View Last Post Viking Yachts Links
Last Post By: Viking44
Forum: Viking Yacht

Posted: April 17 2014 at: 06:32

View Last Post Amerosport 320
Last Post By: Jerry737
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: April 13 2014 at: 16:00

View Last Post Any Uniflite Owners near Berkeley CA???
Last Post By: concordian
Forum: Uniflite

Posted: March 08 2014 at: 02:27

View Last Post Inverter
Last Post By: eshover
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: February 03 2014 at: 11:32

]
] ]

Hatteras
 BoatUS Boat Groups/Manufacturer Forums>>Hatteras
Subject Topic: chat Post ReplyPost New Topic
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
] ] ]
]
Author
Message Prev Topic | Next Topic 
TN Freebird
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 20 2007 at 16:45 | IP Logged Quote TN Freebird

Yo Dave!

Welcome to the jungle, we got fun and games!!!

Yep, this could prove to be very interesting!  Hey Bill, how did you get the censored thing to show up?  Did you say phuck or something?

If so, I reckon that was okay as long as you used it in the proper context as in... never mind.

Back to Top Printable version View TN Freebird's Profile Search for other posts by TN Freebird

TN Freebird
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 20 2007 at 16:50 | IP Logged Quote TN Freebird

Hey Dave (captddis),

Your response to PastGal's thread which was a purposeful dig at me was friggin priceless.

For any of you who haven't seen PastGal made his usual ass of the year trophy run, check out the posts on the General Cruising section of this board.

Truth is, I really would like to see all this kind of thing stop altogether as I never wanted it in the first place.  But this guy just simply refuses to let it go.  I know I need to be the bigger man, and I am the bigger man!  I hope that little Pepe' Lepew wannabe shows up at the HOF rendezvouz we all talked about!

Ah hell, I'm always ready to kiss and make up as long as he kisses what I ask him to!  Seriously, I think we could get along just fine like we did at the CDR if he would just lighten up.

Edited by TN Freebird on March 20 2007 at 16:50
Back to Top Printable version View TN Freebird's Profile Search for other posts by TN Freebird

thuddddddd
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 20 2007 at 17:48 | IP Logged Quote thuddddddd

I missed y'all over at the other place   guess the little lost "jester" has another playground, in birdland.   I like these Icons alot better than back "home"
Back to Top Printable version View thuddddddd's Profile Search for other posts by thuddddddd

campbellde
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 20 2007 at 18:11 | IP Logged Quote campbellde

OK, I made it here. Wasn't much of a talker on the other site. Randy has talked me in to coming out of my shell here. Good to see you guys here. Bio and other stuff to follow. Don't get too excited!
Back to Top Printable version View campbellde's Profile Search for other posts by campbellde

eclipsarkanna
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 20 2007 at 18:31 | IP Logged Quote eclipsarkanna

I am not the welcome wagon type but welcome to all the folks that just found the "anti-pastgal site".

Captddis: I will take a look or just have your buddy email me at eclipsarkanna@rogers.com as I would like to talk to him before signing. Thanks Dave.

Randy Just go to the bottom of all the Emoticon faces and click "more" and another long list comes up with translations.

Bill

ps: I can hardly restrain myself waiting for either Pastgal or some other AH landing on this site that takes a run at the Birdman - then watch the flock close in!

Edited by eclipsarkanna on March 20 2007 at 18:33
Back to Top Printable version View eclipsarkanna's Profile Search for other posts by eclipsarkanna

yachtsmanbill
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 20 2007 at 19:06 | IP Logged Quote yachtsmanbill

Isnt anti-pastgal some kinda olive salad EUROPEAN AMERICANS eat?  
    My ISO's buying Mexican for dinner tonite.  Gotta fly the 'coup !!  Vamos a la
    chingata!
    YMW

Passages
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 20 2007 at 19:16 | IP Logged Quote Passages

Hey Guys,

Is this chair taken?  How 'bout I buy a round of Grey Goose martini for everyone. 

