View Last Post Viking Yachts Links
Last Post By: Viking44
Forum: Viking Yacht

Posted: April 17 2014 at: 06:32

View Last Post Amerosport 320
Last Post By: Jerry737
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: April 13 2014 at: 16:00

View Last Post Any Uniflite Owners near Berkeley CA???
Last Post By: concordian
Forum: Uniflite

Posted: March 08 2014 at: 02:27

View Last Post Inverter
Last Post By: eshover
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: February 03 2014 at: 11:32

]
] ]

Chris Craft
 BoatUS Boat Groups/Manufacturer Forums>>Chris Craft
Subject Topic: Catalina Owners Post ReplyPost New Topic
191 Pages « 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »
] ] ]
]
Author
Message Prev Topic | Next Topic 
floater251
"Navigator"

Posted: July 25 2008 at 18:50 | IP Logged Quote floater251

bill, can a non slip be added and rolled on? and can it also be painted on the deck going around the sides and bow? i do walk barefooted around the boat to set anchor and to tie off. if nicely taped off, can i use a different shade like on the floor?

floater

suwanneered
"Deckhand"

Posted: July 25 2008 at 20:28 | IP Logged Quote suwanneered

Hey Floater:
The way that Chris Craft got the non skid finish was with a short nap roller and it was gelcoat.They rolled it on and just before it kicked they rolled it and it picked it up causing the rough surface it has no other additives in it. Yes you can do the non skid areas in a different shade.I had a problem that was costly as I ran out of the special color I was using and had the re-order again.UGH  You can buy a gallon with the wax in it from Hamilton Marine they are big on Commercial stuff and are located in Maine.Good place to shop on line also<WWW.Hamilton Marine.com> Check them out as they are cheaper most on the time than West Marine and you  don't have to pay sales tax as they don't have any stores outside of Maine.

It will take a lot more Gelcoat than paint as it is thick and goes on Heavier and  don't go as far also what ever you put the Cat in you must use pronto or it will be hard .
See Ya,Bill
Back to Top Printable version View suwanneered's Profile Search for other posts by suwanneered

boatman66
"Commander"

Posted: July 26 2008 at 09:30 | IP Logged Quote boatman66

Hey FLOATER:I used a non skid from west marine on my deck,just lightly sanded the original non skid,filled the cracks,with the gelcoat tubes,the little ones, sanded them and rolled two coats,came out real nice.the new antiskid is sand based and is holding up well.that's about as cheap as it gets.I used the blue masking tape as it is made for painting on boats as it does not leave a residue behind.Bill is right,paint is easier than gel.and a darker color will be ok a lighter color will allow the darker original color to show thru.good luck.  CAPT H. still working on the hho thing.a buddy and I are going to make one this week,if you don't hear from me soon I'll have blown upI'm thinkin maybe a hho hooked to a small engine hooked to a a/c gen etc.etc.

floater251
"Navigator"

Posted: July 26 2008 at 13:26 | IP Logged Quote floater251

Wow! thanks for all the responces. im planning to go to the floater today after work and snap some pix for som more advice, thats if the rain holds out. im also going to atempt to replace the alternator belt!!!

about the hho...i dont have the site name with me, but one of my suburban customers ordered a unit that also has some kind of pre catalyst reburn system. it reburns the fuel in the exhaust before it goes through the cat. really confusing, i'll post the link later. but according to the manufacturer, he was instructed by the us government to keep his design under lock and key. i guess he wasnt up for any hush money. my customer asked me if we would install it..what the h, why not! it should be in in about 2 weeks. we will see....

boatman, the gel in a tube....is that like a culk? would maine tex work?

thanks ya'll, floater

Nauti Cat
"Commander"

Posted: July 26 2008 at 21:37 | IP Logged Quote Nauti Cat

Hi guys,

My cockpit deck is the original white/off white and looks like it is 23 years old.  I was planning to get a snap-in indoor/outdoor carpet made until if/when I can invest some serious time and money. 

I just spent 8 hours today on the boat getting a lot of work done:  finished installing a new galley faucet, installed the new water pressure pump, found the water heater leaks from all corners so I by-passed it for now, re-did all the head pluming connections (still have to do the shower drain and test that pump), replaced the fresh water tank fill tube and vent hose, thank goodness there is only one motor in there, I'd hate to see what it is like with twins.  I also put the blowers back together (they are still working - fingers crossed).  Tomorrow we'll head to Fire Island (ocean beaches) and do some relaxin'.  Phew!

