View Last Post Viking Yachts Links
Last Post By: Viking44
Forum: Viking Yacht

Posted: April 17 2014 at: 06:32

View Last Post Amerosport 320
Last Post By: Jerry737
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: April 13 2014 at: 16:00

View Last Post Any Uniflite Owners near Berkeley CA???
Last Post By: concordian
Forum: Uniflite

Posted: March 08 2014 at: 02:27

View Last Post Inverter
Last Post By: eshover
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: February 03 2014 at: 11:32

]
] ]

CraigCat
 BoatUS Boat Groups/Manufacturer Forums>>CraigCat
Subject Topic: Any CraigCat Owners? Post ReplyPost New Topic
13 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »
] ] ]
]
Author
Message Prev Topic | Next Topic 
floridaman
"Seaman"

Posted: July 07 2011 at 14:51 | IP Logged Quote floridaman

There should be a pin with a ring under the front of your seat that you can pull out and then slide the seat forward. The new seat will attach to the plastic base from the old seat.

Check the  Craigcat.com website under accessories and you will see the optional seat and prices.

Mr_Super-Hunky
"Seaman"

Posted: July 07 2011 at 15:01 | IP Logged Quote Mr_Super-Hunky

Quote: SWSportsman

BTW, how do you remove the stock seats? It doesn't seem readily apparent upon initial observation.

Mr. S.H., what kind of seats do you have on your boat? They look very comfy.

The seats remove in under 10 seconds!  Simply pull the pin located in front of the seats mounted on the deck and slide them forward.  That's it.  They are off.

I have the factory Craigcat upholstered seats that I ordered fron Craigcat.  I paid around $275 for them a couple of years ago.  They are very comfy (thick foam) and match my blue top with the same blue and white pattern.  You could also buy just about any comfy marine seat and mount it to the wood slider that the original seats were mounted to and use that.

A great place for cheap marine seats is Cabellas.  Just find a pair of fishing boat seats if you like them.  They just need to be made for marine applications and not too heavy.

I don't think anything else will look quite as good as the upgraded Craigcat seats however because the Craigcat logo/name is emroidered on them and the color match is perfect.  They are marine grade vinyl and very comfy too.

Then again, you could get a very nice and comfy marine grade seat from Cabellas like the one in this link for $49.00.  You can even choose your color pattern.

Edited by Sonja Lowe on September 25 2013 at 11:46

Wentland
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: July 07 2011 at 15:05 | IP Logged Quote Wentland

Just about any seat will work, although you will  have to modify the way it attaches. Most seats attach with a pedestal. Arm rests may not work because of the width and steering lever.

I am from Boca Raton. I have found that the CC can handle very rough water, as in the inlets, but you might not enjoy the ride.

Back to Top Printable version View Wentland's Profile Search for other posts by Wentland

Mr_Super-Hunky
"Seaman"

Posted: July 07 2011 at 15:15 | IP Logged Quote Mr_Super-Hunky

Here is a complete waterproof stereo package that would work great on the Craigcat.  On sale now too!

Clicky clicky

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=1089571 &type=product&WT.tsrc=CSE&WT.mc_id=Amazon&WT .z_mc_id1=1089571&rid=40&mr:trackingCode=DC08F4D5-F3 D2-DF11-82EF-001B21631C34&mr:referralID=NA

Edited by Sonja Lowe on September 25 2013 at 11:47

floridaman
"Seaman"

Posted: July 07 2011 at 15:20 | IP Logged Quote floridaman

Thanks SH I just have to figure out a box for it. I have the original white Sony factory supplied boom box that came with the older model cats but it is not loud enough when the motor is running at WOT.

SWSportsman
"Seaman"

Posted: July 07 2011 at 16:25 | IP Logged Quote SWSportsman

Well, I usually end up regretting it when I try to cheap out, but since this is a budget boat of sorts I decided on these seats (in blue trim):

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=738104& amp; amp; amp; amp;destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fproduct.jsp%3FproductId%3D73456 3%26type%3Dproduct%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26searchPath%3D%252Fc atalog%252Fsearch.cmd%253Fform_state%253DsearchForm%2526N%25 3D0%2526fsch%253Dtrue%2526Ntk%253DAllProducts%2526Ntt%253Dbo at%252Bseats%2526WTz_l%253DHeader%25253BSearch-All%252BProdu cts%2526x%253D14%2526y%253D4%26Ntt%3Dboat%2Bseats%26WTz_l%3D Header%253BSearch-All%2BProducts&WTz_l=YMAL%3BIK-017296

I had some Cabela's bucks to use up anyway, and the CC seats, though nice I'm sure, are just too pricey.

