View Last Post Viking Yachts Links
Last Post By: Viking44
Forum: Viking Yacht

Posted: April 17 2014 at: 06:32

View Last Post Amerosport 320
Last Post By: Jerry737
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: April 13 2014 at: 16:00

View Last Post Any Uniflite Owners near Berkeley CA???
Last Post By: concordian
Forum: Uniflite

Posted: March 08 2014 at: 02:27

View Last Post Inverter
Last Post By: eshover
Forum: Chris Craft

Posted: February 03 2014 at: 11:32

]
] ]

Chris Craft
 BoatUS Boat Groups/Manufacturer Forums>>Chris Craft
Subject Topic: Murray Chris Craft Constellations Post ReplyPost New Topic
150 Pages « 145 146 147 148 149 150
] ] ]
]
Author
Message Prev Topic | Next Topic 
NautiKall
"Seaman"

Posted: January 27 2014 at 20:42 | IP Logged Quote NautiKall

Can't get in. Time to shut it down for the night.

Edited by NautiKall on January 27 2014 at 20:45

David Ross
"Navigator"

Posted: January 27 2014 at 21:21 | IP Logged Quote David Ross

The exhuast noise/muffler discussion has brought out some interesting comments and input. If there is a way to reduce the noise sufficiently and within ones cost vs dollars spent comfort zone, I'm sure there would be even more interest in this subject. However civil tongues will have to prevail. AGAIN I caution, arogant and cutting comments will kill this site. We've been down this road before. AGAIN I mention there is a lot of expierence and knowledge here. As my father (a certified electrical and mechanical engineer who worked wth other engineers and scientists in the space industry) once said, there comes a time to throw away the plastic pocket protector and move on with the project.

Back to Top Printable version View David Ross's Profile Search for other posts by David Ross

diveryates
"Lieutenant"

Posted: January 27 2014 at 22:40 | IP Logged Quote diveryates

Ahoy all,

The discussion concerning mufflers is particularly germane to Catalina 280's which I know, are not a Connie. None-the-less: While Catalinas are terrific boats they do suffer from perhaps, a common malady with their big relative, the Connie., If one can call it that, it is of being part of the Chris Craft Legacy. What I'm driving at is that Chris Craft designs were essentially of a race boat pedigree, meaning straight pipes, minimal mufflers etc became ...endemic. It is my opinion that, over the years that minimalist view evolved, for better or worse into a integral design feature where space was saved by keeping muffler sizes to a minimum. Also, back in the day loud was fashionable. My poor hearing can attest to that- ugg. I speculate that CC kept this design tendency throughout the years and through their many designs. Catalinas, at speed are notoriously loud to the point that we wear Dick Clark aircraft intercom headsets. These units are rated to cut 25 db- works great- thank God, although fatigue is still a serous issue.

Point being that at least on our single engine boat there is a 12"x 3' unbaffled in-line muffler. Given its size and the space available made for that bad boy, we would take seriously any muffler offering that tones down things a little or better yet, a lot.

It is my understanding that 'lifter' mufflers are designed for lifting exhaust water high enough to maintain optimal down-flow of exhaust water heading astern . In boat architecture, this geometry is well studied and is present for reasons of maintaining swift outflow even when outside water tries to backflow toward the engine like for instance in following seas. The benefit of sound attenuation in these lifter mufflers is incidental, though I would think, often quite welcome.

Finely, in conclusion I observe there are some borderline geniuses on this forum- I mean that seriously. But, as my old man used to say (and he was borderline):
" One difference between genius and stupidity is that genius is limited".

I continue to monitor the thread with rapt interest.

Diver

Pete37
"Commander"

Posted: January 28 2014 at 12:10 | IP Logged Quote Pete37

Hi Bob & All,

Subject: Mufflers

There is no 1/26/2014 15:42 post. I think Bob is referring to the 16:42 post the second paragraph of which reads:

“Since we don't know the exact relationship between the dB and the engine I'll just pick the average absorbance of 17dB. 17dB is an absorbance of 50:1 meaning that only 1/50th of the sound entering the muffler gets out of the back end. Or to put it another way 98% of the sound is absorbed in the muffler and only 2% goes out of the exhaust pipe.”

But this refers to the Centek 10000235 Vernatone Round Marine Muffler Silencer which is a currently produced muffler. Not one that was installed in our Connies way back in the 1980s. We don’t know what was installed. That will have to wait until someone gets the ID numbers off a Connie muffler.

