View Last Post Viking Yachts Links
Last Post By: Viking44
Forum: Viking Yacht

Posted: April 17 2014 at: 06:32

View Last Post Amerosport 320
Last Post By: Jerry737
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: April 13 2014 at: 16:00

View Last Post Any Uniflite Owners near Berkeley CA???
Last Post By: concordian
Forum: Uniflite

Posted: March 08 2014 at: 02:27

View Last Post Inverter
Last Post By: eshover
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: February 03 2014 at: 11:32

]
] ]

Doral
 BoatUS Boat Groups/Manufacturer Forums>>Doral
Subject Topic: 2001 DORAL 250SE OWNER Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
Author
Message Prev Topic | Next Topic 
bannister
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: December 05 2009 at 17:35 | IP Logged Quote bannister

hello from Athens Greece.

I was reading the forums here for a while and decided to join you.
I am a new owner of a 2001 250 SE with a 5.7 Mercruiser EFI and Bravo 3 drive.
Received the boat 3 weeks ago and started repairing and changing a few things.
So, I need parts.... but there's no Doral dealer in my country.
Emailed Doral a few times and got a respond after some days.
Tryed again today to send them emails for parts and prices request and the emails keep coming back as undeliverable.......
Does anyone know if there is a problem with Doral head office?

Anyone have another source for parts?

I need pricing for the following parts for my 2001 250 SE.

1. V berth wood table

2. extended swim platform NuTeak PVC insert

3. radar arch holding dolts hole covers (small stainless steel plates)

4. a set of new skylight windows flanges

Also I noticed that the breaker panel inside the boat says 110/220V AC !
Does anyone knows if that means that I can connect the shore power line to a 220V plug without the use of a tranformer?

Sorry for the long post,

Themis.

Edited by bannister on December 05 2009 at 17:38
Back to Top Printable version View bannister's Profile Search for other posts by bannister

WCYC Doral
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 22 2010 at 09:38 | IP Logged Quote WCYC Doral

You've probably already figured out how to contact Doral by now, but just in case you haven't, here are two reliable contacts I have personally and recently dealt with at Doral International in Quebec:

Sylvie Lacasse, Parts Coordinator, slacasse@doralboat.com

Richie Grenier, Service/Warranty Coordinator, richard@doralboat.com

Back to Top Printable version View WCYC Doral's Profile Search for other posts by WCYC Doral

bannister
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 22 2010 at 15:11 | IP Logged Quote bannister

Found out after countless emails and after lots of phone calls.
They have to improve their e-mail response time. Time zone difference is a problem for phone calls.
Anyway, talked to those two and finally got everything I needed.

Sadly, the v-berth table is too expensive at 800+ euros + freight + customs, so I will have a local carpenter make one from a template and pictures.
Most parts were available and priced well.

Have to say that the technical departement is way faster though. Got every info I needed for a wiring job I had to do, in an hour.

Thanks anyway.

Edited by bannister on March 23 2010 at 15:42
Back to Top Printable version View bannister's Profile Search for other posts by bannister

bannister
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 26 2010 at 16:53 | IP Logged Quote bannister

Hello again,

Time to launch the boat. Wheather in Greece is great for boating already.

Does anyone know where I can hide the cockpit table in the boat?

Cheers,

Themis.

WCYC Doral
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 28 2010 at 21:51 | IP Logged Quote WCYC Doral

When I owned my 250SE, I put the table in the aft cabin when it wasn't in use. A friend of mine would put his nestled in the engine compartment on the starboard side, but I never saw how he did it.  Enjoy!  Still a couple months away for us in Vermont, USA!
Back to Top Printable version View WCYC Doral's Profile Search for other posts by WCYC Doral

bannister
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 29 2010 at 03:59 | IP Logged Quote bannister

AFT it is then as my engine room is crowded already with 3 batteries and the isolation transformer.

What engine and props did you use on the 250?
Mine has the 5.7 EFI 260hp and 22 props. Still haven't test it but mechanic says that I might either need a 6.2 engine or 20 pitch props.
Any ideas?