And although I may end up with a Power Tech Stainless prop eventually, I've ordered the Comprop composite four-blade. Top speed isn't real important to me, but low and mid-range performance is. I hope this prop provides that.

http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?i= 31538&pdesc=Comprop_4_Blade_Propeller_Solid_Hub_/_Co mposite_10_dia_x_13_pitch_Right_Hand

I'll put up some pix when I get them installed.

Edited by Sonja Lowe on September 25 2013 at 11:48
Back to Top Printable version View SWSportsman's Profile Search for other posts by SWSportsman

SWSportsman
"Seaman"

Posted: July 07 2011 at 17:06 | IP Logged Quote SWSportsman

Son and granddaughter on the lake July 4th:Photobucket" border="0" />

Edited by SWSportsman on July 07 2011 at 17:07
Back to Top Printable version View SWSportsman's Profile Search for other posts by SWSportsman

Mr_Super-Hunky
"Seaman"

Posted: July 07 2011 at 22:38 | IP Logged Quote Mr_Super-Hunky

SWSportsman, those seats you picked will work out great.  The only fault would be if they were significantly heavier than the upgraded CC seats but they don't look much different and will probably be just as comfortable if not even more so since they might be a bit taller.

The comprop propeller you picked is the exact one I am currently running.  In comparison to the stock 3 blade factory aluminum prop that comes stock with the engine, you will notice these differences:

The comprop will get you on plane noticeably faster.  The midrange power will be significantly improved as well but these "pro's" come at a cost of about 2-3 mph at the extreme top end/speed.

I could tickle 30 mph with the stock aluminum 3 blade but only get 27-28 mph with the 4 blade composite prop.  The 4th blade however will get you on plane quicker (noticeably quicker) as well as significantly improve your mid range power.  It is only the extreme top speed that gets lopped off a little. 

If you do a lot of starting and stopping due to exploring/sightseeing or whatever, the stock 3 blade aluminum is a poor choice of prop since it takes so long to plane out the boat every time.

If top speed is not that important then the Comprop for $60 bucks is certainly your best choice.  It is also the safest choice for your engine because if you really do bang the lower unit on something, (hidden underwater obstacle) I'd rather have a plastic fin bust off instead of busting up your lower gears.

If you are wanting to milk every possible ounce of speed and performance out of your CC then the $200 Powertech S.S prop is the way to go. (Along with a tinytach and the use of Amsoil TC-3 instead of Wallyworld TC-3 2 stroke oil).

BTW, many people realize that a S.S prop does NOT flex as much as an aluminum one does (which is a good thing re. acceleration) but lots of people don't realize that a composite prop flexes LESS than an aluminum one does.  This translates into better performance/acceleration but is still able to bust off if things get really rough in hidden underwater obstacles.

I hate to say this but the stock factory 3 blade aluminum prop just can't compare to the performance of the composite prop or the S.S prop.  It only has two advantages:  1.) It is free if you already own and are using it.  2.) It CAN get you going 2-3 mph faster extreme top speed but remember it will take some time to get you on plane with two adults.  If you start and stop rfequently, the slow planing time of the stock 3 blade will get old sooner than later.

Everything I am telling you/everyone is from 1st hand experience.  I have tried all the props mentioned and have given very accurate results.  The correct prop to use will be based on what you do with your boat and what your criteria is.  Everyone is different.

All things considered, I am very happy with the Comprop but the option of going just a few mph faster does appeal to me.  It just would be a stupid decision to use a $200 prop in very shallow water for obvious reasons.  Besides, once you go over 25 mph, your eyes start to tear without glasses and the scenery passes by very quickly.  20-25 mph is a good cruising/sightseeing speed and the comprop will easily get you that.

