View Last Post Viking Yachts Links
Last Post By: Viking44
Forum: Viking Yacht

Posted: April 17 2014 at: 06:32

View Last Post Amerosport 320
Last Post By: Jerry737
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: April 13 2014 at: 16:00

View Last Post Any Uniflite Owners near Berkeley CA???
Last Post By: concordian
Forum: Uniflite

Posted: March 08 2014 at: 02:27

View Last Post Inverter
Last Post By: eshover
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: February 03 2014 at: 11:32

]
] ]

Pursuit
 BoatUS Boat Groups/Manufacturer Forums>>Pursuit
Subject Topic: All you THT/Pursuit Guys Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
Author
Message Prev Topic | Next Topic 
MrPat
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: September 24 2007 at 07:14 | IP Logged Quote MrPat

You wanted a Forum. Here's one. We just need more Pursuit enthusiasts posting. Post Up!
Back to Top Printable version View MrPat's Profile Search for other posts by MrPat

passchristian
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: September 24 2007 at 13:23 | IP Logged Quote passchristian

I'm a THTer who's now in the game here.  It's time to get some people interested.  I have my first question for anyone who has a 2870 walkaround.  When the boat is at anchor in any kind of chop the bow pulpit chafes the anchor line to the point that it cut through one full strand of a 3 strand nylon rode.  I can't believe that Pursuit would make a pulpit/fairlead with edges like that. Does anyone else have that problem?  I know the obvious thing to do is rig some sort of chafing gear, but I'm talking about for a few hours anchored at a barrier island while we play on the beach.  I shouldn't have to rig up anything for 5 hours on the beach in about a 1-2 foot choppy sea.  What do you think?

2003 Pursuit 2870 WA
Back to Top Printable version View passchristian's Profile Search for other posts by passchristian

MrPat
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: September 24 2007 at 13:31 | IP Logged Quote MrPat

I don't have an answer, other than calling Pursuit. I am responding because I'm over here from the THT Forum too. Welcome aboard. Hopefully another Pursuit owner will chime in.
Back to Top Printable version View MrPat's Profile Search for other posts by MrPat

passchristian
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: September 24 2007 at 13:42 | IP Logged Quote passchristian

I guess it's just made for a chain rode.  I suppose I could call them but I doubt they'd have much of an answer either.  I'm not really expecting to solve the problem, just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.  It just doesn't make sense.  It's the first boat I've had with a pulpit and fairlead and I just expected more than chafing the anchor line right off the bat in almost no sea.   By the way, that's a nice looking rig in your THT signature.

Edited by passchristian on September 24 2007 at 13:43

2003 Pursuit 2870 WA
Back to Top Printable version View passchristian's Profile Search for other posts by passchristian

MrPat
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: September 24 2007 at 13:51 | IP Logged Quote MrPat

Thanks for the complement

2005 3070 w/yamaha F250s

Gator KStenz
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: September 24 2007 at 14:18 | IP Logged Quote Gator KStenz

I just purchased my 2002 - 2870 CC on Labor Day weekend, but the rode that is on the boat is a bit chewed up.  I assumed it was from the windlass, though. 

I'll take a closer look next time out, though.  If you do call Pursuit, I've had very good dealings with customer service.  I had to get some pieces that were off or broken on the boat when I purchased it.  They may be able to get you an answer. 

goggleyed
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: September 24 2007 at 15:15 | IP Logged Quote goggleyed

Quote: MrPat
You wanted a Forum. Here's one. We just need more Pursuit enthusiasts posting. Post Up!

Present!

06' 3370 w/ F250's.  Only 130 hrs so far but hoping to run that number up some time soon.

billlora
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: September 24 2007 at 15:59 | IP Logged Quote billlora

Anybody have problems with 20" wiper blades running off the windshield and getting the rubber torn up after a few swipes? 20" blades came from the dealer, wtf?

