View Last Post Viking Yachts Links
Last Post By: Viking44
Forum: Viking Yacht

Posted: April 17 2014 at: 06:32

View Last Post Amerosport 320
Last Post By: Jerry737
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: April 13 2014 at: 16:00

View Last Post Any Uniflite Owners near Berkeley CA???
Last Post By: concordian
Forum: Uniflite

Posted: March 08 2014 at: 02:27

View Last Post Inverter
Last Post By: eshover
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: February 03 2014 at: 11:32

]
] ]

Chaparral
 BoatUS Boat Groups/Manufacturer Forums>>Chaparral
Subject Topic: new 276 Sig Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
Author
Message Prev Topic | Next Topic 
Black Pearl
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: November 15 2006 at 07:24 | IP Logged Quote Black Pearl

Chaparral needs to do something with their website.  Not sure why not more owners are not using this forum.   Anyone own or have comments about this boat I would love to hear about it.  I purchase an 06 with a Volvo 8.1 (375hp)  I tried the 280hp and for the life of me, I can't figure out why Chaparral would under power a boat like that.  I am sure for some it would be ok, but on ICW not enough.

MB

Back to Top Printable version View Black Pearl's Profile Search for other posts by Black Pearl

oceanfever
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: February 03 2007 at 15:32 | IP Logged Quote oceanfever

I have a 2000 Signature 260 with 600 hours. With a 7.4 merc & Bravo III I'm getting about 1.5 mpg. And at 8000 lbs with gear and fluids I wish the 8.1 had been available when I bought my boat. I just wish I had the volvo out drive. Never again will I have a Bravo III. Spent $2000 two years ago on a new set of gears in the upper gear case and last year $2000 for new gimble ring, shift cable and a few misc other things. Parts just wore out. No misuse. But I still love my boat.

Alla Vita!
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 05 2007 at 21:50 | IP Logged Quote Alla Vita!

Hi - this is my first post.  I just joined on Mar 5, 2007.  I live in Minnesota and boat on the St Croix and Mississippi Rivers and Lake Superior and Lake Michigan.  I took delivery of my 2006 Signature 276 in May 2006.  This boat was ordered for me with the features I selected.  I also bought a Shorelandír aluminum trailer and a Chevrolet Avalanche to pull it.  Interesting enough, both my Avalanche and Sig 276 have the Chevy 8.1 L engine.  (I've had the same re-call notice for both).  I've been boating for 41 years.  To say I love boating is an understatement! 

What do I think of the Chaparral Signature 276?  In a nutshell, I think it is a fantastically designed boat -- however; Chaparral's manufacturing is pitiful.  I would be embarrassed if I was part of their manufacturing department.  What has neutralized this is the great dealer I bought the boat from (Wayzata Marine).  Those guys constantly fix the problems that Chaparral Manufacturing has created - and that's not just the Sig 276.  But if you think this is very negative and I hate the boat you're wrong - I absolutely love this boat!  Whoever heads up the Design Team; I'd like to shake his hand.  Whoever heads up Manufacturing; I'd like to punch him in the nose (not really - I'm not violent).

When I feel like sitting here for 2 hours, I'll post all the issues I've had and continue to have with my boat (that is, if anyone is interested?).   Also, Iíd like to tell you about the modifications Iíve made and intend yet to make (again, if anyone is interested?).

Is it possible to change the name of this forum topic to include 2007 Signature 270ís Ė itís the same boat as the 2006 Signature 276 Ė Chaparral just re-named it to fit in their line-up?

Edited by Alla Vita! on March 05 2007 at 22:55

Back to Top Printable version View Alla Vita!'s Profile Search for other posts by Alla Vita!

oceanfever
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: March 06 2007 at 18:36 | IP Logged Quote oceanfever

I too am dismayed at Chaparrel manufacturing. I have spent every summer to this day gluing the upholstery back on. It started two years after I purchased the boat and persists. They offered to pay half the bill but would not acknowledge the bad job in the first. I agree they make a great vessel but need to rid themselves of the less than stellar help. They also installed the depth sounder pick so it sets on a trailer bunk. I've had to replace it twice.  And of course I have to have the dealer lift the boat up and replace it. All this along with the other problems doesn't change my mind about my 260. I still love it.

Bob Conway
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: October 31 2007 at 20:07 | IP Logged Quote Bob Conway

I am also an owner of a 2006 27.6 signature - ordered in Feb of 2006 and received in june of 2006. As you, I ordered the boat with all options and have spent the last two summers in the shop reworking the mfg problems and parts.  All I can say is Chaparral's Quality Control is non existence.

I have just posted a forum on the Chaparral's swim platform problem. I would appreciate hearing from you if you have had any problems and what you have done to solve.

BobC 

Back to Top Printable version View Bob Conway's Profile Search for other posts by Bob Conway

]
] ]

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
  ]
Printable version Printable version