View Last Post Viking Yachts Links
Last Post By: Viking44
Forum: Viking Yacht

Posted: April 17 2014 at: 06:32

View Last Post Amerosport 320
Last Post By: Jerry737
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: April 13 2014 at: 16:00

View Last Post Any Uniflite Owners near Berkeley CA???
Last Post By: concordian
Forum: Uniflite

Posted: March 08 2014 at: 02:27

View Last Post Inverter
Last Post By: eshover
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: February 03 2014 at: 11:32

]
] ]

Chris Craft
 BoatUS Boat Groups/Manufacturer Forums>>Chris Craft
Subject Topic: Catalina Owners Post ReplyPost New Topic
191 Pages « 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »
] ] ]
]
Author
Message Prev Topic | Next Topic 
diveryates
"Lieutenant"

Posted: July 20 2008 at 23:59 | IP Logged Quote diveryates

Oh Yeah!

... verry nicely done!! looks new. You really have something there!!! A fine vessel.

Our's is a carbon copy. Not quite as clean a hull as yours..nice...

Diver

floater251
"Navigator"

Posted: July 21 2008 at 08:59 | IP Logged Quote floater251

Cat, awsome job on the hatch!

bill, looks great!

floater251
"Navigator"

Posted: July 21 2008 at 09:06 | IP Logged Quote floater251

Bill, was showing off your boat to some guys at work here. found you may run into trouble....where your swim ladder is, you have nothing to grab on to as you are climbing. if you havnt already done it, give it a test try, looks like a long way to grab onto the rail.

floater.

boatman66
"Commander"

Posted: July 21 2008 at 09:11 | IP Logged Quote boatman66

now that'S what we are talkin about!!really super job on the hatch NAUTI lookin real good!!! AND  great pix of suwanees baby, boy are you good!! I can't paint like that!! the pictures a really great keep them coming..  SPECIAL NOTICE:RED BARON TU ARE YOU OK???Haven't heard from my 294 buddy in quite awhile.  Capt heavy lake o is fillin up maybe in OCT. you never know buddy..I really do want to make the trip. 

Capt. Heavy
"First Mate"

Posted: July 21 2008 at 09:19 | IP Logged Quote Capt. Heavy

Hey Floater and everyone else. Floater those cast iron boxes are the original cast iron mufflers. there are (or were) cast iron baffles inside. they most likely have rusted away, hence the loud exhaust noise. Can't be saved. Sooner or later the will start to leak on the bottom . I removed both on mystic diver and relpaced  them with fiberglass tubes, no mufflers. Noisy at the dock but once away from the dock it's pretty quiet. Did s beach cleanup in saturday with a group of volunteers from Hinckley and other boat yards. Cleaned up about a mile of beach. It was HOT HOT HOT! Amazing what we found. even part of a boat hull. Made a quick dive on sunday, saw only one big lobster. Then went drift fishing over the reef. FISH ON! Non stop action, caught trigger fish, lane snapper, mutton snapper, porgies, grunts, sand perch and a few fish I couldn't identify even though i keep a fish I.D. book on the boat. Gonna be a fish fry at capt. Heavy's house tonight.

Capt. Heavy
"First Mate"

Posted: July 21 2008 at 09:30 | IP Logged Quote Capt. Heavy

Yeah, boatman, lake o at 10.5 ft. they want it at 14 I think. water way canal to lhe lock on my sied fillin' up. Havn't heard if the locks are opening more often. I'll have to take a bike ride down there to find out. Heavy

Capt. Heavy
"First Mate"

Posted: July 21 2008 at 10:41 | IP Logged Quote Capt. Heavy

Hey, Diver. It sounds  to me like the rectifier is not conected directly to the battery. If it's not and the rectifer is only putting out 2.3 amps then every thing is running off the rectifier when the batteries are turned off. A water pump will draw more than 2.3 amps and thats the reason the vhf quits when you run a pump. I have my 10 amp charger going directly to the batreries. I don't see the need to shut them off, unless I was working on something that I didn't want energized. I spoke with our mechanic here at Hinckley and he agreed, charger direct to the battery or the battery side of selector switch. this way batteries are being charged even with the selector switch off. Hope this helps. Capt. Heavy

diveryates
"Lieutenant"

Posted: July 21 2008 at 12:10 | IP Logged Quote diveryates

Heavy,

Yeah. Your view supports my hypothisis...fingers crossed... 

