Last Post By: Jerry737
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: April 13 2014 at: 16:00

View Last Post Murray Chris Craft Constellations
Pages 1 2 3 4 ... 149 » 150
Last Post By: David Ross

Posted: March 14 2014 at: 17:23

View Last Post Any Uniflite Owners near Berkeley CA???
Last Post By: concordian
Forum: Uniflite

Posted: March 08 2014 at: 02:27

View Last Post Inverter
Last Post By: eshover

Posted: February 03 2014 at: 11:32

View Last Post 1963 Constellation 42
Last Post By: eshover

Posted: February 03 2014 at: 11:19

View Last Post 2000 Gulfstream 232
Last Post By: DanDDan
Forum: Grady-White

Posted: January 30 2014 at: 11:01

View Last Post Catalina Owners
Pages 1 2 3 4 ... 191 » 192
Last Post By: Happy Hour III

Posted: January 18 2014 at: 20:11

View Last Post 50 amp question
Last Post By: Pats2nd Connie

Posted: January 13 2014 at: 17:57

View Last Post Leaving boat
Last Post By: Pats2nd Connie

Posted: January 13 2014 at: 08:17

]
] ]

Chris Craft
 BoatUS Boat Groups/Manufacturer Forums>>Chris Craft
Subject Topic: Catalina Owners Post ReplyPost New Topic
191 Pages « 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 »
] ] ]
]
Author
Message Prev Topic | Next Topic 
boatman66
"Commander"

Posted: January 18 2012 at 09:20 | IP Logged Quote boatman66

FLY BRIDGE SO SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS BUDDY-30 YEARS LATER AND I STILL MISS MY DOG-THE BEST FRIEND I EVER HAD!! IF YOU ARE GOING TO CUT ON THAT TANK BE SURE AND EMPTY IT AND THEN FILL WITH WATER AND FLUSH AGAIN WE DON'T WANT YOU BLOWING UP!!OLD FUEL IS WORSE THAN NEW FUEL AND IS LITERALY A TIME BOMB --THEY DON'T BUILD BOATS FOR REPAIRS THAT'S FOR SURE--THE TANKS WERE PROBABLY PUT IN BEFORE THE TOP WENT ON THEY BUILD AIRPLANES THE SAME WAY FROM THE INSIDE OUT-GOOD LUCK ON THE PROJECT-66

boatman66
"Commander"

Posted: January 18 2012 at 09:26 | IP Logged Quote boatman66

CAPTAIN HEAVY-HAPPY BIRTHDAY OLD SALT!!THE OTHER DAY I WAS AT THE TIKI(IMBIBING IN A COOL ONE)WHEN THIS OLD LADY SAT DOWN AND SAID "YOU LOOK LIKE AN OLD SALT WHO IS REALLY WORN OUT"!! SHE LOOKED OLDER THAN ME AND TURNS OUT SHE IS 74 YRS OLD AND IS ON HER OWN SAILBOAT AND COMING FROM NORTH FLA HEADED TO THE KEYS!!HER DINGY IS AN 8 FOOT PRAM WITH OARS!! SHIRLEY WAS QUITE A CHARACTER!! SO THERE IS HOPE FOR US ALL YET

Fly Bridge
"Navigator"

Posted: January 18 2012 at 10:54 | IP Logged Quote Fly Bridge

Thank you Capn's.  for support and kind words for me.  I know you can relate losing a dear and beloved pet in our lives.  Thank you.  Your words and understanding, means everything to me.

I tried  to record a video this morning of the fuel tank removal, but computer camera does not produce a clear image.  Seems  the daylight washes-out the image, ei, too bright outside.  Will try and record at night with a electric light source tonight.

