View Last Post Viking Yachts Links
Last Post By: Viking44
Forum: Viking Yacht

Posted: April 17 2014 at: 06:32

View Last Post Amerosport 320
Last Post By: Jerry737
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: April 13 2014 at: 16:00

View Last Post Any Uniflite Owners near Berkeley CA???
Last Post By: concordian
Forum: Uniflite

Posted: March 08 2014 at: 02:27

View Last Post Inverter
Last Post By: eshover
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: February 03 2014 at: 11:32

]
] ]

Doral
 BoatUS Boat Groups/Manufacturer Forums>>Doral
Subject Topic: windless problem - elegante Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
Author
Message Prev Topic | Next Topic 
roger schechter
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: June 23 2008 at 18:09 | IP Logged Quote roger schechter

I have a 2005 elegante and the windless has started slipping.  It is manufactured by Quick.  Does anyone know the model of Quick windless doral puts in the elegante.  And any info on having them repaired, rebuilt, purchasing a rebuild kit? Maybe there is a clutch repair kit? 

Roger

Back to Top Printable version View roger schechter's Profile Search for other posts by roger schechter

TheoMD
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: June 23 2008 at 18:44 | IP Logged Quote TheoMD

I have a 2003 Elegante.  Mine has a Quick Aries Flair.  Have you tightened the clutch using the manual handle on the slot on top of the drum??
Back to Top Printable version View TheoMD's Profile Search for other posts by TheoMD

roger4
"Seaman"

Posted: June 23 2008 at 20:52 | IP Logged Quote roger4

TheoMD,

THere is a star shape hole that my handle fits into, how do you activate the adjustment as opposed to just turning the drum?

Roger

TheoMD
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: June 24 2008 at 05:33 | IP Logged Quote TheoMD

Roger:

I think that the only adjustment that can be made is to tighten the top with the handle and that engages/tightens the clutch.  The drum itself should remain stationary as the top is tightened.  I have taken the drum off to service and lubricate.  It is a fairly simple mechanism.

Ted

Back to Top Printable version View TheoMD's Profile Search for other posts by TheoMD

roger4
"Seaman"

Posted: June 24 2008 at 07:18 | IP Logged Quote roger4

Thanks Ted,  I will see my boat this weekend and try to tighten the top by using hte handle to turn the drum top clockwise.  There is a rectangular cover next to the drum, do you know if that has a hinge and opens from the center of the windless out/up, or comes completely off?  BTW, I went to quickusa.com and managed through the italian language to download the very brief users guide - written in several languages - GB great britan as well.  it has a good drawing of the windless parts but is very short on any descriptions of use. I am hoping that my problem is simply a top that needs tightening, sounds like it.  It is unlikely the a gear strip - or worn clutch - the boat is 1 year old and the winch probably has only been used 20 to 30 times.

Roger

TheoMD
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: June 24 2008 at 09:36 | IP Logged Quote TheoMD

This is an inspection hatch. It opens forward on a hinge.  The pin should be lubricated.  The inspection hatch can be removed for replacement by removing the pin.  Mine may need to be replaced as even with frequent lubrication the hatch binds and I see evidence of stress in the metal on the hatch at the pin site.

Ted

roger schechter
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: July 26 2008 at 08:06 | IP Logged Quote roger schechter

The problem turned out to be a slipping friction clutch that was easily fixed by using the manual wrench to tighten by using it to turn the drum.  the slip clutch adjustment did the trick.
Roger

Back to Top Printable version View roger schechter's Profile Search for other posts by roger schechter

iduate
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: July 26 2008 at 18:02 | IP Logged Quote iduate

Hello Roger,

Getting info on the Windlasses can take some time.  Quick Windlasses are made in Italy and they only have one office which supports North America:

QUICK USA LLC

Attn:  Paul Brown (Technical Expert)

509 McCormick Drive

Glen Burnie - MD 21061 USA

They come with a manufacturer's warrantee of 3years from date of original ownership. 

Your problem as you state was just in tightening the clutch.  My Monticello is a 2005, and was sold in July of 2005 and my windlass motor gave out in May of 2008.  Thankfully, it was replaced under warranty as this would have been an $800+ part plus the installation which is a bit tricky.

You can get specific product info via following product catalog link: 

http://www.quickusa.com/images/pdf_downld/pdfaltridownload/c atquick_rev11b_i_gb.pdf

Back to Top Printable version View iduate's Profile Search for other posts by iduate

]
] ]

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
  ]
Printable version Printable version