Tom

"MY WAY"
Back to Top Printable version View Nauti Cat's Profile Search for other posts by Nauti Cat

boatman66
"Commander"

Posted: July 27 2008 at 08:08 | IP Logged Quote boatman66

Way to go Nuati-Cat!!enjoy the day.There was just a thing on I think hbo about fire island and it's history--quite a place!!On the twins,all of the accessories-water tank etc are not with the engines they are spread out thru the boat,from bow to stern.the twins take up all the space for themselves,when I have the hatches off the next time,I'll post a couple of pix..not today,raining,so I'll watch the brickyard 400 and do some chores and swig a few..take care..

boatman66
"Commander"

Posted: July 27 2008 at 08:18 | IP Logged Quote boatman66

Floater-yes the gel is in a very small squeeze tube and comes in certain colors.of course you have to wait for it to cure before sanding,but it seems to do really well for spider cracks.if you have a lot of spider cracks in a certain area,check for structure integrity,as it could be a sign of stress,and should be addressed.Alternator belts are a pain,but the reward is good,I use gator belts on mine,they have teeth and seem to grip the pulleys better.Also be sure and check the main flywheel pulley for any rust etc."a clean pulley is no bully" 

floater251
"Navigator"

Posted: July 27 2008 at 19:42 | IP Logged Quote floater251

good evening all! not a bad day. me and my buddy (rob from the coastguard) went cruising on the floater. his dad owned cc's all his life. i asked him about the boats performance and handling. i have been worried about the about how it feels like the rear drops unsrt 3500 rpm. looks like the big money winter project will be the trim tabs along with the topside painting. i did get some pix of the floor. i think boatmans idea will work.

thanks, floater

boatman66
"Commander"

Posted: July 28 2008 at 08:38 | IP Logged Quote boatman66

Floater:so glad you had a good day on the waterWOW that is a lot of cracking.It looks as though the whole coat has gone south--(chime in here guys)I think you may want to heavy sand the whole thing and then seal with a thin putty type filler,resand and apply a fresh new coat of rollable nonskid deck paint such as Interlux ready mixed polyurethane non skid finish the small tubes are really small and you would need a lot of them.there are bigger kits of gel out there,but it would require a lot more work.just food for thought.

suwanneered
"Deckhand"

Posted: July 28 2008 at 16:06 | IP Logged Quote suwanneered

Hey Flaoter: That deck looks just like mine did also had lots of cracks in the gelcoat.I just sanded it down with some rough sand paper till the cracks were gone. and regelcoated it with a roller.Had to tape it off of course.ha I took the doors off and they had a smooth area around the edges and I resprayed them and rolled the rest it went fairly smooth. I am in the process of getting my new cables and control lever installed.Lots of work...Ha See Ya,Bill
Back to Top Printable version View suwanneered's Profile Search for other posts by suwanneered

floater251
"Navigator"

Posted: July 30 2008 at 21:55 | IP Logged Quote floater251

good evening all! its almost friday!!!! i posted the floater in the charlotte nc craigslist. so, if she does not sell, i will definately refinish the floor. i think besides some top side buffing, thats all she really needs to look...well...perfect! shame to need to sell her. i will for sure when finances allow me, WILL get another catalina.

thanks ya'll! floater

Nauti Cat
"Commander"

Posted: July 30 2008 at 22:15 | IP Logged Quote Nauti Cat

hang in there floater...I checked out your ad, she's a good looking boat...hold out for your price.  (may want to edit the year...1882 listed but I am sure most will know Chirs Smith did not build that one himself ).

We went for a quick cruise this evening, feels like the bottom or running gear is a bit fouled...not using it as much as I would like.  Will have it short hauled soon to check things out, getting a little vibration at lower RPM and she seems to be working a little hard above 2500 rpm to maintain a plane.

I am still getting a lot of exhaust fumes, I checked everything I can will need to get a pro to look at it soon.

