View Last Post Viking Yachts Links
Last Post By: Viking44
Forum: Viking Yacht

Posted: April 17 2014 at: 06:32

View Last Post Amerosport 320
Last Post By: Jerry737
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: April 13 2014 at: 16:00

View Last Post Any Uniflite Owners near Berkeley CA???
Last Post By: concordian
Forum: Uniflite

Posted: March 08 2014 at: 02:27

View Last Post Inverter
Last Post By: eshover
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: February 03 2014 at: 11:32

]
] ]

Hurricane
 BoatUS Boat Groups/Manufacturer Forums>>Hurricane
Subject Topic: Advice Needed Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
Author
Message Prev Topic | Next Topic 
bpblake1
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: May 31 2008 at 12:09 | IP Logged Quote bpblake1

Hi,

I am getting ready to go from my 1991 HydraSport 1850 Center Console to a deckboat. (Yep, got married!)  I am looking at the new Sun Deck 24' with the new hull design.   I basically have two questions.

First, a friend who really does know suggests that Hurricane is by far the best choice due to the fact that most other manufacturers, including Sea Ray and Four Winns, simply are not built to the same quality of a Hurricane.  The question here is has anyone else heard this?

Second, when purchasing new, how much negotiating room is there from the dealer's first quote?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Brad

Back to Top Printable version View bpblake1's Profile Search for other posts by bpblake1

regg
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: June 03 2008 at 18:17 | IP Logged Quote regg

I've owned a Hurricane 188 fro the last 6 years and am very happy with the performance and durability of the craft.  It is one of the finest boats built and after almost 400 hours on the engine, I've only had one problem with the gear shifter that was easily lubed/serviced.  Gas usage is very efficient on my v6-190 hp i/o; boat handles very well; shallow draft for my somewhat shallow lake; good design and storage lockers.  I bought at a subruban Chicago boat show special, and realized about a 20% discount off list price.  Great boat, and about the 20th I bought over my life. Good luck.  Reg

bpblake1
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: June 03 2008 at 20:18 | IP Logged Quote bpblake1

Hi Reg,

Thanks for the reply.  I will actually be using the boat in the intracoastal waterway in saltwater, and plan on using a Yamaha 250 o/b.  I did have a dealer try very hard to sell me an Azure, but know nothing about them.   Plan on doing my research.  I think it will be tough to talk me out of a Hurricane.

Thanks again.

bb

Back to Top Printable version View bpblake1's Profile Search for other posts by bpblake1

Capn Rick
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: July 03 2009 at 12:16 | IP Logged Quote Capn Rick

I recently purchased the 216 Fundeck and absolutely love it.  I'm out of Atlantic Beach NC and also use the ICW.  I don't think anything compares (certainly not a pontoon of any kind)...it's a REAL boat and great for shallower water.  Love the way it handles! 

The dealer may have an incentive on the Azures from the Mfg., so follow your instincts.  Did a lot of research prior to.  Was considering the 24, but opted for the 216 for several reasons.  If you go to the Godfrey (Mfg) website and look closesly, you'll see that the "playpen" area is the same on both...only difference is that the 24 has an extended bow deck and is heavier, requiring much more HP.  I was able to cut costs with the 216 because all it needed was a Yamaha 150, which has a top end of 60 MPH with 2 on board.  The 150 is much cheaper to operate. 

As for negotiating, my experience is not much room because Hurricanes are selling (for a reason).  Also, there aren't a lot of dealers because they all have very large, exclusive territories.  If you have a favorite boat dealer, see if he has a relationship with the local franchise...he may be able to get a discount and pass it on to you. Make sure you look at all the options!!! There are many you might want that may not be on a showroom model. (Like hydrolic steering...a must) I passed up the "need it now" impulse and ordered mine.  Only took 3.5 weeks to deliver and I got what I want.

Good luck with your search.  If you're in the AB area and would like to put your hands on one, you're welcome to see mine and I'd be glad to take you on a cruise

]
] ]

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
  ]
Printable version Printable version