Edited by Mr_Super-Hunky on July 07 2011 at 22:44
Back to Top Printable version View Mr_Super-Hunky's Profile Search for other posts by Mr_Super-Hunky

SWSportsman
"Seaman"

Posted: July 08 2011 at 08:57 | IP Logged Quote SWSportsman

Mr. SH, do your have you motor in the first hole?  When I got my boat it was in the second hole out. I ran it that way for a while and then moved down to the first hole because I read somewhere that CC recommends that. But honestly, I couldn't tell any difference in performance.

Edited by SWSportsman on July 08 2011 at 11:12

Mr_Super-Hunky
"Seaman"

Posted: July 08 2011 at 11:51 | IP Logged Quote Mr_Super-Hunky

Mr. SH, do your have you motor in the first hole?  When I got my boat it was in the second hole out. I ran it that way for a while and then moved down to the first hole because I read somewhere that CC recommends that. But honestly, I couldn't tell any difference in performance.

Yes, 1st hole only.  If you have the older 25 hp 2 stroke motor (probably the best engine ever built due to its power to weight ratio), you only want to put the motor in the first hole and leave it there forever!  Anything higher could make your boat *porpoise* or bounce around like a bronco as you will be trimmed up too much.

Of course this assumes you DO NOT have power trim and tilt (which is really not needed on this boat other than the convienience of lifting the motor automatically just before you reach the beach).

Also, I can't stress enough how much of a difference leaning forward makes until the boat planes out.  What you are really doing is acting as a human trim control by doing this as you are redistributing the weight as the boat is getting on plane.  Every time we (Mrs Hunky and I) start from a stop or slow forward movement, we both lean forward as much as we possibly can while I give the throttle full power.  Once the boat planes out, we lean back and enjoy the ride.  Doing this makes a HUGE difference in your planing time.  It only takes us a few seconds to get the boat on plane with two large adults this way.

These little boats are a ton of fun but they are also extremely weight sensitive.  Try not to carry any extra weight including storage items because the extra load can affect your initial planing time dramatically.  Just think of these things more like motorized surfboards with seats rather than a boat bacause in reality, that's what it is..

Edited by Mr_Super-Hunky on July 08 2011 at 11:56
Back to Top Printable version View Mr_Super-Hunky's Profile Search for other posts by Mr_Super-Hunky

SWSportsman
"Seaman"

Posted: July 11 2011 at 09:26 | IP Logged Quote SWSportsman

I would like to see some more photos of owner's 'Cats, especially those with accessories and/or modifications.

C'mon, it's easy and free with Photobucket!

floridaman
"Seaman"

Posted: July 11 2011 at 15:37 | IP Logged Quote floridaman

I would like to see some more photos of owner's 'Cats, especially those with accessories and/or modifications.

C'mon, it's easy and free with Photobucket!

Son borrowed my camera and has not returned it. I could not comment on the placement of the motor until I take it out again with my GPS. The setting was on the second hole when I got it and I moved it out to the third hole to get the nose up and plane faster. I really do not know if it helped or hindered the speed so I have to experiment and start with the first hole. I will post the results when I get it. Everyone might get different results due to weight distribution.

SWSportsman
"Seaman"

Posted: July 12 2011 at 10:35 | IP Logged Quote SWSportsman

Mr. S.H., my Comprop has arrived! Haven't had a chance to install it yet. You are right about it being a little rough. Mine has some very coarse marks on the blades near the hub. Looks like a monkey with a very coarse file tried to knock off some of the plastic flashing. Also, the prop size is in very rough raised lettering on the hub. I'm thinking it might be a good idea to smooth all this out prior to installation. What do you think? It looks to me like it's enough to create quite a bit of turbulence at prop speeds.

oceanview21
"Seaman"

Posted: July 12 2011 at 11:42 | IP Logged Quote oceanview21

Hello fellow Craigcat owners...