Fly Bridge.....Dan

Happy Hour III
"First Mate"

Posted: January 18 2012 at 11:02 | IP Logged Quote Happy Hour III

Dan Very Sorry about your Dog. We are big time dog lovers and we know how you feel. Its very sad we they cross the Rainbow Bridge ! Hang in there

Back to Top Printable version View Happy Hour III's Profile Search for other posts by Happy Hour III

alejandro
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: January 18 2012 at 12:11 | IP Logged Quote alejandro

Hi everybody.Your silence has been most eloquent.Iasked the same question about a 28 bertram that is in about same conditions as the chris and received immediate answers like...built like a tank...goes anywhere anytime...etc...so I will assume that the chris is not and wiil not. Thanks anyway. A.
Back to Top Printable version View alejandro's Profile Search for other posts by alejandro

Nauti Cat
"Commander"

Posted: January 18 2012 at 13:53 | IP Logged Quote Nauti Cat

Quote: alejandro
 good night everybody   first time i use this and my english is not so good so have patience    please help me with this   i need to know if the hull of a chris craft 292 sunbrige about 86  is strong seaworthy and seakindly enough to be used as a work boat in caribbean bad weather.   we have very little choice here  currency control etc  .there is one of those for sale  but nobody around knows the boat and it has no engines so i cant test it .a mistake would litteraly sink me.ihave 2 isuzu 4bd that would go on it.many thanks.  a.

Alejandro, sorry your post was not replied to. 

The 292 sunbridge is a nice looking boat.  The hull seems to be of the same vintage as the 280/281/291 and is solid fiberglass which makes it heavy and strong.  Compared to the Bertram's from the 1970's which were considered to be "over-built" the Chris Craft is stronger than most other boats but may not be as thick -hulled as these older Bertrams...you can tell this by the weight or displacement compared to length, beam and engines. 

I googled Bertram 28 weight...they are around 16,000 pounds...twice as heavy as the Chris Craft.  I think you'll find the price is also in line with the weight difference.  One 28' bertram I found on line...they are asking $40,000 USD.

I did some searching and found this info:

1986 Chris Craft 292 Catalina Sunbridge Sedan

This inboard cruiser is 28.88 feet long and weighs 7800 (pounds dry). This weight does not account for passengers, fuel, or gear. The beam of this craft is 129 inches.

The 292 is a versatile family boat with an attractive profile and unusual amount of room for a 29 ft. cruiser. Her hull is solid fiberglass with a 10'9" beam. She has a large cockpit with high sides and a roomy cabin. She sleeps 6 in comfort and has a stand up head with shower.

the Chris Craft 292 Sunbridge was produced from 19861989 and if they used the same hull as the catalinas many of the fourm members here have, it should be a solid boat...however, even the same boats will vary in condition based on maintenance and previous use.

For use as a commercial boat? the only way to confirm this would be with a full hull inspection and getting a qualified marine surveyor to give you a report on that exact boat to minimize any risk.

"MY WAY"
Back to Top Printable version View Nauti Cat's Profile Search for other posts by Nauti Cat

Happy Hour III
"First Mate"

Posted: January 18 2012 at 14:32 | IP Logged Quote Happy Hour III

How would you old school captins rate our 1977 to 1986 Catalina 280/281/291 hulls ??? I was in 6 foot seas once coming back from Fire Island once I feel the Chris craft did just fine . is she a 2-3 foot wave hull or more. I do know the boat (chris craft ) will take more pounding than us captins . Your thoughts ????? I do like the old school Betrums new ones are very very cheap I work on them sometimes . In Cabo ALL small fishing boats are Betrum 28's I saw like 60 of them there . I did see 6 Chris Crafts how ever. Good Luck Alejando. What type of work will you be doing ?

Back to Top Printable version View Happy Hour III's Profile Search for other posts by Happy Hour III

alejandro
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: January 18 2012 at 14:46 | IP Logged Quote alejandro

mainly diving   some traps   little floating longline  thanks
Back to Top Printable version View alejandro's Profile Search for other posts by alejandro

Happy Hour III
"First Mate"

Posted: January 18 2012 at 14:56 | IP Logged Quote Happy Hour III

nice Than the CC should be fine for you. Both Great boats. Bertrum a little bit stronger. Also more $$$$$ Good luck to you . wish you the best be safe out there

Nauti Cat
"Commander"