Tom

"MY WAY"
Back to Top Printable version View Nauti Cat's Profile Search for other posts by Nauti Cat

boatman66
"Commander"

Posted: July 31 2008 at 09:45 | IP Logged Quote boatman66

Hi all--well I've got a busy week ahead,my oldest daughter and tribe are headed south from massachusetts tonight,(husband, three boys,two girls and one girlfriend, total 8)bummed four spare lifevests off of my neighbor,nice guy,and topped off the fuel today, now to clean sally,we are going to use the you know what out of her..do some fishin,beachin,sunsetin.we will see how sally does with that many people on board,I'm positive it will be a lot of slow ahead speeds as I don't really want to strain her. I'm calculating an extra 1800 ponds of weight on board with that many people, so caution will be the theme of the day..

Capt. Heavy
"First Mate"

Posted: July 31 2008 at 10:30 | IP Logged Quote Capt. Heavy

Hey, Boatman, sounds like fun. Hope the weather holds out for you. Got hammered over here the last 2 afternoons. You got a lot of ponies under the deck so you should be o.k. If not, slow down and enjoy the view. Been under the weather the last few weeks, so havn't been using Mystic Diver. Maybe this weekend. See ya. Capt. Heavy

suwanneered
"Deckhand"

Posted: August 03 2008 at 08:16 | IP Logged Quote suwanneered

Hi Floater:
I also looked at your 251 and it looks really good! I hate to see you sell however I know all about that kind of situation.I have had to do the same many times in my life time.
I guess I am the oldest one on this forum as I am going to be 73 on the 10th of August.So  hang on and come back strong!!Maybe things will turn around soon for you I sure hope so.A boat is a lot of enjoyment and it is hard not to over do it on spending on them as I have 2 here and need to sell one of them.ha Looks like gas is coming down in price some so that should help everyone some what.I will be watching for your post,Thanks and good luck what ever that you do!! Bill

suwanneered
"Deckhand"

Posted: August 03 2008 at 12:40 | IP Logged Quote suwanneered

Hi Roy:
I was wondering if you could tell me something about the wiring on the 120Vconverter to 12 volts? I have the 120 wire with goound connected and have three large wires for the 12 volts system one is white for the netural and one black  and one Red.Can you tell me where they hook up at the panel and at the converter?
Is the red wire for the charging of the batteries.
It took the battery isolater off as it was bad and and I have a pro mariner charger that I just installed. I need to know where the wires go as they are not on my Chris craft Diagram.Thanks,Bill

diveryates
"Lieutenant"

Posted: August 03 2008 at 18:22 | IP Logged Quote diveryates

Bill,

AC power comes onto the boat thru the main AC breaker panel. Then AC power runs thru the Rectifier breaker to the Converter.  Converter uses only Line and neutral AC wires. AC ground wire is chassis ground- not connected to the neutral wire.

The Black and white wires are the 12vdc output from the converter. I can only guess that the red wire is a second positive 12vdc for battery charging(?). Tracing and reading that lead with a voltmeter/multimeter may be necessary to confirm function. For further info go to palmbeachgmc.com/miscellaneous  . Refer to the Litton Triad-Utrad converter manual- it's the original unit in the 280s and was also used on GM Rv's. The red wire is not shown in the schematic. However, the converter had many applications and C.C. probobly added the red wire for some reason.

The idea is that a Positive wire runs from the dc output of the converter and taps into the boats 12dc buss, usually at the isolator output lug- eg: one wire from the converter to the isolator lug and one wire from the isolator lug to the the DC breaker panel buss. Both wires are connected to the isolator lug along with the starter cable. The negetive wire from the converter goes to the negitive DC buss. &l t;/p>

On our boat, there was a redundancy: one wire going from the isolator lug/DC breaker panel and then also through the starter cable (hence to the DC panel buss too). The reason for converter 12vdc at the isolator lug was twofold:  12vdc supply to the DC breaker panel buss and a battery charge voltage.

I installed a smart charger as you are doing.  For the new charger's AC supply, I tapped into the AC line running the converter right where the AC line goes into it, thus using the Rectifier breaker as the Charger on/off Switch too. Then I ran the charger output(s) directly to the batteries.  I disconnected the Converter positive wire and the DC breaker Panel Buss Feed Wire from the isolator lug. I then shorted them together, bypassing the isolator (old battery charge voltage from the converter) but still supplying 12vdc to the DC buss.

The isolator is important. If you have two or more batteries, have a isolator correctly installed to ensure good charging. It protects them from unexpected discharge due to alternator or battery(s) failure.  