BTW- those old converters were standard fare on the GM RVs with generators back in the day...apparently, there's a lot of interchangibility between RVs and our Catalinas.  Probobly recreation boats in general. The original NorCold Refers were used on RVs too- makes sense.

Now I'm leaning toward a seperate FM antenna, although my testing indicates it only helps a little and almost nothing for AM bands. I'm installing Rabbit ears inside the Galley Cabinet with the possible addition of the external FM antenna--- seems like a bit much to try to just pull in radio signals. The SF Giants games are only transmitted on AM, sooo. Per your view, I abandonded the splitter idea to the VHF antenna- that Shakespeare splitter is pretty cheaply made and supports the notion that the Mfgr only made a 1/2 hearted effort fabricating it. They probobly doudt it'll work too. 

I'm testing a 25' cable run for in/out a/v capibility to the cockpit. These are the Apple Video iPod 4 conductor, 35mm plug type. The Jensen AM 960 stereo/DVD unit has interconnects on the back for all this stuff. Jensen is a standard unit for flush, in-wall installs for RVs and looks pretty good, though not top drawer. I predict it will do the job more than adequitly- it has a CD drive anti stutter feature that works well.

Photos to follow when done.    

Thanks again- you're a lighthouse in the storm!

Diver

Nauti Cat
"Commander"

Posted: July 21 2008 at 14:38 | IP Logged Quote Nauti Cat

Thanks for the compliments on the hatch.

Regarding Bill's 280 Cat...he sent me the photos via email in high resolution format (1.3 MB each) and with that level of resolution the Black Sheep looks even better!  I can only imagine how great it looks in person.

Bill, once you photograph the cockpit and interior send me the pix and I will post them.

Tom

"MY WAY"
Back to Top Printable version View Nauti Cat's Profile Search for other posts by Nauti Cat

floater251
"Navigator"

Posted: July 21 2008 at 16:27 | IP Logged Quote floater251

cat, where abouts are you in n.y. i read a neat article in lake land boating about cruising through the lake erie canal, goes all the way across the top of n.y. and connects to the hudson. looks very cool!

floater

suwanneered
"Deckhand"

Posted: July 21 2008 at 18:20 | IP Logged Quote suwanneered

Tom: Thanks for posting the photo's! The reason the hull looks so good  is I regelcoated it to the original color and sanded it 5 times and compounded it and then polish and finally waxed it.I have really probably put to much time into it however since I am retired I had to have a project that I liked to work on. I sure did get a lot of good information from the forums about how to do different things.Still have some things to fix.I need to find a good battery charger that will handle 3 banks and is hard wired in the engine compartment.It would have to ignition proof and I have a converter that works when shore power is applied.Funny story about the converter.THe converter was toast due to the sinking in the hurricane along with all other pumps,etc. I took it out and took it along with some other stuff to the local  trash collection site and put it in th etrash.I was standing around talking with the fellow who runs the trash collection site and a guy came up and started to unload his junk.He reached over in the back of his truck and picked up a converter and ask if I wanted it before he thru it in the trash.Said it works and it was in a camper I have and didn't want it.I brought it home hooked it up and it does its thing.12 volts coming out of it so maybe it will work as it says battery charger also  but I want a more modern charger. I was going to put in a inverter however the cost of the inverter and battery banks it really high .Any one have a suggestion as to what type charger I need. I have a starter battery and a couple of batteries like in a bass boat for trolling motor that I will need to keep charged I also have a Honda 2000e Genny that will will be able to use if needed. Thanks,Bill
Back to Top Printable version View suwanneered's Profile Search for other posts by suwanneered

suwanneered
"Deckhand"

Posted: July 21 2008 at 19:20 | IP Logged Quote suwanneered

Hi All: Thanks for the complements on my old crissy! MY rail is the one that opens in the center and I have a ladder that fits on the transom and sits on the swim platform
a swimmer can get a hold of the ladder. I did shorten the railing on the sides so people can get aboard  easier.I glassed up the holes where the last support was and  it is a lot easier to get abaord since I did that. Thanks,Bill
Back to Top Printable version View suwanneered's Profile Search for other posts by suwanneered

Nauti Cat
"Commander"

Posted: July 21 2008 at 20:46 | IP Logged Quote Nauti Cat

Hi Floater,

I am on Long Island's south shore between Sayville and Patchogue which is on the Great South Bay.  I too have read about the NY canal system and it is very interesting, something my wife and I hope to do later on when the kids are older.  One of my brother firefighters is retired and does the canal trip from here, up thru the Hudson into the heart of the state over a months time each summer on a newer 34' Mainship.

