View Last Post Viking Yachts Links
Last Post By: Viking44
Forum: Viking Yacht

Posted: April 17 2014 at: 06:32

View Last Post Amerosport 320
Last Post By: Jerry737
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: April 13 2014 at: 16:00

View Last Post Any Uniflite Owners near Berkeley CA???
Last Post By: concordian
Forum: Uniflite

Posted: March 08 2014 at: 02:27

View Last Post Inverter
Last Post By: eshover
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: February 03 2014 at: 11:32

]
] ]

Marathon Boats
 BoatUS Boat Groups/Manufacturer Forums>>Marathon Boats
Subject Topic: MARATHON OWNERS GROUP Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
Author
Message Prev Topic | Next Topic 
FRED
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: January 07 2009 at 15:09 | IP Logged Quote FRED

THIS IS THE HARDEST FORUM I HAVE EVER TRIED TO USE.

I HAVE A 1986 MARATHON 2350 SUNBLAZER CRUISER POWERED BY A MERCRUISER 190MR (488?) 4 CYL.  GREAT BOAT! I HAVE OWNED HER SINCE 2001 I HAVE DONE EXTENSIVE RESEARCH INTO THE COMPANY HISTORY , AND HAVE A 1986 MARATHON CATALOG. IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE  ANY OF THIS INFORMATION I WOULD BE HAPPY TO SHARE IT. I AM A RETIRED USAF AIRCRAFT MECHANIC AND HAVE GLEANED A BIT OF INFO ABOUT THE 470,488,190MR ENGINES THAT I WOULD BE GLAD TO GIVE OUT

mrbarr2000
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: January 26 2009 at 02:19 | IP Logged Quote mrbarr2000

Hi Fred

I just bought an 1987 2550 sport cruiser , It has the chevy 305  and I would appreciate any info on the plumbing, stove ,water heater, and water storage , that you could give me . the boat was said to only have 300 hrs on it and was stored pretty well and is in great condition paint is a little faded but not bad , the interior is in great condition also. This is my first boat and I don't know how a lot of the pumps and storage tanks function so again it would greatly appreciated if you could share some of your knowledge with me , hope to here back from you soon my email address is mrbarr1barr@aol.com my screen name here on the forum is mrbarr2000 THANKS

Norm_Richards
"Seaman"

Posted: January 26 2009 at 16:44 | IP Logged Quote Norm_Richards

Mr Tinker and Mr Barr:

We have a fairly large and growing Marathon Boat Owners Group forum on my.boatus site and one of our members saw your recent solo posts on the this site.

We are trying to consolidate and pool all the Marathon owners over to the large forum as to be more collective and equipped and to share our info, ideas, repairing, maintaining etc our Marathons.

Mr. Tinker, I have sent you a few emails and links in the past.. and to you Mr. Barr, this is our first contact... but gentlemen, so you are aware, there is lots of info and expertise on Marathon Boats from the members of our group and I expect you also have lots of questions and info and can also greatly contribute to our forum.

There is lots activity over at the Marathon Boat Owners Group site and they have lots of knowledge and experience.. from anything to everything about boating etc anfd Marathons so drop over. I'm sure that all can help with your Marathon boats and you can also assist the others, in one aspect or another, with their Marathon boats.

Here is an updated link.. (Now on page 17 of our forum)... over 650 posts, and over 15,000 views... (So you guys have lots of reading and catching up to do)

Here is the link to the our main Marathon Boat Owners Group forum and we hope to see you there. 

http://my.boatus.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=62706&PN= 1&TPN=17

(Watch for my email as it might route to your junk folder, depending on your settings.. but it is entitled "ATTENTION MARATHON OWNERS" (Can't miss it)

Marathon Boat Owners Group - Member #7 - VINTAGE HAVEN
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Back to Top Printable version View Norm_Richards's Profile Search for other posts by Norm_Richards

mrbarr2000
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: January 28 2009 at 00:39 | IP Logged Quote mrbarr2000

Thanks Norm

I will be coming over to the site, I have the 1987 2550 Marathon cruiser that is in great shape inside and out , homever this is my first boat and don't know how to operate the stove, toilet, etc, so I will be coming over and look forward to learning and sharing any knowledge I can.