Regards,
Themis.

WCYC Doral
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 29 2010 at 21:26 | IP Logged Quote WCYC Doral

I had the Volvo Penta 5.7Gi w/ DuoProp (280HP), and found it to have plenty of power.  I don't know off hand the pitch of the props, but I will find out and let you know.  I wouldn't even entertain replacing the engine, because of the cost and effort, and because I think switching out props will solve your problem. The only drawback I found with the boat, was the heel to port or starboard depending on the water tank level. Mine had four 6V deep cycle batteries and an inverter, (plus a starting battery) which allowed me to use the microwave, a LCD TV I installed and other AC accessories without the expense of a generator.  It was a great boat.  My mom and dad bought it from me when I upgraded to the 330SE last fall.

bannister
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 30 2010 at 07:21 | IP Logged Quote bannister

I have 1 starting battery and 2 access batteries (all 100Ah) and will buy a small 2KW portable generator  to keep things simple and light as possible.

3 x 100Ah x 23kg + isolation transformer (boat 120V, grid 240V) x 38kg=107kg
Have tried to distribute the weight (moved the 2 access batteries to the starboard) to balance the weight of a full tank of fresh water and empty waste tank. If there is still a list to one side, I will experiment with the level of the tanks to balance it (maybe keep an amount of seawater in the waste tank....)
Also fitted 60m of chain in the anchor locker that will level the bow too.

Themis.

WCYC Doral
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 30 2010 at 20:34 | IP Logged Quote WCYC Doral

Sounds like you have it all under control.  I made a couple modifications to mine while I had it.  I installed a 19" LCD/DVD TV in the fore V berth where the mirror is.  And i installed a locker on the port side entry from the swim platform to store lines.  The majority of that boat is packed to the gills with features, but there is a enough available space above the water tank to allow for a locker.  When my father pulls his out of storage, I'll let you know about the prop pitch.  I think he's going to go all chain anchor rode as well.  You're right, better fore/aft balance of the batteries, and better bite in the windlass (which I installed as well, what a difference that makes!)

bannister
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 31 2010 at 05:49 | IP Logged Quote bannister

I keep my ropes in the locker under the helm seat.
Windlass is always nice, especially here in Greece where we use the boats at sea and have to anchor at various depths and different wind whether conditions each time.
Also installed a chain counter where the stereo remote used to be (under the trim tabs switch).
For sound I have a Fusion CD player/radio/USB unit with helm remote and a 4x100 Clarion amplifier with 4x200Watts MB Quart speakers.
For TV/DVD/DVB-T, I installed a 17in TFT monitor at the same place as you and moved the mirror at the inside of the head door (fiance needs a mirror to admire herself ). The monitor is connected to an automotive unit made by DIETZ (BOA 85702) that supports analog TV, digital TV, USB, DVD and SD card. It can also be connected to a laptop. The sound in going through the stereo via the AUX in port.
All that is supported by a Glomex aerial and signal amplifier.

Mikesf
"Seaman"

Posted: April 01 2010 at 22:40 | IP Logged Quote Mikesf

I have a 2006 250 Monticello. The boat will have a list if the water tank
is not full. But when the water tank is full, along with a tank of gas, it
will have a hard time getting on plane with 3 or more people in it. I
have a 5.7L 300hp Mercruiser. With one or two on board, the boat
easily planes out. Of course, trim tabs solve plane problem when
carrying a full load.
Back to Top Printable version View Mikesf's Profile Search for other posts by Mikesf

bannister
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: April 01 2010 at 23:03 | IP Logged Quote bannister

What pitch are your props ?

Mikesf
"Seaman"

Posted: April 03 2010 at 21:26 | IP Logged Quote Mikesf

Not sure of the prop pitch but it is the original prop that came with the
boat.
Back to Top Printable version View Mikesf's Profile Search for other posts by Mikesf

bannister
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: April 11 2010 at 17:48 | IP Logged Quote bannister

Finally launched !!!