Anyone ever experience "crabbing" ...that would be where
you are steering straight ahead and the boat acts as if it is
"out of alignment" and goes straight, but the entire boat is
shifted to the left (Port)...kinda going straight, but
sideways...any tips or advise?...anyone experience this?

otherwise love the Craigcat...and so does everyone that
doesnt have one...lol

Thanks!...Oceanview

floridaman
"Seaman"

Posted: July 12 2011 at 12:05 | IP Logged Quote floridaman

I do not have that problem but it might be a slight adjustment on the trim tab. Also check the tightness of the six bolts you might have a loose pontoon. Call Craigcat in Orlando because they probably have a solution to your problem. Good luck on the Cat.

Mr_Super-Hunky
"Seaman"

Posted: July 12 2011 at 13:33 | IP Logged Quote Mr_Super-Hunky

SWSportsman, yes the Comprops are poured into a mold as a liquid and then pulled from the mold when dry.  For the money, they simply cannot be beat.  (For the money!), but you may want to do a little fine tuning if any course edges etc.

Mine arrived just as you described but I didn't file anything just to see how it worked straight from the mfg.  I must say, I was very impressed with the performance.  Since then, I never went back to the stock 3-blade aluminum prop as the performance was so disappointing.  I would LOVE to rip around with the S.S Powertech prop though.

oceanview21, welcome to the forum.  It sounds fron what you described is that your "box" is not square but slightly shifted.  What I mean is that if you have a square box with 4 corners, if you squeeze the top left and bottom right corner you will start to get more of a diamond shape.  No longer having true 90* corners.  The Craigcat boat can be very similar to a box as it has a few connection points (the thru-bolts....nylon, aluminum, stainless, whatever).  If your angles are not at a true 90*, you could possibly be riding on a slight diamond shape instead of a true square.  This would cause exactly what you are describing.  (Ever see a crooked truck drive down the road?).  Most likely a bent frame and no longer on a perfect square box.

Solution, check ALL of your thru bolts and make sure your pontoons are EXACTLY the same length front to back when they are tightend.  You want to create a uniform box shape.

Edited by Mr_Super-Hunky on July 12 2011 at 13:36

SWSportsman
"Seaman"

Posted: July 12 2011 at 13:55 | IP Logged Quote SWSportsman

Mr. S.H., if you keep on talking up that Power Tech prop you're gonna cost me some more money! :-)

SWSportsman
"Seaman"

Posted: July 12 2011 at 14:03 | IP Logged Quote SWSportsman

Yaaaaaayyyy.....UPS man just brought my new seats!! I've got a lot of work (fun) ahead of me this weekend.

I like the way Cabela's under-promises and over-delivers! I ordered the seats on Thursday the 7th (on-line) and their estimated delivery date was July 15th. They arrived today, the 11th. Love it.

BTW, the bimini top strap on my boat must have been the original. It was faded and frayed and popped the first time I tried to erect the top. Stopped by West Marine (Worst Marine, as they are called around here) and they wanted an astounding $29.99 for one pair! Instead I ordered a pair from Gander Mountain for $7.99 (shipped free) and guess what? They appear to be the same "Made in China" straps. I try to support local stores as much as possible, but that's way out of whack.

I suspect 2 of these straps might be a lifetime supply for an old codger like me.

bepar108
"Seaman"

Posted: July 12 2011 at 16:16 | IP Logged Quote bepar108

Does anyone dock their CC in the water?  I can't seem to find a good floating docking system that would work similar to the way people dock their jet ski
Back to Top Printable version View bepar108's Profile Search for other posts by bepar108

SWSportsman
"Seaman"

Posted: July 12 2011 at 16:31 | IP Logged Quote SWSportsman

Quote: bepar108
Does anyone dock their CC in the water?  I can't seem to find a good floating docking system that would work similar to the way people dock their jet ski

I've never seen one docked in the water. I've tied mine up temporarily on the lake shore.

Jet-Dock is a modular system that possibly could be configured to work:

http://www.jetdock.com/?gclid=CLHcmKzR_KkCFRAq7AodphJuXw

I don't think you could drive one up on the floats though, since your prop is nearly amidships. I wouldn't want to do a lot of winching on my superstructure either...doesn't seem that stout.