Back to Top Printable version View Passages's Profile Search for other posts by Passages

captddis
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 20 2007 at 19:20 | IP Logged Quote captddis

Randy,

Yeah, I figured that after the old thread got shut down if AH pastgal was going to start another thread which was only intended as a jab to you, I would give him a equally stupid answer.

Personally I would let him make a fool of himself, then point out where he is wrong. I wouldn't wast too much time on him. Although it is entertaining!

Dave

Back to Top Printable version View captddis's Profile Search for other posts by captddis

kwerges
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 20 2007 at 19:41 | IP Logged Quote kwerges

Is there room for one more at the bar???  I heard Randy's serving up his own brand of drinks over here...

Back to Top Printable version View kwerges's Profile Search for other posts by kwerges

eclipsarkanna
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 20 2007 at 20:28 | IP Logged Quote eclipsarkanna

Capt Dave:

I have been following the "Bella". My only problem is (and I am sure you have heard this over and over) that I don't have the $500k to put down. There is no doubt that Bella is worth every penny - even a no-nothing person like me can tell that Bella has been babied and loved to death. Everything is to perfection and my own personal note to my file was that "Bella" was the best of the 61s. The only problem is that it is $200k asking over the one that I am circling. I know full well that I will be in for problems and money but when you don't have the required funds, I feel there is no sense me wasting the owner's time. I fall into this trap all the time - buy the cheaper one and then sink twice as much into repairs. The difference is that at least I get into a 61 versus not getting into one. Its a really tough call. I just don't see the owner of Bella coming down into my range. I could certainly choke up more money (and think of taking a loan - which I was trying to avoid) for a beauty like Bella but I suspect I am still out of the range of Bella. If you have any advice, I would gladly listen loudly - drop me a note to eclipsarkanna@rogers.com if you have any ideas that might bring me closer to a purchase of Bella.

Thanks for your time by the way. I am sure you have better things to do than help a newbie like me out.

Bill

Back to Top Printable version View eclipsarkanna's Profile Search for other posts by eclipsarkanna

eclipsarkanna
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 20 2007 at 20:35 | IP Logged Quote eclipsarkanna

The Bird has a following and since he isn't around to welcome, I guess me likely being the oldest fart on this site (hovering on 60) I should be the welcome wagon. I think its great that a decent group has found this place and a great welcome to Thuddddddd.........; Campbellede; Passages and Kwerges. I am sure there is a story in the names - another time. So now that Randy boy has us all sitting here like ladies in waiting for his wit and wisdom, where the hell is the boy. I picked up the phone this afternoon (spent 20 bucks calling him from Toronto - here on a break) saying his audience was waiting. I think the Bird has stage fright! If anyone has ideas how we coax him out of his nest, go for it.

Bill

TN Freebird
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 20 2007 at 20:56 | IP Logged Quote TN Freebird

Hey guys,

Sorry to be late coming on tonight.  I turned off my generator while fueling and my computer crashed.  Anybody know where I can get a 12-32VDC computer?

Hey Capt Dave, I'm thinking of placing an ad looking to purchase an '06 Sandbarhopper.  You think I would get any help in locating "one" of them?

Either that or I'll post details on how to build one of my own.  Take an old Hobie or similar cat, drink a fifth of Grey Goose, grap a sawzall and voila... an '07 Oui Oui Beach Assault Boat.

Should I tell Pascal about the references to the swim platform... never mind.

captddis
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 20 2007 at 20:59 | IP Logged Quote captddis

He won't answer you, but if Thurston offered real money, how could  he resist.
Back to Top Printable version View captddis's Profile Search for other posts by captddis

Paul45c
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 20 2007 at 21:30 | IP Logged Quote Paul45c

Quote: thuddddddd
I missed y'all over at the other place
guess the little lost "jester" has another playground, in birdland. I
like these Icons alot better than back "home"
Hey,
Thudddddddddd...remember me? Met you at Sailfish Marina with the
BIRD and other questionable company many moons ago. Just wanted
to see what he's got you guys up to over here.

