View Last Post Viking Yachts Links
Last Post By: Viking44
Forum: Viking Yacht

Posted: April 17 2014 at: 06:32

View Last Post Amerosport 320
Last Post By: Jerry737
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: April 13 2014 at: 16:00

View Last Post Any Uniflite Owners near Berkeley CA???
Last Post By: concordian
Forum: Uniflite

Posted: March 08 2014 at: 02:27

View Last Post Inverter
Last Post By: eshover
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: February 03 2014 at: 11:32

]
] ]

Doral
 BoatUS Boat Groups/Manufacturer Forums>>Doral
Subject Topic: bilge pump activitiy Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
Author
Message Prev Topic | Next Topic 
derek
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: January 05 2009 at 19:02 | IP Logged Quote derek

Have 2003 250se.

Boat runs great ,but the bilge pump beneath the engine activates

every couple of hours.

Is this normal or is this a sign of a slow leak ?

What could it be ?

Doral 310
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: January 06 2009 at 12:27 | IP Logged Quote Doral 310

A bilge pump that runs every couple of hours is not normal.  You have a leak some where.  If you have A/c on the boat, the leak could be coming from the strainer cover.  If the cover is not tight enough it will leak.  I had this problem on my Doral.

Back to Top Printable version View Doral 310's Profile Search for other posts by Doral 310

derek
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: January 12 2009 at 21:06 | IP Logged Quote derek

Re Doral 250 se

I do not have A/C.

What else could it be ?

chump123
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: January 23 2009 at 14:00 | IP Logged Quote chump123

I have the same issue from my 2001 Doral 250.  There’s a leak somewhere I just haven't found it yet.  It's out of the water now on the trailer. 

So it's either the plumbing system, head , A/C, or leaking in from the lake.  I'll start checking once it warms up a bit

Taylor Made
"Seaman"

Posted: June 26 2009 at 11:18 | IP Logged Quote Taylor Made

Derek,

You may have the same leak that I had on my boat.

I have a 350 Merc and there is a "master" drain quick connect on the starboard side of the engine.  On the bottom of course.  It's a standard rubber hose with a plastic clip that connets to a brass nipple.

There is an O Ring on the brass nipple that seems to wear out and fall off rather easliy.  The good news is; it's easy to fix and will only leak if the engine is running.   

Hope that helps

Back to Top Printable version View Taylor Made's Profile Search for other posts by Taylor Made

INWATER
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: June 28 2009 at 18:39 | IP Logged Quote INWATER

Check all of the hose clamps. Check all of the thru hulls. Try to determine if the water enters while the engine is running. The only thing you can do is check every possible item that brings water into the boat or that holds water within the boat and progressivly rule them out. Is the water clean (as from the fresh water tanks? Is it lake water? If you boat in salt water, determine if it is that. It may be a loose drain plug as well!

WCYC Doral
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: June 30 2009 at 12:58 | IP Logged Quote WCYC Doral

I have a 2002 250SE and had the same problem with the bilge pump activating more frequently than I thought it should.  I discovered a smaill radial crack in the AC filter cannister cover, which was a steady drip.  I epoxied it as a temporary fix, and I now make sure I close the associated seacock unless I am running the AC (accessible from the smaller engine hatch).  The cover is easy to remove, and because of the design, be careful not to overtighten.  I think I might have caused the crack when I reinstalled the cover after cleaning the filter.  The cannister is located directly in front of the engine, under the spot where you would step into the engine compartment.  It is a black plastic cannister with a clear plastic cover with a center easy bolt.
Back to Top Printable version View WCYC Doral's Profile Search for other posts by WCYC Doral

Doral 310
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: June 30 2009 at 13:12 | IP Logged Quote Doral 310

Same thing happend to us with the A/C strainer.  But Derek does not have A/C.  It must be coming from somewhere else.
Back to Top Printable version View Doral 310's Profile Search for other posts by Doral 310

NW_Vermont
"Seaman"

Posted: July 01 2009 at 09:34 | IP Logged Quote NW_Vermont

My situation just like yours was damaged bellows on my 2004 Monticello.  Leak could be seen and heard very very carefully below the area where the drive shaft exits the boat's transom.

Good luck!  This was an expensive lesson in learning to be very careful about trusting mechanics!

NW_Vermont

jhawk
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: June 24 2010 at 19:25 | IP Logged Quote jhawk

I had a leak coming from the drain cock going to the generator.  The way I found it was to pump out all the water with a wet vac and started looking for water coming in somewhere.  It was running down the hull and so small that I almost didn't find it, but there it was when I chased the stream back to it.  Had to dry dock the boat and remove and reseal the thru hole

Back to Top Printable version View jhawk's Profile Search for other posts by jhawk

bannister
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: June 25 2010 at 06:48 | IP Logged Quote bannister

I might have an answer for your problem......

If the problem shows up after the engine has been run for some time (even at idle) and the fresh water pump is switched on then your leak comes from the water heater  relief valve! (mine does). Check it by trying to listen if the pump works after the engine is shut off and open the engine hutch to see if there is water coming from that pipe to the bilge.
Looks like the spring inside the valve gets corroded or there are salt deposits that prevent the valve to seal correctly.
Mine does have that problem and I am taking it out to repair or replace it with a stronger one.
The most annoying thing is that because of that, I loose about half the fresh water in the tank each trip. And cruising at sea with limited fresh water is annoying.....
Back to Top Printable version View bannister's Profile Search for other posts by bannister

]
] ]

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
  ]
Printable version Printable version