Norm_Richards
"Seaman"

Posted: January 28 2009 at 14:42 | IP Logged Quote Norm_Richards

Lots of us guys know various stuff.. some come-on over.. we can help you with any info that you may need. We are now on page 18 of the Marathon Boat Owners group..(and you'll want to go back to page 1 and read the posts through. There is lots of info and pics etc in there.. so come on over...

The link to page 18 is:

http://my.boatus.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=62706&PN= 1&TPN=18

Hope to see you there soon.

Norm

Edited by Norm_Richards on January 28 2009 at 14:45

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Back to Top Printable version View Norm_Richards's Profile Search for other posts by Norm_Richards

Viking Vern
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: January 31 2009 at 16:32 | IP Logged Quote Viking Vern

Greetings, Boaters. Hopefully I'm ending up on the Marathon boat owners group. At least that is the intention.

I'm a novice Marathon owner and have a 1987 21-foot cubby that I bought last fall. Got to use it a couple of tijmes before Pennsylvania winter set in. Looking forward to getting back on the water in the spring. Will have lots of questions in the future probably and will need your collective advice I'm sure. If I'm in the wrong forum here, let me know so I can sign out of this group and get into the right one. In the meantime, happy sailing to all.

Norm_Richards
"Seaman"

Posted: January 31 2009 at 18:34 | IP Logged Quote Norm_Richards

Quote: Viking Vern

Greetings, Boaters. Hopefully I'm ending up on the Marathon boat owners group. At least that is the intention.

I'm a novice Marathon owner and have a 1987 21-foot cubby that I bought last fall. Got to use it a couple of tijmes before Pennsylvania winter set in. Looking forward to getting back on the water in the spring. Will have lots of questions in the future probably and will need your collective advice I'm sure. If I'm in the wrong forum here, let me know so I can sign out of this group and get into the right one. In the meantime, happy sailing to all.

Hello Vern:

Congratulations of being a Marathon Boat Owner.. Yup, you're kinda in a smaller place.. than you want to be... The bigger group is in the my.boat.us.

There you'll find the "Marathon Boat Owners Group" forum which has 15 members plus.. There is lots of info that we have and we share..lol.. Lots of info on Marathons plus repairing of, maintenance of, upgrades, modifications, specs, the stoves, fridges, you name it.. we either have experience with it and can be of help. Pictures/email contacts, lots of posts, links to manuals etc, and right now we're in process of making our own group bow flag for our "Marathon Boat Owners Group" .. so come on over.... 

We'll be expecting you Vern...  just hit the link below and it will take you to our group forum.. to page 20!  Yup, already 20 pages full of stuff.. and lots of banter and wit and dry humor at times.. to make it a fun place to be as well as informative and helpful when it comes to Marathons as well as many other things. 

So here is the link to our current place on page 20.. So welcome to our world of Marathons.. We'll be expecting you.. (You would be Marathon Boat owner #16 in our group)..

http://my.boatus.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=62706&PN= 1&TPN=20

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Viking Vern
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: February 02 2009 at 08:52 | IP Logged Quote Viking Vern

Greetings Marathoners:

After some delays and confusion, I believe I am finally in the Marathon Boat Group forum. I will have to say it has been interesting reading some of the posts from the members. I can relate to many of them and have found some of them to hit situations I have already encountered in a short while. The one thing that comes through loud and clear is the devotion all of you have for your boats of various vintages and sizes. If indeed I am in the right place, I will attempt to post a photo of my Marathon. I know you have had some discussion of the torch in the M. I can't recall if my boat has one or not. I'll have to get into the photo file. You are all veterans of the boating wars (trying to keep your ships afloat). I already have the itch to get back on the water. I think that temps in the lower 50s in Pennsylvania start the blood flowing even as it melts the ice and snow. Hopefully the link is complete now so I can join your group of sea fareing experts.