Did a small test ride for 20 minutes due to high winds.
Everything works great and as it is supposed too. Props are looking fine too.
Have a small listing problem that fixed easilly by moving one battery from starboard back to the port side.

Baoting season started in Greece.

Happy boating season to everyone.

WCYC Doral
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: April 12 2010 at 11:17 | IP Logged Quote WCYC Doral

Good for you!  I spent Saturday organizing my battery layout and other miscellaneous stuff.  It will be another few weeks before I launch, but I am definitely ready, even if the weather isn't!  One of my buddies who owns a 330SE with Mercs and BIIIs was having a prop pitch problem as well.  He purchased another set and will try them out this summer.  The interesting point is that he confirmed the boat came from the factory with the inadequate prop setup, which makes me wonder if Mercruiser was specifying the wrong pitch props on their Bravo III deliveries to Doral (or maybe everyone).  My experience with Volvo Penta DuoProp performance has been fine in the 250SE, 310SE, and 330SE. 

wrightpriorities
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: April 19 2010 at 22:51 | IP Logged Quote wrightpriorities

bannister--- i also had a 25se.. if i remember correctly if you go into the aftcabin and look to your right under the little shelf there should be some snaps.. on the back of the table there should also be some snaps.. in mine i could slide the table in and snap it in place..

also i am wcyc buddy with the 330 se mine came from the factory with 20 pitch props way under propped.. i picked up a set of 22 and 24 pitch.. the 22's worked great but still was turning kinda high in the rpm range.. going to try the 24 as soon as i can get it wet!

loved my 25.. congrats!

Back to Top Printable version View wrightpriorities's Profile Search for other posts by wrightpriorities

bannister
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: April 20 2010 at 06:02 | IP Logged Quote bannister

Hi,
Thanks for the info.
What year was yours? Have not checked for snaps there, will look into it. Useful if they are there, can add them if they are not.......

Had my first real ride last Saturday heading to an island called Aigina right outside Athens which is 24 miles away (can actually see it from my balcony). With 2b winds and a small chop, I was able to cruise at 3500 rpm doing 24knots on the GPS with very little trim and no use of the trim tabs and burning avg. 45 liters per hour. Had full fuel and water, empty waste tank, me and fiance plus a small dinghy, full fridge and full gear.
So far I am very pleased with the performance with the 22" props.

Now I am trying to find a way to get my hands on a set of new Todd pedestals for the tables as I only have 1 for the cockpit table and that is broken.
I am also looking to find the cabin table as the cost to order it from Doral is ridiculous. They are asking 850 euro for the table plus shipping and customs.
I will probably have a carpenter make me one from template.....
If anyone knows the source for the table....

Cheers,
Themis.

wrightpriorities
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: April 20 2010 at 07:43 | IP Logged Quote wrightpriorities

bannister.. mine also was a 2001.. i would visit a local fine carpenter.. i had a cherry table made for the back of my 25 came out awesome.. i kinda think your numbers are off.. if my memory is correct i would run 28-30 mph at 3500rpm full fuel and water.. not by gps.  

Back to Top Printable version View wrightpriorities's Profile Search for other posts by wrightpriorities

bannister
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: April 20 2010 at 08:40 | IP Logged Quote bannister

24 knots actually are almost 28 miles.
my speedo also reads 30 miles at 3500 rpm.

wrightpriorities
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: April 20 2010 at 16:09 | IP Logged Quote wrightpriorities

oops your right.. momentary lapse.. i was thinking backwards.. sound like your prefect! 

chump123
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: August 02 2011 at 15:03 | IP Logged Quote chump123

What are

"new skylight windows flanges"

I have a 2001 250 SE.  I bought new Todd poles years ago.  Sorry but I can't recall where I found them.  On the net somewhere.  

Edited by chump123 on August 02 2011 at 15:06
Back to Top Printable version View chump123's Profile Search for other posts by chump123

]
] ]

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
  ]
Printable version Printable version