View Last Post Viking Yachts Links
Last Post By: Viking44
Forum: Viking Yacht

Posted: April 17 2014 at: 06:32

View Last Post Amerosport 320
Last Post By: Jerry737
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: April 13 2014 at: 16:00

View Last Post Any Uniflite Owners near Berkeley CA???
Last Post By: concordian
Forum: Uniflite

Posted: March 08 2014 at: 02:27

View Last Post Inverter
Last Post By: eshover
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: February 03 2014 at: 11:32

]
] ]

Ferretti
 BoatUS Boat Groups/Manufacturer Forums>>Ferretti
Subject Topic: BoatUS.com Launches Boat Groups Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
Author
Message Prev Topic | Next Topic 
Terri Parrow
Admin

Admin

Posted: July 05 2006 at 19:29 | IP Logged Quote Terri Parrow

BoatUS.com Launches Boat Groups
(And Answers the Question:
Which Came First, The Chicken or the Egg?)

First, the good news: BoatU.S.com has launched a website with a long list of Owners' Groups to help people like you get answers to questions about maintenance, parts sources, installations, and performance from other owners of the same make and model boat. A Bertram owner, for example, can get answers to his or her questions from other Bertram owners. The same with Catalina owners, Wellcraft owners, Hunter owners, Chris Craft, Sea Ray owners—there is an initial list of over 250 powerboat and sailboat manufacturers. Even if you’re just thinking about buying a certain boat, this is the place to get started.

More good news: The people at BoatUS.com web page have tried mightily to make the site as user friendly as possible. There’s a lot of practical information for each manufacturers' group:
  • Boat Reviews by Jack Hornor for over 80 Boat Groups;
  • a list of the manufacturer’s boats for sale from the BoatUS.com classifieds;
  • a link to USCG recall information,
  • a link to the BoatU.S. Consumer Protection database;
  • and any other related boat links that might be relevant.

You’re not going to find a better place to participate in a boat group.

Now for the bad news: The site is brand spanking new so many of the Boat Groups don't have any postings. This is the chicken or the egg dilemma; you could be the first, in which case it’s liable to be lonely for a while. Be patient; as other people post their topics and answer others, you’ll start receiving their comments and questions directly by email.

If you’re already registered for the other BoatUS message board: just hit Login or Click Here. You do not have to register; your login and password for the other message boards will work here. If your computer accepts “cookies” it will automatically recognize you the next time you visit.  To sign up for your Email Subscription for as many Boat Groups as you want, just click the link for Your Email Subscriptions or Click Here.

If you’re not previously registered on the other BoatUS message board: just hit Register or Click Here. (You don’t have to register to read what others have posted.) One benefit of registering is that you can sign up for email subscription notices for whatever boat groups you select. Go ahead and sign up. (Don't be, ahem, a chicken.)

Back to Top Printable version View Terri Parrow's Profile Search for other posts by Terri Parrow

ppreuss
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: July 12 2006 at 17:25 | IP Logged Quote ppreuss

Terri and BoatUS - Thanks for providing this forum.  We own a 1998 Sea Ray 215 Express Cruiser.  Have used it on the Erie Canal around Frankfort, NY; had it docked at The Bridge Marina on Lake Champlain, Vt. near Crown Point; and now have it docked on Lake George, NY.  We love the boat - find it meets our needs and has kept its "like new" condition over the years. 

fighterpilot
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: September 02 2006 at 21:16 | IP Logged Quote fighterpilot

For administrator. New to site. Would like to look at reviews by Jack Horner. How do I do that. Also couldn't find contact link so I could email someone at the site for information. How about adding Aquasport to your list of boats. Thanks, fighterpilot
Back to Top Printable version View fighterpilot's Profile Search for other posts by fighterpilot

AfterMath
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: September 03 2006 at 08:31 | IP Logged Quote AfterMath

fighterpilot -

This may be the link you are looking for regarding reviews:

http://www.boatus.com/jackhornor/
Back to Top Printable version View AfterMath's Profile Search for other posts by AfterMath

Sonja Lowe
Admin

Admin

Posted: September 05 2006 at 11:54 | IP Logged Quote Sonja Lowe

Quote: fighterpilot
For administrator. New to site. Would like to look at reviews by Jack Horner. How do I do that. Also couldn't find contact link so I could email someone at the site for information. How about adding Aquasport to your list of boats. Thanks, fighterpilot

FighterPilot,

AfterMath is correct - the Jack Hornor Reviews are at http://www.boatus.com/jackhornor

You can contact us at BoatGroups@boatus.com

Aquasport has been added to the BoatUS Boat Groups.