Viking Vern

BIG M
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 12 2009 at 12:35 | IP Logged Quote BIG M

Hello,

My nmes is Marty and I was a cabinet maker and interior designer for Ed and Sandy Fitchet owners of Marathon Boats is Kershaw SC. Is still live about 2 miles from the old factory. If you have questions about any Marathon Boats I may be able to help. I worked for Marathon from 1984 to 1989 and was involved with production and design of all models. Each boat was hand built in our factory from start to finish. All modles were produced at this 1 factory.Mechanical items such as comtrols and motors were all bought direct form the manufacutrer so any boat repair shop can handle these questions, but if you have general questions about the construction process contact me at martysims@rocketmail.com

Back to Top Printable version View BIG M's Profile Search for other posts by BIG M

Norm_Richards
"Seaman"

Posted: March 12 2009 at 14:16 | IP Logged Quote Norm_Richards

Quote: BIG M

Hello,

My nmes is Marty and I was a cabinet maker and interior designer for Ed and Sandy Fitchet owners of Marathon Boats is Kershaw SC. Is still live about 2 miles from the old factory. If you have questions about any Marathon Boats I may be able to help. I worked for Marathon from 1984 to 1989 and was involved with production and design of all models. Each boat was hand built in our factory from start to finish. All modles were produced at this 1 factory.Mechanical items such as comtrols and motors were all bought direct form the manufacutrer so any boat repair shop can handle these questions, but if you have general questions about the construction process contact me at martysims@rocketmail.com

Marty, Marty, Marty, Marty, Marty, Marty, Marty, Marty, Marty, Marty, Marty,

Wow Marty, fancy meeting you here.. a genuine, still alive, Marathon Boat Guy..

Lots of us Marathon Owners may have a few questions.. We are on a slightly different forum site at .. .. now 40 pages + over 20000 views..lol.  I'm sure that some of members would have a few questions for you..

We are currently designing our own Marathon Boat Owners Flag for our group, using a graphic from the original "Big M" logo (as we call it), which was applied to the sides of the earlier Marathons, You might get a kick out of seeing it.. and sharing stuff with our group and they with you.. Kinda very exciting..

We have like 19 members... and all have Marathon Boats ranging between 1985 and 1989 and one member has the spin off- Marathon Cruiser built in 1992. (I myself have a 89 Bermuda Express 2550)

Marty, please come-on over to our forum and say hi. Again, for us, it would be exciting to have you aboard and thanks for your post, making yourself known to us.  

Here is the link to our forum on page 40... It would be great to reminisce with you and thanks for your contact.

http://my.boatus.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=62706&PN= 1&TPN=40

Norm

Edited by Norm_Richards on March 12 2009 at 14:41

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

TwoWheels
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 12 2009 at 22:17 | IP Logged Quote TwoWheels

Quote: BIG M

Hello,

Hi Marty:

I have a couple simple questions. I own a 1987 Marathon Falcon XL with the 4.3 V6:
1) Did these boats come with coast-Guard nameplates indicating passenger capacity? I coul;d not find evidence that there ever was one. Any idea how many passengers a Falcon XL was designed to carry (Less than I have, I assume)
2) I saw an 88 on ebay with cross-braces under the bow seats. Mine does not have these, which I am very happy about. Were they put in to reinforce the hull, or support the seat bases?
3) My boat has suffered a lot of wood rot, and some parts I cannot tell if they were redone to factory design or "freelance". In particular, is there supposed to be storage under the aft bench, and if so how was the seat pad retained?
4) The dash panel on my boat has a trim switch, but so does the trottle control handle. Was this the orignal setup, or did someone "improve" it? It seems like the dash must have been standard across many models.
5) The glovebox floor is carpeted wood, and the port cupholder drains dump right on to the floor of the glovebox. Factory or not factory?