I checked with Centek and found that they basically only deal with boat manufacturers. They wouldn’t give me a price on their mufflers and referred me to their distributors. The distributors wouldn’t give me a price either. Now I know why Bob didn’t mention a price.

Centek’s best muffler is the Vernatone MKII Dual Stage Round muffler. There was no mention of sound absorbance in their ads so I asked what it was. The telephone answer I got was 25 to 30 dB. But when I asked for where that could be found on the spec sheets they told me that they don’t give any performance warrantees. So you’re basically buying an unwarranted pig-in-a-poke muffler of unknown performance. If it works great! If it doesn’t tough luck!

They did have a dimensional table though. The unit we would probably need is Part#1420800 which is 66” long by 16.25” in diameter. It has 8.0” inlet and outlet ports. Sounds like it is longer and larger in diameter than our current mufflers. Installing it may be a problem.

Cost wise a muffler they claim (but don’t warrantee) is 25dB to 30dB has got to be more expensive than a 16dB to 18dB muffler. If we go just on dB one might think the price difference might be 2:1. But I don’t know and apparently Bob doesn’t either. That pushes the possible price to somewhere between $3200 and $6400 plus installation costs.

Pete37

Edited by Pete37 on January 28 2014 at 12:14

NautiKall
"Seaman"

Posted: January 28 2014 at 13:23 | IP Logged Quote NautiKall

Muffler fans,

I now have the costs for Vernatone Mark II Dual Stage mufflers. West Marine will deliver to their local store for $ 1,600.00 each.  Defender cost is $1,424.95 + $214.00 freight or $1,639 each to St.Louis.

As I stated earlier our boat yard expert and I will investigate the doability of installing new 66" x 16 1/4" mufflers in my 460.  Since it is 5 degrees F. outside right now, our look-see may not happen for a few days.  Stay tuned.  If the part number 1420800 won't fit, then there might be a case for the 6" inlet model, with reducers, that measures 54" x 12 3/8" dia.  I would then have to find out if sound attenuation under that condition would work.  Centek offers reducer fittings for some reason. (?)  The engineers at Centek are very helpful.

Dave and Diver,  I appreciate and understand your comments.  I mostly, really enjoy this forum, find it useful and hope that this discussion doesn't destroy it as happened last summer. It seems that an argument can occur on just about any topic. I am new to posting here and I can't believe what is happening to me.

Is it possible that a one hour difference in the time of a post is because I am in the central time zone? or was the criticism meant to deflect attention to an error in a B.S. statement?

The first rule in debate is to attack the problem, not the person.  Since we are remembering old quotes, my Dad once said "Be careful.  When you argue with a fool, you may look foolish yourself".  I'll say no more until I have some more facts.

Bob K.

Pete37
"Commander"

Posted: January 28 2014 at 14:36 | IP Logged Quote Pete37

Hi Bob,

Excellent news! The mufflers aren't as expensive as I thought they might be. Makes me wonder why they are selling 16 dB to 18 dB mufflers at the same price as what they claiim are much better mufflers. However if the Dual Stage muffler has the same absorbance as the Centek 1000235 muffler then the equal prices might make sense.

But of course we still don't know what the absorbance of the new dual stage mufflers are. We only have a verbal statement that the manufacturer won't back up on paper.

As they say, verbal statements aren't worth the paper they are printed on. Let's we if we can nail Centek down (on paper) about the specs of both of these mufflers.

Don't know why there was a 1 hour time difference. I have always thought that only one time was printed on the posts and that it was Eastern time. So if you read the post it should be the same time regardless of what time zone you are in. No big deal though. I figured out which post you were talking about.

Pete37

Edited by Pete37 on January 28 2014 at 14:43

NautiKall
"Seaman"

Posted: January 28 2014 at 16:02 | IP Logged Quote NautiKall

Pete,

No conspiracy in Thomasville, Ga. The 17db mufflers are a compromise of performance for physical size.

When you register for the forum, you select a time offset for where you live.

Bob K.

Pete37
"Commander"

Posted: January 28 2014 at 16:53 | IP Logged Quote Pete37

Hi Bob,

So the times we see on the posts are the local times of the sender, Wonder why the forum doesn't include the time zones of the sender?

We don't have a situation where we are comparing the prices of two 17 dB mufflers. We're comparing the price of one known 17 dB muffler with another much larger one with unknown but claimed 25 dB performance.

