View Last Post Viking Yachts Links
Last Post By: Viking44
Forum: Viking Yacht

Posted: April 17 2014 at: 06:32

View Last Post Amerosport 320
Last Post By: Jerry737
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: April 13 2014 at: 16:00

View Last Post Any Uniflite Owners near Berkeley CA???
Last Post By: concordian
Forum: Uniflite

Posted: March 08 2014 at: 02:27

View Last Post Inverter
Last Post By: eshover
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: February 03 2014 at: 11:32

]
] ]

Chris Craft
 BoatUS Boat Groups/Manufacturer Forums>>Chris Craft
Subject Topic: Seaward Electric & liquid stove tops Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
Author
Message Prev Topic | Next Topic 
Dah Boat
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: August 06 2010 at 15:36 | IP Logged Quote Dah Boat

I have a 1985 / 281-Catalina , Last month I was in the galley and a pot fell on the stove top and broke the glass. I have called a lot of glasizers, RV companies and even found Seaward that moved and no one seems to have any Idea how I can replace it, No on cuts Tempered glass anymore . Does anyone have some type of answer that I can followup on? Does anyone know of a parts house that might have used Chris Craft items.  I'm Desperate!!!

Needing Help.

Edited by Dah Boat on August 06 2010 at 15:52
Back to Top Printable version View Dah Boat's Profile Search for other posts by Dah Boat

boatman66
"Commander"

Posted: August 08 2010 at 12:29 | IP Logged Quote boatman66

TRY "CHRIS PARTS .COM IF NOT THEY MAY DIRECT YOU TO SOMEONE WHO CAN HELP YOU

Dah Boat
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: August 08 2010 at 13:07 | IP Logged Quote Dah Boat

Boatman66 Thanks, I'll try. Thanks.

Back to Top Printable version View Dah Boat's Profile Search for other posts by Dah Boat

Dah Boat
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: August 09 2010 at 09:37 | IP Logged Quote Dah Boat

I purchased my boat in the year 2000, It was 15 years old when I got it. A 1985 Chris Craft 281 Catalina, It is now 25 years old. I was told that the previous owner took good care of it & I did the right thing by getting it surveyed  by a  surveyor who’s reputation was good, When it was done he told me that the boat was in good shape and that there was some things I should get done. I then followed what he recommended I do, Change oil & filters, tune up, replace a few hoses, etc. since then I have tried to do things to keep it shape. I do one major item each year to keep it in shape.

This year I had the bottom baint removed down to Jell coat, they took 10 + coats of bottom paint off and I resurfaced any inperfections and had a good primer hand rubbed on, repainted with new water line stripe.  It has Twin Merc criusers 260 and I am very proud of it. every thing works except for the 1st above posting which I won't stop until I get it fixed. I got one more year before I retire, and then its off to a warmer climate which I'll take it with me.

diveryates
"Lieutenant"

Posted: August 11 2010 at 20:31 | IP Logged Quote diveryates

Dah Boat,

Seaward is the Mfg'r of these stoves. You should be able to just lift out the old stove to peek for the label.  Get the model# and Serial Number (if availible) and contact them. While you're at it, measure the hole in the counter and compare that with the specs at Seaward. See if they have parts for that model# or have replacment parts from a current model that will fit the older model. Here's the main link:

http://www.seawardproducts.com/

Here is their current product line of your type stove:

http://www.seawardproducts.com/gourmet.htm

If no parts, the two-burner unit might just drop right in. Or, resize the hole in the galley counter a little to accomidate the new unit... if you choose to replace.

Best, Diver

Dah Boat
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: August 12 2010 at 00:14 | IP Logged Quote Dah Boat

Thanks, I did contact Seaward and they don't have a unit to replace. But I found a place that deals with glass for that type of stove, (Electric) and they cut the glass to fit. It only cost me $65.00 and I have replaced it already. It work very well. They are the only one in the lower NY state that has the ability to do it and the glass is good upto 1400 degrees. They do have some that goes upto 1800 but it was not necessary, the burners are 800 and 1100 watts and generate only about 500 degrees. I appreciate all who have responded to my call for HELP!

My next project is to replace all aluminum parts with stainless steel, I have done some already , but the cock pit railings. I have replace all teak rails with new teak cut a little larger (Wider about 1/2 inch.) all latches are now stainless as well. but the posts are aluminum, top and bottom holder are stainless but are frozen to the aluminum. need to replace all. thats going to be about $300.00, but well worth it.   

Edited by Dah Boat on August 12 2010 at 00:15

diveryates
"Lieutenant"

Posted: August 12 2010 at 11:24 | IP Logged Quote diveryates

Good deal Dah Boat (love the name!)

I really like your stove solution- you use your availible resourses well.

Yup- new railing bases.

Here are some reference shots of interest and may be of some help

281's are top-drawer vessels- you should be proud!

Check things out on the Catalina string- a good read. hope to hear from you soon.

Best, Roy

Dah Boat
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: August 12 2010 at 12:48 | IP Logged Quote Dah Boat

Thanks Roy, I like the shots of the cock pits, I'd like to post shot of my vessel but have not figured out how to do, only been member since Monday. Working on it, Yes its one of the most prized vessels around, because most people like the the cabin setup. I found mine by going to many marinas, just looking over all and seeing as many vessels as I could and I only found two Catalinas for sale one and 84 and the one I got the 85. Both were in very good shape. Most Cats if not taken care of have faded stripes and have dull coating. These two were both well maintained and the price was right.

I got in touch with Chris Craft and got the orignal bill of sale at $44,786.32,  I was suprised at the cost, I also found that the orignal owner had it registered with the Coast Guard, It still has the numbers located on the hull inside behind the couch upright, but NY you have to register with the State.

Just a note on why I named the vessel "Dah Boat" I spent a lot of time at the boat when I first got it and everyone used to ask me where I was because I was not around the usual places. I would tell the I was at "Dah Boat", So my wife said "Well you got your name" and I did. Its get a real laugh now because everyone tells me that they are at Dah Boat fixing something.

Talk to you soon, John

]
] ]

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
  ]
Printable version Printable version