View Last Post Viking Yachts Links
Last Post By: Viking44
Forum: Viking Yacht

Posted: April 17 2014 at: 06:32

View Last Post Amerosport 320
Last Post By: Jerry737
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: April 13 2014 at: 16:00

View Last Post Any Uniflite Owners near Berkeley CA???
Last Post By: concordian
Forum: Uniflite

Posted: March 08 2014 at: 02:27

View Last Post Inverter
Last Post By: eshover
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: February 03 2014 at: 11:32

]
] ]

Chris Craft
 BoatUS Boat Groups/Manufacturer Forums>>Chris Craft
Subject Topic: Catalina Owners Post ReplyPost New Topic
191 Pages « 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 »
] ] ]
]
Author
Message Prev Topic | Next Topic 
RUFF C's
"Seaman"

Posted: November 23 2011 at 00:52 | IP Logged Quote RUFF C's

Nice pix - I think Capt Heavy is right, that was a no wake
zone!!

PS - I couldn't agree with you more on the Lincoln - would
love to have a 63 lincoln convertible - suicide doors.
Awesome car...

Back to Top Printable version View RUFF C's's Profile Search for other posts by RUFF C's

floater251
"Navigator"

Posted: November 23 2011 at 05:40 | IP Logged Quote floater251

HH.... Nice!
Y'all have a Happy, Safe, and Blessed
Thanksgiving!
Floater.

boatman66
"Commander"

Posted: November 23 2011 at 08:06 | IP Logged Quote boatman66

HAPPY SOOOO NAUGHTY!!HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL

venny
"Seaman"

Posted: November 23 2011 at 08:13 | IP Logged Quote venny

florida looks good about now as Ma. is cold and boat on hard,we got a to small season up here

Nauti Cat
"Commander"

Posted: November 23 2011 at 08:33 | IP Logged Quote Nauti Cat

Quote: Happy Hour III

Naaa....Jim is at least a mile off shore, the houses in FL are just really big! 

"MY WAY"
Back to Top Printable version View Nauti Cat's Profile Search for other posts by Nauti Cat

Nauti Cat
"Commander"

Posted: November 23 2011 at 08:37 | IP Logged Quote Nauti Cat

I got to work at West Marine yesterday for a few hours, last time was during inventory in early October, still a lot of boaters winterizing here on LI but most boats are now out of the water. 

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

"MY WAY"
Back to Top Printable version View Nauti Cat's Profile Search for other posts by Nauti Cat

JimInFla
"Deckhand"

Posted: November 23 2011 at 09:22 | IP Logged Quote JimInFla

2011-11-22_224323_cat_and_jim.jpg">

Love the photo! Isn't it great to be able to still use our boats at
Thanksgiving?

Jim

www.thehard6.com
Back to Top Printable version View JimInFla's Profile Search for other posts by JimInFla

RUFF C's
"Seaman"

Posted: November 23 2011 at 10:55 | IP Logged Quote RUFF C's

Guys why is it that this forum is so hard to post a pix on. I'm
trying to upload a jpg file that less than 100kb and it doesn't
upload? All I get is text with the name of the picture?

Back to Top Printable version View RUFF C's's Profile Search for other posts by RUFF C's

RUFF C's
"Seaman"

Posted: November 23 2011 at 10:58 | IP Logged Quote RUFF C's

23_105740_sand_pensacola_beach.jpg">

This is the jibberish I get when trying to post a pix?

goodsign
"Seaman"

Posted: November 23 2011 at 12:21 | IP Logged Quote goodsign

Hello All,

Jim, HH III is a beautiful Catalina. I like the look of the tinted side cabin windows & the background scenery with sun dappled palm trees is appealing (especially to we cold weather folk). I hope all have a thanksgiving surrounded with family & friends. 

Remember, fellow northern boaters, only six months until May.

Safe Boating All, John

1964 C.C. Sea Skiff 28' (wood)Central Pa.
Back to Top Printable version View goodsign's Profile Search for other posts by goodsign

Berg
"Deckhand"

Posted: November 23 2011 at 15:00 | IP Logged Quote Berg

Tom- I was in at West Marine a few weeks ago, I was hoping I'd bump into you. I haven't used my boat all season but it looks like it will get to be a tug boat this weekend to move a houseboat without engines and an old Egg Harbor that has to be pulled to a marina from its resting place for the last few years. It only has maybe 20 minutes run time on it since the heads have been put back on. Where did the summer go? Well, Happy Thanksgiving guys-Hope all is well. HHIII- I do believe that is a No-Wake zone but if a tree falls in the forest and nobody is around...