So what you're saying is that even though the 25 dB muffler is larger and higher performance its size makes it easier to produce and therefore it can be sold at a price equal to the smaller muffler.

But of course we still don't know whether the 25 dB unit is really 25 dB or not. Or has Centek sent you a letter that says it is? If they have let's see the letter. If it is why have they been reluctant to admit it?

Pete37

NautiKall
"Seaman"

Posted: January 28 2014 at 17:10 | IP Logged Quote NautiKall

Pete,

I can't keep track of what you are talking about.  No one wants a 17db muffler.  A newer product line now offers a 25-30 db muffler, but it is larger in size.  Get it!

I have not compared the cost of a 17db muffler to a 25-30 db muffler.  I don't know what the old mufflers now cost.  If cost becomes a big deal and prevents me from making an improvement of major consequence, I will get out of boating and play golf.  Enough.

Bob K.

Pete37
"Commander"

Posted: January 28 2014 at 17:38 | IP Logged Quote Pete37

Hi Bob,

Naturally we would all prefer a 25 dB muffler over an 18 dB muffler if it really is a 25 dB muffler. Unfortunately we don't have the specs on the 25 dB muffler yet. We need a definite statement from Centek on what the absorbance of the muffler is before we can even consider it. And we also need to know whether it will fit.

You seem to be in such a gung-ho rush that your're ready to buy the mufflers before you even know what they are.

Pete37

PS: Golfing might be less stressful.

Edited by Pete37 on January 28 2014 at 17:43

NautiKall
"Seaman"

Posted: January 28 2014 at 18:06 | IP Logged Quote NautiKall

In golf you only play against yourself.

Pats2nd Connie
"Deckhand"

Posted: January 28 2014 at 18:20 | IP Logged Quote Pats2nd Connie

I joined here thinking it would be a "team" effort. People sharing
ideas, not a bunch of bitch slapping. There is a site called Active
Captain. I have run across him several times during our adventure to
Paridise. If you tell him your plan, is first response is "why would you
want to do that". I gets quite old.
Anyways, Furman, get the beer cold. We're heading your way.

NautiKall
"Seaman"

Posted: January 28 2014 at 18:47 | IP Logged Quote NautiKall

Pat,

Good luck on your Florida adventure.  Fort Myers on the Calusahatchie is a great area. We have good boater friends who have retired to the West coast area.  One who has a "tip lot" on Marco Island, has a fishing charter service but spends most of his time flatboat fishing for tarpon and whatever.  Another who went to Burnt Store marina in the Ft Myers area and a third on the water in Punta Gorda.  We enjoy cruising with them on Charlotte Harbor Bay.  Gasperilla Island, etc.

Did your marina used to be known as Burnt Store Marina?  I think in recent hard times, there might have been a change.  Before I retired and had a big boat we used to spend Two weeks every February in a condo at Punta Rassa, which are buildings just North of the bridge to Sanibel Island.  enjoy!

There is another forum site that may be more enjoyable.

Bob K.

Pats2nd Connie
"Deckhand"

Posted: January 28 2014 at 19:07 | IP Logged Quote Pats2nd Connie

Hi Bob, we looked at burnt Store. They had a couple nice slips with
great views of the gulf. However great views of the gulf come with
some rough weather coming in at you. This marina was a little too old
for us and far from everything. We will be at salty Sams in ft Myers
beach.

Spike166
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: January 28 2014 at 21:13 | IP Logged Quote Spike166

OK one last try on the now irrelevant pic. I found that,
while it was under 100k it was over 5x5. I'm running
Windows 8 and Chrome, not techie enough to know if that
means anything.

28_210749_Riser.JPG">

We'll see if this works, if not FB is pretty easy. Goose did
you get my request? I found more than one Connie site,
not sure I sent it to the right one.

We have a long grab rail just bellow our upper saloon side
windows that we use to adjust fenders while locking. I coil
a 20 line in the rear hawse pipe with the tail hanging out to
grab for docking. I do like the short line/carabiner idea
though, less chance of a tangle.

Edited by Spike166 on January 28 2014 at 21:15

Back to Top Printable version View Spike166's Profile Search for other posts by Spike166

Grey Goose
"Deckhand"

Posted: January 28 2014 at 21:20 | IP Logged Quote Grey Goose

Spike166
Is that you holding the surfboard. If so, we are already friends.

Back to Top Printable version View Grey Goose's Profile Search for other posts by Grey Goose

Spike166
"Seaman Recruit"

Posted: January 28 2014 at 21:24 | IP Logged Quote Spike166

Yep, that's me...at least I was able to post that picture!