Feel free to start a New Topic.

Thanks for the suggestion!

dennstap
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: September 14 2006 at 07:50 | IP Logged Quote dennstap

Great idea.  Best of Luck.  dennstap in Florida.
Back to Top Printable version View dennstap's Profile Search for other posts by dennstap

FormulaSales
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: September 14 2006 at 17:14 | IP Logged Quote FormulaSales

Make Sure you Check out the Formula /Thunderbird Group!!

boatingislife
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 23 2006 at 19:38 | IP Logged Quote boatingislife

Hi Terri,

Great site, thanks for getting it going. Is it possible to add a spell check (if possible) to the post reply section?

Thanks yeew!

Bruce Fisher
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 23 2008 at 20:59 | IP Logged Quote Bruce Fisher

Hi Terry,

It looks like the Trjoan forum is dead. Am I missing something?

Rick in Fla
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: May 07 2008 at 21:15 | IP Logged Quote Rick in Fla

Wow!  I just joined the forum and the last posting that I see was almost 2-years ago.  Am I too missing something?
Back to Top Printable version View Rick in Fla's Profile Search for other posts by Rick in Fla

Captain Art
"Seaman"

Posted: May 14 2008 at 16:10 | IP Logged Quote Captain Art

Hi Terry,

How about advertising the fact that a site exists for all Navigator owners in the Boats U.S. magazine?

Thanks,

Captain Art 

Terri Parrow
Admin

Admin

Posted: August 26 2008 at 16:29 | IP Logged Quote Terri Parrow

You're not missing anything, it's just that some sections are more popular than others.  It's that chicken and the egg issue that we mentioned.

I'm tempted to take down the boat groups that haven't posted in a long time, but as soon as I do, someone will want to post something.  So I err on the side of leaving them up.

I encourage everyone to post something, even if it's just a picture of your own boat and what you've been doing lately. 

Back to Top Printable version View Terri Parrow's Profile Search for other posts by Terri Parrow

submarinesailor
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: September 05 2008 at 11:35 | IP Logged Quote submarinesailor

What a great idea, having all of this information at a click away. I really appreciate BoatUS's effort in keeping all us informed in a wide variety of topics. I for one intend to use this forum as much as possible as I am restoring a classic 68 Thunderbird Iroquois to its former glory and I will need all the help I can get. I'm not afraid to tackle the problems but why reinvent the wheel if someone else has figured out what the steps and processes are. Thanks again BoatUS for being here for all of us

WillB
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: February 18 2010 at 09:42 | IP Logged Quote WillB

I recently bought a 2006 CraigCat Catch-It model with a 25 HP Mecury 2 stroke.  I have been wanting one for a long time.  I can't wait to try it out.  Thanks for providing a forum such as this.  Great info !!!

Ron Evans
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 12 2010 at 14:29 | IP Logged Quote Ron Evans

Just joined the group.  Look forward to hearing ideas about boating.  I live aboard on a LeBelle 43' on the Columbia River in Washington State.  I am presently planning a 5 month cruise to Alaska.  I also own a Bayliner 25' Trophy for fishing, a Searay Searaider and a Smoker Craft.  What can I say, I love boating.

sea wave
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: July 20 2010 at 02:53 | IP Logged Quote sea wave

Hello everyone, I just joined the grouyp. I have a 1994 Larson 194 Lxi, my first boat and am excited to learn more. Sites like this make that transition possible. I am from P.E.I., a small island in Canada. It will be great to be able to ask questions to knowlegable boat owners. Thank tyou and enjoy the ocean/lake
Back to Top Printable version View sea wave's Profile Search for other posts by sea wave

lou56
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: July 20 2010 at 22:34 | IP Logged Quote lou56

Yes it would be nice to get the Larson family of owners talking again there is only a few of them out there so lets keep it going and share our good time on our boats.

Cheers Lou down under Australia

]
] ]

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
  ]
Printable version Printable version