Posted: January 18 2012 at 17:08 | IP Logged Quote Nauti Cat

I've had my Catalina 280 in the bay with 5+ foot white caps and she did great, no pounding, relatively dry (except for the occasional gust of wind spraying water at our beam)...even afterwards everyting was tight...no rattles, no damage, nothing.  After that experience of 25-30 minutes in small craft warnings and a steady 35mph blow I knew the solid fiberglass hulls were the only way to go and the boat was correctly sized for the worst that the bay could dish up.  I would never take her out into the ocean as conditions could get much worse out there, but I have a feeling she'd do bettern than me

I was watching Coast Guard Alaska last night where two guys were 28 miles off shore in a 15' Whaler...the Whaler did not sink but it capsized as the waves were too big and overpowered the boat...they had no business being out there.  The same thing applies to all of us...check the weather before and during any boating adventure...get off the open water sooner than later.

"MY WAY"
Back to Top Printable version View Nauti Cat's Profile Search for other posts by Nauti Cat

Capt. Heavy
"First Mate"

Posted: January 18 2012 at 23:26 | IP Logged Quote Capt. Heavy

Hey, Gang. Dan, sorry for your loss, but take comfort in knowing your pet was the luckiest dog alive to have a friend like you.

P.S. I have the exact same fuel tanks as you. I keep a close eye on them. So far, so good.

BERTRAM 28 VS CC 280. I have a very good friend that owns a 28 bertram. We fish, dive, boat together on a regular basis. Bertram, VERY deep V hull. Nice when heading into a head sea or a direct following sea. Otherwise it SUCKS!!!! Drift fishing in more than 1-2 foot seas will toss you all over the place. Trolling in a beam sea the same, HANG ON TO YOUR BEER!! Also very wet in any thing other than hitting the seas head on. He has twin 275 mercs, will cruise 20 kts @ 2800-3000 rpm. Not an easy boat to work on, I've done a number of projects for him and end up with busted knuckles and a bad attitude.

Diver, sounds like u have single engine mauvering down pat. U are exactly right, u have to know and anticipate what your boat is going to do and will NOT do.

Thanks to all for the B-day wishes, I may be 59 but I don't feel a day over 80.LOL Nite, Ya'll, H.

Swallowtail
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: January 20 2012 at 15:36 | IP Logged Quote Swallowtail

Fly Bridge,

Sorry to hear of your loss. I became a dog owner for the first time two years ago when I had two enter my life.

Can't now imagine my life without them. 

Ian

Back to Top Printable version View Swallowtail's Profile Search for other posts by Swallowtail

JimInFla
"Deckhand"

Posted: January 26 2012 at 14:11 | IP Logged Quote JimInFla

So I discovered this week that my port manifold is running
hot at the bow end by about 40 degrees. They are about 5
years old and haven't seen much use. So I'm thinking that
there is an obstruction in it due to corrosion.

Since it's winter, I have decided to replace them both.New
manifolds, risers, and bolts. I'd rather do it now and not
worry about it then to wait till spring when i really want to
be using her and have one fail and leave me on the water.

Work should be done by mid week next week. Anyone
wanna guess where I am gonna be next weekend?

Jim

www.thehard6.com
Back to Top Printable version View JimInFla's Profile Search for other posts by JimInFla

smile n wave
"Deckhand"

Posted: January 26 2012 at 16:43 | IP Logged Quote smile n wave

Greetings all,

Jim, proably good call.  No salt up here and have never had to replace a riser but they do get full of rust and have to clean em out when pull the freeze plugs for winter.

Diver, what ever was the cause of the water?  failed hose somewhere?

Salmonpro, how go your projects?

