View Last Post Viking Yachts Links
Last Post By: Viking44
Forum: Viking Yacht

Posted: April 17 2014 at: 06:32

View Last Post Amerosport 320
Last Post By: Jerry737
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: April 13 2014 at: 16:00

View Last Post Any Uniflite Owners near Berkeley CA???
Last Post By: concordian
Forum: Uniflite

Posted: March 08 2014 at: 02:27

View Last Post Inverter
Last Post By: eshover
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: February 03 2014 at: 11:32

]
] ]

Owens
 BoatUS Boat Groups/Manufacturer Forums>>Owens
Subject Topic: Any other owens in the south? Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
Author
Message Prev Topic | Next Topic 
jwe7119
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: January 12 2008 at 22:49 | IP Logged Quote jwe7119

Are there any owens owners around who would like to share pictures and info?

Jesse from Mobile,AL

Back to Top Printable version View jwe7119's Profile Search for other posts by jwe7119

captnms
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: January 13 2008 at 07:55 | IP Logged Quote captnms

hey there

i have a owens concorde 35 sport sedan i'm in the middle of a complete restore/refit on currently in Nc.

jwe7119
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: January 13 2008 at 20:55 | IP Logged Quote jwe7119

great to hear from ya we have a 30' coastal cruiser.  Apearently in the same shape as yours.  With your refit are you updating to modern amenities or going back original?  I am debating between rebuilding the original gas engines or replacing with more economical diesel, and also maybe adding a generator.

Back to Top Printable version View jwe7119's Profile Search for other posts by jwe7119

captnms
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: January 14 2008 at 04:23 | IP Logged Quote captnms

hey there

i am upgrading most everything onboard she has 2 new chevy 454's that were in the boat when i got it. i have placed a 7 kw kabuto genset onboard. i placed it between the main engines.(fits nice there) i have upgraded the head by installing a elctroscan system its a little pricey. but felt it was worth the money not to have the smell issuses with holding tanks and so on.the only down fall is that there is not enough salt in the water here. so i had to add a salt feed tank for proper funcation of the system.  i also installed a complete new fresh water system. i feel i have made good use of alot of the space that was not used in the boat would be more than happy to share any of this info with you. if it will help you in your refit. there is alot of space not used in this boat for add ons and upgrades

best of luck with your

mark and the leaky teaky 

jwe7119
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: January 15 2008 at 22:41 | IP Logged Quote jwe7119

These ideas are great i already have a electrosan but also have to have a holding tank because Alabama is a zero discharge state.  I think ill have to add a genset however due to the setup of my engines i will have to find another place to put it.  When we purchased the boat someone had mounted a air conditioner on top of the cabin, i really dont like it there but it is nice to have a/c and heat on the boat.  Also the cabin is in shambles so i have ambitions of a makeover (simple but effective) a workable galley for a live aboard for a month at a time. For working "vacations" in Virginia.

captnms
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: January 16 2008 at 03:00 | IP Logged Quote captnms

hey there

have you thought about were you want to place the genset ? i had alot of xtra space in my engine room and was thinking of installing my back up genset there.  i came across a small 3.5 kw at a boat bone yard( (enjoy walking thru looking at the older boats) that has a 12v dc charger built in. as a tug boater i have learn the more back up systems i have the better i i feel. lol . the boat came with 2 cruise air 16,000 btu ac systems. not sure when they were placed in the boat but the manufactors dates on the systems were 94 one the rear and 2001 on the front the compressors are located under the galley seating on the starboard side and the other half one is over the little closet that backs up to the shower. and the other is placed into the knee wall between the lower salon and upper salon  i do not have a heat system on board i would love to see pics of yours. right now i have cabin gutted out and just starting to place things back in. i will take some pics of the inside and share them with you. if any of what i'm doing might help you. the worst part of this boat is this wiring. what a nightmare i spent a week going thru it. to try and straighted it out. and still alot of work to go. you can also reach me at mrmako3@yahoo.com and i will send you some pics of the boat, and the work i'm doing to it .looking forward to hearing from you. there is also another person with a owens concorde and he has done alot of work on his. looking at the pics i have seen on his at the little knee wall he installed glass blocks. a very neat clean look.

so what part of Virginia i live just over the Va / Nc boarded

mark and the leaky teaky

jwe7119
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: January 19 2008 at 20:05 | IP Logged Quote jwe7119

Hey Mark the heat /ac is a self contained unit from a r/v dealer it sits on top of the main saloon if you like you can see pics at http://www.geocities.com/owensyachtowner/

Edited by Sonja Lowe on September 19 2013 at 15:59

Doogie55
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 09 2008 at 21:49 | IP Logged Quote Doogie55

captnms,  How is the restoration coming.  I just found out my 75 gallon galvanized water storage tank is leaking and has to be removed.  Maybe you can come down and help me out.  :O) You probably have a lot of good idea's on how to remove it.  Floor has to be taken out.  I will probably put Plastic back in, build a crate to hold it etc.  It will give me a good project for the winter.. my email is: wr5871@bellsouth.net    Next spring I have to pull the boat for bottom paint and other maintenance..  Pull out a couple more thousand.. :o)  Boat Safe, Doogie

Back to Top Printable version View Doogie55's Profile Search for other posts by Doogie55

GTGodfrey
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: January 16 2012 at 17:40 | IP Logged Quote GTGodfrey

Quote: jwe7119

Are there any owens owners around who would like to share pictures and info?

Jesse from Mobile,AL

Back to Top Printable version View GTGodfrey's Profile Search for other posts by GTGodfrey

]
] ]

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
  ]
Printable version Printable version