quote boatman66

Hang on capt. I know you have the experience!! ta ta hanna, now ike what's up??floater, red and all keep tight lines, we shall all get through this!!!!

boatman66
"Commander"

Posted: September 05 2008 at 10:26 | IP Logged Quote boatman66

Boatman tied up!!

Nauti Cat
"Commander"

Posted: September 05 2008 at 10:36 | IP Logged Quote Nauti Cat

lookin' good boatman!

We are expecting Hanna up here on Long Island this Saturday evening...so nice of her to pay us a visit

We are expecitng only 40mph winds, will go to the boat later to take down the canvas and move her a little further from the bulkhead.  Will also check the lines on my neighbors.

Hang in there for Ike guys...stay safe

"MY WAY"
Back to Top Printable version View Nauti Cat's Profile Search for other posts by Nauti Cat

floater251
"Navigator"

Posted: September 05 2008 at 11:35 | IP Logged Quote floater251

Nothng really expected here.... who knows what ike's going to do...capt Heavy, you ok? i hope hes not out fishing in this mess.

floater

Nauti Cat
"Commander"

Posted: September 05 2008 at 16:02 | IP Logged Quote Nauti Cat

Just heard from my parents and brother in SW FL regarding the computer models for Ike.. yIKEs!  5 of the 6 paths heading to SW FL

Hang in there Boatmann!

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tracking/at200809_model .html#a_topad

Edited by Nauti Cat on September 05 2008 at 16:04

"MY WAY"
Back to Top Printable version View Nauti Cat's Profile Search for other posts by Nauti Cat

floater251
"Navigator"

Posted: September 05 2008 at 17:38 | IP Logged Quote floater251

A prayer to all in harms way

floater

boatman66
"Commander"

Posted: September 06 2008 at 08:30 | IP Logged Quote boatman66

Many thanks guys,really hard to NOT untie sally for the weekend,water is glass,fishin is reported as good esp. SNOOK,BUT my better sense says leave her tied upthe weather underground (compliments of capt heavy)and I see nauti cat is using it too,shows a further southerly move today thru wed.really hope so.Roy is your engine a 305?? I have my old ones in storage,and the heads are good,you can have a set if need be. I'm saving them for the oil pans which are the aluminum ones,the new 350's have the stock steel oil pans and you just know they are going to go bad,but the blocks,heads,valve covers are fair game for give-away.I'll keep you posted if IKE comes my way.

floater251
"Navigator"

Posted: September 07 2008 at 19:21 | IP Logged Quote floater251

HOW ABOUT THOSE PANTHERS!!!!!!

FLOATER

Capt. Heavy
"First Mate"

Posted: September 08 2008 at 08:56 | IP Logged Quote Capt. Heavy

well, boatman, looks like we dodged another bullet. Lets hope Ike goes west to mexico. Thanks to all for their thoughts and prayers. Been crazy here at hinckley yard. Hauled out hundres of boats friday and saturday. No room left in the yard. ka-ching $$$$$$$$ Many of these boats will want to be serviced, bottoms painted, props recoditionded etc. Looks like you guys un north got a bath from hanna. Took Mystic Diver out sat. and Sun. Other than some large swells, the ocean was very calm. However all the rain and wind made the water very dirty. went out 5 miles to one of my fishin holes, and it looked more like river water. Caught a few snapper, no keepers, and the current was rippin'. Any way had a nice boat ride with lots of sunshine which is what I really needed. Still working on the cabin door, getting ready to seal it with west system epoxy, then prime, paint and varnish. With some cooler weather in november will start maintenance, wax, some new paint around window frames., re-glass engine hatches etc. Capt. Heavy

boatman66
"Commander"

Posted: September 08 2008 at 09:13 | IP Logged Quote boatman66

So far so good Heavy,hope the track for Ike holds up,love those Bermuda highs!!!glad to see someone got out this weekend.I will be glad to see cooler weather also,I have a long list of todo's,finding the weep leak from the stbd tranny,replacing the galley area to look like Roys,replacing the head( that's gonna be sh--y!)and more.That's the beauty of owning a boat-you get to be a willing participant.