Proud THT member here - thanks!

passchristian
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: September 24 2007 at 16:07 | IP Logged Quote passchristian

I have not had any probs with the wipers, though I haven't really used mine much.  I've only had the boat since June.  I've emailed Chris Sweeney at Pursuit to ask if he's had any complaints about anchor rode chafing.  I'll post his reply when I hear from him.  I'm not expecting a whole lot of anything.  There's not much they can do, I figure.

Edited by passchristian on September 24 2007 at 16:20

2003 Pursuit 2870 WA

MrPat
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: September 24 2007 at 16:12 | IP Logged Quote MrPat

Sorry, no wipers on my boat

2005 3070 w/yamaha F250s

JoeyM
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: September 24 2007 at 16:47 | IP Logged Quote JoeyM

I'm here.  I've gone through 2 wipers in 2 years.

Elusive
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: September 24 2007 at 17:30 | IP Logged Quote Elusive

pc - do you have a windlass & anchor roller ?  What exactly is chafing the rode ?

3070 Pursuit Offshore CC, Twin Yam F225
Click here to view

Back to Top Printable version View Elusive's Profile Search for other posts by Elusive

Elusive
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: September 24 2007 at 17:32 | IP Logged Quote Elusive

bill - My blades are 16" and no problem (other than corrosion on the blades)

I'm replacing my blades & arms with new SS ones.  The present arms are SS painted black & the blades are not SS.  

Anyone want the old arms ?

3070 Pursuit Offshore CC, Twin Yam F225
Click here to view

Back to Top Printable version View Elusive's Profile Search for other posts by Elusive

passchristian
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: September 24 2007 at 20:09 | IP Logged Quote passchristian

Elusive,

The fairlead on the pulpit, stainless, aluminum or whatever it is, is chafing the anchor line.  When the boat yaws back and forth into the wind, the line chafes against the sharp edges on the sides of the fairlead.  I do not have a windlass.  The line leads straight from the bow cleat through the roller.

2003 Pursuit 2870 WA

Knot_Enuff
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: September 24 2007 at 20:19 | IP Logged Quote Knot_Enuff

Passchristian,

If you get a chance post a picture of the pulpit.  I am curious on how yours is set up.  I don't have any problems with mine and I have a 1999 2870 OS.  I will try to post a pick of mine tomorrow if I get a chance to take a picture.

Edited by Knot_Enuff on September 24 2007 at 20:20

Elusive
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: September 24 2007 at 20:27 | IP Logged Quote Elusive

Got it.  My rode is chewed up as well, mostly from the windlass. It is 5/8" so it doesn't seem to compromise the rode

One of those velcro chafe guards might be a simple solution

Edited by Sonja Lowe on September 19 2013 at 15:44

passchristian
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: September 24 2007 at 20:35 | IP Logged Quote passchristian

I'm away from the boat right now, but I'll be home soon enough and will post a picture.  I'm sure it's no different than anyone else's.  It's not an aftermarket addition.  I guess I will try the chafing gear or something.  It won't be long before I'm anchoring over night at one of our barrier islands so I'll need something to give me peace of mind.  Or just cleat the anchor line off to one of the other bow cleats.  My anchor line is also 5/8 but it chafed right through one full strand.  It's really roughed it up on other occasions as well but not as bad as that one particular day.  Maybe she was just laying out of kilter to the wind vs. tide.  Thanks for the replies.  Glad to see a pursuit forum finally get going.  I hope it doesn't fizzle out.

Edited by passchristian on September 24 2007 at 20:37

2003 Pursuit 2870 WA

Perdido
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: September 24 2007 at 23:56 | IP Logged Quote Perdido

MrPat, thanks for taking the time to start this post...I'm from THT as well and have a '98 2270 Kodiak.  This boat has been a wonderful way to get back into fishing and I couldn't ask for better quality or help from the factory.  I look forward to learning more about Pursuit as this forum takes off.  Thanks, Frank
Back to Top Printable version View Perdido's Profile Search for other posts by Perdido

MrPat
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: September 25 2007 at 06:15 | IP Logged Quote MrPat

Quote: Perdido
MrPat, thanks for taking the time to start this post...I'm from THT as well and have a '98 2270 Kodiak.  This boat has been a wonderful way to get back into fishing and I couldn't ask for better quality or help from the factory.  I look forward to learning more about Pursuit as this forum takes off.  Thanks, Frank

I'm glad to see we have some interest in the Forum. Keep posting.