Isolators are very robust. It might be a good idea to confirm failure. The way to check: mark the connections, take the unit out of curcuit and test for diode function. 

Roy (Diver) 

Edited by Sonja Lowe on September 23 2013 at 23:52

BillB
"Seaman"

Posted: August 03 2008 at 18:41 | IP Logged Quote BillB

Pardon my ignorance, but what is a converter in our 280's, and where do I find it in the boat?
I'm looking for a wiring diagram; tried the Museum, but they are moving, and won't be available to service requests until the fall.
Is the converter same as a battery charger?

Bill

suwanneered
"Deckhand"

Posted: August 03 2008 at 20:42 | IP Logged Quote suwanneered

Hi Bill B: The converter is located on the port side in the rear,its is behind the fuel tank on the port side in my 280.The original was damaged as the boat I bought was sunk in a hurricane and then left with out any attention for about 2 years so all was bad lugs rusted shut,etc,motor frozen with rust,Everything is new on my 280 due to that.ha costly for sure.The converter has 2 sets of wires one wire is 120 volts to supply it and the other are for 12 supply from the 120 volt power source. You might not have one it may be a extra on some boats but I would say you have the same and it is working proper or you would know it.Do you have shore power in the form of a cord in a box behind a 6 inch  access hole? Read Roy's post to me after you check and see you have a converter.You should have a isolator located somewhere close to the batteries on the wall kinda in front of the altenator.Hope this helps,Bill

suwanneered
"Deckhand"

Posted: August 03 2008 at 21:01 | IP Logged Quote suwanneered

HI Roy: I tried to access the site where the manual is located. NO LUCK!tried several times. Have you accessed this site ? Maybe I am not getting the address correct. Ha See Ya,Thanks for the information guess I need to get a new isolator and hope to get it installed correct.I installed my battery charger and already had a heavy cord installed as I was going to put in a inverter but since I got all the cost sorta scrapped the idea for awhile. I have 3 Batteries. 1 for starter and the other 2 hooked together for the house. I also have a 2000e Honda Genny for extended stays. Thanks again,Bill

diveryates
"Lieutenant"

Posted: August 03 2008 at 21:54 | IP Logged Quote diveryates

Sorry Bill-

Suggest a search for the 'Triad-Utrad' - you should come up with it. Yup- been on the site- it's for the GM RV stuff as mentioned.  The info is useful but really gets us no further than what I mentioned other than unit demention, Current draw etc-Also the original Norcold refer manual is there -very cool -no pun. If no sucess, I'll try to link you again. 

We also use the Honda Geeny occationally, mostly to run our commercial strength two speed Marg. mixer.

Roy

BillB
"Seaman"

Posted: August 03 2008 at 22:41 | IP Logged Quote BillB

Hey Roy:
Saw in a previous post you had a wiring diagram as a Jpeg. Could I have a copy?
If so, could you please send it to:
mmmmmmbill at earthlink.net

Thanks very much
Bill B

redbarontu
"Seaman"

Posted: August 03 2008 at 23:20 | IP Logged Quote redbarontu

Hello cat owners; have been away for a while therefore not very active on the foram; I have read thru a lot of pages that I missed. you guys had some interesting "stuff" going on. hope all the problems are solved and all boats going strong.  Boatman thanks for asking about me; Your sister ship in doing great and looking pretty. Red Baron is as good mechanical as I cam make her right now. As previously stated I wound up pouring in more money than I intended to. There are lots more projects that I would like to do but very timid about any further investment. I've even considered going the route that Floater is taking and list her for sale. But like all pretty girls it would be hard to let her go. Also the market for twin engine gas loving boat is totaly flat in this area. and last but not least I would have to take a big $$$ hit. Soooo probably no decision will relate to continuning  to hang on and hope for something good to happen as to fuel pricing.

Will try to check in more frequently in the future; Hope you guys will keep up the good postings they are both entertaining and Educational for me. We have some good talent on board. I print off some of the comments for my Cataling file.          REDBARON @ ORIENTAL NC.

suwanneered
"Deckhand"

Posted: August 04 2008 at 17:37 | IP Logged Quote suwanneered

Hi Roy:
Thanks for the information! I hope to get it straightened out soon guess I should get another isolator. I put in a fridge that is not 12 V only 110 so it works on 120V only.It is one at Lowes and not very expensive so I will try it and if the need arises I will try to locate a 12-120v one.Yes a fellow need
s plenty of power to make the slushy Margerita's for sure..
Got my Pro Mariner 3 banks battery charger installed and it works great so far.
See Ya,Bill  When I get totally done I will post some of the interior.

diveryates
"Lieutenant"

Posted: August 04 2008 at 18:45 | IP Logged Quote diveryates

A pleasure sir...

