View Last Post Viking Yachts Links
Last Post By: Viking44
Forum: Viking Yacht

Posted: April 17 2014 at: 06:32

View Last Post Amerosport 320
Last Post By: Jerry737
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: April 13 2014 at: 16:00

View Last Post Any Uniflite Owners near Berkeley CA???
Last Post By: concordian
Forum: Uniflite

Posted: March 08 2014 at: 02:27

View Last Post Inverter
Last Post By: eshover
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: February 03 2014 at: 11:32

]
] ]

Bluewater Yachts
 BoatUS Boat Groups/Manufacturer Forums>>Bluewater Yachts
Subject Topic: Bluewater Owners Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
Author
Message Prev Topic | Next Topic 
Dave G
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 10 2009 at 15:07 | IP Logged Quote Dave G

Just signed on to this. We have owned our 1979 45' Sport Sedan since 2006. Completley redone inside. Not as nice as others I have seen but very comfortable.

Noticed many people on this forum from MN, as are we. We port in Hastings on the Mississippi and go to the St Croix. Beatiful area.

Hope to get some people interested in talking about their Bluewaters.

I'll Keep checking back.

RelaxInn
Back to Top Printable version View Dave G's Profile Search for other posts by Dave G

Jerry92746
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 10 2009 at 17:30 | IP Logged Quote Jerry92746

Dave G,

Hi, welcome to the forum. Check this link for more info.

http://www.boatus.com/boatgroups/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8 79

Actually, it sounds like we own identical boats. Is your sport sedan 45' OAl or is it actually classed as a 45'.

The reason I ask is our boat is listed in company literature as a 40' BlueWater Yachts Sport Sedan, but is it 45' long.

Post a picture if you have one.

Jerry

Dave G
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 11 2009 at 10:02 | IP Logged Quote Dave G

Jerry,

Very similar, but ours is shown in the literature as a 45'. We have 50' with the swim platform.

We have redone the lower suite into a king bed with dressers along one side. Lower head with shower and vacuflush system.

The main salon has new carpeting, curtains and duet shades. TV, fold out queen sleeper and leather recliner.

The galley has full size fridge, micro, oven and range. Upper head has a shower which I converted into a tool and supply room. All flooring on galley level and head is teak laminate flooring. Aft salon has a dinette set and sofa.

Aft area outside is carpeted and I installed a canopy over the entire area. Used to have ladder to upper deck coming right up the center and I removed that and built stairs up the port side-aft.

Upper deck used to have canvas surrounding the rail and I removed and installed fiberglass panneling. New 10' x 8' Bimini over flybridge and added fridge make for comfortable travelling from topside.

I'll have to review how to add image.

Dave G

RelaxInn
Back to Top Printable version View Dave G's Profile Search for other posts by Dave G

Jerry92746
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 13 2009 at 14:16 | IP Logged Quote Jerry92746

Dave,

OK, now I know which boat you have. We looked at a couple of that style when we bought HUNKY-DORY.

I have updated the picture in my signature to a more recent one that shows the hardtop I added last year. I have thought about adding stairs on the side like you did and would really like to see a picture of how you did it.

To post a picture here you have to first upload it to an online host like photobucket. Then just copy the url, click on the add image icon at the top of this window and paste it.

Back to Top Printable version View Jerry92746's Profile Search for other posts by Jerry92746

Dave G
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 18 2009 at 17:27 | IP Logged Quote Dave G

I have been trying to upload pictures and have them on myboat.us but having trouble getting to post.

I like the look of yours with the anchor roller enclosed. It really changes the appearance. I mounted my own windlass and made the roller support and plan to enclose to look like your style.

I currently have dinghy tilt up off of swim platform and like it on top of canopy.

Is your canopy original or did you make it?

How and what style davits did you use and how does it extend to drop down?

Doing the stairs worked really well by just continuing when you walk up from the aft deck on the port side. The problem with yours is the fact that the canopy may be an abstruction that you would have to duck around.

I'll keep working on the pictures.

Dave G

RelaxInn

Jerry92746
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 19 2009 at 12:06 | IP Logged Quote Jerry92746

Dave, before you post the picture, you need to reduce the size so that it will fit the screen. If you upload your pictures to photobucket, they will automatically do it for you

Here are a couple of pictures of how I made my bow pulpit and the hardtop. To see all of the pictures, go to this link: http://s707.photobucket.com/albums/ww79/Jerry92746/

The davits are home made from 7/8" stainless tubing. I don't have any good pictures that show the way they tilt out. I will take some and post them as soon as I can.

Edited by Jerry92746 on March 19 2009 at 12:12
Back to Top Printable version View Jerry92746's Profile Search for other posts by Jerry92746

Jerry92746
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 19 2009 at 12:11 | IP Logged Quote Jerry92746

Dave,here is your picture

Deleted

You can see why I said you need to reduce the size.

Edited by Jerry92746 on March 19 2009 at 13:28

Dave G
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 19 2009 at 12:54 | IP Logged Quote Dave G

Very Nice!

You are quite a craftsman.

I have gone to photo bucket reduced size and inserted link and it always comes out too big. I'll get it eventually.

RelaxInn

Jerry92746
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 19 2009 at 13:24 | IP Logged Quote Jerry92746

When you go to photobucket to upload your pictures, look right below the tab that says "Upload Images & Video" and you will see an option to "Reduce to:". Just select the size you want, then click on "choose files" and select the pictures you want to upload. They will automatically be reduced as they upload.

Then, to post the pictures, point at the picture you want and select "img code" from the drop down box that appears, then just copy and paste.

The link should read like this, without the two asterisks that I inserted between the I and the M in img at the beginning and end. I had to insert the asterisks to keep the picture from posting. 

[I*MG]http://i707.photobucket.com/albums/ww79/Jerry92746/002.jpg[/I*MG]

I removed the picture from the above post so the screen could go back to it's original size.

Edited by Jerry92746 on March 19 2009 at 13:31

Dave G
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 20 2009 at 10:16 | IP Logged Quote Dave G

Jerry,

Finally got it right.

My wife and I sometimes look at newer larger boats and find we just can't find anything with the layout like we have.

I think the best thing to do is to upgrade everything like you have done and then you really are familiar with all aspects of the boat.

I'm sure I will be checking back with you many times to try and learn things from you and gain your knowledge.

Heading to Fla for a few weeks and hoping spring will be here when we get back so I can prepare everything to go back in the water soon.

Dave

RelaxInn

]
] ]

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
  ]
Printable version Printable version