Eastern Suffolk County
Long Island, NY
Back to Top Printable version View Berg's Profile Search for other posts by Berg

Capt. Heavy
"First Mate"

Posted: November 23 2011 at 23:42 | IP Logged Quote Capt. Heavy

Hello, All! Floater, good to hear from you. Venny, don't know how you guys can stand it up there. N.J. and De. was bad enough, I had to get out of Dodge!!

O.K. I have to rub it in just a little. While the weather has been very windy here in SE Florida,  it has been rather warm. Went fishing on a friends 28 bertram yesterday and caught 2 dolphin and 1 black fin tuna. Took the Boss's family snorkleing on His Donzi today and the water temp was (wait for it!!) 79 degrees. In late November. I'm never leaving.

OK, enough gloating!!

Happy thanksgiving to all, JimHH, Floater, Berg, Boatman, Ruff, Pop Pop, Red Baron, Jim in Fl, Goodsign, Nauti, Diver and everyone else, stay safe, warm and be thankful for our troops who help keep us safe. Nite Y'all!!!! H.

Edited by Capt. Heavy on November 23 2011 at 23:44

RickP
"Seaman"

Posted: November 24 2011 at 08:56 | IP Logged Quote RickP

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I wish the water temp was near 80 here! About the only thing your catching here is hyperthermia! I have a side job coming in today! My Sister/Brother-in-law have a mid 90's Baja that is mint, hardly used! The problem with it, is the colors at the time where purple and teal...so we are taking out the interior, re-painting graphics, etc. to modernize her a little.

Dewy
"Deckhand"

Posted: November 24 2011 at 10:22 | IP Logged Quote Dewy

To ALL CAPTAINS,

HAPPY THANKSGIVING. Today and everyday is the reason behind this day, to be thankful for loveones and all that you have or had. Hope all of you will be blessed with your dreams.

Back to Top Printable version View Dewy's Profile Search for other posts by Dewy

diveryates
"Lieutenant"

Posted: November 24 2011 at 11:40 | IP Logged Quote diveryates

Ahoy the fleet,

Things I'm thankful for:

A terrific group who share the same boating passion...on the same boat too! How cool is that?

A great boat that's dry, works, floats and smells good inside...

A slip in the City...

Last and certainly not least:  A good woman. We just celibrated our 25th annaversery- Where does time go? 25 years seems like nothing- life is good! 

Anyway, have a great Thanksgiving everyone!

Roy (Diver)

Nauti Cat
"Commander"

Posted: November 26 2011 at 20:06 | IP Logged Quote Nauti Cat

what a great day today weather-wise...65 and sunny, almost no wind.  kinda makes me wish I could go for a boat ride.  Lucky are those northeasterners who stayed in the water, I am sure it was worth it!

hope everyone did not eat too much, still working on all the leftovers here.

"MY WAY"

Capt. Heavy
"First Mate"

Posted: November 26 2011 at 23:45 | IP Logged Quote Capt. Heavy

Hey, Gang. Hope everyone made it through the holiday weekend without adding too much ballast!!!

Dewey, hope you are getting better!   JimHH, if this wind ever stops blowin' maybe we can leave the dock.

Diver, congrats on 25, Bonnie and I have 27 comming up. JimHH, Sunshine and you have a long way to catch up !! Nite, All, H.

Happy Hour III
"First Mate"

Posted: November 27 2011 at 10:40 | IP Logged Quote Happy Hour III

Thanks guys and it was a wake zone . Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving weekend. As capt H said been very windy down here. We are getting ready for the Christmas Boat Parade next weekend . My wife made a lighthouse for the bow looks great ."we are going to need a bigger boat"  Looking forward to it .