I was reviewing my connections chart  for the isolartor: (I made a 'connections-list' when I traced all of Lorelei's wiring- very useful!)

'A' lug> altenator output , #1 lug>starter (& thus to the #1 Bat. Pos+), 'B' lug> #2 Bat Pos+. The isolator I have is factory and thus has a 3rd diode for 3 battery configurations- it's just not used.

Before I dissconnected the converter/VDC buss wires, they were at the 'A' lug. This helps explain the isolator's function - Altinator charge current flows to the batteries- the isolator diodes prevents a reversing of current direction which discharges batteries.

You have 3 batteries charged by the altenator. Use a 3 diode isolator- one for each battery. 

The main starter cable runs from center lug on the battery switch.

Discussing electricals is an art in itself. Clear, accurate discriptions bring good understanding. I'll try to do better!

Sorry for the confusion!!

Diver

suwanneered
"Deckhand"

Posted: August 04 2008 at 21:50 | IP Logged Quote suwanneered

Roy: That helps to explain things alot! Thanks very much> I have it now wire in this configuration,Just like a auto only 1 Battery being charged by the altenator which is the engine battery.The other 2 are house batteries and at the present time they can only be charged by shore power or genny.
I suppose most of my use will be shore power and short trips from the marina as I will be on the Tennessee River just south of Chattanooga,Tenn.My main objective now is to get it finished and in the water so I can figure what else I really need, I hope splash time is soon!!Ha Thanks again,Bill

suwanneered
"Deckhand"

Posted: August 04 2008 at 22:00 | IP Logged Quote suwanneered

Hi Red Baron: I was wondering where you had gone to as no post in a while. Hang On now no selling out!!Ha Just kidding things in the boat world are really slow and tons of boats are out there for as song. I don't think it is just the fuel its self as it has driven up everything else in price. a half gallon of milk is almost 4.00  as everything  goes up people are getting tight and selling off stuff they really don't need and the boat is first to go. I have 1 set up for fishing off shore and really need to sell it but  doubt if that will happen.It is a John Allmand that I spent aton on and will never get  any where close to what I spent on it back.ha Guess I will take a hit when it goes. Maybe things will get better after the election but I look for a long dry spell. See Ya and hang on ,Bill<Suwanneered>

diveryates
"Lieutenant"

Posted: August 05 2008 at 00:33 | IP Logged Quote diveryates

Bill,

Yup- We use the boat about the same way you do. We really enjoy just hangin dockside.

Therein is one of the terrific points about keeping a Catalina: it's big enough so one can enjoy it like an apartment/cottage/homaway from home.  We live 45 minutes from where we have the slip. In S.F. we are docked basically downtown - a place on the water for $240 month including water and power. Not bad.  We have and and continue to adjust to economic conditions. Ex: We just started to use a 30 gallon gas caddy to fuel the boat- $ 4.20/gal at the cheapo place instead of $5.75 dockside. In the Bay, Power boat Skippers with twins routinely use one engine for slow criuse, final leg, approach to marinas, trolling. Entertaining/sightseeing with guests at 5 knots- 'bout 5-8 GPH- if that even. We go slow on general principal. The single 305 CID's are underpowered anyway. CC designed these boats to be economical and we go out of our way to use it as such.  Even now, there are many creative ways to save on expense and enjoy this lifestyle! We plan to hang with this boat for many years to come. It's perfect for a couple. We do short trips to local overnight spots, coves etc.  Drop the hook, spark the barby and pop a cold one.  We regularly hang in the cockpit at Clipper Cove and watch the pelicans glide over still water in the early morning with a hot cuppa. Laurie and I always do this as a team. 50/50 on the deal saves money in a nonlinear way. We actually think we save more than the 50% savings each when we take into consideration everything we do with our floating lady, Lorelei.

There are many good reasons to go 'dry', But for us, there is more reason not to.

BTW, the Refer keeps things cool for up to 48 hrs or more just by keeping the door closed- no power needed!

