View Last Post Viking Yachts Links
Last Post By: Viking44
Forum: Viking Yacht

Posted: April 17 2014 at: 06:32

View Last Post Amerosport 320
Last Post By: Jerry737
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: April 13 2014 at: 16:00

View Last Post Any Uniflite Owners near Berkeley CA???
Last Post By: concordian
Forum: Uniflite

Posted: March 08 2014 at: 02:27

View Last Post Inverter
Last Post By: eshover
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: February 03 2014 at: 11:32

]
] ]

Marathon Boats
 BoatUS Boat Groups/Manufacturer Forums>>Marathon Boats
Subject Topic: New Marathon Owner Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
Author
Message Prev Topic | Next Topic 
RWHITE1948
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: May 28 2010 at 10:14 | IP Logged Quote RWHITE1948

My name is Ronald White and I have just bought a 1984 Marathon 25 cuddy/aft cabin with a 220-hp 5 liter mercruiser I/O. It has a V-berth, a aft cabin,camperback, fridge, stove,sink, a stand up head with shower. Its pretty dirty, needs a new paint job, a real good cleaning and a lot of TLC. I am going to try to restore this old boat to its former glory. I am sure that many of you fellow MARATHON boat owners are doing the same so any advice you can give me will be much appreciated.

FRED
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: May 28 2010 at 11:20 | IP Logged Quote FRED

RON

WELCOME TO THE MARATHON BOAT OWNERS GROUP. IF YOU LOOK TO THE LEFT OF THIS SCREEN YOU WILL SEE A LISTING CALLED BOAT GROUPS CLICK ON THAT AND YOU WILL GET A LIST OF BOAT OWNERS GROUPS BY THE FIRST LETTER OF THE MFG NAME CLICK ON MARATHON AND YOU WILL GET TO THE FORUM THEN LOOK FOR A TOPIC FROM NORM RICHARDS THERE WILL BE A LINK POSTED BY HIM TO DIRECT YOU TO THE MEAT AND POTATOS PART OF THE FORUM

fredttinker@aol.com  send me a picture of tour vessel

fred

Norm_Richards
"Seaman"

Posted: May 28 2010 at 11:45 | IP Logged Quote Norm_Richards

Hey Sir White of "48". Welcome to your new Marathon Vessel.  We of Marathon Boat Ownership have a large group of members on the BOAT US.. (The same Boat US but a different front end from this server.).. It is a bit easier to work with for writing and picture posting etc.. You can find us in the Marathon Boat Owners Group Forum... Here is the direct link: (Now on page 86)

http://my.boatus.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=62706&PN= 1&TPN=86

When you get there.. your user Id & password should work the same as it does here... You want to see some Marathons??.. Page 52 is the pic page.. but there is scattered pics and all kinds of stuff throughout the now 86 pages of the MBOG Forum.

Page 64 has an original Marathon model brochure from 1986... etc etc .. so You have lots of reading to catch up on..

Sounds like you might have the Bermuda Express Model (Specs show it measuring 24.25 ft long.. but perhaps your's might be slightly bigger? like the Sea Blazer which specs show meauring in at 25.75 ft ???  both with a 96 inch beam.. In any event, Welcome to being a Marathon Owner.. Hope that you join us on the MBOG forum.

Anythng you need just email me at norm_richards@hotmail.com... Send me a pic of that new boat.. and we can post it on pg 52 of the MBOG forum. 

Marathon Boat Owners Group - Member #7 - VINTAGE HAVEN
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Back to Top Printable version View Norm_Richards's Profile Search for other posts by Norm_Richards

RWHITE1948
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: May 29 2010 at 08:14 | IP Logged Quote RWHITE1948

Thanks for the warm welcome Norm. I have a 1984 MARATHON which is brown and cream two-tone I was looking at the pictures of your boat and my 25 footer looks just like yours. Got a question for you. I also have the front and rear canvas and mine are clear.THe front canvas has a frame and I got it up and all snaped down, but the rear canvas does not have a frame but is is great condition, a little dirty mind you. Where can I get a frame to put in the rear canvas so I can install it.

Norm_Richards
"Seaman"

Posted: May 29 2010 at 13:40 | IP Logged Quote Norm_Richards

Ron, You'll probally have to go to a "boat top maker" to get a frame made to support the rear section.

Tops and the poles/frame to support it are a bit custom on each boat depemding on pole length & where side mounts are located on the deck etc.

The frame is usually just a few aluminum poles of various curved sizes that the support the top..  (they make up a sectioned top frame) & as well there are those other poles on the sides (probally three or so on each side), which support the entire rear canvas and afix it to the deck of the boat. You might have zippered section that join the front & rear canvas sections.

I'll look through some of my pics to try to show you the pole configuration.. and take a picture of the side poles..  (My rear canvas portion has three arched frame pieces which make up the roof/side support plus there are 3 side poles of various lengths which support the roof and those side poles afix the top to the deck of the boat.

>> Post back oin the other forum (link below).. Muct better and we can post pics in it.

http://my.boatus.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=62706&PN= 1&TPN=86

PS: Send me your email, pehaps a pic of the Marathon Ron.. And I'll send you a bunch of stuff on Marathon Etc..  Norm.. We have done a lot of research on Marathon including the historical and informational stuff from the beginning of Marathon. Hard to find considering Marathon started over like 30yrs old but has been out of biz since early 1990's.. It's almost an historical event to have a Marathon.. Almost like having a classic car  which kinda make it a vintage special moment to have one.

Edited by Norm_Richards on May 29 2010 at 13:47

Marathon Boat Owners Group - Member #7 - VINTAGE HAVEN
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Back to Top Printable version View Norm_Richards's Profile Search for other posts by Norm_Richards

]
] ]

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
  ]
Printable version Printable version