Boat man  do you know a place we can rent dj speakers in stuart ????  I used to goto same ash  music but up here there are not any. I have a good sound system on the boat how ever I like to put a speaker up on the bow and in the stern so people can really hear our xmas tunes . any thoughts. I have to say the christmas boat parade is magical. Simply an amazing night . 

hope everyone is still reading this forum ???  Have a great week and I will post pictures next week. Capt H hope to see you soon . Say Hello to the Ms for us .

Back to Top Printable version View Happy Hour III's Profile Search for other posts by Happy Hour III

Happy Hour III
"First Mate"

Posted: November 27 2011 at 10:50 | IP Logged Quote Happy Hour III

fyi Tom If I was up there in NY, you and I would have taken the HHIII out yesterday . I was one of those guys who pulled out very late and I was in very early . I got a 9 mouth boating season up there. The HHIII did chop a light layer of ice once . I always stayed in to the last possible time. I was spent Thanksgiving aboard the HHIII and it was a great one

Back to Top Printable version View Happy Hour III's Profile Search for other posts by Happy Hour III

Captain Mark
"First Mate"

Posted: November 27 2011 at 11:38 | IP Logged Quote Captain Mark

Hello forum, back on line and looking forward to getting back into the groove of the forum.  I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.  I have the Rob Roy all tucked away in my shop for the winter.  I'll start on my projects very soon.

I will redo my swim platform again.  It's my beleif that whatever you use, it will not last more than 2 seasons.  A person could save time and cut corners and redo it every season.  It might be better to spend 2 hours a year on it verses 8 hours every 2 years.  I like using the MinWax Helmsman varnish.  It seems to do a good job on the semi protected wood.

Rub rail is located in PA by a vender whos name I don't know, but Bob at Chris Parts.com has it.  It's over $8/ft.  I took mine off twice and made it look new both times.

Jim, that ladder you have seems to be an after market or just plain wrong.  The one I have is bolted on with 6 bolts and a lot of reinforcement.

Lake Superior
Wisconsin
http://www.superiordaycruises.com
Back to Top Printable version View Captain Mark's Profile Search for other posts by Captain Mark

JimInFla
"Deckhand"

Posted: November 27 2011 at 13:03 | IP Logged Quote JimInFla

Capt. Mark,

I think the latter is true. Just plain wrong.

Check this out though:

image=39049449&event=1368829&CategoryID=10519&picnu
m=12&move=B#Image">

www.thehard6.com
Back to Top Printable version View JimInFla's Profile Search for other posts by JimInFla

Happy Hour III
"First Mate"

Posted: November 27 2011 at 17:07 | IP Logged Quote Happy Hour III

Capt Mark Glad to hear you are all set. good hearing from you

Nauti Cat
"Commander"

Posted: November 27 2011 at 17:39 | IP Logged Quote Nauti Cat

fyi Tom If I was up there in NY, you and I would have taken the HHIII out yesterday . I was one of those guys who pulled out very late and I was in very early . I got a 9 mouth boating season up there. The HHIII did chop a light layer of ice once . I always stayed in to the last possible time. I was spent Thanksgiving aboard the HHIII and it was a great one

I hear ya Jim, I was always winterizing the boats in December.  Had left the My Way in until first week of December once, that was some great boating but every year she'd be in until the second half of November.  One year before I got the Catalina, I winterized the Seaswirl on 12/23 and wouldn't you know it, Christmas eve that year it was 65 degrees!  Thought about de-winterizing it for one last ride but then I would have had to do the whole process over again...maybe next time.

"MY WAY"

Capt. Heavy
"First Mate"

Posted: November 27 2011 at 23:20 | IP Logged Quote Capt. Heavy

Hey, Gang. Capt. Mark, good to hear from ya!. JimHH good luck in the boat parade, hope the weather is good for you.