Diver 

Capt. Heavy
"First Mate"

Posted: August 05 2008 at 08:28 | IP Logged Quote Capt. Heavy

Hey, gang. Been under the weather the past few weeks, however, felt good enough Sunday to do a little fishin' with the first mate and a co-worker. A little windy and had to skirt a thunderstorm, but we caught a mixe bag of kingfish, barracuda, triggerfish, amberjack, porgie, blue runner, a lot of grunts and a few fish I could'nt identify. Nothing really big, but enough for a nice dinner and the kingfish will  be smoked and turned into smoked fish dip. Yum. Hey, Bill, I also removed the 12v/125v refridgerator and replaced it with a 125v unit from Lowes. We don't overnight on the boat anymore and I don't keep any perishable food in it. I had an isolator on the boat when I first bought it, it went bad while we were anchored out one night, lost all but one battery out of 3. Threw it away and replaced it with 3 manual switches. The wiring on this boat was a real mess when I bought it.See ya, Capt. Heavy.

boatman66
"Commander"

Posted: August 05 2008 at 09:00 | IP Logged Quote boatman66

Allright red baron glad to see you are ok.Hi all: well took the CREW (10) out sunday,really really a hot day,as from previous posts I haven't replaced my lower boarding ladder yet $$$ as usual.soooo what to do with ten people and a day at the beach,how do I get them on and off the swim platform easily?? see next photo--it worked really well and cost NOTHING looks like hell,but did the job--I'm thinking of patenting the thing hehheh any way we are all havin a ball.more later.enjoying the fridge,isolator conversation,keep up the good work guys later 66

boatman66
"Commander"

Posted: August 05 2008 at 09:02 | IP Logged Quote boatman66

boatmans ladder

floater251
"Navigator"

Posted: August 05 2008 at 10:20 | IP Logged Quote floater251

VERY IMPRESSIVE 66, you know....it does look alot easier to climb that than a normal fold out swim ladder.

floater

Capt. Heavy
"First Mate"

Posted: August 05 2008 at 10:51 | IP Logged Quote Capt. Heavy

I want one! It will go great with my Lowe's window A.C. unit. Heavy

suwanneered
"Deckhand"

Posted: August 05 2008 at 11:17 | IP Logged Quote suwanneered

Hi Heavy:
Since you mentioned the Lowe's AC unit I will try to tell you about my installation of  a  Lowe's AC. I read a post on the Nayliner site where a fellow made a AC window unit into a water cooled unit.So I copied it and installed the AC under the seat close to the galley. I removed the drawer and put it in that slot. I haad to take the air cooled condenser out of the case and be careful not to break the tubing and lose the freon gas. I made a box out of Lexan and installed a pump to pump raw water into the box and installed at over board drain.I put in a switch where the AC comes on it starts the pump  and when it is off the pump is off. I haven't tested it  except I filled the box I made and  turned it on and it did cool however since I am still in Dry Dock it  got warm fairly quick.It fit really neat and looks like a factory  add on AC. I guess you remember the old add on AC for Car in the early 60's.Look on the Bayliner boat site and you will find the instructions. It is neat and the guy who did it says he has had it for 2 years and it still works.I will try to find the site if you like. Thanks,Bill

Capt. Heavy
"First Mate"

Posted: August 05 2008 at 11:28 | IP Logged Quote Capt. Heavy

That sounds very cool. One question, how long would it last in salt water. the water down here in S.E. Florida is VERY salty. One of the reasons I went with a window unit (besides the obvious expense of marine air) the slip where I keep mystic diver is shallow and the water very muddy especially after a hard rain. A couple of the other boats on my dock have burned out ac pumps because the sea strainers got clogged. I can run my ac 24-7 and they can't. I may look like a red neck, but I'm a cool red neck. Heavy

suwanneered
"Deckhand"