2005 3070 w/yamaha F250s

lazydawg
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 01 2007 at 09:28 | IP Logged Quote lazydawg

Ok, another THT'r here

2001 2870WA with Optis (I know, I know) located in Keys.

LD

Back to Top Printable version View lazydawg's Profile Search for other posts by lazydawg

signmansez
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 03 2007 at 00:49 | IP Logged Quote signmansez

Just signed up. Nice to see other THT folks here.

Central Florida
Madeira Beach, Fl
Back to Top Printable version View signmansez's Profile Search for other posts by signmansez

MOCEAN CONTROL
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 03 2007 at 15:43 | IP Logged Quote MOCEAN CONTROL

Just signed up also good to have a pursuit site

yknot fishing
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 03 2007 at 21:46 | IP Logged Quote yknot fishing

me too I still like THT  sad to see the sand bar go away

1996 2870 twin yamaha 200 hpdi Y-Knot
Wilmington NC
Back to Top Printable version View yknot fishing's Profile Search for other posts by yknot fishing

signmansez
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 04 2007 at 11:36 | IP Logged Quote signmansez

ynot, what kind of fuel burn do you get with the HPDI's? I have the 225 ox66 and am cruising between 1.5 and 1.8 at 32-38 mph

Central Florida
Madeira Beach, Fl
Back to Top Printable version View signmansez's Profile Search for other posts by signmansez

yknot fishing
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 05 2007 at 17:51 | IP Logged Quote yknot fishing

I replaced cab's which got me about 1.25 miles per gal fully loaded running to the stream.  I have not run these to the stream yet but I am getting very close to 2 miles when fishing close to the beach.  the best thing is starting them when they are cold.  My boat has full glass so I assume I have more wind drag than you do in a CC. 

Wilmington NC
Back to Top Printable version View yknot fishing's Profile Search for other posts by yknot fishing

GeorgeMC
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 13 2007 at 22:04 | IP Logged Quote GeorgeMC

Quote: passchristian
I guess it's just made for a chain rode.  I suppose I could call them but I doubt they'd have much of an answer either.  I'm not really expecting to solve the problem, just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.  It just doesn't make sense.  It's the first boat I've had with a pulpit and fairlead and I just expected more than chafing the anchor line right off the bat in almost no sea.   By the way, that's a nice looking rig in your THT signature.

One of the best ways to prevent chaffing is to place a piece of old garden hose around the rode at the point where the chaffing occurs.

G

Back to Top Printable version View GeorgeMC's Profile Search for other posts by GeorgeMC

GeorgeMC
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 13 2007 at 22:08 | IP Logged Quote GeorgeMC

What is THT?

I am in the process of purchassing a 1999 3000 Express.  Sea Trial and hull survey has been completed.  Mechanical inspection will be Monday.  If all goes well Monday and the oil sample data comes back OK then we sign the check.

Will be looking to find all of the Pursuit people that I can to ask many, many questions.

GMC

Back to Top Printable version View GeorgeMC's Profile Search for other posts by GeorgeMC

MrPat
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 14 2007 at 06:40 | IP Logged Quote MrPat

George, good luck on that new boat.

Move over to the new Pursuit Owners web site www.pursuitowners.com/  you will have some place to ask Pursuit questions there.

THT is The Hull Truth, http://www.thehulltruth.com/ Its a general boating site with some good info. There is also some bad info there, so be wary, as always. Don't get me wrong. It's not a bad site. Its big and it is populated by some nice smart people as well as some stupid jerks. You just have to sort it all out.

2005 3070 w/yamaha F250s

yknot fishing
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 16 2007 at 21:45 | IP Logged Quote yknot fishing

thanks for the site!!!!

Wilmington NC

]
] ]

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
  ]
Printable version Printable version