View Last Post Viking Yachts Links
Last Post By: Viking44
Forum: Viking Yacht

Posted: April 17 2014 at: 06:32

View Last Post Amerosport 320
Last Post By: Jerry737
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: April 13 2014 at: 16:00

View Last Post Any Uniflite Owners near Berkeley CA???
Last Post By: concordian
Forum: Uniflite

Posted: March 08 2014 at: 02:27

View Last Post Inverter
Last Post By: eshover
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: February 03 2014 at: 11:32

]
] ]

Chris Craft
 BoatUS Boat Groups/Manufacturer Forums>>Chris Craft
Subject Topic: Muskrat Ramble Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
Author
Message Prev Topic | Next Topic 
Banjoman
"First Mate"

Posted: April 22 2008 at 08:45 | IP Logged Quote Banjoman

After a complete cleaning and flushing of my exhaust system last weekend, this is what I returned to on Friday!   Unbelieveable, huh?  I cleaned and removed at least a half garbage bag full of this crap from the elbows and flushed repeatedly, then back-flushed repeatedly, then flushed again.  I got the exhausts on both side of the boat clean.  I got up Saturday morning beaten, brusied, but nonetheless, ready to do battle with the installation of the elbows, only to discover that overnight my "little friend" had paid yet another visit and he must have been pissed because I had destroyed his condo.  He deposited another mass of leaves and twigs and trash in my exhaust OVERNIGHT! angry  This time I'm off to the hardware store for some wire mesh to contstruct exhaust traps.  FINALLY, once I felt confident in my "critter blockers"  (sounds medical doesn't it?), I went about tearing my body up re-installing the elbows.  It took my all day Saturday and Sunday to accomplish the task.  Success!  Both engines are running and sounding great (at least sitting still in the slip).  Given all the crap that came out of the elbows and the fact that the port side had two beers cans in the elbow for what appears to be a good while, I am in the firm belief that I have improved the engine performance.  I also cleaned the turbo shower heads.  Some of the openings were clogged with what appears to be calcium deposits or such.  The water flow out of my exhausts is more than I've every noticed it to be in the past. I also cleaned the blower bypass valves plungers.  They were gunked up with carbon, etc. as well as the sleeves they slide in.  I hope that every little bit will help here.  I'll keep everyone posted on that as well.

I really don't know why I'm doing all this.  I won't be able to move the boat anyway this year given the cost of fuel.  I guess Rock Hall will be a major trip now. 

Oh yeah, the critter?   It's Musky Muskrat!  After the dock owner swore that he had never seen a muskrat in his 15 years there, Shirley walked our dog at dusk and returned to the boat and just happened to decide to take a look-see aft and there he was, trying to figure out how that wire got in his cave opening!  The owner has now said that he is going to buy a muskrat trap!  Oh well, at least there was no engine damage.

Emory

Marine Survey - Yacht Delivery
www.easternmarineservices.com
Back to Top Printable version View Banjoman's Profile Search for other posts by Banjoman

]
] ]

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
  ]
Printable version Printable version