View Last Post Viking Yachts Links
Last Post By: Viking44
Forum: Viking Yacht

Posted: April 17 2014 at: 06:32

View Last Post Amerosport 320
Last Post By: Jerry737
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: April 13 2014 at: 16:00

View Last Post Any Uniflite Owners near Berkeley CA???
Last Post By: concordian
Forum: Uniflite

Posted: March 08 2014 at: 02:27

View Last Post Inverter
Last Post By: eshover
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: February 03 2014 at: 11:32

]
] ]

Chris Craft
 BoatUS Boat Groups/Manufacturer Forums>>Chris Craft
Subject Topic: Chris Craft 251 catalina Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
Author
Message Prev Topic | Next Topic 
andybuzz2u
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: December 06 2010 at 18:52 | IP Logged Quote andybuzz2u

I just recently purchased a 1984 Catalina 251. The boat has been around Galveston, tx it's whole life. So to start the saltwater has taken it's toll on it. The engine is a 305 with a direct drive velvet drive.

I am looking for any information on this boat such as wiring diagrams, factory brochures, pictures, were to get parts, namely helm seats, and the screen's for the port and starboard cabin windows as well as any of the weather stripping that still maybe out there, port window leaks in heavy rain.

I also have some questions about what options came on this boat, I noticed on the DC panel that it lists toilet breaker. The head in it now is a porta potty style with a pump out connection and a vent hose. The DC panel also lists a shower breaker? It does not have a shower sump in it. Was this an option or standard? And the AC panel lists a stove breaker, as far as i can tell the counter and all of the cabin looks original, was this some kind of portable stove? There is not a place were a stove was installed in the galley counter.

Sorry to be so long winded, just trying to find out what i can about this boat. So far i have learned one very important thing about the engine while i was rebuilding it, Reverse Rotation. LOL were all single engine CC installed with RR engines?

1984 251 catalina 305/velvet drive.
Back to Top Printable version View andybuzz2u's Profile Search for other posts by andybuzz2u

Nauti Cat
"Commander"

Posted: December 06 2010 at 20:06 | IP Logged Quote Nauti Cat

Hi Andybuzz2u, welcome to the forum and CC ownership.  Be sure to post all Catalina related issues in the Chris Craft Catalina forum, there is a wealth of information and a whole bunch of knowledgable and experienced owners from the 25 - 38 foot Catalinas.

In the mean time and to get started...

Wiring diagrams - check out the Mariners Museum in Virginia, they hold the Chris Craft Archive up to the mid 1980's and have documents such as the wiring diagrams.  I know there are a few copies of the wiring for the 280 series amoung the 28' owners but check them for the 251.  http://www.marinersmuseum.org/library/chris-craft

Factory brochures - check out http://www.boatbrochure.com/servlet/the-template/chriscraft/ Page

Pictures - we post a lot of them in the Catalina forum, also search for-sale websites, I get a lot of ideas from others' boats.

Parts, namely helm seats, and the screen's for the port and starboard cabin windows as well as any of the weather stripping that still maybe out there, port window leaks in heavy rain - there is a lot of some items and not a lot of others out there...helm seats seem to be very rare, screens and windows may have to be custom made unless you can find a junker (in boat for-sale lots in the South such as Georgia, just check in boat trader.com for cheap boats to get hooked up with some of these guys.  For weather stripping, www.chrisparts.com in FL are about the best.  The guy there used to work for CC in the 80's and bough up most of their stock on boats like ours when CC stopped production and went to the newer eruo style models.  In the Catalina forum, I posted several photos and info on my cabin window resealing project - hey, nor more leaks!

Welcome aboard !

Tom

Edited by Sonja Lowe on November 07 2014 at 16:52

"MY WAY"
Back to Top Printable version View Nauti Cat's Profile Search for other posts by Nauti Cat

Nauti Cat
"Commander"

Posted: December 06 2010 at 20:08 | IP Logged Quote Nauti Cat

that CC Catalina forum is the Catalina Owners - http://www.boatus.com/boatgroups/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8 28&PN=1&TPN=103

"MY WAY"
Back to Top Printable version View Nauti Cat's Profile Search for other posts by Nauti Cat

andybuzz2u
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: December 06 2010 at 21:03 | IP Logged Quote andybuzz2u

Well Thanks for the info Tom. And i see there is a special place for Catalina owners. I am sure the mod will move this thread to the right place then.

1984 251 catalina 305/velvet drive.
Back to Top Printable version View andybuzz2u's Profile Search for other posts by andybuzz2u

MRE253
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: January 15 2011 at 21:41 | IP Logged Quote MRE253

WELCOME andybuzz2u Im new to the forum also,I found the shower sump pump under the first step going to the cockpit lift it up if carpeted wont show up,just a suggestion I have a 253 midcabin myself GOOD LUCK with her

Back to Top Printable version View MRE253's Profile Search for other posts by MRE253

]
] ]

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
  ]
Printable version Printable version