View Last Post Viking Yachts Links
Last Post By: Viking44
Forum: Viking Yacht

Posted: April 17 2014 at: 06:32

View Last Post Amerosport 320
Last Post By: Jerry737
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: April 13 2014 at: 16:00

View Last Post Any Uniflite Owners near Berkeley CA???
Last Post By: concordian
Forum: Uniflite

Posted: March 08 2014 at: 02:27

View Last Post Inverter
Last Post By: eshover
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: February 03 2014 at: 11:32

]
] ]

Sea Ray
 BoatUS Boat Groups/Manufacturer Forums>>Sea Ray
Subject Topic: 1982 260 Express Cruiser Info. Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
Author
Message Prev Topic | Next Topic 
Charliek
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 06 2007 at 21:52 | IP Logged Quote Charliek

I just purchased this boat, and am in the process of restoring the Interior. Does anyone have any Pic. or links to what the cockpit and rear deck area was from Sea Ray. I have looked at brochure pic on their website, but it only shows side view of boat in water, nothing about floorplan. And have not found any for sale to look at those pics. Cant get much from SR, too old.

Any help will be Appreciated......

markccalhoun
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: May 21 2007 at 19:46 | IP Logged Quote markccalhoun

I looked thru 10 pages of google and only found 2 that were close to 1982. They are 1983 models. They are the first two listings below.

I bought the 1979 that is the 3rd one below. IF my 1979 has the same cockpit and seating area layout as yours I can send you all the pics you want. In 1979 there were two cockpit layouts. One is like mine that has the open deck area behind the helmsman's seat, and, the fold down back-to-back lounge seat. The other style has a two helmsman's seats and a seat across the back. I have a brochure that details both layouts.

Let me know if I can help you out.

Mark

Edited by Sonja Lowe on September 19 2013 at 15:34
Back to Top Printable version View markccalhoun's Profile Search for other posts by markccalhoun

Charliek
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: May 21 2007 at 21:31 | IP Logged Quote Charliek

Thanks ALOT for your Replies. I see that MAYBE the 2nd. one is close. Cannot see dash very good. I do notice that some had "slide-up" hatch above step down area (more head room going down) Mine does not.

Cannot attach pics, too large for sites 100kb max.Contact me with PM, so I can email pics. to you.

I have seen alot of pics from 81,82,83,84 year models , and NONE like mine. have Back to Back seats on bothsides of helm, With Two fold down seats along transom. Seems to be alot of options from SR. Your rear seat along transom looks like one from center console.I have never seen that option before. Looks like is should work great. Does the backrest flip foward , so you can sit facing rear ?

Again thanks, Charlie

markccalhoun
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: May 22 2007 at 12:33 | IP Logged Quote markccalhoun

Charlie;

I sent you a PM.

I just went and looked at the 2nd boat again. I didn't even notice the double lounge seats before. E-mail that guy and ask for pics of his boat.

Have you actually contacted Sea Ray and ask if they have any details about your boat. All they can do is say "No". But, I'm pretty sure that they would fall over backwards to help you since they are consistantly rated in the top 5 for customer satisfaction by JD Power.

I LOVE my boat. I installed a Pertronix electronic ignition conversion module, a new coil and new plug wires, new plugs and set the timing 5-5-2007.  I took it out for a test drive and hit 34 mph by GPS with a full load of fuel, water, and gear on board. Now that's flying for such a big boat on just one engine! And, the hull needs waxing bad! I'm going to wax it and then put this super slick stuff on it that they claim can add 2 mph to your top end. Then we'll se what she'll do.

The rear seat you're refering to is actually a bait well/ice chest/seat. The backrest does indeed swing to the front or back for sitting either way. That thing cost $350 new (I looked it up) and the people who had it drilled a lot of holes in it so it would drain. Well, guess where it drained? That's right! Right on the wooden engine hatch! It is screwed up and needs fixing in a bad way. I got some plumbing fittings and sealed all the holes in the bottom and added a drain to it. The drain has a hose on it now. Now I can put the hose in one of the deck drain holes and it will drain overboard.

They had begun restoring this boat before I bought it. They came up with some very inovative methods for making the interior MUCH nicer looking and I want to send you pics of what they did. It is easy and will GREATLY improve the looks of the boat. They tore out all the 70's carpet, painted the interior white, and then used a white plastic mesh, with 1/4" square holes in it, to cover all the exposed interior. They used tiny screws to secure it and put plastic covers on the screws. You only need a crew every couple of feet to hold it up. It  would be easy to install and easily replaced if damaged. 

Also, my canvas had lost all its waterproofing ability. It would get soaked and then it would rain inside. A lot of research led me to 303 High Tech Fabric Guard. It is now the highest rated waterproofing there is and is recommened by Sunbrella to resore the waterproofing on their products.  It is rated higher that Scotch Gurad Heavy Duty. I applied it to my canvas and now not one drop of water will penetrate my canvas. I had even tore some of the stiching, but it still doesn't leak there. You need a gallon to do the whole camper canvas. You can google it and I found a gallon of it on Amazon for $65. I needed it before the next rains and got it at West Marine, but it cost me over $100 to buy a gallon by quarts.

Anyway, glad to help,

Mark

Edited by markccalhoun on May 22 2007 at 12:48

Summer Time Dream
1979 Sea Ray SRV-260-EX
26' Express Cruiser
260 HP Mercruiser Engine
Cruise 26-27 MPH
Top Speed 34 MPH
Back to Top Printable version View markccalhoun's Profile Search for other posts by markccalhoun

Charliek
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: May 22 2007 at 18:55 | IP Logged Quote Charliek

Hello Mark,

I did indeed try SeaRay directly. First thru SeaRay Owners Club (you can register on their website) you gave my the Corporate 800 number. They guy there WAS very helpful, but told me that they had a "Little" problem at the Michagan Plant that built OUR boats.Seems they had a problem when they were shutting down the plant.Employees where to box up and SAVE Documents about the boats they built, But they NEVER made it to the Coporate HQ in Tenn. The guy told me he believed they threw the stuff out since they were losing there jobs after that.The ONLY documents SR has is on their website. Which is a BAD copy of a Generic owners manual for Cruisers. They do have SOME brochure pics you can download. With my luck the only pic they had for a 1982 260 Express Cruiser was a SIDE view. Nothing with any interior pictures or floorplan.Believe me I have tried many places. Best pics I got was from a boat dealer in IN. who had one like mine(but a 1983) for sale, and sent me about 12 pics. I knew by doing this , I would become a "New lead" looking to buy HIS boat. Finally had to tell him I bought another boat , for him to stop sending email to me about looking at boat and making offer.I DID tell him I was Just Looking.3 people sent me email about buying the boat. Just like car salesman, Don't want to let you go.

Will try to get the PM you sent. Loged on and brought me to here, not PM area.

As soon as I figure out to do this I will reply.

Charlie

]
] ]

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
  ]
Printable version Printable version