View Last Post Viking Yachts Links
Last Post By: Viking44
Forum: Viking Yacht

Posted: April 17 2014 at: 06:32

View Last Post Amerosport 320
Last Post By: Jerry737
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: April 13 2014 at: 16:00

View Last Post Any Uniflite Owners near Berkeley CA???
Last Post By: concordian
Forum: Uniflite

Posted: March 08 2014 at: 02:27

View Last Post Inverter
Last Post By: eshover
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: February 03 2014 at: 11:32

]
] ]

Chris Craft
 BoatUS Boat Groups/Manufacturer Forums>>Chris Craft
Subject Topic: New member introdution Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
Author
Message Prev Topic | Next Topic 
Jack32
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: November 18 2010 at 01:22 | IP Logged Quote Jack32

Hello to all,

My name is Jack McKenzie. My wife Lia and I have recently purchased a 1986 Constellation 500. Her new name is MV Mia Lia. The name with the previous owner was Peggie's Pirate. Originally she was called Miss Katherine and was owned by Ed McMahon (Here's Johnny). For the last 13 years she has been a liveaboard and is currently on the hard in Oxnard CA getting some well earned TLC. When her beauty treatment is complete she will call San Francisco home.
I really appreciate the wealth of knowledge and years of experience evident in the forum. Being new I don't know the right way to search and would appreciate some guidance.

Thanks in advance for you help,
Jack

Back to Top Printable version View Jack32's Profile Search for other posts by Jack32

Banjoman
"First Mate"

Posted: November 18 2010 at 09:45 | IP Logged Quote Banjoman

Jack - please re-post this query under the "Constellation" catagory.  Welcome aboard!  I have owned a 500 for 8 years and Pete has owned one since the Vikings came over.  Do yourself a favor and contact Pete Minot (over in the Constellation forum page) and buy his "Connie USB Stick".  It contains a compilation of information garnered from forum members and will offer you more information than Chris Craft could have when the boat was new.

Many of us Connie owners (500 AND 460) have made many, many modifications, improvements and repairs to our boats and can (and do) help each other save many hundreds of dollars and man hours.  For example: the dreaded watertank replacment was turned into a three day job by myself and a friend (with all parts on hand).  This is addressed on Pete's USB drive.  The charge is minimal and he put many, many hours into it.

Anyway, please go over to the Constellation page and post there.  You will get a proper response to any question you may have.

Welcome!

Marine Survey - Yacht Delivery
www.easternmarineservices.com
Back to Top Printable version View Banjoman's Profile Search for other posts by Banjoman

Jack32
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: November 18 2010 at 12:54 | IP Logged Quote Jack32

Hello Emory,

Thanks for the welcome. I need some guidance navigating the BoatUS website. I can't figure out how to
"go over to the Constellation page". When I posted I was on the  "BoatUS Boat Groups/ Manufacturer Forums>>Chris Craft, Topic: Murray Chris Craft Constellations" page, which I thought was the Constellation page. How do I get to the Constellation page?
Thanks for your help.

Back to Top Printable version View Jack32's Profile Search for other posts by Jack32

TStellato
"Deckhand"

Posted: November 18 2010 at 19:20 | IP Logged Quote TStellato

Jack,

I am going to copy and paste your info about your boat the forum.  To get the the Connie forum, go to the Boat US forum then click Chris Craft, look down the Chris Craft forums until you see Murray Chris Craft Constellation (forum started by Pete), click onto the arrow or last page (we are up to 93 pages).  That will bring you to the last entry and then you will see the "posting box" at the end of that page.  If you bookmark the page once you are on the Chris Craft forum it will bring it up everytime.  The Catalina forum and the Connie forums are the most active.

Did you buy the Connie that has been listed on Yachtworld for a couple of years at $300K and then they dropped their price?  We all love our Connies and there is a lot of great information on the forum.  We have the first 50 Connie built when Chris Craft bought out Uniflite, so we are sort of a hybrid of Uniflite and Chris Craft.  Originally our boat sold for $500K when new.  They do not build boats like this anymore!!  We drilled through the upper salon to our master and found out the floor is 4 1/2" thick!  Quite impressive for an exterior divide let alone for an interior floor.  Welcome to the forum.

Vicki

Back to Top Printable version View TStellato's Profile Search for other posts by TStellato

]
] ]

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
  ]
Printable version Printable version