Before moving Mystic Diver II to Florida, we spent many days fishing into late november, a few days when it snowed (lightly) on the upper Chesapeake Bay. And didn't catch any fish! Nite, Y'all, H.

boatman66
"Commander"

Posted: November 29 2011 at 08:29 | IP Logged Quote boatman66

HAPPY 3-- SORRY CAN'T HELP YOU WITH PA FOR BOAT--YOU WILL NEED AN AMP FOR IT THOUGH-AS YOUR SOUND SYSTEM WON'T DO THE JOB-AND THOSE KAREOKE THINGS REALLY ARE FOR A SMALL ROOM--TRY THE YELLOW PAGES MAY BE A GUY THERE THAT RENTS THE EQUIPMENT--WIFE AND I ARE GOING OUT FOR OUR BOAT PARADE THIS YEAR ON SALLY AND JUST STAY ON THE SIDELINES AND WATCH--I RESIGNED FROM THE COMMITEE SO I HAVE MORE TIME TO PLAY 15 YEARS WAS ENOUGH

JimInFla
"Deckhand"

Posted: November 29 2011 at 21:35 | IP Logged Quote JimInFla

HHIII - Give a call to the local music store - maybe guitar
center. They may be able to rent you a guitar amp or DJ gear.
That should be plenty loud enough!

Jim

www.thehard6.com

boatman66
"Commander"

Posted: December 04 2011 at 09:20 | IP Logged Quote boatman66

FOLLOWING PICS SHOW THE LATEST 1ST STAGE OF MY CONVERTIBLE TOP THE NEW TOP WILL BE READY IN A WEEK OR SO MEANWHILE I HAVE SOME WORK TO DO ON THE BOWS--THEY ARE ALL PITTED AND NEED BOATMANS SPECIAL TREATMENT--I AM GOING TO SAND THEM -PRIMER THEM -AND PAINT THEM USING APPLIANCE EPOXY YELLOW THEY WILL MATCH THE WINDSHIELD FRAME AND THE BINNACLES ON THE HELM--I AM HAVING TWO CUTOUTS INSTALLED IN THE TOP FOR VENTILATION THEY WILL BE ZIPPERED AND HAVE A VELCRO STRIP FOR SECURING WHEN OPEN  HOPEFULLY THIS WILL BE A CURE FOR THE VENTILATION PROBLEM DURING THE SUMMER WHEN IT IS SO HOT UNDER THE TOP EVEN WITH THE WINGS OPEN

boatman66
"Commander"

Posted: December 04 2011 at 09:24 | IP Logged Quote boatman66

PITTED NEED NEW

boatman66
"Commander"

Posted: December 04 2011 at 09:25 | IP Logged Quote boatman66

DOWNRIGHT UGLY!

boatman66
"Commander"

Posted: December 04 2011 at 09:26 | IP Logged Quote boatman66

BAD PITTING BREAK OUT THE PAINT!!

boatman66
"Commander"

Posted: December 04 2011 at 09:28 | IP Logged Quote boatman66

FWD LOOK NO TOP

Nauti Cat
"Commander"

Posted: December 04 2011 at 10:59 | IP Logged Quote Nauti Cat

cool project Pete...will be nicer to handle the top hardware, I hate touching pitted, tarnished hardware.  Luckily for me, My Way had all the top hardware replaced with SS including the bows.  I was hoping to replace the pitted and cracked stern and bow rail fittings but new SS is so expensive...even with the WestMarine discount.

"MY WAY"

floater251
"Navigator"

Posted: December 04 2011 at 12:00 | IP Logged Quote floater251

Boatman, before you start painting, goto www.sharkhide.com
They did a project with that last week on shipshape tv on a
badly pitted t-top. Pretty amazing stuff.

JimInFla
"Deckhand"

Posted: December 04 2011 at 12:20 | IP Logged Quote JimInFla

Hey Boatman,

I have to agree with Floater. I saw that episode of ShipShape and that Sharkhide looks pretty cool. My only concern is what it would do to fiberglass. I thought the look of the "satin" would look really great on our boats, but there is just no way I want to take off that windshield.

As an aside... What is that on the cabin top right at the front center of your windshield? Is that a vent?