OK, let's start working the BIRD over hard on some nice starchy very
detailed TECH discussions!!

eclipsarkanna
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 20 2007 at 21:38 | IP Logged Quote eclipsarkanna

Judging by a post I just spotted on General Discussion duck or bird season hunting season just opened. I suspect someone just trying to bait our friend.

TN Freebird
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 20 2007 at 21:48 | IP Logged Quote TN Freebird

Rut row, who brought the Jello?  LOVE the signature JB.  Is Darlene speaking with a Southern accent after last Thursday night?  I never knew there were so many syllables in God!

Thuddd, dude, thanks for the call tonight, sorry to be short.  Damn, I hope you didn't think I was teasing you about being short.

Now then, I'll be write back as I have to go see what the kiddies have come up with for me over on the public side of this here for 'em.

You know, I reckon I'm feelin' about the same as ole' Dale Earnhardt did when he used to take Junior to the go-kart track at the county fair.

My .45 is locked and loaded!  Let's go find some fish!

Edited by TN Freebird on March 21 2007 at 07:24

TN Freebird
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 20 2007 at 21:59 | IP Logged Quote TN Freebird

LOL, I know who the 'bird hunter is!

Check out my post on that one as well as Pascal's attempt to get me going on his refueling thread!  BubbAmigo put a good one on him, so did the guy with that infectious disease!!

neener neener neener!

Boss Lady
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 20 2007 at 22:46 | IP Logged Quote Boss Lady

Hey Bird, is court in session? LOL I hope we can have some fun here without the pinheads butting in.

TN Freebird
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 21 2007 at 06:50 | IP Logged Quote TN Freebird

Hey Chris, welcome to the party son!

Yes, court is in session with the honorable F. B. Gump presiding over the court jesters!

Maybe we can now communicate a little easier and converse like adults without the kids interrupting all the time.

Speaking of kids, I'll be write back.

Ah hell, I thought I heard Ryan crying and it turned out just to Pascal again!

Edited by TN Freebird on March 21 2007 at 06:56

TN Freebird
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 21 2007 at 07:13 | IP Logged Quote TN Freebird

Okay guys, just to keep this on the serious side, I thought I would take JB's suggestion to discuss a technical issue.  I am not in a position to ask this question on the technical forum on the HOF, so I will ask this of you or perhaps one of you could ask this question on the HOF for me.

As ya'll know I have a blowed up starboard 12V71N on my 58.  I have seriously been considering replacing that engine with a 453N as money is a little tight right now.

I figure I could switch back and forth between the big engine and the little engine whenever I want to go fast or whenever I want to slow down and save on fuel.

I think this is a fine idea and wonder why nobody has come up with this idea on the HOF yet.  Do you concur?

Will I have to change the transmission gearing ratios to accomodate my bi-polar powered Hatteras?

Can someone tell me the weight difference between these two engines and that of a 12oz bottle of BudLight?

I figure I could counterbalance the boat by placing my refrigerator to starboard with the appropriate number of beers to keep my boat from listing.  Of course this would require constant restocking of said refrigerator from my centerline unit under the bar in the pilothouse.  Some sacrifices are necessary I suppose, as it wouldn't be prudent to operate an improperly balanced 58TC Hatteras motoryacht.  Hell, somebody might laugh at me!

Can anyone proceed to recommend proper propeller procurement possibly to profficiently propel my properly professionally prepared personal pkitty palace prior to probably sometime next month after my prolonged probation period possibly peters out?

Edited by TN Freebird on March 21 2007 at 07:23

Paul45c
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 21 2007 at 07:54 | IP Logged Quote Paul45c

Well, first off you have to make sure that any wiring that might have been disturbed in the changeover to the smaller motor is still safe, BECAUSE IT COULD CATCH FIRE!!!  After that, it just becomes a simple exercise in engineering, but the thermal BTU total energy potential of the fuel will not change -- more fuel = more power.  Now, if you couple two of those 4-53s with powerful dynamos to make generators out of them, THAT would be a boat worth having.