Brad

diveryates
"Lieutenant"

Posted: January 26 2012 at 20:37 | IP Logged Quote diveryates

Alajendro,

I have a neighbor at the marina who has an older Bertram 28 with twin Mercruiser 230s.  Several things poped out at me: the deck fittings are 1st rate, indicating a quality boat. As Capt Heavy pointed out, this is a wet boat-it has very little freeboard- sits low in the water. The fisher design is timeless and very popular. From Florida to Mexico one sees these boats by the hundreds. A testimate to their popularity and utility. They have a large, open cockpit and a low flybridge- ideal for fishing. Unlike 280s, the cabin is small but usable due to its large cockpit. The 280 is more a multi purpose boat for family, does fishing, twins do water skiing and  a couple with small kids can stay on it in reasonable comfort for a week or more.... if pump outs close by are availible. This livabability is less true for Bertam models I've seem. It's more a day boat that can do overnights. Because they are fishers, many more Bertams are seen off shoreeven lthough the free board on 280s in is a drier boat. If you are mainly diving- I'm thinking the Bertram's large cockpit would work better. Bertrams are much more expensive. The 280 would be more of a comprimise for your use but much less costly to purchase. Both are quality boats...your choice.

Brad,

The blockage was accmulations of granulated iron and rusted chips from the portside mainfold's water jacket. This debris settled at the bottom of the water jacket blocking raw water from entering from the hose fitting. The back-pressure from this blockage is what blew out the aging hose between the raw water pump and the tranny cooler. I deduced I could eliminate the raw water pump and the heat exchanger as the cause because the starboard elbow ran cool. Troubleshooting depends on how a cooling system is setup. Ours (which is actually not a common setup) is where raw water runs from the raw water pump, thru a tranny cooler to the heat exchanger.  Then thru a hose fitting into the bottom of the exhaust mainifold, hence up thru the elbow and overboard thru the muffler.First I disconnected the hose going to the manifold's hose fitting and blew thru it to be sure the portside manifolds hose to the exchanger was clear.  Then, I took a short piece of hose, connected it to the manifolds hose fitting and blew into that. It was clogged. Then I removed the portside elbow and blew again- still cligged- had to be the manifold itself. Simple, but a pain to do.

I think the more common coolong setup is that the exhaust manifolds use engine coolent and only the elbow is injected with raw water. In this setup, a 'blocking gasket is used to seperate the mainfolds fresh water from the elbow's raw water.

fair seas all, Roy 

Captain Mark
"First Mate"

Posted: January 27 2012 at 08:39 | IP Logged Quote Captain Mark

Alajendro,

Myabe what you should look at is the fact that the CC needs to be repowered.  What drives are you going to couple tot the diesels?  What props would you use?  What shape are the stringers?  Why did the previous owner decide not to repower once the original motors were removed?  This project could easily turn into a nighmare if you don't have machine shop fabricating capabilities.

Lake Superior
Wisconsin
http://www.superiordaycruises.com
Back to Top Printable version View Captain Mark's Profile Search for other posts by Captain Mark

alejandro
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: January 27 2012 at 13:43 | IP Logged Quote alejandro

Thanks everybody.It had 2 volvos 4 cyl turbo straight shaft in it.problem is that we have not much to choose from around here.

Nauti Cat
"Commander"

Posted: January 29 2012 at 08:28 | IP Logged Quote Nauti Cat

hey JiminFL...I see you've been playing on youtube, commented on my video, cool!  did you see all of my CC videos under tg426?

"MY WAY"

JimInFla
"Deckhand"

Posted: January 29 2012 at 11:34 | IP Logged Quote JimInFla

Holy crap! I didn't even realize that was yours. I just went
back and watched the rest.

I really enjoyed watching you teaching your son. Reminded
me of my Dad and I so many years ago.

I wanted to be out on my CC so bad yesterday, the weather
was perfect! My new manifolds get installed this week, so I
didn't think it was worth taking the chance. NEXT weekend
though!!! It better not rain!!!

www.thehard6.com
Back to Top Printable version View JimInFla's Profile Search for other posts by JimInFla

Happy Hour III
"First Mate"