A lift might work if you extended the bolsters:

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?i=86990& amp; amp;pdesc=DockSide_Lil_Lifter_Manual_Lakeside_Hoist_7_Lift_1 000_Lbs&str=pwc+lift&merchID=4005

Edited by Sonja Lowe on September 25 2013 at 11:52

3 DOG
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: July 12 2011 at 16:51 | IP Logged Quote 3 DOG

I used a similar system as the jet dock for years and it worked ok but it was expensive and I had to remove it from the water to clean the bottom each year. It was hard to run up on the cubes as you need to get them to submerge and have a gap for the motor. The front of the craig cat is too low in the water. I used the cubes from Candock and kept modifying the configuration until I got it to work. Mine was tied up in a slip. If you have shallow water you can drive poles into the bottom to keep the cubes from moving when drive up on them. I just filled about 4 with water so they would sink and create a ramp. To get it right you will spend more than you want.

Edited by 3 DOG on July 12 2011 at 16:52
Back to Top Printable version View 3 DOG's Profile Search for other posts by 3 DOG

bepar108
"Seaman"

Posted: July 12 2011 at 18:40 | IP Logged Quote bepar108

I looked at several of the modular cube docks and was confronted with the same issue you guys mentioned.  The CC is too low to the water in order to climb on the the cubes.  When I called Candock about this application and they told me that it wont work, although the idea of submerging the back cubes with water balast suggested by 3 dog, sounds interesting.  How did you get water in the cubes?
I do agree about the price.  I think it would be close to $3,000 which is totally prohibitive for me.  I think trailoring and launching may be my only solution, unless any one else has further ideas on the subject.  Beaching the boat by my house was something I considered, but the trouble with that, unfortunately, is that the small amount of beach area I have, is prone to changing water hights in my lake, therefore refloating the boat when the water is high.
Back to Top Printable version View bepar108's Profile Search for other posts by bepar108

3 DOG
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: July 12 2011 at 22:33 | IP Logged Quote 3 DOG

I just put two holes in each cube and they filled with water.  I used the half cubes as the full size cubes are too tall.

If you have a small beach, you might try a ramp with a wench to pull it up.  You can just slide it down to launch.

Edited by 3 DOG on July 12 2011 at 22:36
Back to Top Printable version View 3 DOG's Profile Search for other posts by 3 DOG

oceanview21
"Seaman"

Posted: July 13 2011 at 08:12 | IP Logged Quote oceanview21

Thanks Floridaman!...that was my thoughts on the
"crabbing" prob...I did tighten the vinyl hardware and
changed the prop....way better now....but I will have my
wife on board today, so equal ballast will be the real test to
the handling prob...but yesterday CC was good (but I was
on my own)

I actually sat in the passenger seat and WOT'd...
steered from the passenger seat...boat went 100%
straight! and no torque steer...

Thanks for the info...LOVE THIS BOAT!!....we use it in the
Myakka River, Charlotte Harbor, and the Gulf...it's a blast!!

Thanks Again!

floridaman
"Seaman"

Posted: July 13 2011 at 09:07 | IP Logged Quote floridaman

I am planning a road trip in the fall to the West Coast of Florida and try boating on the Gulf. The water there is much cleaner and calmer than the Atlantic and I am limited to intercoastal waterways on the East coast. The closest lake to me is very large but scenery is not pretty and too many gators. The West Coast has a lot of smaller offshore islands with nice clean beaches.

I am glad you got your problem solved and enjoying the cat.

CarolinaKitty
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: July 13 2011 at 09:56 | IP Logged Quote CarolinaKitty

West Coast of Florida is perfect for the CC !!  I'm not sure where you are planning to go but I lived in Ft Walton Bch up in the panhandle for 9 years.  The crystal clear gulf waters on the Emerald Coast from Destin to Pensacola are beautiful. 

The Intracoastal Waterway from Ft Walton to Pensacola (45 miles) would be a beautiful trip.  Only a thin Barrier Island on the gulf side of the waterway with white sand beaches and great scenery all the way. 

Many times the Gulf was calm enough for a CC but the Choctawhatchee Bay (6 miles X 28 miles in size) and the many bayous and coves in the area are a paradise for a small boat.  If it weren't for my job and other obligations up here in Carolina, I'd be living there today!!

SWSportsman
"Seaman"

Posted: July 13 2011 at 10:31 | IP Logged Quote SWSportsman

CarolinaKitty, where do you live & boat? I'm on Lake Murray near Leesville SC.

