View Last Post Viking Yachts Links
Last Post By: Viking44
Forum: Viking Yacht

Posted: April 17 2014 at: 06:32

View Last Post Amerosport 320
Last Post By: Jerry737
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: April 13 2014 at: 16:00

View Last Post Any Uniflite Owners near Berkeley CA???
Last Post By: concordian
Forum: Uniflite

Posted: March 08 2014 at: 02:27

View Last Post Inverter
Last Post By: eshover
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: February 03 2014 at: 11:32

]
] ]

Pursuit
 BoatUS Boat Groups/Manufacturer Forums>>Pursuit
Subject Topic: Installation of auto pilot Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
Author
Message Prev Topic | Next Topic 
FLKeys
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: September 24 2007 at 12:26 | IP Logged Quote FLKeys

We purchased a 2007 Pusuit 25' CC last month and are taking delivery of it this weekend.  We are planning on installing a Raymaraine s1000 auto pilot and wanted to know if anyone has experience installing this unit?   The generic install video/instructions look straight forward.  Any tricks or tips you can offer would be appreciated.  Also, does anyone know where the hydraulic steering pump is located and what kind of access we are going to have to it?

Thanks,

Robbie

Elusive
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: September 24 2007 at 17:42 | IP Logged Quote Elusive

The pump should be supplied with the A/P.  Mine is located in the helm

There has been a good deal of discussion of this unit on THT. 

Good luck.  Let us know how it goes

3070 Pursuit Offshore CC, Twin Yam F225
Click here to view

Back to Top Printable version View Elusive's Profile Search for other posts by Elusive

signmansez
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 03 2007 at 00:30 | IP Logged Quote signmansez

I installed this unit a short time ago on my 2870 CC. It took about 3 hours and was pretty straight forward. The only issue I had was with the SeaTalk/NMEA connection. I used the supplied connectors to splice into the seatalk wires coming from the gps reciever/antenna. Once the unit was installed I followed the instructions and went through the programming sequence. One reccomendation is to definately use a larger container to capture the hydraulic fluid when bleeding the system. The cups provided are too small. Feel free to email with any questions and I will try to answer them as best as I can.

By the way, the unit works great!

Central Florida
Madeira Beach, Fl
Back to Top Printable version View signmansez's Profile Search for other posts by signmansez

FLKeys
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 03 2007 at 08:00 | IP Logged Quote FLKeys

signmansez, thanks for the response.  My dad and I actually installed the unit over the weekend. 

Our 250 CC was a little short on space behind the helm but finally managed to get it all put in.  The directions wanted us to install the brass " T " connectors on the main pump.  This would have made the hoses stick way out behind the head.  We ended up putting the " T " connectors on the Auxillary pump and it seemed to work fine.  Although it made it real hard to bleed the lines and squeze the pump into its mouting position. 

Funny you should mention the size of the paper cups.  It took two and half cups to drain all the fluid, we almost had a serious mess on our hands.   

We too are having issues with connection into the GPS.  We did not install the E120 GPS and we were not given the SealTalk 2 cable that (we think) came with the unit.  We are still trying to figure out how to hook the A/P into the GPS.  We bought a SeaTalk2/NMEA 2000 cable hoping to cut the NMEA end off and splice into the SeaTalk side, but the wire colors do not match up.  From the A/P side we have 3 wires,  Red, Black, and Yellow.  The cable we bought has, Red, Black , Bare, Blue, and White.  Any clue if we should hook the yellow wire up to the Blue or the White one?

signmansez
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 03 2007 at 09:36 | IP Logged Quote signmansez

My unit came with a seatalk/nmea cable that plugs into the back of the course computer. If I can remember correctly there are just three wires to hook up with the seatalk. If you are using a Raymarine display (c or e series) then use the seatalk connection. It relays info faster and more accurately I was told. The seatalk wires were bare with no type of connector or junction box. I just used the handy little wire connectors, that came in the box, to splice into the gps receiver wires that connect to the display. This seems to work fine and it was very simple. The instructions are a bit confusing on this hook up.

Central Florida
Madeira Beach, Fl
Back to Top Printable version View signmansez's Profile Search for other posts by signmansez

]
] ]

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
  ]
Printable version Printable version