Posted: January 29 2012 at 18:12 | IP Logged Quote Happy Hour III

Tom's youtube videos are great. He got me started with them themckingpin1 is some of our Chris Craft family videos . As always Tom Thanks for sharing ! My hours at work have been not at 40 lately . I am not happy about that. I hope we get busy again. How ever Friday I got off at 12:00 I knew I had 4 hours before I had to pick up my daughter. So I took out the Happy Hour III all by myself . What a great ride , no boats around and just me and my ipod ! I cruised every were.  My dad use to do that all the time! Point is It,s so nice to do that every once in awhile to clear our heads and it was nice to think about my Dad.  Once again I finaly really got to test out my new motor and she ran amazing . All the $ I spent was so worth it. It's sp nice to take a break from life sometimes. Thanks to my Dad and My Happy Hour III.

diveryates
"Lieutenant"

Posted: January 29 2012 at 20:18 | IP Logged Quote diveryates

Hello all,

We took Lorelei on an overnighter this weekend- beautiful weather, bit of a chill, but fine, crisp air. The trip was a run of about 20 miles total.  Manifold repair from prevous posts tested fine.  whew!

One thing- sprayed saltwater from the original problem left a white dried salt film over everything. Will need to brush all affected surfaces and re-paint. re-painting is the only way to get rid of eventual corrosion from this nasty film... In this case painting is more that just making it look good.  Always something more to do...

Engine tip:

At the end the day, run up the engine(s) to 1300-1500RPM for about 30-45 seconds just before shutdown. One the charactoristics of marinized engine camshafts is that there is a momentary suction created in the exhaust valve timing. This can cause a small amounts of raw water backflow to the exhaust valves. Running the engine like this purges the exhaust system gas chanels of water where rust can occur from this suction affect.

Best all! Roy    

Nauti Cat
"Commander"

Posted: January 29 2012 at 20:31 | IP Logged Quote Nauti Cat

jim (fl) the shine on your 293 looks amazing. I tried to teach Nick a lot before we sold her I am sure those are things he will not forget.  Once we gat back on the water we'll pick up where we left off.  For now we have a couple trips planned to see my folks over in Cape Coral and dad will have the Boston Whaleer ready for us...I am sure Nick will be at the helm every chance.

Regarding the Jeep video...we had all gone through that puddle on the way in and did fine, he just caught the right rear wheel in the deepest rut.  His Cherokee is on stock size tires with a very mild tread.  He got a little surprised when the interior took on water...will have to get him a bilge pump... hahaha

thanks Jim (hh3)...I always did the same thing...head out onto the bay by myself and eventhough I love music...the purring of that Mercruiser V8 was all the music I wanted to listen to.  Often times that solo cruise would be during a lunch break or early on a sunday morning at sunrise.

I am glad HH3 is running great.  We'll have to talk on the phone this week sometime...sorry I havent called yet.  Let me know a few times that it is good to call and I will make some time in during the work day this week.

Tom

"MY WAY"

Captain Mark
"First Mate"

Posted: January 30 2012 at 10:34 | IP Logged Quote Captain Mark

Jim, thanks for sharing your ride with the rest of us.

Lake Superior
Wisconsin
http://www.superiordaycruises.com
Back to Top Printable version View Captain Mark's Profile Search for other posts by Captain Mark

Swallowtail
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: January 30 2012 at 11:30 | IP Logged Quote Swallowtail

Hi,

We intend to pick up our boat from the yard towards the end of February. The name is to be changed to Peccatrix, as being a sailor converting to power is a sin in the eyes of our sailing friends. There will be a small sailing boat to go with her later called Exculpate.

This is the engine setup, twin Ford 2.5l Diesels. These are small truck engines of about 60HP each. As you can see the bilge was full of water from the leaking glands, I was not very impressed with the yard to allow the boat to get this bad, I don't think the yard will be looking after her in future.  Here is a picture of the engine bay, and my previous sailing boat.

Back to Top Printable version View Swallowtail's Profile Search for other posts by Swallowtail

Swallowtail
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: January 30 2012 at 11:33 | IP Logged Quote Swallowtail

Tamara a 1934 river cruiser my old boat sold last month.

Ian

JimInFla
"Deckhand"

Posted: January 30 2012 at 14:28 | IP Logged Quote JimInFla

Anyone looking to get into a 251... CHEAP?

http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/boa/2825585429.html

$900 with a "new" engine.

