View Last Post Viking Yachts Links
Last Post By: Viking44
Forum: Viking Yacht

Posted: April 17 2014 at: 06:32

View Last Post Amerosport 320
Last Post By: Jerry737
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: April 13 2014 at: 16:00

View Last Post Any Uniflite Owners near Berkeley CA???
Last Post By: concordian
Forum: Uniflite

Posted: March 08 2014 at: 02:27

View Last Post Inverter
Last Post By: eshover
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: February 03 2014 at: 11:32

]
] ]

Owens
 BoatUS Boat Groups/Manufacturer Forums>>Owens
Subject Topic: Concorde 35 Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
Author
Message Prev Topic | Next Topic 
Mutt
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: July 20 2007 at 13:18 | IP Logged Quote Mutt

Thought I would see if there were any other Owens Concorde owners out there. I have a 35 ft Concorde Sedan. I have done a lot of work on it and it seems as if it is never ending. I would love to hear from other Concorde owners share experiences.

Mutt

Back to Top Printable version View Mutt's Profile Search for other posts by Mutt

Doogie55
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: February 22 2008 at 21:58 | IP Logged Quote Doogie55

Hello, my name is Bill.  I own a 1972 35 Concorde.  Have done alot of work on it also.  It has twin 350's, which I think were changed from 454's from a previous owner.. Love the boat, and hope I can keep it for my retirement years.. I keep it on a fresh water lake on the Cumberland River..  Nice to know there are other Concorde owners out there..  Happy Boating.
Back to Top Printable version View Doogie55's Profile Search for other posts by Doogie55

Mutt
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: February 25 2008 at 09:08 | IP Logged Quote Mutt

Hello

Happy to hear from some one else with a old Concorde. What kind of performance does it get with the 350's? I have Chrysler 440's that are very thirsty. Around here we pay $4.50 per gal. gas and I expect it to be even higher in the summer.

Mutt

Back to Top Printable version View Mutt's Profile Search for other posts by Mutt

captnms
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: February 25 2008 at 13:50 | IP Logged Quote captnms

hey mutt

those 440's are like my 454's pass everything but the fuel dock.

and my wallethope all is going well with you and yours

Doogie55
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: February 27 2008 at 21:20 | IP Logged Quote Doogie55

Hell Mutt,  I am not sure you got my reply about the gas usage on the 350's.  I have not checked the miles per gallon since I have put 2 new carburators on, 2 new electronic ignitions, had the heads rebuilt on both engines.. I use to get 1.1 miles per gallon with the 6.5kw onan running and cruising around 12 mph..  With the price of gas, I have not filled it up and checked it and then come back and filled it up again to see if there has been any improvement..  I will let you know as soon as the boating season starts..  I also have a prop prolem which is causing rpms to be a little low..  Thanks for your reply.  Boat Safe.. Bill
Back to Top Printable version View Doogie55's Profile Search for other posts by Doogie55

Doogie55
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: April 14 2008 at 12:32 | IP Logged Quote Doogie55

Hello Mutt,  Sorry I left the "o" off of hello the last message I sent you.  Well it is time to de-winterize and hopefully get back to boating on weekends and holidays. I de-winterized the starbourd engine last weekend and got my water system filled up.. Not a week later we are suppose to have a freeze warning tonight.. Hope nothing freezes and burst... eeeek...  The lake is real high due to all the rain, and a lot of logs floating in the lake and on the river.  It will take a few weeks for it to come down and hopefully get out and burn up some of that expensive fuel.. :O)   Have not gotten any messages back from you.  Drop a line when you can.  I will get my miles per gallon info for you soon.  Happy Boating, Boat Safe.. Bill  

Doogie55
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: May 06 2008 at 22:10 | IP Logged Quote Doogie55

Hey Mutt,  Well I am all dewinterized, been doing some maintenance, but still have not taken her out yet.  We had high water and the marina got some damage, I lucked out and the boat is doing fine.  Hopefully I will be going out in 2 weeks for a long weekend.. Afraid to know what gas will be.  The marina I am at is not selling gas due to the damage.  So I will run 7 miles up the river and fill er up... eeekkk.   How do I send picture to you?     Boat Safe.. Doogie

Mutt
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: May 09 2008 at 21:05 | IP Logged Quote Mutt

Hi

I am dewinterized also and in the water as of May 3rd. Everything is OK except that the engines badly need a tune up. Engines smoked something awfull when I moved to boat to the slip. My email is HWaldner@cogeco.ca.

Doogie55
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 09 2008 at 21:40 | IP Logged Quote Doogie55

Hello, I have not been able to contact you with the email address: HWaldner@coqeco.ca??  keep getting undeliverable emal.   I hate to see the season change here.  Summer time was too short.  I have to replace my fresh water holding tank.. what a job it is going to be.  It is Approx 75 gal, galvanized tank.  It finally started leaking.  I am going to start working on it a few weeks before I have to de-winterize.  Next spring I have to pull the boat and paint the bottom and have props checked, thru hulls etc..  Maybe gas prices will drop and next summer will be more time cruising.  Drop a line when you can.  Be SAfe.

Doogie

Mutt
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 10 2008 at 12:50 | IP Logged Quote Mutt

Hi Doogie:

I replaced my fresh water tank also. Hell of a job getting it out. I had to remove half the floor and the floor braces just to get it out. I was glad that I did. The inside of the tank was gross, there was so much slim and black stuff in there. I replaced it with a flexible bladder type tank. I placed a peice of 3/4 inch mahogony plywood between the stringers to keep the bladder off the bottom of the hull and allow any bilge water to go under the plywood. I didn't want the bladder to sit in bilge water. The bladder fit nicely on top of the plywood between the stringers so that it can't move. I secured it with a couple bunggie cords just to make sure.

Currently one of my BW 72 transmissions sounds like there are marbles in it when in reverse and the other transmission whines in fwd.. The fun never ends.

I think you may be using a q in the email instead of a g.

Take care.

]
] ]

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
  ]
Printable version Printable version