View Last Post Viking Yachts Links
Last Post By: Viking44
Forum: Viking Yacht

Posted: April 17 2014 at: 06:32

View Last Post Amerosport 320
Last Post By: Jerry737
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: April 13 2014 at: 16:00

View Last Post Any Uniflite Owners near Berkeley CA???
Last Post By: concordian
Forum: Uniflite

Posted: March 08 2014 at: 02:27

View Last Post Inverter
Last Post By: eshover
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: February 03 2014 at: 11:32

]
] ]

Uniflite
 BoatUS Boat Groups/Manufacturer Forums>>Uniflite
Subject Topic: Owners Manual suggestions... Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
Author
Message Prev Topic | Next Topic 
Shellback22
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: July 14 2008 at 10:12 | IP Logged Quote Shellback22

Guys...HELP!

I need to locate some sort of owners manual for my 1980 Coastal cruiser. I got this vessel from my brother when he passed away, therefore, can't ask many questions about how to operate, etc. Anyway, in the next 4 weeks or so, I'm bringing this baby up river about 200 miles, closer to my home to restore. Any ideas where I can find an owners manual either printed or on CD-rom, on line, anything? I'm figuring things out bit by bit, but this is more boat than I am used to! I've got books for the Volvo's, steering system, drives, generator, etc. but nothing about the boat itself. Most knobs are labled, but some aren't, some stuff looks straightforward, but other things are a mystery to me. For example I found the fuel system routing/cutoffs under a sole plate in the rear of the salon, but the a/c system is baffling me. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Silver Heels
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: July 21 2008 at 14:53 | IP Logged Quote Silver Heels

I have the same boat and year.  I would be happy to help you with anything I can.  the boat is located in Maryland.  Where is yours going to end up?
Back to Top Printable version View Silver Heels's Profile Search for other posts by Silver Heels

Shellback22
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: July 21 2008 at 17:27 | IP Logged Quote Shellback22

Thanks Silver Heels!

Currently, a couple of things perplex me, Several of the overhead switches are unmarked right by the lower helm station. If your's are labled, a photo would be wonderful! Also, I can't figure out the a/c once underway, are the controls really in the forward salon? If so, what do you do in what order? I'm heading down this Friday for a "Shakedown" cruise so to speak, Figuring out things as I go, probably just an hour or so. I plan on coming up the Illinois River to Peoria, IL near where I live in a couple of weeks. She's on the Mississippi now, about 200 miles. Probably take me a couple of days. I'm hoping to cruise around 14kts or so upstream all the way, and hoping for a 6 GPH burn rate, does that seem reasonable? Another question, does the fuel gauge reflect all the tanks combined or is there some way to switch the display for each of the 3? If you can help with any of these questions you'd be a life-saver! Thanks in advance, I'm sure I'll have a few more for you after I get back next week. I'm at ferrari22@verizon.net If you have any scans or .pdf files of any kind of Uniflite manual that'll be helpful as well.

Thanks a million,

Brad

Silver Heels
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: July 21 2008 at 17:41 | IP Logged Quote Silver Heels

All of my controls are marked so I will try to take a good picture of it so you will have a guide.  I have two AC systems on my boat with one set of controls in the front berth and the other set right behind the captain's chair at the lower station.  You can tell if you have two systems by lifting the large hatches on the back deck and see if you have two units in there on the port side.  Hot water tank on the starboard side.  My controls have three turn knobs.  top one is the off/on/run switch.  The run part turns the fan and the water pump on then the last notch turns the compressor on.  The next switch down controls the temperature.  The next switch controls the fan speed.

14 knots sounds a little fast for going against the current but your burn rate is about right (love that about the boat)

The gas tanks have one meter shared.  I have a toggle switch next to mine so you can switch between the two.  I only have two tanks.  I have a large center tank but that is my fresh water

Hope this helps

You will love the boat

Back to Top Printable version View Silver Heels's Profile Search for other posts by Silver Heels

Shellback22
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: July 22 2008 at 14:57 | IP Logged Quote Shellback22

SilverHeels,

Thanks for the help! I've sent a PM to you regarding some other issues...

Thanks!

]
] ]

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
  ]
Printable version Printable version