Being so close to the Atlantic, our bay is subject to high winds and weather that varies widely.  It is always nice heading over to Fire Island which has some of the best beaches along the Atlantic and very casual marinas, just have to watch out for the sand bars

Tom

"MY WAY"
Back to Top Printable version View Nauti Cat's Profile Search for other posts by Nauti Cat

Capt. Heavy
"First Mate"

Posted: July 22 2008 at 08:28 | IP Logged Quote Capt. Heavy

Hey, bill. West marine sells a battery charger made by Pro Sport that would work for you. 20 amp, 3 bank charger, retails for $209.99. west marine model #9368622. I have a 12 amp Pro Sport in my boat, it's been trouble free. Also we install quite a few in boats here at Hinckley. Haven't heard any complaints. Hey Boatman, took a bike ride to the St. Lucie lock on the waterway with the first mate last night. Army Corp of Engineers is installing a manatee safety device. The lock is closed to all traffic. Don't know for how long. Capt. Heavy

suwanneered
"Deckhand"

Posted: July 22 2008 at 16:59 | IP Logged Quote suwanneered

Hi Capt Heavy:
Thanks for the information.I bid one off on e-bay and nerver could get it to work and returned it and now cannot get a answer out of the jerk who calls his self the Charger Guy. Boy did I get a shock to day! I have been getting the tan gelcoat from spectrumcolors,I had to buy a gallon to get 1 quart and the cost was 259.00 plus 30.00 shipping.UGH total 289.00 I sure will be glad to get the Blacksheep done as it is dollaring me to ther poor house.ha O'well can take it with you and I have never seen a armoured car in the funeral possession,See Ya,Bill

floater251
"Navigator"

Posted: July 22 2008 at 20:38 | IP Logged Quote floater251

bill, your hull is tan? looks white, so that means i dont have to have the "floater" brown stripes?!maybe i will resand this fall/spring and paint them blue tones instead of the browns. i hate to change the bottom paint color, that would be a pain to sand all the way down. i do like the blue hulls with the red bottoms on the new back coves. what really needs dolled up is the topside. i scrubbed it hard with an abrasive cleaner, then polished it. it got rid of the chalk but is still very dull and pourus. how hard is it to repaint the topside? john griviscus makes it look like a walk in the park. might be able to squeeze the boat into one of the paint booths at the body shop tape it and spray it. oh my gosh...i need to sell this boat before i overthink it to death. sorry for babbling, getting excited for the final hour of the deadliest catch!

yall have a good evening. thanks! floater

suwanneered
"Deckhand"

Posted: July 22 2008 at 21:07 | IP Logged Quote suwanneered

Hi Floater:
Yes the hull is a very light tan color and it looks a off white. I guess you saw where I got stiffed on the gelcoat.UGH   I tried to make some myself and it didn't turn out. I had to order from the to get a match.
It is my understanding that Chris Craft did a lot of the 280 the same color to save money.The only color for 1984 that you can order with out a sample of the color is Tan.The inside of the boat is a darker tan color which is what I ordered.They then used that  and cut it 3 to 1 with white and it comes out a very light tan color when waxed and polished.
 If I were uyou I would paint it  and it is much easier and cost  much less.When you gelcaot you must de wax and sand the original gelcoat and then clean it with acetone and then Spray the gelcoat on very heavy takes a lot of it.Then you wash it  with a cloth soaked  with actone to take off the top layer which is soft.Gelcaot will not harden in the open air like paint it must be sealed off. then sand about 5 times  starting with 320 and ending with 200 grit. Then compound it,then polish it and then wax.Wopw! I am tired just writing about it.
Paint,Paint by all means especially if you plan on selling!See Ya,Bill

suwanneered
"Deckhand"

Posted: July 22 2008 at 21:10 | IP Logged Quote suwanneered

Hey Capt Heavy. Thanks for the charger information and I ordered one to day.