Are there facilities on the ICW from Ft. Walton to Pensacola? I'd be a little worried about fuel because I'm not sure how much my CC burns at different speeds yet.

I'm considering a vacation in that area and may take the 'Cat.

Mr_Super-Hunky
"Seaman"

Posted: July 13 2011 at 15:13 | IP Logged Quote Mr_Super-Hunky

I'm jealous of you guys that can go boating in Floridas Intercoastal waterways and west coat ocean.  I've been there on vacation years ago and it is beautiful.

I think the Craigcat is in a better proportion when used in smaller waterways or smaller bodies of water.  When I'm in a large open area (shore way at a distance), you can feel small and even at full throttle it can seem like  your barely moving.   When I'm on the Colorado River which is not overly wide, the scenery is much closer and you can really fly around at full throttle if you want to.  You can also experience and interact with the scenery at a much more relaxed and enjoyable pace too.  In any event, I prefer to use my boat in calmer, clearer and smaller bodies of water.  Ideal setting would be a narrower water way in which the shore is not WAY out of sight.

The boat handles smaller, mild chop very well but anything larger at full speed could get pretty rough....or worse.  Coastal cruising in calm clear water be it a lake or ocean along with clean, safe (depth) rivers are ideal.   I've taken my boat out in a large lake last year in which the water was chocolate brown.  It felt creepy.  When standing knee deep in the dark chocolate water at shore waiting for my wife to get the trailer, I could only think of the large fish with teeth (Northern Pike) that live in the lake.  Of course as I moved towards the boat ramp a large piece of seeweed grabed onto my calf in a pulling/tugging motion as I tried to walk forward.  I could only envision being bitten by sharp teeth next!

Of course it was only seeweed and my mind playing the role of the Barracuda type fish eating me but I find myself only boating in clean ,clear calm waters.  Everything is so much more enjoyable this way.

floridaman
"Seaman"

Posted: July 13 2011 at 15:22 | IP Logged Quote floridaman

Next Summer I would like to spend some time in the Florida keys. The water is warm and clear and there are  underwater state parks with coral reefs that are ideal for diving or snorkeling. The corel reefs are not too far from the shoreline and the CC will be great for that. In the Florida keys you can go on the ocean side or the gulf side but the nice reefs are on the ocean side.

http://www.floridakeys.com/lowerkeys/looekey.htm

CarolinaKitty
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: July 13 2011 at 15:34 | IP Logged Quote CarolinaKitty

The ICW between Ft Walton Beach and Pensacola FL has many public and private launches.  There is fuel available along the way too.  Navarre Beach is about half way and is a good place to stop.  There are many islands in the middle of the ICW on this route and you can beach the boat and have the island all to yourself. 

When I'm taking a long trip, I always take along a couple of gallons or so of extra fuel onboard stored behing the seating area.  This is because on my first CC excursion, I ran out of gas and had to paddle the final 400 yards to the ramp.  I found out that the CC is not a pleasure to paddle expecially against the river current.  However, later I found that the CC supplied gas can has a small divider on the bottom and if you tilt it on end towards the fuel pick up you get about another quart or so of fuel.  Sometimes this little bit of gas may get you out of a tight spot. 

Don't believe the 1 gallon per hour advertisement.  Check it out for yourself.  My average is abut 1.5 to 2 gallons per hour.

SWSportsman:  I live in Kingstree and boat on Lake Marion, Black River, and the ICW from Georgetown to Mrytle Beach.  There is a dock on the ICW right behind the Bass Pro Shop Mrytle Beach location.  You can tie up and go shop.  What more could you ask for.

CarolinaKitty

newfields
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: July 13 2011 at 15:44 | IP Logged Quote newfields

SH,

I was chuckling when you wrote about the seaweed and the tricks your mind was playing on you. I can relate!

I definitely prefer calmer and clearer waters as well. Our lakehouse's lake has visibility to about 10 feet down. Definitely enough to check out the fish making fish nests in shallower spots. The biggest fish I have personally seen here was 27 inches. They come a bit bigger but don't bite (that I'm aware of!).