Back to Top Printable version View Spike166's Profile Search for other posts by Spike166

Pete37
"Commander"

Posted: January 29 2014 at 07:58 | IP Logged Quote Pete37

Hi All,

Subject: Vernatone Dual Stage MKII Attenuation

Well, I've finally found a documentation of the Vernatone Dual Stage MKII Muffler attenuation. It was right in one of the Centek advertisements. Don't know why they didn't give me the document when I asked for it.

There's some good news and some bad news. As you can see the attenuation does rise to 30 dB. But it doesn't get there until 250 Hz which is a pretty high frequency for engine noise.

Detroits are renouned for their deep throated gutteral roar ie: low frequency sound. At 125 Hz the attenuation is only 20 dB and at lower frequencies even less. Net result is that we might not get more than 20 dB attenuation out of this muffler.

In order to find out we need a graph of the frequency spectrum of a 6V92. Fortunately the search wasn't too difficult and I found a very good article on diesel noise. The graph below shows that most of the noise occurs below 250Hz.The blue line is for low loads (25%) and the red for full load (100%).

With this type of noise spectrum 20 dB seems like a reasonable estimate of the net attenuation. Now I see why it was less expensive than I thought it would be. It's a 20 dB muffler not a 30 db muffler

Pete37

Edited by Pete37 on January 29 2014 at 10:01

Pete37
"Commander"

Posted: January 30 2014 at 11:59 | IP Logged Quote Pete37

Hi All,

Subject: Goodbye, It's been good knowing you.

Looks like this is the end of the Boat US Manufacturer's Forums. Most of the guys on this forum have taken off for other forums like Facebook. And there's no significant activity on any of the other Boat US forums.

Boat US will probably keep the Manufacturer's Forums open for a while but will eventually drop them due to lack of activity. They didn't really seem to have their heart in it anyway

We finished off in a blaze of glory. It shows what can be done with proper management (18-20 posts per day). But there's always some guy who screws things up by trying to make use of the forum for a personal business.

I think I'm going to spend my time writing a book or perhaps boating magazine articles. Either one pays a lot more than this forum. And of course my Connie needs a lot of attention.

The Connie Library is too specific to have any commercial value so I doubt I'll do much with it. I may use some of it for boating magazine articles. It has now grown to nearlly 5 gigabytes. I've toyed with the idea of making it a web site.

Naturally I'll drop by to this site occasionally and you'll be able to leave messages.

Pete37, 1/30/2014

Edited by Pete37 on January 31 2014 at 16:34

NautiKall
"Seaman"

Posted: January 30 2014 at 12:47 | IP Logged Quote NautiKall

Good Bye Pete.  Thank you for some positive input you provided through the years.  It is January in an unusually cold and slow winter for boating activity.  I think BoatUS has provided a great service to the industry and deserves a lot of credit.  I don't  think they are killing forums.  Maybe our booming economy has something to do with it.
For others who may be watching, I will follow with more info about my muffler study as it develops; if the forum survives. Have not made a physical inspection of the work area yet.

Bob K.

Pats2nd Connie
"Deckhand"

Posted: January 30 2014 at 19:24 | IP Logged Quote Pats2nd Connie

Pete, sorry to hear of your leaving. I think most of the members got
tired of stressful exchanges and are taking a breather.
The FB sites do offer easy photo posting and free access. Can't speak
for everyone, I will continue to be notified of forum postings.

Bob, you are truely a good sport.

To sunny days?

Pete37
"Commander"

Posted: January 31 2014 at 01:43 | IP Logged Quote Pete37

Hi Pat and Bob,

Sorry that it had to end this way. It's probably the end of any forum dedicated solely to Connies. With most of our former forum members no longer on this site and all of the other Manufacturer's Forums effectively dead Boat US will probably shut the Manufacturer's Forums down rather soon.

I've been on a number of forums that try to handle multiple types of yachts and it doesn't work. The yachts are just too different for posts on the of repair of any one type to be of much use to owners of the other types of yachts.

The lack of reasonable photo posting and fees for posting also contributed to the forum's demise.

Since no one is using this site I'll probably just blog on it until it's shut down. It's good practice for writing boating magazine articles.

Pete37

Edited by Pete37 on January 31 2014 at 01:55

DMark
"Deckhand"

Posted: January 31 2014 at 07:18 | IP Logged Quote DMark

Hi Pete,

Im sorry to see this happening. While I'm a very infrequent
poster I have appreciated the helpful perspectives that were
shared and will miss them.

