View Last Post Viking Yachts Links
Last Post By: Viking44
Forum: Viking Yacht

Posted: April 17 2014 at: 06:32

View Last Post Amerosport 320
Last Post By: Jerry737
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: April 13 2014 at: 16:00

View Last Post Any Uniflite Owners near Berkeley CA???
Last Post By: concordian
Forum: Uniflite

Posted: March 08 2014 at: 02:27

View Last Post Inverter
Last Post By: eshover
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: February 03 2014 at: 11:32

]
] ]

Ranger
 BoatUS Boat Groups/Manufacturer Forums>>Ranger
Subject Topic: Ranger bass boat problems Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
Author
Message Prev Topic | Next Topic 
mopar426
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: January 21 2007 at 17:47 | IP Logged Quote mopar426

I own a Ranger 520 Commanche (bass boat) that I purchased brand new from the dealer. I was wondering if there were any other ranger boat owners that had any problems.
I have always heard that Ranger boats had a fantastic reputation, and that is one of the reasons I purchased my boat.

I ordered a windshield in the beginning of May 2006 (date of this post 01/21/2007). I called my dealer several times and stopped in a couple of times to see if my windshield was in. Each time I heard that it was not there yet and they would find out why it wasn't there, when I would get it, and call me to let me know. Well, to this date I still don't have my windshield. I contacted the dealer the other day and asked the sales person if he could look into it.
I also have a problem with the seats holding water. If I fish in the rain one time, the boat seats will be wet for a couple of months. After one year of working with the dealer, the dealer replaced the main part of the bench seat but didn't replace the insert portion of the seat nor did they replace the casting seat or rear folding seat. I also told my dealer/salesperson about this problem and some other minor problems (minor problems haven't previously been reported to dealer). I'm curious to see what will happen.
Back to Top Printable version View mopar426's Profile Search for other posts by mopar426

mopar426
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: January 26 2007 at 20:06 | IP Logged Quote mopar426

I went in to the dealer this past Saturday, Jan22nd and dropped off the boat and talked to my original sales person about my problems.  He said he had already asked one of the service guys about my windshield but that he never did get a yes or no answer.  I went to the service desk to talk to this service guy but he was not there that day so I dropped off the boat with a list of things to check. 
 On Monday I went back to the dealer and talked to the service person that i originally worked on the windshield order (and the seats).  He said the windshield wasn't there and he would check into it.  I brought a new (neater) list of things I wanted them the check during the boat service and mentioned that my cell phone number was on the page and to call me with an update on the 1st service item that was on my list.  Well, today is Friday and it's 4:11pm right now and no call. I don't know about 1st item on the service list much less the windshield. 
Now keep this in mind - While I was was there on Saturday the 22nd I looked at some new boats for about 2 hours. You know, a little dreaming about a nice new boat with no problems. We're talking close to $50,000.00 for a new boat, but no one seems to be able to call someone back for a boat they purchased 5 years ago for 40k!
I will update when I can.

Back to Top Printable version View mopar426's Profile Search for other posts by mopar426

mopar426
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 25 2007 at 16:18 | IP Logged Quote mopar426

Picked up the boat on March 22nd - So it's been in the shop for 2 MONTHS!

Seat still not fixed. "They talked to Ranger and told them the seats have plenty of drain holes to drain the water from the seats."  2 months and they can't replace the seat inserts?
Had them replace some gauges. Nuts were laying in the floor under the console.
Asked them to get some slack for the temp sensor wires. What do they do? They disconnect  a plastic strap and leave it that way - quality work!
They FINALLY replaced the windshield that I ordered in May 2006! WHOOPEE.
I asked them to repair the foot pedal for the trolling motor. the pedal is connected to the base by a gnarled rod. They put silicone sealant on either side to hold it in. Yeah that will last - about 30 minutes. More quality work!

I'll never buy another ranger or any boat from this place again.
They blow smoke up your hind end and tell you how good a Ranger is and how good their mechanics are. They tried to sell me a new Z20 for $48,000.00 LOL - yeah right, you can't fix my boat but you can sell me a new one for 48K - what a joke.

Edited by mopar426 on March 25 2007 at 16:21

mopar426
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 25 2007 at 16:19 | IP Logged Quote mopar426

Oh yeah, one more thing.
If you ever see a sign that says nuber one ranger dealer (or whatever brand) don't pay any attention to it.

mopar426
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: December 06 2007 at 09:58 | IP Logged Quote mopar426

Well, never did get the seats totally repaired. The outside part of the bench seat got replaced but they didn't replace the inserts. The inserts still hold water and if you fish in the rain one time, the seats will be wet for months.

The Ranger name is just marketing hype. Or, maybe it's just this dealer/service.
Thinking about getting a new boat now and I'm going to look at everything from a nitro to triton, but not ranger.

ramerenz
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: February 12 2011 at 03:51 | IP Logged Quote ramerenz

hello new here, just wonder if i can install another two boat seat in my boat. the old model of monterey. and i am planning to put the a discounted boat seats. is it all right to install?

Edited by ramerenz on February 14 2011 at 18:41
Back to Top Printable version View ramerenz's Profile Search for other posts by ramerenz

seaslug
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: February 12 2011 at 08:03 | IP Logged Quote seaslug

Quote: mopar426
Well, never did get the seats totally repaired. The outside part of the bench seat got replaced but they didn't replace the inserts. The inserts still hold water and if you fish in the rain one time, the seats will be wet for months.

The Ranger name is just marketing hype. Or, maybe it's just this dealer/service.
Thinking about getting a new boat now and I'm going to look at everything from a nitro to triton, but not ranger.

Have you called Ranger, the manufacturer.  Sometimes you can more action if you call the manufacturer directly.  I don't own a Ranger I own a Dargel which is made in Texas.  It is almost like a Ranger and I have not had any problems with it.

]
] ]

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
  ]
Printable version Printable version