Capt. Heavy
"First Mate"

Posted: September 08 2008 at 09:26 | IP Logged Quote Capt. Heavy

Hey Boatman, Head games. Whats wrong with the head? Use plent of bleach, latex or rubber gloves and its not too bad. I have an electric head with a lectrasan type 1 treatment system, been pretty much trouble free. Let me know if I can be of service. H

Nauti Cat
"Commander"

Posted: September 08 2008 at 11:34 | IP Logged Quote Nauti Cat

Hey guys...Hanna was no big deal, just some rain and wind, no damage at home or the boat.  Just need to get down there to remove the extra lines and put the canvas back up.  Glad to hear everyone is faring well regarding the weather.

Tom

"MY WAY"

Capt. Heavy
"First Mate"

Posted: September 08 2008 at 11:41 | IP Logged Quote Capt. Heavy

glad to hear it Tom. boat looks good. Where is the dock located. It looks fairly well protected. Capt Heavy

Nauti Cat
"Commander"

Posted: September 08 2008 at 12:03 | IP Logged Quote Nauti Cat

Capt. H,

I am on the south shore of long Island on the Great South Bay.  Although the dock looks protected...about 500 feet south of me (to the right of my boat in the photo) is the mouth of the creek.  With south and south east wind, we can get up to a 2 foot chop in the creek which really stirs things up.  During Hanna we had 2 - 2 1/2 foot rollers coming down the creek.  Luckly, most boat owners did a great job securing things and I saw no real damage yesterday morning.  I ended up with about 3 inches of water in the bilge which I pumped dry the day before.  This is due to leaky deck hatches, flush mount pole holders and other small voids.

"MY WAY"

floater251
"Navigator"

Posted: September 09 2008 at 18:41 | IP Logged Quote floater251

Hi Boatman, radar showing alot of activity around you...are you doing ok so far?

floater

floater251
"Navigator"

Posted: September 09 2008 at 21:48 | IP Logged Quote floater251

cat, how about a close up of your transom logo! my sister is a commercial artist, she has come up with a logo for the floater, she emailed it to me this morning. i need to get the mrs to reduce the size of the jpeg so i can post it. she is going to send to the sign company she uses and have it printed to psa vinyl.

talk to you soon!

floater

Nauti Cat
"Commander"

Posted: September 09 2008 at 23:16 | IP Logged Quote Nauti Cat

Hi Floater, this is the closest shot I have saved on my PC.  "My Way" and the Mugsy character were on the boat when I bought it, we do plan to change the name in the future but it is ok for now.  My prior boat (20' Seaswirl) was named "Nauti Cat" and had a graphic of Tom & Jerry and we may rename the Catalina "Nauti Cat 2"...fits pretty well.  I joined this forum just before I got the Chris Craft and used my boat's name at the time.

Photo a friend of mine took of us a couple of weeks ago...

"MY WAY"

Nauti Cat
"Commander"

Posted: September 09 2008 at 23:24 | IP Logged Quote Nauti Cat

Hey Bill,

I saw your post regarding the windows on the Connie's forum.  I need to replace all of the rubber trim on my cabin fore and side windows...the rubber in the aluminum trim that hides the screws, rubber between the glass and frame on the front windows plastic in the track is all cracked, etc.  If you replaced your's would you happen to have the part numbers from chrisparts saved?  The only way I think I can get the right pieces otherwise, is to snip a sample of each and mail it to Bob.

I found the star shaped latches for the sliding windows Mine were cracked and brittle) at aluminum2000.com in PA... $2.85 for each whole assembly - not a bad deal.  chrisparts were out of them but may stock some from these guys in PA.