Would you be willing to make another copy of your amazing
Connie data base available? If so, how would you prefer to
handle the transaction?

Mark

Back to Top Printable version View DMark's Profile Search for other posts by DMark

Grey Goose
"Deckhand"

Posted: January 31 2014 at 13:10 | IP Logged Quote Grey Goose

“Over? Did you say 'over'? Nothing is over until we
decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed
Pearl Harbor? Hell no! ”

― John Belushi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7vtWB4owdE

Edited by Grey Goose on January 31 2014 at 13:37

Back to Top Printable version View Grey Goose's Profile Search for other posts by Grey Goose

Pats2nd Connie
"Deckhand"

Posted: January 31 2014 at 13:13 | IP Logged Quote Pats2nd Connie

How do I like this?

eshover
"Deckhand"

Posted: January 31 2014 at 13:16 | IP Logged Quote eshover

You just did!

Pete37
"Commander"

Posted: January 31 2014 at 16:29 | IP Logged Quote Pete37

Hi All,

Subject:Belushi Quote

“Over? Did you say 'over'? Nothing is over until we
decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed
Pearl Harbor? Hell no! ”

¯ John Belushi

This has got to be the dumbest quote I've heard in a long time. The Germans didn't bomb Pearl Harbor the Japanese did. I've always known that John Belushi was a jerk but why quote him.

And what makes you think you have any control over a forum you've abandoned?

Pete37

Edited by Pete37 on January 31 2014 at 16:30

Grey Goose
"Deckhand"

Posted: January 31 2014 at 16:39 | IP Logged Quote Grey Goose

Are you sure it was the Japanese? Not the Germans!

I didn't know that I abandoned this forum. I was just
going to post more now that you stated that you were
leaving.

Pete37
"Commander"

Posted: January 31 2014 at 17:02 | IP Logged Quote Pete37

Hi Allen,

You don't read very well Allen. The last sentence of my post says:

"Naturally I'll drop by to this site occasionally and you'll be able to leave messages."

Pete37

PS: Are you inferring you think that the Germans had a hand in bombing Pearl Harbor? Read your history Allan.

Edited by Pete37 on January 31 2014 at 17:43

Grey Goose
"Deckhand"

Posted: January 31 2014 at 17:12 | IP Logged Quote Grey Goose

First, I just want to let you know that I am getting
great pleasure reading your responses. I find it
more entertaining "In a humorous way" than some
of the best sitcoms on TV.

Second, Please do not feel it necessary to post
historical data about Pearl Harbor. I know that the
Japanese not the Germans invaded Pearl Harbor.
The quote from animal house was funny. I put it
there because it related very well to this situation.
This is an open forum. Nobody except for BoatUS
can control this forum. NOBODY. Needless to say,
"its not over"

Please find someone else to pick a fight with, or
maybe not. I'm having to much fun with this!

Edited by Grey Goose on January 31 2014 at 17:19

Pete37
"Commander"

Posted: January 31 2014 at 18:17 | IP Logged Quote Pete37

Hi Allan,

I guess this discussion revolves about your definition of "we". If it's you and a couple of your buddies then it isn't over when you decide it is. It's over when Boat US decides it is.

And since all of us are paying members of the forum I guess we can all post as long as we want to. Provided we remain civil.

I didn't pick a fight here. You did with your convoluted John Belushi quote. If you don't pick fights I won't respond to them.

I and some of my friends on the forum were just saying polite goodbys because you and some of your friends decided to stage a boycott of the forum.

I wasn't sure whether the boycott was sincere or just a stunt. So I left the door open and said I would revisit the site occasionally. Which I have.

If you and your buddies will stop picking fights and will limit your posts to legitimate Connie problems we can all coexit peacefully. No more snide comments either direct or inferred.

Lets get back to business,

Pete37

Edited by Pete37 on January 31 2014 at 18:22

Grey Goose
"Deckhand"

Posted: January 31 2014 at 18:38 | IP Logged Quote Grey Goose

What brand of light bulbs do you use in your refrigerator.   I'm thinking
of going to LED to save power at anchor.