Thanks. I'm actually quite fond of the old boat. I whent from a 2000 Yamaha twin engine jet boat to the Falcon, and I'm very happy I did (so far).

Dave
Back to Top Printable version View TwoWheels's Profile Search for other posts by TwoWheels

Norm_Richards
"Seaman"

Posted: March 13 2009 at 04:36 | IP Logged Quote Norm_Richards

Ok Marty of Big M and Dave of Two Wheels..

Nice to see we have other Marathoners in the world.. One who once worked for them (Marty) and another Marathon Boat owner (Two wheels).

Dave, as I mentioned to Marty, most of Marathon Owners are on a slightly different forum site than here... It is the larer group - 19 owners + others..

40 pages + over 20000 views..lol.  I'm sure that some of members would have a few questions for you.. and can help answer your questions. 

We are currently designing our own Marathon Boat Owners Flag for our group, using a graphic from the original "Big M" logo (as we call it), which was applied to the sides of the earlier Marathons, You might get a kick out of seeing it.. and sharing stuff with our group and they with you..

Come-on over to the main forum and say hi. Again, for us, it would be nice to have you both aboard.

Here is the link to our forum on page 40... 

http://my.boatus.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=62706&PN= 1&TPN=40

Norm

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

BIG M
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 30 2009 at 11:26 | IP Logged Quote BIG M

Hey everybody,

I'm finaly in, I think, If anyone has questions on Marathon manufacturing issues contact me. As I stated below I was a cabinet maker and designer for Ed and Sandy Fitchet who were the owners of Marathon boats in Kershaw SC.   Now I wish I had kept some of the old pictures from the catalogs.

I want to say thanks to Norm for helping me with my login issues.

Back to Top Printable version View BIG M's Profile Search for other posts by BIG M

Norm_Richards
"Seaman"

Posted: March 30 2009 at 11:43 | IP Logged Quote Norm_Richards

No problem Marty..  

Here is the right forum link Marty.. (now on page 47)

http://my.boatus.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=62706&PN= 1&TPN=47

(And check your rocket email..)

Edited by Norm_Richards on March 30 2009 at 11:48

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

MaverickGrabber
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: April 06 2009 at 18:48 | IP Logged Quote MaverickGrabber

i have a 1986 Marathon model 2001 is all i see listed on the tag its a 19 foot boat 3.0 merc alpha 1 ...just got it.......... been working on it ....would like to see other photos of one like it ....looks more like a ski boat low black windows ...had 2 bucket seats in the front and a bench and sun deck in the rear ...all this was removed by the person i got it from ......would like to see how it was laid out    

Back to Top Printable version View MaverickGrabber's Profile Search for other posts by MaverickGrabber

Norm_Richards
"Seaman"

Posted: April 06 2009 at 19:31 | IP Logged Quote Norm_Richards

Hmmm.. an 86 2001... 

Hey Mavrerick... I don't think that anyone in our Marathon Boat Owners Group has a 2001 model... but we'll have something close.. a lot will have similar interior layouts... and alot have pics of their boats... 

The main Marathon Boat Owners Group is now starting page 50...Here is the link to the big forum.. in the mean time, will starting trying to track down some info on the 2001 model.. see you over on the other side...into the big Marathon forum.. just follow the link..

Oh, by the way, there are 20 owners in our group.. + a few avid honorary boaters...  quite the interesting Marathon Boat Owners Forum.. and lots of info on Marathons etc.. etc.. etc.. links to pics n stuff... So pop over. We even designed our own Marathon Boat Owners Group flag... and just in the process of getting it made into a 10x15 bow flag (flag shop) for our vessels..   So just follow the link.. and we'll see you there.. 

http://my.boatus.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=62706&PN= 1&TPN=50

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

]
] ]

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
  ]
Printable version Printable version