Or, you could just take your boat no more than 5 miles each weekend, and if that's all you're doing, who needs planing speeds?

captddis
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 21 2007 at 08:03 | IP Logged Quote captddis

Yes and if you are an expert, you could just use the one engine. Also a expert would find that his boat never blows around and sees no need for a thruster. Even singlehanded.

Wild Bill
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 21 2007 at 08:07 | IP Logged Quote Wild Bill

Is this the aviary for former HOF participants?

captddis
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 21 2007 at 08:16 | IP Logged Quote captddis

Either that or the asylum!

eclipsarkanna
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 21 2007 at 08:27 | IP Logged Quote eclipsarkanna

Bird: I am on the floor with your Tech question! You definitely have a flair for the dramatic and with humour Since you asked a serious question I will help answer. I say put a Mercruiser I/O in as the second engine and then you can go over to that "other" place. Then you can go to the gas dock with your genset on and have em really confused as to whether you are fueling your diesel engine or your mercruiser. Pastgal will really have to scratch his head to complain.

Bill

garyd
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 21 2007 at 08:38 | IP Logged Quote garyd

Hey where the party go. I think I just found it. Hi guys hey bird. The other site been awful quiet without you..'...all LOL.

garyd
Back to Top Printable version View garyd's Profile Search for other posts by garyd

34Hatt
"Seaman"

Posted: March 21 2007 at 09:06 | IP Logged Quote 34Hatt

Well another Yankee is here!! A little Bird fly in my window this morning and showed me where to fly too...

It has been dead over at the other SIDE but this looks promising...

Hey Thudddd where have you been Hiding are you still digging out

Back to Top Printable version View 34Hatt's Profile Search for other posts by 34Hatt

thuddddddd
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 21 2007 at 09:17 | IP Logged Quote thuddddddd

Dan, still digging. I was in La for a bert31 party when the storm hit. 14" then rain fun fun. Motors are just about done though. putting all the parts back on

Paul I rember , fun time. where you been hiding?

Back to Top Printable version View thuddddddd's Profile Search for other posts by thuddddddd

garyd
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 21 2007 at 09:38 | IP Logged Quote garyd

Hey bird. Why not remove both engines and install oars. They would have to be long ones. You could hire a guy to row, put in some tunes to row by though. If ya used the boat only once in a while the cost savings would be incredable. LOL

You could hold interviews for the next Admiral, if they row they stay no rowing walk the plank.

See what happens with no rules.

garyd
Back to Top Printable version View garyd's Profile Search for other posts by garyd

Traveler45C
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 21 2007 at 10:12 | IP Logged Quote Traveler45C

So, this is the Dark Side.

Hey guys!  I got an invite from the Bird to drop in.  It's good 2CU yous' again!

I've been away from the HOF for quite some time and it's seems I've missed much- PastGal???  What the hell is going on?

I'll try and do some catching up over there so at least I"ll know what the hell you guys are talkin' about.

Trav

Back to Top Printable version View Traveler45C's Profile Search for other posts by Traveler45C

Paul45c
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 21 2007 at 10:25 | IP Logged Quote Paul45c

Quote: captddis
Yes and if you are an expert, you could just use the one engine. Also a expert would find that his boat never blows around and sees no need for a thruster. Even singlehanded.
Don't forget, now, that spring line 4 steps out of the wheelhouse door when singlehanding makes all the difference.

Paul45c
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 21 2007 at 10:32 | IP Logged Quote Paul45c

Quote: thuddddddd
Paul I rember , fun time. where you been hiding?
Doing my best not to hide, Thuddddd.  Glad you remember our little gathering at Sailfish.  Man, what a pretty afternoon!  Sadly, the 'Bird has a well-developed survival instinct 'cause he caught us before we could slip the lines and get the heck out of the marina while he was hopefully still talking to you.