Good luck!

Jim

www.thehard6.com

smile n wave
"Deckhand"

Posted: January 30 2012 at 16:37 | IP Logged Quote smile n wave

Diver, from what you describe it sounds like you have a closed cooling system of which I have never had a boat wiht one.  Until smile wiht inboard was all outboards or IO's wiht raw water cool.  Glad all well and ended well wiht the repair.

Capt Mark what are you working on this winter?  I am keeping it simple with a microwave shelf, revarnish the swim deck, some small TLC items and possibly a tuneup this spring.  Runing good but thought might be time for plugs, wires, rotor, cap. 

smile n wave
"Deckhand"

Posted: January 30 2012 at 16:41 | IP Logged Quote smile n wave

Hey Ian, I'm not much of a sailboat guy but tamara is a thing of beauty.

Roy, I don't rev the engine as you suggest but I always run approx. 1000 rpm for 2-3 minutes before shutting down to make sure valves get cooled.

Brad

JimInFla
"Deckhand"

Posted: January 30 2012 at 17:07 | IP Logged Quote JimInFla

Smile n Wave,

Do you have a design for your shelf? I'm going to be doing
that soon also. I'd like to see what you came up with?

Jim

www.thehard6.com

Nauti Cat
"Commander"

Posted: January 30 2012 at 17:28 | IP Logged Quote Nauti Cat

just to chime in...My Way was open cooling (salt water) and every return to the dock I connected the fresh water garden hose to the Perko flush valve and ran the motor for 5 minutes.  About 2 minutes at idle (550 RPM), 10-15 seconds of high idle (about 2000 RPM) then a few more minutes at idle to ensure all the salt was flushed out and time for things to cool down. 

Ian, Tamara is a beauty of a sailboat.  During ownership of my My Way, I did raft up with a few sailors time to time.  They had no issue accepting a classic Chris Craft into their crowd.

"MY WAY"

Happy Hour III
"First Mate"

Posted: January 30 2012 at 18:51 | IP Logged Quote Happy Hour III

Thanks Tom anytime is good. If I miss your call I will call you back . Thanks again brother. ( Loved the Jeep videos )

As for flushing I too ALWAYS flush my strb motor . Port is fresh water cooled (dont ask lol . I learned a new trick I use "salt away" but  the trick is to leave it in the engine and it builds up a protective coating . When I return to dock I put the fresh water to my flush valve. While its running in Ill put some covers on etc. then run "Salt away in for a min or so " then shut it all down motor and house . leaving salt away in the motor.  The guy who put my motor in said" thats the best way to save $1200" for my fresh water cooling system. He showed me a motor that the guy did that and it liked fine. Amazing . So thats what I do. I will now add a rev to 1300 rpm .

Thanks Captin Mark ! Any who comes to Florida for a visit is always more than welcome to join me.

floater251
"Navigator"

Posted: January 30 2012 at 19:29 | IP Logged Quote floater251

Hey Guys! it's been awesome weather here so I have
been working some on the #2, mostly electrical and
mechanical, the cosmetics are on the back burner
(except I have been working on a table). One big pain
in the butt job will be replacing the hoses to the deck
drains, currently draining into the bilge. My birthday is
In April so me and some friends are planning on a river
trip to Charleston SC to celebrate. I'm reeeeeeally excited
to get her in the water for her trial runs.
I've been enjoying the pix and welcome the new members.
I can give the great mechanical advise the others can but
I can help out with any woodworking troubles.
The twin diesel set up.... Now that's the ticket! Slow cruise
at about two gallons an hour!!!
Good hearing from y'all! Have a great evening.
Floater.

boatman66
"Commander"