Thanks,

Tom

"MY WAY"

boatman66
"Commander"

Posted: September 10 2008 at 08:54 | IP Logged Quote boatman66

Thanks Floater,I'm in the process of snapping pix of the tidal rise,It's already up the seawall cap at 7:30 am and high tide isn't until 10:30 am.I'm figuring a rise of around four feet--this should be interesting,winds are variable as Ike moves away,yesterday was pretty howly but we were all snug at the tiki bar  Floater way to go on the window latches,I need those also,the rubber trim parts are pretty common parts and you may be able to find them at any large window place,usually found in aluminum window catalogs.may be way cheaper that way.I'll keep you all posted on the storm-look for the tdal pix around 2-3 pm.Boatman

boatman66
"Commander"

Posted: September 10 2008 at 11:13 | IP Logged Quote boatman66

Ok high tide is here and we have maxed out,since Ike has pushed a little further west the surge is already dropping here are two pix one at 8:30 and one at 11:00 Guess we slid by on another one..THANKYOU now bring on the and calm seas. And pray for Texas..

boatman66
"Commander"

Posted: September 10 2008 at 11:14 | IP Logged Quote boatman66

boatman66
"Commander"

Posted: September 10 2008 at 11:15 | IP Logged Quote boatman66

MAX HIGH THAT WAS CLOSE!!

Capt. Heavy
"First Mate"

Posted: September 10 2008 at 13:41 | IP Logged Quote Capt. Heavy

Hey Boatman, glad you came thru unscathed. We're still getting some wind and rain from Ike, but nothing like you got. I wish you guys could see the Hinckley yard right now. He have boats stacked  everywhere. Hope the people on the gulf coast make it through ok. Just a reminder, guys, tomorrow is 9-11. Never forget. I have to try and remember to fly the flag at home tomorrow. Here in Stuart there will be an exhibit of seldom seen photos of the twin towers. It's the only location in Florida that it's being shown. God Bless America. Capt. H

floater251
"Navigator"

Posted: September 10 2008 at 20:21 | IP Logged Quote floater251

ok all, heres the official floater logo, my family knowes me as "moose" so that should explain the name. please tell me what changes needs to be made brfore it goes to print.

suwanneered
"Deckhand"

Posted: September 10 2008 at 20:59 | IP Logged Quote suwanneered

Hi Floater: Gee that logo really looks great!I would put on the other side of the bouy across from the 251 a "CC"  Ha It sure looks great!!

Tom: The chris Parts site has a sorta catalog and the contact number for them and e-mail also. Both of the fellows were Chris Craft employees and really have a lot of stuff as they bought the remaining stock when CC shut down. Try that they are really nice guys but not really cheap.

<www.Chris Parts.com>

Glad all made it thru the storms with out a lot of damage See Ya, Bill
Back to Top Printable version View suwanneered's Profile Search for other posts by suwanneered

Capt. Heavy
"First Mate"

Posted: September 11 2008 at 10:51 | IP Logged Quote Capt. Heavy

Hey, Floater, looks great. Maybe Bills suggestion of adding CC, Other than that I wouldn't change  a thing. Heavy

boatman66
"Commander"

Posted: September 12 2008 at 09:15 | IP Logged Quote boatman66

looks great Floater,Maybe make floater taller?? great artwork!!Gotta go Sally needs to splash and exercise talk to ya later

Nauti Cat
"Commander"

Posted: September 12 2008 at 10:06 | IP Logged Quote Nauti Cat

Great artwork Floater...I love it!

Bill, thanks for the info on the parts.  The guys at Chris parts advised me to send them a sample of each trim piece and ther would match it up.  I just need to spend the time taking a couple of cross sections of the rubber trim and send to them.  I am not able to tell exactly what's what from the pix on their website.

We did a little night fishing yesterday and caught 7 weak fish and 1 sea bass...all shorts but we had a good time.