Pats2nd Connie
"Deckhand"

Posted: January 31 2014 at 19:31 | IP Logged Quote Pats2nd Connie

OMG! You guys stop this nonsense.
You have a lightbulb in you fridge? Now that's crazy.
Pete, that was an actual quote from a movie. I found it funny.
You may say "Funny how, like a clown"

Pete37
"Commander"

Posted: January 31 2014 at 19:59 | IP Logged Quote Pete37

Hi Allan and Pat,

Subject: Refrigerator Bulb

Allan:

My fridge (a Sylvania) uses a 60W 120 Volt Sylvania bulb marked Fan/DL. It has an ordinary screw-in base. The Fan marking indicates thats it's for use in a unit that has a Fan. Not sure what the DL means but it probable indicates it's suitable for refrigerator use.

I doubt changing it to an LED would save much power since it's only on when the fridge door is open. I assume you don't leave the fridge door open much? Sounds like your question is related to running the fridge off DC. My fridge runs on AC.

Pat:

See we can answer these questions without any snide comments.

Pete37

Edited by Pete37 on January 31 2014 at 20:05

Fantasy
"Navigator"

Posted: January 31 2014 at 20:09 | IP Logged Quote Fantasy

Pete,
As I see it, there is no conspiracy of "buddies" here. Virtually every poster has independently complained about your condescending and obnoxious tone for years. You have chased them away, believe it or not, and ruined it for those of us who enjoy sharing our ideas and experiences, cordially. That is the only reason that members have sought other sites where you don't participate, I'm sorry to say.

We did have a recent "blaze of glory" for a short time when a few new members showed up with new issues. But you managed to blow them off too, and very quickly.

I am angry that you have been selfish with this resource that belongs to all of us. I suggest that you try to find another avenue for your blogs and articles that doesn't interfere with our discussions. You don't seem capable of interacting with people in a productive manner.

John

NautiKall
"Seaman"

Posted: January 31 2014 at 20:38 | IP Logged Quote NautiKall

I Thought the light bulb in my refrigerator Stayed on all the time.  Are you sure it turns off when the door is closed?  You just can't always believe what some people say will happen. 

eshover
"Deckhand"

Posted: January 31 2014 at 20:57 | IP Logged Quote eshover

I believe the refrigerator bulb discussion is in regards to
electrical draw via an inverter. Of course, you'd have to
leave the door open for extended periods to draw a battery
bank down.
I know the light goes out. I took the shelves out of my
refrigerator, got in side and had the wife close the door. The
light went out.      I did notice two green eyes staring at
me! Man! I've GOT to clean that refrigerator out!

Emory

David Ross
"Navigator"

Posted: January 31 2014 at 21:04 | IP Logged Quote David Ross

I'm confused... this forum seemed to be making a comeback. I assume the few obnoxious comments that weren't necessary and took away from the heart of the discussion caused this on again off again situation. Here we go again. I hoped the negativity would end and if not there would be at least a few more rounds this time before a big blow up ocurred. Hard to keep the original and newer members here, with this uncalled for arrogance, not to mention getting any brand new members. Some people never learn. Very appropriate a couple of the last posts mentioned World War II history information and/or misinformation. Like it has been said, learn from history or die.

Allen, since there has been humorous and serious comments made here recently and possibly some confusion which is which, I will comment on your refrigerator light bulb question. You and the others (if anyone is here) decide which which it is. Maybe we can get this site running again. 

First check the electric consumption with the current bulb in, with a LED bulb in and without any bulb (you can use a flashlight, just be sure to include the flashlight battery useage in your calculations). Research the best price for each bulb, including, if applicable, tax and shipping. Make a cost analysis of each bulb and if you use a flashlight, the cost of a new flashlight or the depreciated cost of your used one. Make sure to document all your research. Then graph the various bulbs electric consumption and the costs of the bulbs (and the flashlight if used). Then you will have your answer.

Back to Top Printable version View David Ross's Profile Search for other posts by David Ross

NautiKall
"Seaman"

Posted: January 31 2014 at 21:21 | IP Logged Quote NautiKall

Good news.  I checked today and the best Vernatone mufflers for our 8" exhaust will fit in the 460 as a replacement for the orginals.  Stay tuned.  No debate required.

Bob K.

NautiKall
"Seaman"

Posted: January 31 2014 at 21:30 | IP Logged Quote NautiKall

David,  I think your second "which" should have been a "why".  Be careful, I'm a pre WW II relic and don't need my sense of humor damaged.

Bob K.

Edited by NautiKall on January 31 2014 at 21:32

]
] ]
150 Pages « 145 146 147 148 149 150

Post ReplyPost New Topic

] ] ]
]
  ]
Printable version Printable version