Capt. Heavy
"First Mate"

Posted: July 23 2008 at 08:42 | IP Logged Quote Capt. Heavy

Hi, Floater. Painting or re- gelcoating, either way a lot of work. But before you do try this. IF thereis a lot of gel coat left on the topsides (no fiberglass showing thru) wet sand the area with 1200 grit wet/dry sandpaper. Then compound the area using a high speed buffer with a 3m superbuff wool pad (or somthing similar) and 3m Imperial compound and finishing material, part no. 06044. This stuff is the bomb. Just apply it with the buffer and buff to it dissapears. No haze to wipe off! Then follow up with a coat of high quality wax and bingo, a nice shine. Imperial compound not cheap. $49.49 at west marine , worth every penny. Don't try to make the non skid areas shine. Capt. Heavy

floater251
"Navigator"

Posted: July 23 2008 at 11:18 | IP Logged Quote floater251

Heavy, thats pretty much what i did with the hull sides but i used scowering powder and a scotch brite pas with a handle, then buffed it with imperial machine glaze (our detail shop buys it by the gallons) it turned out pretty good. the topside though has a fiew good spider cracks. they did not seperate or go into the glass, i dont think. what should i do about them? is there a filler to hide them. they really show themselves when the boat is wet. i hate to have to grind them out and refill and re gell if im not planning on keeping her. the dullness doesnt really bother me, but it is very hard to keep clean. for sure this fall i am painting the floor. it has a lot of spider cracking. im planning on using a non slip paint. should hide any imperfections

thanks, floater

Capt. Heavy
"First Mate"

Posted: July 23 2008 at 13:13 | IP Logged Quote Capt. Heavy

Hey, Floater. The only way that I know of to fix spider cracks is to grind it out and fill the crack with gel coat. It's not hard if the cracks are easy to get to. First step is to drill an 1/8 inch hole at each end of the crack. this will stop the crack from spreading. Use a dremel or simmilar type tool with a small griding bit (not a disc) and grind the crack down to the laminate. Fill the cracks with a good quality marine filler, leaving it a littlt underflush with the surounding area. Sand the surrounding area 220 grit paper. The best way to apply gelcoat is to spray it on. We call it a spray patch. You can buy a Preval spraying unit for about $10.00 at many marine stores. Use acetone or styrene to thin out the gelcoat. Mask around the area to be sprayed. Add mek to the gelcoat after you thin it to the right consistancy for spraying. wipe down the area with acetone. it the area is a horizontal surface you can usually get it done with one shot. A verticle surface several light coats will be needed to prevent sagging or running. Let harden. (we say let it kick) Have a beer. Sand with 320 grit on a 1/4 sheet sander leaving it a little high. wet sand using a block. I'd start with 400 grit then 600 grit, 1000 grit when your close. finish by buffing with imperial compound, then wax. A Preval spray unit is nothing but a propellant canaster with a screw on jar for paint etc. they can be re-used by cleaning with acetone. It's not as complicated as it sounds. You can get away with brushing on gel on a horizontal surface. Capt. Heavy

Edited by Capt. Heavy on July 23 2008 at 13:14

floater251
"Navigator"

Posted: July 23 2008 at 14:13 | IP Logged Quote floater251

capt. heavy, yes, all the cracks are on horiz. flas surfaces, the biggest on the cabin roof. so that sounds like a good fall out of the water project along with the stripe repainting. what do you think about the floor?

floater

Nauti Cat
"Commander"

Posted: July 23 2008 at 20:38 | IP Logged Quote Nauti Cat

Hi guys...new issue:

I went to the boat today to replace my galley faucet which turned out very nice and I figured I would run the engin as it has not been run in over a week.  I discovered that my bilge blower keeps blowing fuses (15amp) within 10 seconds of turning it on, never happened before.  I inserted a 20 amp fuse just to see what would happen and it ran for about 20 seconds then began to speed up as if it it was getting a lot more power so I shut it off.  I removed the storage cubby in the gunwale under the helm seat for access to the blower.  I snipped the wiring and removed it from the bilge.  Since I do not have a horn installed (wiring is just hanging in the cabin as the headliner is removed) I connected the blower to the horn wiring, put in a 15 amp fuse and it runs great...no fuse blew and no speeding up of the blower motor, ran it for several minutes with no problems. 

This leads me to believe I have a wiring issue.  My other current wiring issues include the wiper motors, hour meter and possibly the pressure water pump.

I was wondering if you, Roy or Bill (or anyone who has a Cat 280) would happen to have the wiring diagram.  I believe the 1984 and 1985 are the same and perhaps the other early 80's models according to the Maritime museum in VA.  I called them a few months ago to order the diagram however they had just packed everything up for a move and will not have anything available until November.  If possible I would like to rewire the blower and other items correctly but the wiring seems to get lost into the harnesses and go in all different directions. 

If anyone has the diagram I would be happy to pay for it/copying/mailing etc.

