View Last Post Viking Yachts Links
Last Post By: Viking44
Forum: Viking Yacht

Posted: April 17 2014 at: 06:32

View Last Post Amerosport 320
Last Post By: Jerry737
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: April 13 2014 at: 16:00

View Last Post Any Uniflite Owners near Berkeley CA???
Last Post By: concordian
Forum: Uniflite

Posted: March 08 2014 at: 02:27

View Last Post Inverter
Last Post By: eshover
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: February 03 2014 at: 11:32

]
] ]

Chris Craft
 BoatUS Boat Groups/Manufacturer Forums>>Chris Craft
Subject Topic: Chris Craft parts Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
Author
Message Prev Topic | Next Topic 
pop-pop
"Seaman"

Posted: January 19 2007 at 18:14 | IP Logged Quote pop-pop

NOTE: PLEASE READ THIS! (It could benfit you greatly).

Hello, my name is Candace and I work for Earl "the pearl" Stilson who owns Marine Sales & Repair in Harrison Twp, MI. It is very possible that many of you vintage boat owners might recognize his name or the company name. Earl has been in the boating industry for over 30 years and all that while his specialty has been Chris-Crafts. Over the years he has established an incredible inventory of Chris Craft parts and accessories which orgionally began with him buying out the Chris Craft plant in Algonac, MI way back when. His knowledge of Chris Craft boats and engines is almost as vast as his collection of goodies. Earl has helped Chris Craft owners as well as other boaters around the world. He owns two full warehouses of new, new old stock and of course used parts and accessories. That is not even taking into account the half a dozen storage containers housing even more excess stuff. To say the least, it is a boaters paradise between the two buildings. The sheer amount of items in the two buildings is mind-blowing. In one building from floor to ceiling is all new and new old stock accessories and then in the other building it is floor to ceiling engines and components. You could spend weeks in the two places and still never see it all. I am amazed every time I walk up the different isles. The more amazing part is 9 times out of 10 if you ask Earl where something is he can take you right to it despite the massive amount of stock. I guess when you put your whole life into something you better know where things are though. Anyways, the point of this message is to try and reach out even further into the boating community and try and help you too. We are no longer waiting for your calls or waiting for you to come through the door we are coming to you via the internet since it is the new age way. We have established an Ebay store for starters (The stores name is Marine Sales and Repair and we currently have 139 items in the inventory).We are trying to get the word out via methods such as this post. If you own a boat you should definitly know three things: 586-468-0937 is our business line , 586-468-1670 is our fax (send drawings and dimensions of parts you are looking for), and our email is parts01@wowway.com (where you can send pictures of the actual part because a visual always helps considering not all of us who work here a Boat gurus like Earl.) I promise you that those three things will inevitably come in handy. Please feel free to contact us if you are in need of anything for your boat. Thank you for reading this and we hope to be able to help make your boating dreams come true. (Yeah, I know corny,lol.)

Candace

"78" CC-Catalina 251

Back to Top Printable version View pop-pop's Profile Search for other posts by pop-pop

BluesBarge
"Seaman"

Posted: January 19 2007 at 22:13 | IP Logged Quote BluesBarge

Thanks, Pop-pop.  Were you able to get your starter?

M/V Fun Size
                 HADDONFIELD, NJ
Back to Top Printable version View BluesBarge's Profile Search for other posts by BluesBarge

pop-pop
"Seaman"

Posted: January 20 2007 at 23:36 | IP Logged Quote pop-pop

Blue
I had a buddy down at aberdeen proving grounds who machine a new gear for me.

Did you check out the site on ebay.

"78" CC-Catalina 251

Back to Top Printable version View pop-pop's Profile Search for other posts by pop-pop

BluesBarge
"Seaman"

Posted: January 21 2007 at 16:56 | IP Logged Quote BluesBarge

No, I didn't check the ebay site, but I did find the web site for the store.  I'll check ebay tonight.

M/V Fun Size
                 HADDONFIELD, NJ
Back to Top Printable version View BluesBarge's Profile Search for other posts by BluesBarge

Jebo
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: April 03 2007 at 15:48 | IP Logged Quote Jebo

Hello All,
(85 Catalina 280)
  I am having a problem with my fresh water system, the water line leaving the water supply tank has a diafram  type valve, that started leaking.
 My mechanic has it in hand, is having trouble matching it up. The best I can tell it is  a type of back flow preventer.
  Do any of you all know where I can find information on this, or would you know what can replace this??

Happy Days Are Here Again!!
FAIR WEATHER!!
C Ya!
Jesse

diveryates
"Lieutenant"

Posted: April 04 2007 at 01:29 | IP Logged Quote diveryates

Jesse,

Our fresh water system is very simple. Tubing from the bottom of the water tank is fed to the water pump. No one-way valves are used between the tank and the pump. If 25 gallons of fresh water tankage dumps into the bilge, no dig deal. Output of the pump is 'T'ed'. One for cold water (again, no one way valves). The other part of the 'T' goes into the 'in' on the hot water heater. It is here that there is a one way valve preventing overtemp steam backing out the 'water in' on the water heater. I will make photos if need be, but the idea is very simple. I beleive C.C used a standard tubing system going to all the sinks. Identify this system and use it on the output side of the water pump. Any appropriate tubing will work for the supply tank to the pump run.

Roy

Jebo
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: April 04 2007 at 08:10 | IP Logged Quote Jebo

Thanks Roy,
  This is helpful, I will retrieve the part from my mechanic and take a picture, maybe that the device was installed in the wring place! What you say makes sense to me.
   This was installed in the leaving line from the tank to the pump, I will have to look and see if there is a check valve before the water heater. Thanks for your reply!

May fair weather come your way!
C Ya
Jesse

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/jebo125/

Cbetts
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: January 17 2009 at 14:15 | IP Logged Quote Cbetts

I tried to find you on EBay. How are you listed? I am not real good on computer so need instructions an old person would understand! Thank you.

peclarkjr
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: May 28 2009 at 20:58 | IP Logged Quote peclarkjr

I have a 1980 chris craft 251 catalina with the 305 v8 inboard.  I bent my propeller. Does anyone know the correct replacement propeller?  Or any suggestions on where to get one online?

Thanks!

Paul

Back to Top Printable version View peclarkjr's Profile Search for other posts by peclarkjr

Nauti Cat
"Commander"

Posted: May 29 2009 at 08:49 | IP Logged Quote Nauti Cat

Hi Paul,

Check out these guys...

Their website does not have Chris Craft applications listed but there is someone there who seems to know Chris Crafts very well (I do not remember his name) but if you call I am sure they can help.

I went in there with the old prop nut, showed it to the guy and knew exactly the brand and model boat before I said anything,  They probably have listings in the shop and should be able to recommend the prop-er size.

http://www.bosslerandsweezey.com/index.aspx

1540 Montauk Highway

Bellport, NY 11713

info@bosslerandsweezey.com

Tom

PS...check out the Catalina forum...a ton of good information and lots of conversation among several catalina owners (and prior owners..Floater )

"MY WAY"
Back to Top Printable version View Nauti Cat's Profile Search for other posts by Nauti Cat

]
] ]

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
  ]
Printable version Printable version