Y'know, for as many times as the DookyBIRD says he really doesn't drink much, why is it every time I get together with him I lose enough brain cells to put me back another grade in school?  That day was what you'd call a classic case in point!  That "shift" lasted from about 9AM until 10:30PM.  Then he migrated back south again for my group's infamous little "Tour De Bar" -- an all-day 5-stop bicycle pubcrawl that culminates in watching the SuperBowl at a friend's house.  See what I mean?  He doesn't miss one of those events!

Mike53
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 21 2007 at 11:19 | IP Logged Quote Mike53

Hey...I'm here too

Miguel

Mike53
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 21 2007 at 11:31 | IP Logged Quote Mike53

Quote: eclipsarkanna
Judging by a post I just spotted on General Discussion duck or bird season hunting season just opened. I suspect someone just trying to bait our friend.

Mike53
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 21 2007 at 11:34 | IP Logged Quote Mike53

I have problems posting.

I wanted to ask where is the General Discussion Thread

Miguel

TN Freebird
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 21 2007 at 11:45 | IP Logged Quote TN Freebird

Damn! 

What a bunch of losers!!!

Ya'll ain't got nuthin' better to do than sit around like a bunch of hens in a 'Bird house?

LOL I thought I had already gotten myself kicked off this site when I couldn't find the spot to log on!

Hell, I wish I had save the post I made after SeaEric launched his little attack thread on your's truly.

When I saw that, I posted a new thread on Anchor Rhode Inspection.  I bet if I try really hard I can re-create that again, but most of my stuff just comes out of nowhere, and if I don't write it down, I forget it.

Like I said earlier, WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE!!!  LET'S BUNGLE, YON'T TO?

TN Freebird
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 21 2007 at 11:51 | IP Logged Quote TN Freebird

Quote: Traveler45C

So, this is the Dark Side.

Hey guys!  I got an invite from the Bird to drop in.  It's good 2CU yous' again!

I've been away from the HOF for quite some time and it's seems I've missed much- PastGal???  What the hell is going on?

I'll try and do some catching up over there so at least I"ll know what the hell you guys are talkin' about.

Trav

Yo Greg my boy, welcome to the dark side indeed where men are men and the sheep are scared and PastGal can't have a nite lite!

Are you tellin' me I didn't send you my "Biff" series I wrote while in the basement of the HOF?

Anybody else out there need a copy?

I know I haven't sent it to Miguel yet, but that's one furriner I think we can all trust!  I think that boy might be dang near as crazy as I am based on some emails we've exchanged!

Hey Miguel, sorry I called you a lawyer!

Hey eclips, sorry I told Miguel I was sorry I called him a lawyer!

Damn, this is gonna be sooo goood... right up until the time some moderator or a buddy of PastGal's shows up and ruins it for all of us.

No worries, the 'Bird shall circle until a suitable nesting site is chosen, then there will be hell to pay for whiners everywhere!

Mike53
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 21 2007 at 11:57 | IP Logged Quote Mike53

Got to go to lunch....man I'm on a diet and it is KILLING me...

When I am back maybe I will have that Biff series you mention

Miguel

Traveler45C
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 21 2007 at 13:51 | IP Logged Quote Traveler45C

Biff Series, Biff Series?  What Biff Series?

A got a PM there that was written in Frenglish...Tongue

Send it!

Edited by Traveler45C on March 21 2007 at 13:53

garyd
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 21 2007 at 14:02 | IP Logged Quote garyd

Hey bird I have thought of an improvement of the design for your power problems. We will keep the long oarsman for ramming speed. But ya gonna need something to get in and out of the slip. So we mount a paddle wheel in half the engine room the other half is for the galley wench to row when she is not cooking.

We connect the paddle wheel to the helm seats using bicycle chain with peddles one for the captain and one for the admiral. You can peddle into and out of the slip use the extra woman power when docking in a current and the long oarsman for ramming speed.

Maybe I could patent this design. If fuel prices don't stop going up we may all be peddling our boats.

garyd

]
] ]
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
  ]
Printable version Printable version