Weakfish

"MY WAY"

floater251
"Navigator"

Posted: September 12 2008 at 10:38 | IP Logged Quote floater251

hello to all, and a happy friday!

took a couple vacation days yesterday and today, thought i might go visit the floater today but....turned on the late morning news just to see people freeking and lined up at the pumps. i guess i dont need to waste the little gas thats in my truck. im glad we canceled our trip to virginia. may not of had enough gas to get home. hummm, stranded on vacation at the chesipeeke bay...that wouldnt have been so bad

thanks for the input on the logo. i'll make the changes and stick it on after repainting stripes! meanwhile, im trying some marketry (inlay) work on my table top, trying to make a veneer compass rose from teak, maple and blk walnut. i'll post some w.i.p. pix as i make progress.

y'all have a good weekend!

floater

Capt. Heavy
"First Mate"

Posted: September 12 2008 at 13:11 | IP Logged Quote Capt. Heavy

Floater, tha inlay sounds really cool. Here at Hinckley we are refitting a 55 foot hinckley. The owner is Irish and requested some new teak tables with a harp inlaid in them. Was.t cheap but our carpenter forman did a beutiful job on them. A harp is also on the transom logo. Make sure you send us some pix. P.S., we always need skilled marine carpenters here. Nauticat, you getting any strippers up there? Looks like we may have some good weather in s.e. florida and I hear the fall dolphin run is starting. Had to replace a seastrainer basket on Mystic Diver. $87.00 my cost. Ouch. Any way I'll be out there fishin' and wishin' weather permitin'. Tight lines, cold beer and hot bikinis. Capt. H

Nauti Cat
"Commander"

Posted: September 12 2008 at 15:03 | IP Logged Quote Nauti Cat

Hey Cap't H,

No stripers in the inlets yet, only in the ocean...around October we'll get them closer in.

Tom

"MY WAY"

floater251
"Navigator"

Posted: September 13 2008 at 00:55 | IP Logged Quote floater251

All, boy do we have a mess here. gas shot up today from $362 up to $519 from this morning to this evening. every gas station is out of gas, people are fighting over pumps with gas. the stations are blaming it on ike shutting down the refinerys. is it like that everywhere? i do know its going on in north and south carolina. myrtle beach reported regular for $550. luckally me and the mrs filled up early this am before all this happened.

floater

suwanneered
"Deckhand"

Posted: September 13 2008 at 08:25 | IP Logged Quote suwanneered

Hi Floater & Tom:
The gas here has gone up also!I filled up last night at 3.99 a gallon but I am sure it is a lot more this AM. Sure puts a damper on Boatin!
Tom : The fellows at Chris Parts are really nice and helpful I have bought a lot of things from them in the last couple of years.
Still waiting on my distributor part and got notification that it will be shipped and I wil get it Tuesday, Maybe next week I will get to test the Old Gal out. See Ya,Bill

Nauti Cat
"Commander"

Posted: September 13 2008 at 08:29 | IP Logged Quote Nauti Cat

Wow Floater & Bill, that's amazing...is that for prices at the marina?

From Thursday to Friday our gas prices (for auto) went up about 30 cents per gallon to 3.99 so we filled up the cars last night...no idea what they are this morning or at the marinas.

My CC has about 2/3 tank so that's enough for me for a while.

Will let you know what I see when I head out later.

Tom

"MY WAY"

floater251
"Navigator"

Posted: September 13 2008 at 11:00 | IP Logged Quote floater251

cat, nope, thats at all the gas stations. the news this am seai the govener is going to step in now because the suppliers only went up a fiew cents, co all the stations are gouging. its amazing on how much prices vary from station to station. by the way, diesel has not changed at all.....go figure.

yall have a good saturday, i might visit the floater sunday.

floater

Nauti Cat
"Commander"

Posted: September 13 2008 at 11:35 | IP Logged Quote Nauti Cat

Just checked street prices here in NY...only went up another 10 cents so far. We are around 3.99 to 4.09 for regular.

"MY WAY"

]
] ]
191 Pages « 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »

Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
  ]
Printable version Printable version