View Last Post Viking Yachts Links
Last Post By: Viking44
Forum: Viking Yacht

Posted: April 17 2014 at: 06:32

View Last Post Amerosport 320
Last Post By: Jerry737
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: April 13 2014 at: 16:00

View Last Post Any Uniflite Owners near Berkeley CA???
Last Post By: concordian
Forum: Uniflite

Posted: March 08 2014 at: 02:27

View Last Post Inverter
Last Post By: eshover
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: February 03 2014 at: 11:32

]
] ]

Chris Craft
 BoatUS Boat Groups/Manufacturer Forums>>Chris Craft
Subject Topic: 1989 501 Constellation Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
Author
Message Prev Topic | Next Topic 
finally found
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: April 23 2010 at 12:22 | IP Logged Quote finally found

We are considering the purchase of a 1989 501.  Love the look, LOVE the walk in engine room.  We currently have an aft cabin 43' Egg Harbor.  Any one who would like to share stories of the 501 with me (both good and bad), I would love the feedback.  Does anyone know of anyone trying to sell theirs??

Back to Top Printable version View finally found's Profile Search for other posts by finally found

Grey Goose
"Deckhand"

Posted: April 26 2010 at 14:43 | IP Logged Quote Grey Goose

I have a 501 and love it.  The only thing that I can say bad about the boat is that it should be "needs" stabilized.  Do a good engine survey and check for bad fuel and water tanks.  There are plenty for sale right now.  Where are you looking. I know of three clean 501 for sale on the Chesapeake.

Back to Top Printable version View Grey Goose's Profile Search for other posts by Grey Goose

finally found
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: April 29 2010 at 16:15 | IP Logged Quote finally found

I would love info on the 3 that you mentioned that are available!!
Back to Top Printable version View finally found's Profile Search for other posts by finally found

Grey Goose
"Deckhand"

Posted: April 29 2010 at 21:05 | IP Logged Quote Grey Goose

I see you are looking at an '89. Take a look at a '87 or '88. The salon
on these two years is increadable. Call Eric Horst at Bayport yachts, I
bought mine through him. He has probably sold more 501's than
anyone. His #(410) 212-5264. Good luck.

Back to Top Printable version View Grey Goose's Profile Search for other posts by Grey Goose

finally found
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: April 30 2010 at 14:33 | IP Logged Quote finally found

I will contact him today, thanks!

scottflys2
"Seaman"

Posted: June 10 2010 at 18:09 | IP Logged Quote scottflys2

Hi Just bought 501 in Naples needs some work but nice boat  need insurance 

Banjoman
"First Mate"

Posted: June 10 2010 at 21:38 | IP Logged Quote Banjoman

scottflys2 - try Traverlers. 

Marine Survey - Yacht Delivery
www.easternmarineservices.com
Back to Top Printable version View Banjoman's Profile Search for other posts by Banjoman

finally found
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: June 13 2010 at 14:04 | IP Logged Quote finally found

Did you happen to buy "Gemba"??????  Thats the one I really wanted?  :(((

scottflys2
"Seaman"

Posted: June 13 2010 at 15:51 | IP Logged Quote scottflys2

Sorry yes own the Gemba since last week having bottom work done this week will probably want to sell when I get the bill 

finally found
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: June 13 2010 at 16:11 | IP Logged Quote finally found

We never got around to actually making an offer.....  we were in the process of looking at her sister in Ontario.  We live in Fl and drove to see Gemba one week, and then the next I was in Ohio and decided to daytrip it and go see another 89 Galley-Up model.  For all appearance on the internet, the one in Ontario looked nicer........it isn't.  Interior wooden walls all need redone.  The layout below was a bit different as well.  Gemba has much more storage.  The round area on the counter next to the galley where the TV is sitting....... we looked below because it appears to have been something in the past...... Correct!  The one in Ontario is a wine cellar.  Remote controlled.  You push a button and it pops up out of the counter. 

We met with the broker for Gemba and were baffled that the boats registration said 07.  We were assuming and hoping that doesn't mean she has been sitting there since 07.  Contrary to what the broker was telling us, but why would the boat be run w/o the current registration sticker in place?  Great excuse to attract the Coastguard?!  We also noticed on the portside, midship, there was some kind of damage that was repaired.  It was repainted in that area, and they hadn't buffed the old with the new and it stood out. 

Good luck with her!!!  I am so jealous!!!  I was hoping she would stay on the market a few more months to secure her ourselves  Please keep in touch.

p.s. - never did the research on her.....  Her name used to be Jordan and came from Texas. 

Would love to know what you negotiated her for, so that we can go to battle on the one in Ontario.  There were so few galley-up models made.  They are "asking" the same that Gemba was listed for.  I wouldn't want you to broadcast it for the world if you aren't comfortable doing that, but if you would want to share it, you can email me direct at kathy.schory@gmail.com.

Congrats!!!!

scottflys2
"Seaman"

Posted: June 13 2010 at 19:20 | IP Logged Quote scottflys2

Hi again
Just got home I live in san antonio and have a 34 sea ray sedan  in key allegro rockport
trying to get it on the market.  I am going back to Naples on monday didn't see the damage but will look now we had it hauled for survey and hull was sound no zincs or bottom paint.  The jet boat is going to take a lot of work to make seaworthy. There were many systems that need service boat would only do about 13k and was overheating.  I know with some tlc it will be a great boat.  Good luck

finally found
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: July 16 2010 at 14:02 | IP Logged Quote finally found

We are actively looking again for a Jefferson galley-up or 501 Constellation.  Do you mind telling me approx. what you negotiated Gemba for?  You could email me directly at kathy.schory@gmail.com.  We are still looking at Gemba's sister in Canada, even though it is not as nice and needs more work.  They are asking too much and based their new asking price on what Gemba was listed for.  We both know that was not a realistic price!

Thanks for your help.  Let me also know how Gemba is progressing with her new owner!!

]
] ]

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
  ]
Printable version Printable version