While its fun on occasion for me to head out in 3'+ high swells when the wind/boat traffic is kicking up, its not something I would want to do on a long trip. It certainly wouldn't be a dry trip. The "windshield" helps considerably but time a wave wrong and you can still get pretty soaked.

One thing I really appreciate about my CC is its mobility. Our main house is near a river that runs into our downtown area. I can easily plop in the CC and ride it 6 miles or so through some great scenery and into to the estuary bay that feeds the river.

With all this mention of docks, it is absolutely critical to pull it off the water each day? My CC is out about 4 months per year. Half that time it is docked in (on) the water. Other times I pull it up on our beach. I've had it for 4 years now and haven't seen any adverse side affects from doing this.

Tim
Back to Top Printable version View newfields's Profile Search for other posts by newfields

SWSportsman
"Seaman"

Posted: July 14 2011 at 09:56 | IP Logged Quote SWSportsman

CarolinaKitty, sorry to get so far off topic, but I used to enjoy stopping in Kingstree and having a chicken salad sandwich at the fountain at Preacher's Drug Store on Academy St. Are they still in business?

CarolinaKitty
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: July 14 2011 at 11:38 | IP Logged Quote CarolinaKitty

Off topic so contact me at my e-mail enfjwb@yahoo.com.

Carolina kitty

SWSportsman
"Seaman"

Posted: July 15 2011 at 13:11 | IP Logged Quote SWSportsman

Anyone here know what size prop nut the Mercury 25hp two-stroke has? The cheap plastic one on my motor is stripped. The threads look pretty coarse. Thought I'd replace it with either a ss nylock or regular and drill the shaft for a cotter pin.

floridaman
"Seaman"

Posted: July 15 2011 at 13:39 | IP Logged Quote floridaman

Try this site

http://www.psepmarineparts.biz/store/mercury_prop_nuts_and_t ab_washers.htm

Edited by Sonja Lowe on September 25 2013 at 11:54

SWSportsman
"Seaman"

Posted: July 15 2011 at 15:29 | IP Logged Quote SWSportsman

Another source tells me 3/4 - 16.  Can anyone confirm?

Mr_Super-Hunky
"Seaman"

Posted: July 15 2011 at 23:00 | IP Logged Quote Mr_Super-Hunky

The OEM part # is 11-40119-12 for the prop nut but I can't find what size it actually is.  You could bring it in to a specialty nut & bolt store (Copperstate nuts & bolts) and they could tell you.  If not, you may have to spend a few bucks for the factory OEM one.

bepar108
"Seaman"

Posted: July 16 2011 at 18:00 | IP Logged Quote bepar108

Has anyone tried using a bigger gas tank than the 6 gal. tank that comes with the boat?  I am getting about 2 gal./hour mpg and find it a bit impractical to refill the tank so often, and to also limit the distance I can go round trip on a tankful without refilling somewhere. 
I was thinking about replacing the existing tank with a 9gal. or low profile 12 gal.  I know the extra weight will have some repercussions, but more time on the water without having to head back to refuel seems a good return.
Any thoughts?

Wentland
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: July 16 2011 at 19:34 | IP Logged Quote Wentland

I carry a 2 gal can of gas next to the main tank, in case I run out of gas. This allows me to use more of the six gallons without worrying about running out of gas.
Back to Top Printable version View Wentland's Profile Search for other posts by Wentland

Mr_Super-Hunky
"Seaman"

Posted: July 16 2011 at 23:17 | IP Logged Quote Mr_Super-Hunky

I think a bit of extra gas is a good idea since I've run out a few times myself.  I usually run near full throttle and use approx 2 1/2 galls/hour this way.

I'd be tempted to use a smaller auxiliary tank up front where the cooler goes.  This may balance out your load a little better.  Especially when starting from a dead stop.  You could even use a small square fuel cell (approx size of an apple pie in a box) that will hold a few gallons and put the cooler on top of it.  A white fuel cell and you won't even notice it.

Off road/jeep supply stores/sites have these auxiliary fuel cells.  You could even put a 2 1/2 gall  $6.00 Home Depot Blitz tank inside of a small cooler if you really want to go stealth!

]
] ]
13 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »

Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
  ]
Printable version Printable version