I was kinda wishing it was the blower although expensive, would have been an easy replacement.

As always, I appreciate your help!

Tom

"MY WAY"

Capt. Heavy
"First Mate"

Posted: July 24 2008 at 10:00 | IP Logged Quote Capt. Heavy

HEY, Floater. If you are going it paint the deck, I recomend fixing any spider cracks or they will show through. I assume you have the same funky non skid pattern I had on my 251 and 331. I would recomend priming and painting it with a 2 part urethane like Interlux Perfection. Awl Grip or Awlcraft 2000 is even better, however since you have a body shop where you work, you should be able to get some Dupont Imron at a decent price. (free leftovers?) It's good paint. Now comes the decision on weather to add non-skid particles or not. The original non skid pattern will show through, but with a shiney coat of paint, slippery when wet. If you decide to add non skid, don't use sand. Buy a can of coarse and a can of fine non skid and use a 50-50 mix. We spray it on here at Hinckley. however one of our paint guys said you can roll it on using a foam or short nap roller cover made for epoxy paints. Capt. Heavy

Capt. Heavy
"First Mate"

Posted: July 24 2008 at 10:17 | IP Logged Quote Capt. Heavy

And now to Nauti Cat's issue. Sounds like a wire or terminal became corroded and is ready to give out. There is also the possibility of the switch going bad. If the blower is trying to draw x amount of amps but can't because a wire is partially corroded away it will cause the fuse to blow. If the wire runs directly from the switch to the blower you can cut the wire at the blower and tape or tie the new to that end and pull it from the switch end. I'd use 14 gauge wire. Check the switch with a multi meter. On the ohm setting with switch in the on position it should have zero resistance. hope this helps. Capt. Heavy

Edited by Capt. Heavy on July 24 2008 at 10:18

Nauti Cat
"Commander"

Posted: July 24 2008 at 10:28 | IP Logged Quote Nauti Cat

Thank you Capt. Heavy

Are the electrical components such as bilge pumps, blowers and wipers typically wired directly to the switch for both sides of the circuit or are they part of a harness with common hots and/or grounds?  The boat's wiring seems to be mostly if not all original.  The blower wires go into the black conduit and seems to head in different directions.  

I will start by checking the switch and terminal ends for corosion and get the meter on the switch.

Tom

"MY WAY"

diveryates
"Lieutenant"

Posted: July 24 2008 at 11:34 | IP Logged Quote diveryates

I have the original 280 schematics on JPEG. If you give me an email address. I'll forward a copy. You will probobly need to be able to zoom in to get the most out of this info.

Diver

diveryates
"Lieutenant"

Posted: July 24 2008 at 11:39 | IP Logged Quote diveryates

Re the Blower- You might want to check to be sure the fan is spinning free- either bearings or an obstruction may be hanging things up. 

diver

floater251
"Navigator"

Posted: July 24 2008 at 14:38 | IP Logged Quote floater251

capt. heavy, the finish thats on it now looks kinda like leather. the cracks are in the non skid or whatever it is and are very small/narrow, like a razor cut, does not look like in the gell. almost like dry paint. is there a filler i can squeegee into the cracks then paint it with nonskid, or should i try to sand down whats there and see if it is cracked into the gel. how about a super thick stuff, almost like a roll on bed liner that will just cover everything?

thanks, floater

Nauti Cat
"Commander"

Posted: July 24 2008 at 14:51 | IP Logged Quote Nauti Cat

Thank you Roy, that would be great!  I'll give it a try.

tg-426@hotmail.com

"MY WAY"

Capt. Heavy
"First Mate"

Posted: July 24 2008 at 15:32 | IP Logged Quote Capt. Heavy

Nauti cat, Not sure about yours, but on my cat  the hot wires from the engine compartment run to the circuit breaker panel, then to a terminal block under the control panel, then to the switches. Floater, Awlgrip makes a high build epoxy primer that might do the job. Let me think about that for a while. See ya friday. Capt. Heavy

BillB
"Seaman"

Posted: July 24 2008 at 21:23 | IP Logged Quote BillB

Hey Tom at Nauti Cat

Had very similar symtoms with my 280 two weeks ago - turned out one blower was fine, and the other side had frozen. Fuse lasted about three minutes a session, the blew out. The fuse at that time was a 20 amp. Removed the bad blower and the remaining blower is fine.
Here's the funny part - I rushed to West Marine to order a replacement, and it still has not arrived.
Not that I've needed it so far. In the last two weeks I've replaced the charging and starting circut wiring, rebuilt the carb, rebuilt the ignition and discovered my Merc rebuild is a reverse rotation 5.7 260 when I thought it was a standard rotation 230hp. Best of all, my engine serial number does not show up on any Merc database.
What fun.
Does anyone know if this forum has spellcheck?

