View Last Post Viking Yachts Links
Last Post By: Viking44
Forum: Viking Yacht

Posted: April 17 2014 at: 06:32

View Last Post Amerosport 320
Last Post By: Jerry737
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: April 13 2014 at: 16:00

View Last Post Any Uniflite Owners near Berkeley CA???
Last Post By: concordian
Forum: Uniflite

Posted: March 08 2014 at: 02:27

View Last Post Inverter
Last Post By: eshover
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: February 03 2014 at: 11:32

]
] ]

Uniflite
 BoatUS Boat Groups/Manufacturer Forums>>Uniflite
Subject Topic: Great Lakes Uniflite Owners Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
Author
Message Prev Topic | Next Topic 
Ron Dudas
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: December 11 2006 at 09:30 | IP Logged Quote Ron Dudas

1976. It has spent the last 31 summers at Toledo Beach ( dock 410 ) and the last  30 winters in our back yard. Since  retirement in 98 we have traversed to the finger lakes of NY in 98, the north channel in 99, the trent-severn loop in 01, the rideau loop in 03, the lake champlain loop in 05 and hope to do lake michigan in 07. We have put a little over 20,000 miles on it in 31 years. Would like to talk to you more and maybe meet you some time.       RayA "

Hi Ray,

I started a new thread for us rather than high-jack Willie's thread.  Ray, also put a post on the other "Uni Owners" link to let the other's know that you came aboard.  We're really trying to get this forum going.

Wow! Another Uniflite on the Great Lakes.  Where are you in Toledo?  It would be great to meet this early summer.  If you read my "Bad News" post you know that I have a lot of work to do this spring.  I'll be up from Indianapolis in Mid April to start the work and will have the boat back to normal no later than mid March.

We did the Great Loop in 2004 -2005 and took the Eastern side of Lake Michigan.  I have a lots of information on ports for you.  Did you ever hear of the "Chubby Mary"?  You can get one in Leland.  Last year we did the Trent.  We were going to do Lake Superior & North Channel this year, but had to postpone due to a wedding.  Now we'll do it in 2008.

I belong to BVYC next to the GC station on the river.  Do you know where its at?

"Teena Maria" 42' Uniflite DC/MY
Back to Top Printable version View Ron Dudas's Profile Search for other posts by Ron Dudas

Dixie Rae
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: December 12 2006 at 11:30 | IP Logged Quote Dixie Rae

Ran across this site this morning. I have a 28'Salty Dog that I use primarly for fishing out of Sheboygan, WI I have owned this boat since 1987 and would not think of owning a different boat. I had the engines rebuilt in 2000 and now have about 1100 hrs. on them they are 305 chevys.

Ron Dudas
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: December 12 2006 at 12:13 | IP Logged Quote Ron Dudas

Hi Dixie,  Welcome, welcome, welcome! 

Uniflite aren't a dying bread after all.  I can remember the first time I heard of a Uniflite and this guy kept talking about "Salty Dog".  For almost 6 months I thought he was referring to a old sea going friend of his and not his boat.

I here that the fishing is very good up there.  Mostly Salmon & Lake Trout isn't it?  In my younger days I had a 24' Starcraft and would do a lot of Walleye fishing with planer boards and down riggers.  Always had plenty of fish to eat.  Now I depend on my friends, and they always come trough for me.

Can you post a photo?

Back to Top Printable version View Ron Dudas's Profile Search for other posts by Ron Dudas

Dixie Rae
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: December 12 2006 at 16:02 | IP Logged Quote Dixie Rae

Hi Ron: I forgot to mention that my boat is a 1973 blister free one. Yes we salmon, lake trout but also brown trout and rainbow trout. The picture of my boat in the spring of the year before I had any equipment on it.

RayA
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: December 13 2006 at 20:37 | IP Logged Quote RayA

Hi Ron,  Am having hard time logging in and posting reply. We live near I-75 exit 210. If I can be of any help on your repairs, please call me at 419-726-3648. Our son's wife belongs to BVYC and Ibelong to ORYC.   Ray   searay27@aol.com
Back to Top Printable version View RayA's Profile Search for other posts by RayA

RayA
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: December 13 2006 at 20:51 | IP Logged Quote RayA

Hi Ron, Where do you dock your boat and where is it stored. We hauled out on Oct 2. After the boat was covered and winterized, I started to work on it. So fare have replaced the rear crankshaft seal on the stbd engine, put new damper plates in both engines,refinished some more of the cockpit wood work and today started sanded the painted area under the v-bunks.   Ray
Back to Top Printable version View RayA's Profile Search for other posts by RayA

Ron Dudas
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: December 15 2006 at 09:11 | IP Logged Quote Ron Dudas

HI Ray,

I keep it at Harrison's Marina.  Like every one in the area, she is on the hard for now.  I use to belong to PPBC but went over to BVYC in Oct, 2004.  BVYC worked out better for me as it's open 7 day a week and I get to use it more often.  Also as a member you get 25 cents a gal. fuel discount.  What's your sons name?

Thanks for the offer to help get her back in shape!  I think I have everything under control for the spring so far.  I'll be up in mid April to get the outside waxed and try to get it in the water the third week of April.  Then I can start on the inside.  I already have people contracted to do the inside work with the stereo, blinds and carpet.

I plan on getting up there in February for the boat show in Detroit, it's like a spring break thing.  We'll get to together for sure.

RayA
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: December 15 2006 at 20:25 | IP Logged Quote RayA

Thanks Ron for the info. Our son's name is Roger Abair and his wife is Erica. They have a Searay 268. There is a Uniflite (32-34) at TYC, a SaltieDog at Bolles Harbor and a 31 at Anchor Point (that was for sale). Let me know when you are coming up and we can meet. We are just across the river in Shore Land.   Ray

Ron Dudas
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: December 16 2006 at 13:28 | IP Logged Quote Ron Dudas

Right on Ray!  Yes I know Roger & Erica.  Things going as planed I'll be there for the boat show in Feb.

RayA
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: January 28 2007 at 22:21 | IP Logged Quote RayA

Hi Ron, We finely have a little snow on the ground. I have been looking for your phone number, but no luck. Would you please call me and I can call you back. Would like to barrow some Lake Michigan charts if you have any,and if you need any charts of the north channel or the St. Maryes River, I have them to lend. My number is 419-726-3648.     Ray

]
] ]

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
  ]
Printable version Printable version