View Last Post Viking Yachts Links
Last Post By: Viking44
Forum: Viking Yacht

Posted: April 17 2014 at: 06:32

View Last Post Amerosport 320
Last Post By: Jerry737
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: April 13 2014 at: 16:00

View Last Post Any Uniflite Owners near Berkeley CA???
Last Post By: concordian
Forum: Uniflite

Posted: March 08 2014 at: 02:27

View Last Post Inverter
Last Post By: eshover

Posted: February 03 2014 at: 11:32

View Last Post 1963 Constellation 42
Last Post By: eshover

Posted: February 03 2014 at: 11:19

]
] ]

Formula/Thunderbird
 BoatUS Boat Groups/Manufacturer Forums>>Formula/Thunderbird
Subject Topic: CLASSIC 1983 FORMULA 26 SC Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
Author
Message Prev Topic | Next Topic 
RJH10
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: September 04 2005 at 00:00 | IP Logged Quote RJH10

HELLO TO ALL ...

I RECENTLY AQUIRED A 1983 FORMULA 26 ' SC ..........

I GOT IT FOR A PROJECT BOAT ... IT HAS BEEN SITTING ON A TRAILER IN A BACKYARD FOR ABOUT 15 YEARS OR SO...  THE ENGINES AND OUT DRIVES ARE SHOT AS IS MOST OF THE WIRING,,,  HOWEVER THE HULL IT SELF IS IN GREAT SHAPE AND THERE DOES NOT APPEAR TO BE ANY ROT OR BROKEN FIBERGLASS ANYWHERE ON THE BOAT...I AM IN A POSITION TO START THE REBUILD BY THE END OF THE YEAR ,,,I WAS THINKING ABOUT PUTTING A ENGINE BRACKET ON THE TRANSOM ALONG WITH TWO (2) 250 FOUR STROKES ON THE BACK OF IT ....  I HAVE CONTACTED FORMULA ABOUT IT AND THEY SAID THEY HAD NEVER HEARD OF ANYONE CONVERTING A FORMULA OVER TO OUTBOARDS . THEY WANT ME TO KEEP IN TOUCH WITH THEM ABOUT THE PROGRESS OF THE PROJECT AND I WILL ,, THEY HAVE BEEN MOST HELPFUL WITH GETTING ME INFO ON THE " 83 " MODEL...  HOWEVER THEY DID NOT HAVE A LOT OF INFO ON THE BOAT BECAUSE OF ITS AGE.. THE BOAT WILL BE COMPETELY REBUILT. ALL ELECTRICAL, PLUMBING AND INTERIOR WILL BE REPLACED AND I WILL BE PAINTING THE HULL, THE TEAK WOOD ON THE BOAT IS IN GOOD SHAPE BUT WILL NEED REFINISHING ....  I PLAN TO STRIP THE BOAT COMPLETELY DOWN,,, RIGHT DOWN TO THE WINDSHIELD FRAMES SAND BLASTED AND BUFFED , WIRING , CARPETS , GALLEY , IT ALL NEEDS TO BE REPLACED BECAUSE OF THE AGE OF MOST OF THE THINGS.  I WILL BE UPDATING THE BOAT WITH ALL NEW WIRING PLUMBING AND ELECTRONICS FROM BOW TO STERN... 

ANY INFO , ADVICE OR COMMENTS WOULD BE HELPFUL ..

THANKS TO ALL & SAFE BOATING !!!! .... RANDALL.....Cool       

Back to Top Printable version View RJH10's Profile Search for other posts by RJH10

Tico
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: September 05 2005 at 00:00 | IP Logged Quote Tico

RJH10 wrote:

HELLO TO ALL ...

I RECENTLY AQUIRED A 1983 FORMULA 26 ' SC ..........