Jim

www.thehard6.com

floater251
"Navigator"

Posted: December 04 2011 at 14:37 | IP Logged Quote floater251

FL Jim, I facebook'd John G about it after the show
thinking the same thing about the windshield, was
told it's ok to get on the glass but to keep a hose
handy to keep it from sitting on it to long. I was
pretty impressed with the results on the show, I'd
like to do it on my window frames and rails...
Some day....
Winterized the #2 yesterday, was going through
some boxes of stuff inside and found there to be
what appears to be an enclosure of some kind. Not
sure what all it covers but looks like side curtains
that zip to the top with a flap that goes just to the
rear of the seats. The isinglass is in bad shape but the
cloth and zippers are still good. Next spring I will see
how it goes together. I did bring the table home to
make a pattern for my winter project.
Floater.

boatman66
"Commander"

Posted: December 04 2011 at 17:35 | IP Logged Quote boatman66

YES I SAW THE SHARKHIDE SHOW VERY IMPRESSIVE --BUT----ONCE I DO THE BOWS THEY WILL STAY THAT WAY ALL I NEED DO IS USE WINDEX AND SHAZAM CLEAN!THE VENT THING CENTER OF WINDSHIELD IS A SOLAR POWERED CABIN FAN VENT THAT KEEPS THE MILDEW OUT AND IT REALLY WORKS-- VERY VERY HUMID IN S/W FLA-- IF I LEAVE THE HEAD DOOR CLOSED THE HEAD MILDEWS RIGHT UP LEAVING THE DOOR OPEN NO MILDEW--I WILL POST PICS OF MY PROCESS FOR THE BOWS-- THE DECK BEHIND THE W/S WAS DONE WHEN THE W/S WAS OFF IT'S A GRAPHIC OF ALL THE EDIBLE FISH IN THE GULF AND IS ALSO EASILY CLEANABLE

Happy Hour III
"First Mate"

Posted: December 04 2011 at 17:47 | IP Logged Quote Happy Hour III

Hello Caps , Well we did the Stuart Christmas boat Parade ! What a magical night. Many boats out there all looking good . We had great sound and lights. Choppy and very windy but the Chris Craft did great. If I ever bring my boat back north I will start a christmas boat parade ! This was my 8th year of doing them and they are great . I have a few pictures . Let me know what think. Really an amazing night !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JimInFla
"Deckhand"

Posted: December 04 2011 at 20:23 | IP Logged Quote JimInFla

Hey Jim (HHIII)

Great Photos!

We did the Julington Creek parade last night. I have to
admit it was odd seeing another Catalina with Christmas
lights on it that wasn't ours!

http://photos.jacksonville.com/mycapture/folder.asp?
event=1373115&CategoryID=10519&ListSubAlbums=1

We had a great time too. The people along the creek go
nuts decorating and they have big yard parties where they
have bonfires and shoot off an insane amount of fireworks.

We won't miss it again next year!

Jim

www.thehard6.com

JimInFla
"Deckhand"

Posted: December 04 2011 at 20:32 | IP Logged Quote JimInFla

Quote: floater251
FL Jim, I facebook'd John G about it
after the show
thinking the same thing about the windshield, was
told it's ok to get on the glass but to keep a hose
handy to keep it from sitting on it to long. I was
pretty impressed with the results on the show, I'd
like to do it on my window frames and rails...
Some day....
Winterized the #2 yesterday, was going through
some boxes of stuff inside and found there to be
what appears to be an enclosure of some kind. Not
sure what all it covers but looks like side curtains
that zip to the top with a flap that goes just to the
rear of the seats. The isinglass is in bad shape but the
cloth and zippers are still good. Next spring I will see
how it goes together. I did bring the table home to
make a pattern for my winter project.
Floater.

Floater,

Did you see the episode where they used Flitz to clean the
isenglass?

I would love to have a table like yours, but I don't think I
have the wooworking skills any more. I would like to know
what the process is like? (Removing the trim, cutting the
new one, replacing the trim.

I was at a place called Sailor's Exchnage in St Augustine
and picked up some plywood out of a parted out boat that
looks like this:

http://img.archiexpo.com/images_ae/photo-m2/wooden-
laminated-panel-marine-plywood-for-floors-270581.jpg

I may just use that... unless you'd like to make 2 tables? to
help pay for the first? :)

Jimm2/wooden-laminated-panel-marine-plywood-for-floors-
270581.jpg">

Edited by JimInFla on December 04 2011 at 20:33

www.thehard6.com

Nauti Cat
"Commander"

Posted: December 04 2011 at 20:36 | IP Logged Quote Nauti Cat

great photos Jim...the HH III is totally 'decked' out!

"MY WAY"

]
] ]
191 Pages « 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 »

Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
  ]
Printable version Printable version