Posted: January 31 2012 at 10:09 | IP Logged Quote boatman66

WELL GUYS SWAMP BUGGIES WERE A REAL HOOT A WOMAN WON THE WHOLE THING IN A PRO MODIFIED BEAT THE PANTS OFF ANOTHER PRO MODIFIED!! ON ANOTHER NOTE IT'S ALMOST TIME-- I AM PULLING BOTH ENGINES FOR SUPER MAINT AND GOING TO BE DOING A LOT OF REWORK IN THE ENG BAYS--AS WELL AS HOPING TO PULL OR AT LEAST SUPER INSPECT MY 125 GALLON ALUMINUM FUEL TANK--ONE OF THE REASONS FOR YANKING THE ENGS IS TO REPLACE THE STEEL OIL PANS WITH THE ALUMINUM ONES OFF OF MY OLD 305"S WHICH I STILL HAVE- THAT SHOULD ENSURE THEIR LIFE FOR THE REST OF THE TIME I HAVE LEFT -  I WILL HOPEFULLY POST PICS OF THIS HUGE UNDERTAKING AS IT OCCURS--PROBABLY IN MARCH APRIL-THEN BACK ON THE WATER FOR THE SUMMER STAY TUNED 66

smile n wave
"Deckhand"

Posted: January 31 2012 at 14:35 | IP Logged Quote smile n wave

Jim, when I get it near done wil get some pics.  I have it built and need to "fit" it wiht some planing/sanding and cut couple holes for the power cord to pass thru.  I am going simple with a platform to raise the micro abiout 5-6" and be able to use the counter space underneath.  I know Capt Mark and one or two others actually built a cabinet on bow end of the galley for thier microwaves couple years back.  Brad

JimInFla
"Deckhand"

Posted: January 31 2012 at 15:18 | IP Logged Quote JimInFla

Brad,

I wonder if they would share their design sketches?

hint.. hint.. guys.

Jim

www.thehard6.com

boatman66
"Commander"

Posted: January 31 2012 at 15:25 | IP Logged Quote boatman66

HEY GUYS DIVER IS THE ONE WITH A INTERIOR HOW ABOUT IT DIVER ANY CHANCE YOU WOULD REPOST PICS OF YOUR INTERIOR???AND THERE WAS A GUY IN LOUISIANA THAT HAD A KILLER INTERIOR HIS POSTS ARE WAY BACK ON PAGE 20 OR SO

JimInFla
"Deckhand"

Posted: January 31 2012 at 15:45 | IP Logged Quote JimInFla

Personally, I'd like to commission Diver to make me a table
for my CC!

Jim

www.thehard6.com

Nauti Cat
"Commander"

Posted: January 31 2012 at 17:12 | IP Logged Quote Nauti Cat

Jim....Floater to make the table, Diver to make the overhead Microwave cabinet 

"MY WAY"

Nauti Cat
"Commander"

Posted: January 31 2012 at 17:14 | IP Logged Quote Nauti Cat

haha...I just realized:

Floater - goes to the surface

Diver - goes to the bottom

funny how things are so balanced 

"MY WAY"

Fly Bridge
"Navigator"

Posted: January 31 2012 at 17:20 | IP Logged Quote Fly Bridge

Capn's:   have a problem.  Must cut deck to allow both gas tanks (100 gal. each) to take out of bilge.  Port tank may be no good.  Strbd. is not leaking. 

What I desire to accomplish is, make a "Hatch" from existing deck. The "NEW Hatch", will incorporate the old Aft hatch.

My problem is deciding which way would be the BEST way to cut the deck.  I took photos.  I placed 2x4's on TOP of deck to SHOW where the STRINGERS are UNDER the deck.  I also marked BLACK LINES to show a BEAM to BEAM cut, which I THINK may work.   However, if I cut Beam to Beam, or AFT to FORWARD (joining both old hatches)  I WILL NEED TO CUT THE STRINGERS.

My thoughts are, there is TWO ways to CUT.   

1.  AFT to FORWARD, which will join old hatches.

2.   BEAM to BEAM (Black Lines)

Maybe someone has  experience with cutting a deck the BEST WAY, without doing alot of re-stringer work.    If more photos is needed, I'll post more photos.

Fly Bridge.....Dan

PHOTOS BELOW. 

Edited by Fly Bridge on January 31 2012 at 17:23

]
] ]
191 Pages « 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 »

Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
  ]
Printable version Printable version