I GOT IT FOR A PROJECT BOAT ... IT HAS BEEN SITTING ON A TRAILER IN A BACKYARD FOR ABOUT 15 YEARS OR SO...  THE ENGINES AND OUT DRIVES ARE SHOT AS IS MOST OF THE WIRING,,,  HOWEVER THE HULL IT SELF IS IN GREAT SHAPE AND THERE DOES NOT APPEAR TO BE ANY ROT OR BROKEN FIBERGLASS ANYWHERE ON THE BOAT...I AM IN A POSITION TO START THE REBUILD BY THE END OF THE YEAR ,,,I WAS THINKING ABOUT PUTTING A ENGINE BRACKET ON THE TRANSOM ALONG WITH TWO (2) 250 FOUR STROKES ON THE BACK OF IT ....  I HAVE CONTACTED FORMULA ABOUT IT AND THEY SAID THEY HAD NEVER HEARD OF ANYONE CONVERTING A FORMULA OVER TO OUTBOARDS . THEY WANT ME TO KEEP IN TOUCH WITH THEM ABOUT THE PROGRESS OF THE PROJECT AND I WILL ,, THEY HAVE BEEN MOST HELPFUL WITH GETTING ME INFO ON THE " 83 " MODEL...  HOWEVER THEY DID NOT HAVE A LOT OF INFO ON THE BOAT BECAUSE OF ITS AGE.. THE BOAT WILL BE COMPETELY REBUILT. ALL ELECTRICAL, PLUMBING AND INTERIOR WILL BE REPLACED AND I WILL BE PAINTING THE HULL, THE TEAK WOOD ON THE BOAT IS IN GOOD SHAPE BUT WILL NEED REFINISHING ....  I PLAN TO STRIP THE BOAT COMPLETELY DOWN,,, RIGHT DOWN TO THE WINDSHIELD FRAMES SAND BLASTED AND BUFFED , WIRING , CARPETS , GALLEY , IT ALL NEEDS TO BE REPLACED BECAUSE OF THE AGE OF MOST OF THE THINGS.  I WILL BE UPDATING THE BOAT WITH ALL NEW WIRING PLUMBING AND ELECTRONICS FROM BOW TO STERN... 

ANY INFO , ADVICE OR COMMENTS WOULD BE HELPFUL ..

THANKS TO ALL & SAFE BOATING !!!! .... RANDALL.....Cool       

Hello Randall

I'm in the same "boat" as you although with 1969 F233.  Mine is for sale at present until the end of hurricane season.  If not sold I'll take her down to the Fla. Keys, from Ft. Myers, to rebuild from stem to stern.  She had been converted from an I/O to a 225 hp on a "pipe like" bracket off the transom.  That will go and she'll get a stainless or aluminum platform with a 4 stroke 225.  A big concern here for me is the weight factor back there with engine and heavy bracket - and where to mount (up or down to have the whole thing line up properly when in the water).  I'm thinking of putting the boat into the water and then weight the old engine and bracket with the weight of the stainless platform (minus the approx. weight of the existing pipe bracket) then make some more guide points.  All this will be with as much sage advice as possible.  I try to do a lot of fishing in the Keys where I live and the reliability and economy of one engine is more important to me than the speed (although speed is fun).  I have yet to put the boat into the water.  The previous owner said the motor "runs fine".  Yeah.  It's a 1988 Johnson.  It'll be given away along with its' bracket if I start the project.  A lot of sanding, some fibreglass work, painting and .......  But they do shine up beautifully - see all the boats in the forum.  I'll be interested to follow your results and advice regarding the repowering.  Good Luck and keep us posted.  Tico 

Back to Top Printable version View Tico's Profile Search for other posts by Tico

26SC
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: September 08 2005 at 00:00 | IP Logged Quote 26SC

What do you want to know. Just bought a 78 sc and doing the same. I have 233 /Ford 351's.

This boat is a solid and will handle anything! I had a 77 years ago and loved it.

Back to Top Printable version View 26SC's Profile Search for other posts by 26SC

]
] ]

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
  ]
Printable version Printable version