Posted: August 05 2008 at 11:31 | IP Logged Quote suwanneered

Hi Roy:
I was looking at your slip cost and it is a good cheap slip.I pay 199.00 per month and haven't even had my boat in it as of yet.Ha They furnish water and cable TV for that price. The slip was in a good location close to the off ice and floating store. I hope they will keep a good eye on things there.They assured me they had a very low theft rate and,etc so I hope that is true as my boat is only insured for Lib and any thing gets gone it is totally my lost.I will remove the genny and Flat screen TV when I leave .I made a Microwave cabinet sorta like what you have,I think mine is a little bit  to big however I am short so I will not bump it to much I hope.I have always had a love for boats and still would like a bigger one to live aboard on but guess that will not happen any time soon. My wife don't really care for the boats but she don't bitch about it.Ha I have  2 in the yard and did have 3 sold 1 and need to sell the John Allman I have. I rigged it for off shore fishing as I have a small trailer in Florida and did have a big diesel boat for a while. Since fuel has gone so high I will not be using the  boat and I will keep the Chris Craft and hope to get a bigger one. I guess I never stop dreaming and planning...Well better get to work and see ya later,Bill

floater251
"Navigator"

Posted: August 05 2008 at 14:42 | IP Logged Quote floater251

All. im glad im in the po-dump carolinas. i definately could not afford a boat anywhere else. i pay 133 a month with power and water and i have a dock on both sides of me. gas is also 399 a gallon at the dock. as of today, i will no longer complain about marina fees.

bill, where on the bayliner site is the instructions. my father in law is a metal fabricator and he may can devise a stainless tank for the water cooler. i have been trying to figure out how to ac the floater. this is the best i have heard of. and surely the cheapest. capt heavy, may can devise a heat exchanger to cool the water or other liquid surrounding the condenser on the same prinsipal as a closed cooling system. the salty water will pass only through the stainless or plastic composite exchanger. being a carpenter, i will have to build a mock up out of wood and give to the father inlaw to make out of stainless. i can get a patton on it along with 66's ladder!

floater

suwanneered
"Deckhand"

Posted: August 05 2008 at 20:50 | IP Logged Quote suwanneered

Hi Floater:
Well guess you will just have to tell the little woman the bad news"No One wants to Buy the Floater so I will just have to Keep it"Ha I have been trying to find the site and I think it was by a fellow in Texas and on the BOC he goes by "Big Baby Lou"
I have sent him a e-mail asking if he is the right person maybe he will reply soon. When I did mine I recall he talked about using the clear  Plastic to make the box where he could see if all was well,water going thru,no leaks,etc.I also recall that he used Marine Goop for the glue to make the Box.Walmart has the plumbers Goop and is what I used as I couldn't find the marine Goop. I was told the properties are the same in all of the Goop Product.I have used it on several things and It works ok for me. The box is only slightly bigger than the condenser coil. my box is  about 24 inches long same as the AC unit is wide and hight is same as hight of AC unit.He also said that he left the fan on the shaft that originally blew thru the coil for balance reason and the same motor blows out the cool air.In one end of the box at the bottom I put in the inlet water supply which  is a 3/4 thru hull fitting at the top end of the box I put in a discharge outlet which was also a 3/4 thru hull fitting that goes over board like a bilge pump drain.
If you have a small AC unit remove the cover and study it over really not a lot to it it requires a small relay switch  that can be gotten from a good electronics  supply store. I hope that I can get the originalk site for you and maybe someone else will remember the post on BOC and post it for us. I know Pete on the Big Boats CC site post on the BOC as I have  seen his post and I am sure they are others as well.
Boatman's ladder  was cool! Ha
I see where your a nail bender!Ha I did that for many years building mostly lake houses.My E-mail is <wsmith72@comcast.net> see ya,Bill

floater251
"Navigator"

Posted: August 06 2008 at 11:15 | IP Logged Quote floater251

ok guys, i found this story on the internet......

Last summer, down on Lake Isabella, located in the high desert, an hour east of Bakersfield, CA, some folks, new to boating, were having a problem. No matter how hard they tried, they couldn't get their brand new 22 foot boat going. It was very sluggish in almost every maneuver, no matter how much power they applied. After about an hour of trying to make it go, they putted into a nearby marina, thinking someone there may be able to tell them what was wrong. A thorough topside check revealed everything in perfect working condition. The engine ran fine, the out-drive went up and down, and the propeller was the correct size and pitch. So, one of the marina guys jumped in the water to check underneath. He ca me up choking on water, he was laughing so hard.

NOW REMEMBER...THIS IS TRUE

Under the boat, still strapped securely in place, was the trailer!?

diveryates
"Lieutenant"

Posted: August 06 2008 at 11:28 | IP Logged Quote diveryates

funny..

]
] ]
191 Pages « 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »

Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
  ]
Printable version Printable version