Bill

Nauti Cat
"Commander"

Posted: July 24 2008 at 21:54 | IP Logged Quote Nauti Cat

Roy, thank you for the wiring schematics, that will help with all my electrical gremlins.

Capt H, I pulled everything apart this evening and yes, on the 280 the wiring all runs back to behind the helm to the switches and then blocks. thank you

BillB, thank you for your feedback.  I realized earlier today that there are 2 blowers, never paid attention to the set up prior.  Turns out only one of the blowers were working (starboard was ok) when the fuses were blowing.  I pulled the starboard side out yesterday (because it was the only one I heard operating) checked it and it was fine.  This evening I pulled out the port side, the impeller is much tighter than the sb side but when I bench tested it, it worked.  I did however notice a bearing noise when powering it off.  I then checked voltage on each side and there is just over 12v, but I know that does not verify the all important amps.  Next, I reconnected the blowers on the deck and ran them for 10 minutes with no issues.   

I checked all the connections and switch and seems ok.  Perhaps the port side blower which wasn't working at one point and has the bearing squeak is on its way out.  I will reinstall everything and monitor, at least I have a strong suspicion now of the potential culpret.

Tom

"MY WAY"

floater251
"Navigator"

Posted: July 25 2008 at 07:43 | IP Logged Quote floater251

Bill B, read all past posts.....were not worried about spelling around here, just get the word out! and, welcome back, i wondered what happened to you.

Capt. Heavy
"First Mate"

Posted: July 25 2008 at 07:46 | IP Logged Quote Capt. Heavy

Hey Floater , Are you sure the cocpit deck hasn't already been painted? Heavy

Capt. Heavy
"First Mate"

Posted: July 25 2008 at 07:48 | IP Logged Quote Capt. Heavy

floater, are you sure the cockpit deck hasn't already been painted? Capt H.

floater251
"Navigator"

Posted: July 25 2008 at 10:32 | IP Logged Quote floater251

capt. Heavy, yes it has been painted. Its a little darker and looks like
leather. Don't know what base it is. I did read that I will need to know
before it can be repainted. Its the paint that has all the cracks in it. I
will get you some close up pix this weekend and email them to you
Thanks, floater

Capt. Heavy
"First Mate"

Posted: July 25 2008 at 14:29 | IP Logged Quote Capt. Heavy

Hey, Floater. You may have to strip off the old paint first, it all depends what paint was used and what kind of paint you are going to use. Interlux makes interstrip and it's safe for fiberglass. If you paint it with a one part paint you may not have to strip it. However the 2 part urethanes have very strong solvents in them and may, I repeat, MAY lift the old paint. you can always test on a small spot and see what happens. By the way, when I refinishe my U.S. Navy motorwhaler I had no idea what kind mof paint was on her. I painted the deck with Interlux "Toplac" in Seatle grey. Didn't lift the paint and held up fairly well. It's a one part paint. Just rolled it on. I also used it for the accent strip on the flybridge of Mystic Diver in dark blue. Holds up better than plain enamel. Capt. Heavy

Capt. Heavy
"First Mate"

Posted: July 25 2008 at 15:27 | IP Logged Quote Capt. Heavy

O.K. gang, it's just about beer thirty. The weather is looking pretty good for the weekend here in s.e. florida. Going to hit my not so secret fishin spot. Might even get a little diving in. Have a good weekend all. Cold beer and hot bikinis, Capt. Heavy

suwanneered
"Deckhand"

Posted: July 25 2008 at 17:07 | IP Logged Quote suwanneered

Hi Floater: I would go to the trouble to remove the old paint and sand it with 22Grit and clean it  before applying any more paint.You will be a lot happier with the results!
I would use brightside  Pollyeuerethe which is a 1 part paint and can be sprayed,brushed,etc.I used it on the big stripe and boot strip as well as the strip on the cabin sides.It worked great. A tip if you spray it  get some masking paper from auto supply as the pait will go thru newspaper and water based masking paper.Also cover everything well to catch the over spray. See Ya,Bill

]
] ]
191 Pages « 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »

Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
  ]
Printable version Printable version